• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with the pci e power connector on my x1900xt

2003CRF450GUY

Processor AMD athlon 3700+ oc to 2.71 Ghz
Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Cooling Swiftech 120mm rad, CPU Apogee gt, MCP350 pump
Memory 2 gigs of OCZ pc3200 Platinum edition ram
Video Card(s) ATI X1900XT 512 MB 722 core 792 MEM
Storage 320 gb Seagate Barrracuda 7200 Sata
Display(s) 19 inch Samsung Sync Master 955df
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply ULTRA X connect 500w
Software Windows xp pro
Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem. When I first got my x1900xt I didn’t have a six pin PCI e power connector on my power supply. So I was about to buy one until a friend told me you can make one, he showed me this article- http://www.spodesabode.com/content/article/pciepower
I did just like that article said and made my own pci connector, it has worked grate for the last 4 months until now. A few days ago I was playing farcry and my pc was running perfectly, temps were all normal, but after about 30 minutes of playing I started smelling the dreaded BURNING SMELL that no pc owner likes smelling. I shut my computer off as soon as I smelt it and it turns out it was one on the pins on my home made pci-e connector, it burned up. It almost welded itself in the connector, I was able to get it out with a little force and I had some burnt plastic in the x1900’s connector that I was able to pick out. So then I’m thinking ok I just fried my 442 dollar video card, the next day I ordered a new "not home made” pci-e connector, I got it the next day and when I went to try it the computer would not even turn on. At this point I’m thinking for sure the card is fried, but the weird thing is it wouldn’t even let my pc turn on for a second. I always thought that with a pci-e connectors you were suppose to connect the TWO 4 pin connectors to your power supply, so I thought I would try only plugging in ONE 4 pin connector to the power supply and to my surprise it worked. So my question is why is there TWO 4 pin connectors on the six pin pci adaptors when only one is needed? Is the other one there just to supply power for something els? Because I can plug a fan into it and it runs.

KennyT772

System Name Raptor
Processor Intel E8400 Wolfdale @3600
Motherboard Asus P5Q-Pro LGA775
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700
Memory 1024mbx2 Crucial Ballistix DDR800
Video Card(s) XFX 9600GT
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Display(s) Acer AL2216Wbd and Acer AL1717
Case Gigabyte 3DAurora Black
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Faitality
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 500w
the wires are shorted out. your best bet is to send your psu and video card in for an inspection and see if it can be repaired or replaced for cheap.

believe it or not theres a reason they use two molex cables on the ones you buy..

Gwargor

believe it or not theres a reason they use two molex cables on the ones you buy..

That makes no sense. If you would of looked at the link he put up on page 2 it showed that you use 2 molex connectors. My X1900XT didn't come with a PCIe power adapter either and I made one using the same page you did. I also ordered one the next day from newegg(couldn't find one in the town I live in)as I didn't want to use a homemade one forever, just as a temporary fix so I could use the new card I just got.

**EDIT** One more thing make sure the new PCIe adapter you got doesn't have a ground wire in the bottom middle, Just like the one you made. If it does pull it out. I read at newegg in the reviews that some people had problems with there PSU tripping if it was there. This might fix your problem.
GoodLuck

Last edited:
That article is plain stupid... Why didn't you buy a Molex to PCI-E 6 Pin Dongle rather than making it? Ghetto modding IS dangerous and I have to say, that kind of stuff WILL void your warranty.

EDIT: They have two, one input, one output or just one single input. The first option when they are supplied with it just makes sure you don't lose a molex connector.

*Coughs* That molex input and output isnt a hackjob.

EDIT2: That card won't last long...

Last edited:

AshenSugar

Processor Athlon64 3500+(2.2gz)@2.94gz(3.03gz)
Motherboard Biostar Tforce550 (RMA) (m2n-sli delux)
Cooling PIB cooler
Memory 2gb ocz 533 +1gb samsung 533 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) x1900xtx 512mb+zalman vf900 cooler(kicks stock coolers arse)
Storage 80gb,200gb,250gb,160gb
Display(s) 20.1 in dell 2001fp + KDS visual sensations 19"
Case Codegen briza seirse
Audio Device(s) ADI SoundMax HD audio onboard,using Ket's driver pack
Power Supply FSP 400watt SAGA seirse w/noise killer
Software Windows 2003 ent server as workstation(kills xp in perf and stab)
if u lack skillz you should never do these kinds of home made mods, i dont fully agree with tkpenalty about what he calls "Ghetto modding" alot of it is about how skilled you are and how well you pick your parts, i made many adapters for 9500/9500pro/9700/9800 cards taht used the floppy connector, mainly because we couldnt find a place to order just the adapters at the time(short supply) so i made them from old psu's at the shop i worked at, using parts from other fan spliters(4 pin female) worked fine, never had one fail.

and some adapters have 4 molex others have one, the ones i have only have 1 4pin connector on the adapter, the 2nd one is for dual rail psu's so you can split the load over the 2 rails(if you can figuar out what cable sets are for what rail that is) for 1 rail use/1 rail psu use you need to pull a wire or only use 1 molex connector.

ps i got alot of "Ghetto" stuff i built around here, the water cooler i hacked togather in this test bed i got running is made from a heatpipe cooler, plastic break line, an old fule pump(12volt) as well as a 3 gallon bucket (full of water) works great, and keeps that duron applebread at 2.7gz (stocks 1.8, its board limmited....) at 2.1volts temps are maxed at 46c, not bad for something i hacked togather years back as a project when i was hurt!!!!!!!

Gwargor

I would think it would go without saying that if you don't know what you're doing that you shouldn't do this. I liked the article (not stupid at all!) and it helped me to get my card working, before I could get an adapter. It's not rocket science; it's very simple for anyone with electrical knowledge to do assuming they have the spare parts needed to do this Mod.

AshenSugar

Processor Athlon64 3500+(2.2gz)@2.94gz(3.03gz)
Motherboard Biostar Tforce550 (RMA) (m2n-sli delux)
Cooling PIB cooler
Memory 2gb ocz 533 +1gb samsung 533 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) x1900xtx 512mb+zalman vf900 cooler(kicks stock coolers arse)
Storage 80gb,200gb,250gb,160gb
Display(s) 20.1 in dell 2001fp + KDS visual sensations 19"
Case Codegen briza seirse
Audio Device(s) ADI SoundMax HD audio onboard,using Ket's driver pack
Power Supply FSP 400watt SAGA seirse w/noise killer
Software Windows 2003 ent server as workstation(kills xp in perf and stab)
shit i moded my enermax 300watt psu's to add 4 extra molex connectors to each, took about 20min each and striping out a crappy powerup psu for parts!!!

its all about ur real level of skill and knowlage, if eather are to low you will endup with dead parts!!!!

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
That article is plain stupid... Why didn't you buy a Molex to PCI-E 6 Pin Dongle rather than making it? Ghetto modding IS dangerous and I have to say, that kind of stuff WILL void your warranty.

EDIT: They have two, one input, one output or just one single input. The first option when they are supplied with it just makes sure you don't lose a molex connector.

*Coughs* That molex input and output isnt a hackjob.

EDIT2: That card won't last long...

So what your saying is one of the two connectors on the 6 pin adaptor is an output and one is a impute? That would make sense and would be why my pc would not turn on for a second because I had both of the connectors plugged into my power supply. My psu was probably detecting a fault and thats why it wasn’t turning my pc on. I agree with you about the ghetto modding LAST TIME I EVER DO IT AGAIN, the only reason I did it in the first place is because those 6 pin adaptors at any local store run for 30 frigan dollars. Why is it you would need an output power connector, is it to power somthing els like a extra power connector? Why wouldn’t these just come with one 3 pin into six pin? I have ran ATI Tool for a full hour and the card is in perfect condition, a red light came on beside the black connector on my x1900 before I shut it down. I didn’t not try and restart the card until I had the new connector, and the red light is not coming on so I think I got very lucky.

Last edited:

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
That makes no sense. If you would of looked at the link he put up on page 2 it showed that you use 2 molex connectors. My X1900XT didn't come with a PCIe power adapter either and I made one using the same page you did. I also ordered one the next day from newegg(couldn't find one in the town I live in)as I didn't want to use a homemade one forever, just as a temporary fix so I could use the new card I just got.

**EDIT** One more thing make sure the new PCIe adapter you got doesn't have a ground wire in the bottom middle, Just like the one you made. If it does pull it out. I read at newegg in the reviews that some people had problems with there PSU tripping if it was there. This might fix your problem.
GoodLuck

YES IT DOES HAVE A GROUND WIRE IN THE BOTTOM, maybe thats why my psu was getting a fault. Man i hope i didn't take life away from my x1900xt, i just paid 442 dollars for it 4 months ago. Its working perfect since i got the new cable and im only using ONE pci plug. ATI told me if the card is not getting anuf power the red light will come on YES THERES LIGHTS ON THESE CARDS, and mine is not coming on. I have also seen 6 pin adaptor with only one connector to plug into the psu so it seem's to me that this is something people really don't know to much about.

Last edited:

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
I would think it would go without saying that if you don't know what you're doing that you shouldn't do this. I liked the article (not stupid at all!) and it helped me to get my card working, before I could get an adapter. It's not rocket science; it's very simple for anyone with electrical knowledge to do assuming they have the spare parts needed to do this Mod.

I didn’t just go into this mod blind you know. I read up on it allot and followed how to do this step buy step. IT DID WORK FINE FOR 4 MONTHS, then 5 days ago one of the pins in the connector just burned up. I’m going to call ATI and ask them what the right way is to connect a two 4 pin into six pin connector, still not sure if I should cut the bottom ground and try using the two again or just keep doing what im doing now witch is just using one WITCH SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I didn’t just go into this mod blind you know. I read up on it allot and followed how to do this step buy step. IT DID WORK FINE FOR 4 MONTHS, then 5 days ago one of the pins in the connector just burned up. I’m going to call ATI and ask them what the right way is to connect a two 4 pin into six pin connector, still not sure if I should cut the bottom ground and try using the two again or just keep doing what im doing now witch is just using one WITCH SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE.
If it's working fine, leave well enough alone. Don't touch it.

Gwargor

Originally Posted by Gwargor View Post

That was not targeted at you. It was targeted at tkpenalty. So please don't take offense to it. ;)

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10

I had a bad molex connector on my old PSU... unfortunately it was the one that supplied the video card (X800GTO). Since it wasn't working, I can only surmise the motherboard was supplying the juice, and well... after RMAing the motherboard and clipping off the bad molex, everything was running smooth. So definitely damage could have been doen to either your PSU, MB or even video card, hard to say.

I wasn't clear from reading the thread if you got it back up and running?

System Name Ladpot ◦◦◦ Desktop
Processor R7 5800H ◦◦◦ i7 4770K, watercooled
Motherboard HP 88D2 ◦◦◦ Asus Z87-C2 Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Mixed gases ◦◦◦ Fuzion V1, MCW60/R2, DDC1/DDCT-01s top, PA120.3, EK200, D12SL-12, liq.metal TIM
Memory 2× 8GB DDR4-3200 ◦◦◦ 2× 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 ◦◦◦ heaps of dead GPUs in the garage
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ◦◦◦ Samsung 840Pro 256@178GB + 4× WD Red 2TB in RAID10 + LaCie Blade Runner 4TB
Display(s) HP ZR30w 30" 2560×1600 (WQXGA) H2-IPS
Case Lian Li PC-A16B
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S / Contour RollerMouse Red+
Keyboard Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2006 / Contour Balance Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge
Software W11 x64 ◦◦◦ W10 x64
Benchmark Scores It does boot up? I think.
This is not correct.

Both female molex connectors are meant to be plugged into 2 molexes from the PSU.

KennyT772

System Name Raptor
Processor Intel E8400 Wolfdale @3600
Motherboard Asus P5Q-Pro LGA775
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700
Memory 1024mbx2 Crucial Ballistix DDR800
Video Card(s) XFX 9600GT
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Display(s) Acer AL2216Wbd and Acer AL1717
Case Gigabyte 3DAurora Black
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Faitality
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 500w
the reason there are two plugs on the adapters is if all the current is supplied by one molex the draw will melt the wire. maybe not on a x1600 or somthing but a high end card draws 50-75 watts over that connection. one molex plug cannot handle that much draw for any amount of time hence why it burned up.

in order to properly make a pcie connector you need two female molex plugs. one plug has two 12v wires and one ground while the other has one 12v wire and two ground. this is to share the power draw so that you do not go over 50w per wire. that is the sole reason it is reccomended not to use both connectors on the same molex chain.

you hacked it together and you are now suffering a burnt card. you get what you deserve.

System Name Ladpot ◦◦◦ Desktop
Processor R7 5800H ◦◦◦ i7 4770K, watercooled
Motherboard HP 88D2 ◦◦◦ Asus Z87-C2 Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Mixed gases ◦◦◦ Fuzion V1, MCW60/R2, DDC1/DDCT-01s top, PA120.3, EK200, D12SL-12, liq.metal TIM
Memory 2× 8GB DDR4-3200 ◦◦◦ 2× 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 ◦◦◦ heaps of dead GPUs in the garage
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ◦◦◦ Samsung 840Pro 256@178GB + 4× WD Red 2TB in RAID10 + LaCie Blade Runner 4TB
Display(s) HP ZR30w 30" 2560×1600 (WQXGA) H2-IPS
Case Lian Li PC-A16B
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S / Contour RollerMouse Red+
Keyboard Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2006 / Contour Balance Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge
Software W11 x64 ◦◦◦ W10 x64
Benchmark Scores It does boot up? I think.
KennyT772
The specification for the standard 18AWG wire used commonly in ATX PSUs mentions maximum current upto 9A (12*9A=108W). The wire is perfectly fit for the needed current, the failure is likely the result of faulty construction of the power adapter.
For example the points where wire is connected to the pin connector are susceptible to failure if the connectors were not soldered. Poorly attached wire can lead to such a failure OP has experienced.

There's nothing bad or risky in ghetto mods as long as common sense is applied.

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
you hacked it together and you are now suffering a burnt card. you get what you deserve.[/QUOTE]

Ok there jack ass that’s why the connector I made WAS USING TWO MOLLEX CONNECTORS YET STILL BURNT UP and yes I soldered all wires I did not hack it I did a very nice and neat job. ALSO MY CARD IS NOT FRIDE ONLY THE PLASTIC ON ONE OF THE SIX PINS ON THE HOME MADE CONNECTOR MELTED THAT’S WHATS THE BURNING SMELL WAS FROM. THE CARD IS RUNNING PERFECTLY I JUST PLAYED FARCRY FOR 4 HOURS AND IT’S PERFECT. Now if you new what you were talking about you would know that allot of people are having problems with the two 4 pin into six connectors. The bottom middle wire on the connector is making some power supplies tripe when BOTH connectors are used. I have two PSU’s and it trips both of them. YET with my home made one THAT DIDN’T USE THE BOTTOM MIDLE WIRE, worked perfectly with TWO Molex connectors plugged in. O buy the way that home made one did work perfect for 4 moths, if it was a hack job like you say it was then why would it work flawless for 4 months.

Last edited:
System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Kids - the most common failure is in the connector, not the wires - depending on the molex/pins, a loose connector can work find for quite a while, then go "POP"!

Nobody's fault. The poor guy might have lost some good hardware and it could happen to anyone. Hell, it happened to me.

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
Kids - the most common failure is in the connector, not the wires - depending on the molex/pins, a loose connector can work find for quite a while, then go "POP"!

Nobody's fault. The poor guy might have lost some good hardware and it could happen to anyone. Hell, it happened to me.

LOL I didn’t rune any of my hard ware MY CARD STILL WORKS FLAWLES, how many times do I have to say it. How many more people are going to tell me I fried my hardware? :wtf: I bought a new two 4 pin into six pin connector, It works grate with ONE 4 pin plug in. If I try to plug both in the power supply won’t let my pc turn on not even for a split second. Yet with my home made one I was able to use BOTH connectors, I’m almost sure that its that bottom middle wire in-between the two 12 volt yellow wires, my home made one didn't use this wire and it worked perfect. I bet if I cut that middle wire it would then let me plug BOTH connectors in. What I would like to know is what cussed this to happen to my home made one, "IT WAS WIRED RIGHT" could it have bin a lose pin? :confused: Seeing as it did work for 4 months should say that it wasn’t HACKED like some think :nutkick: .

Last edited:

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
the wires are shorted out. your best bet is to send your psu and video card in for an inspection and see if it can be repaired or replaced for cheap.

believe it or not theres a reason they use two Molex cables on the ones you buy..

REALLY, then why are there PCI-E connectors that only have one 4 pin connector :slap: Don't believe me then check this out

Looks like I'm not the only one that’s having a problem using two Molex connectors-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812189120

I thought for sure most people would have a clue about these since they are a very common item but yet there seems to be no one that knows to much about them, and the RITE way to make them work.

Last edited:

Gwargor

REALLY, then why are there PCI-E connectors that only have one 4 pin connector :slap: Don't believe me then check this out

Looks like I'm not the only one that’s having a problem using two Molex connectors-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812189120

I thought for sure most people would have a clue about these since they are a very common item but yet there seems to be no one that knows to much about them, and the RITE way to make them work.

Dude you are right, but you should just remove the bottom middle wire and use both to be safe. Just like the others at newegg said, I did it before I even hooked it up to my card, So I never had any problems.

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
Dude you are right, but you should just remove the bottom middle wire and use both to be safe. Just like the others at newegg said, I did it before I even hooked it up to my card, So I never had any problems.

Thanks for the input Gwargor, I’m not sure if I want to cut that bottom wire because its running so good with just one, and now that I see they really do sell these one 4 pin into six pin connectors that’s puts my mind to ease. I’m glad you didn’t say something dumb like Like this guy said “you hacked it together and you are now suffering a burnt card. you get what you deserve” :nutkick: :slap:

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
Thanks for the input Gwargor, I’m not sure if I want to cut that bottom wire because its running so good with just one, and now that I see they really do sell these one 4 pin into six pin connectors that’s puts my mind to ease. I’m glad you didn’t say something dumb like Like this guy said “you hacked it together and you are now suffering a burnt card. you get what you deserve” :nutkick: :slap:

they sell them with only one molex, but the bottom pins on the pcie connector are still connected to the molex... those bottom pins should, nay, NEED to be connected, not to function, but for safety, of your parts, and of course, you. you see, those pins are your GROUND WIRES and its a FIRE HAZARD not to ground something that draws that much power. so if youre gonna keep it the way it is and keep it hazardous, thats your choice, albeit an fucking stupid one, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna let this go on any longer. make a choice, execute it, whatever, but quit bitchin to us.

2003CRF450GUY

Motherboard MSI K8 NEO 4
Case XBLADE
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows xp pro
they sell them with only one molex, but the bottom pins on the pcie connector are still connected to the molex... those bottom pins should, nay, NEED to be connected, not to function, but for safety, of your parts, and of course, you. you see, those pins are your GROUND WIRES and its a FIRE HAZARD not to ground something that draws that much power. so if youre gonna keep it the way it is and keep it hazardous, thats your choice, albeit an fucking stupid one, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna let this go on any longer. make a choice, execute it, whatever, but quit bitchin to us.

Ok you’re another moron, HOW ARE YOU SUPOST TO CONNECT ALL THE GROUNDS WHEN OBVIOUSLY IT DOSN’T WORK, THE POWER SUPLY WILL TRIP. So take your attitude and shove if up your ass, If both connectors would work with all the grounds don’t you think I would then use them you FOOL. :wtf:

I'm not bitching, I'm just telling it like it is and trying to get to the bottom of this, These threads will most likely help other people out to. But dumb ass’s like you "Random Murderer" and "KennyT772" WHO DON’T CONSIDER ALL THE FACTS just ramble on and don’t put any useful info in just make it hard for people to learn.

Last edited:

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
Ok you’re another moron, HOW ARE YOU SUPOST TO CONNECT ALL THE GROUNDS WHEN OBVIOUSLY IT DOSN’T WORK, THE POWER SUPLY WILL TRIP. So take your attitude and shove if up your ass, If both connectors would work with all the grounds don’t you think I would then use them you FOOL. :wtf:

I'm not bitching, I'm just telling it like it is and trying to get to the bottom of this, These threads will most likely help other people out to. But dumb ass’s like you "Random Murderer" and "KennyT772" WHO DON’T CONSIDER ALL THE FACTS just ramble on and don’t put any useful info in just make it hard for people to learn.

you dumbass, its the bottom middle that trips your psu. that particular wire is not neceassary and essentially just wasting space. cut the mother fucker, plug it in, smile that it works, and shut the fuck up.