• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rift - Planes of Telara

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Still been playing the game a good amount. I have alt-ites though! The sudden sickness of making too many characters!

I would probably be close to 50 as well if I didnt have my others but its still good fun.

For those that dont hve enough to do at 50, have you guys seen the preview for patch 1.1? Does that tickle your fancy at all?

No. originally announced and tried on the alpha server, they had reduced the sab range to like 5-10m or something short. It was garbage. They reverted and kept the range the next day. Regardless, the only viable PvP spec for rogues is still half what it was. It’s sad…sab and marksman were the reason I rolled a rogue or played this game. Both have been nerfed to hell now.

System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
No. originally announced and tried on the alpha server, they had reduced the sab range to like 5-10m or something short. It was garbage. They reverted and kept the range the next day. Regardless, the only viable PvP spec for rogues is still half what it was. It’s sad…sab and marksman were the reason I rolled a rogue or played this game. Both have been nerfed to hell now.

I know Sab wasnt nerfed in the traditional way. Sab and warrior had bugs with their armor penetrating talent. instead of the small 2-10% it was bypassing 95-99% of all armor. That was giving the insane amount of damage that people were crying about.

Although honestly I havent really kept up too much on their nerfs/tweaks/buffs since I dont really play one.

System Name CHAFF-G
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6 @3.8Ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz
Video Card(s) MSi GTX 970 4GB
Display(s) 2012 model 1080p Sony BRAVIA LED TV @60Hz
Case 2007 model Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Nvidia HDMI Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-750
Mouse Logitech K400r / BenQ Zowie EC1
Keyboard Logitech K400r / Corsair K63
Software Windows 10 Home
1st and foremost all MMOs are timesinks.

The "Carrot-on-a-stick" method. Blizzard mastered this.

There are MMO's like World of Warcraft with a "level-cap" where once you hit the maximum level, you usually have two choices.

PvE: You kill NPC's and get gear, only to use that gear to kill more NPC's to get better gear.
you get nowhere because in a few months all that gear and work is replaced. More than often, people hate PvE but only do it for the gear. Then they realize that the gear is only used to fuel the hate for PvE even more, so they stop.

PvP: You kill other players, over and over again.

fin

Then there are MMO's like EVE online where you constantly build an economical empire, you constantly explore, you can't teleport everywhere instantly. It's not level based, but experience based and knowledge based because of the vast complexity of the game.

These are the types of MMO's I like. Ones I can still build/progress a character but am not limited to 60 levels of fun and then pointlessness.

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard
These are the types of MMO's I like. Ones I can still build/progress a character but am not limited to 60 levels of fun and then pointlessness.

The MMO formula has not changed since 1999 really. Said ‘carrot on stick’ method applied even to Asheron's Call…which came out well before WoW.

Two IPs that MMO gamers are clamoring for are; Guild Wars 2 and SW:TOR.

Guild wars was hugely successful but needed some obvious tweaks to be great. I am certain GW2 will be what people wanted…but it could be the opposite. I’m hoping they launch with the PvP packages they offered much later because that game’s 20 level grind was stupid. However, I honestly do not expect any new ingenuity whatsoever. It will be polished and rehashed with some new abilities. The game is competitive and could potentially be an eSport. Time will tell though.

SW:TOR, I am and always will be a Star Wars fan. No matter how many crappy games have been put out under the IP I still play them no matter how sh!tbox and clunky they are. There have been a FEW gems though. KOTOR was definitely one…the second being a little lack luster however expectation was almost impossible to top the 1st. With SW:TOR it’s the 1st fully voiced MMO. While I didn’t like Mass Effect personally, I had always thought they voice choice system would be great in an MMO (and Bioware did that for SW:TOR). The other part of that is, this is not an orc, wizard, magic, sword shield, elf, dwarf game. A new combat mechanic with cover (will definitely be the 1st class((es)) I test with the IA/Smuggler). I heard what a horrid launch SWG had and by the time I was ready to play it SOE had it and changed everything. I tested a bounty hunter much later…and loved it. said I’d play the next SW launch if there ever was another SW MMO. Whispers and internet sites have been talking about development for about 5years now almost 6 I think. Anyway, in this rare case…even if the PvP is bunk in SW:TOR. I will play till I can no longer stand leveling each class. I am sure that SW:TOR will be my last MMO though. I’ve outgrown the genera all together and nothing will pull me in after this.

The class method will always be there. DPS TANK RANGE SUPPORT will always be there. Healing being OPd, FOTMs, Cookie Cutter Builds, obnoxious people, will always be a part of MMOs. All that came well before WoW.

cancelled today, level 50 endgame is practically non existant

I selected a 3 month subscription because I'm only level 28. I really enjoy Rift when I have time to play so I will definitely be playing for another three months... as I'm sure it will take me three months from now to hit 50, or more. For the hardcore players hitting 50 during launch week, they must be insane. I don't know how anyone can play a game that much within a week and not want to die. Besides, how can the game be any fun if you're one of very few at 50 awaiting content?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I hear you Johnny. I don't quite get it either. I have three characters in game. My highest being L28 and STEAM tells me I've played a little over 50 hours total and I was in head start.

I'm never in any rush to the end but so many people just bang it through as fast as possible. IMO these games are meant to be played over a long period of time. I like to enjoy the ride.

then again I work full time, I'm married, have a kid and family and friends to spend time with not to mention a home to keep up. I'm lucky to spend an hour or so a night.

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
Cooling Case fans, Zalman HSF
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 1333 Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor ATi Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders)
Storage Samsung 2TB 5400RPM, 1.5 TB Seagate 7200RPM, 500 GB WD Caviar Green
Display(s) AOC e2243Fw 21.5" Monitor
Power Supply Antec TruePower TP-650 650W
Software Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
I don't know if you can embed video but I recorded one last night when I was baked off my ass and stumbled across a part of the River of Souls event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZCHmQ8aQQ

As it says in the description I suggest you mute the sound because the audio is distorted by the music I didn't know the game recorded. I may dub over it in the future using YouTube. This was recorded using the video recording feature they added to the game yesterday.

Also did anyone else get the authenticator they released the day before yesterday for Android phones? I got it the moment they patched the patcher for it, 100% free. When I did I received the suffix "the Ironclad" for my character in the mail.

I don't know if you can embed video but I recorded one last night when I was baked off my ass and stumbled across a part of the River of Souls event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZCHmQ8aQQ

As it says in the description I suggest you mute the sound because the audio is distorted by the music I didn't know the game recorded. I may dub over it in the future using YouTube. This was recorded using the video recording feature they added to the game yesterday.

Also did anyone else get the authenticator they released the day before yesterday for Android phones? I got it the moment they patched the patcher for it, 100% free. When I did I received the suffix "the Ironclad" for my character in the mail.

Yeah the in-game recorder was just add in lastest patch, i haven't tried it yet. But it sounds awesome.

And this world event is driving me crazy... Death Rifts are dropping as soon as they open. NEED MOAR RIFTS!!!

I selected a 3 month subscription because I'm only level 28. I really enjoy Rift when I have time to play so I will definitely be playing for another three months... as I'm sure it will take me three months from now to hit 50, or more. For the hardcore players hitting 50 during launch week, they must be insane. I don't know how anyone can play a game that much within a week and not want to die. Besides, how can the game be any fun if you're one of very few at 50 awaiting content?

I was 15 on launch day, i was all excited and ready to grind levels... But come launch day pssh i really didn't care anymore. But I got 6 months subscription, and at this rate.. I doubt i'll pay for another. But i'm not all about hitting 50. I'm achievement junkie, i was the same with WoW. So the achievements, artifacts and the questing style is what drove me to the game. I'm not much into hardcore raiding or pvp. I just do it for shit's and giggle's :D

Last edited:
Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Just hit level 50, im really impressed with the buffing for mages - finally not so squishy!

anyway, im going to see what all the QQ is about and make a pvp soul with pyro as the primary

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
what spec did you roll? leveling?

i rolled the cookie cutter necro/warlock/dom build to level with and it does an awesome job at survivability in pve and is pretty damn decent in pvp when your with a group of people i can usually rack about 40-60k dmg delt in warfronts and normaly stack about 5 - 10 killing blows to about 50-60 assists

the way i have it spec'd is 44/20/2 for necro/lock/dom

im planning to make that pyro build tonight and take it straight into pvp and try out a few other souls in combination to see what works best with my play style.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
I just got my 3rd 50, so now all that is left is my tune I trio with a Paladin and a bard.

I am really enjoying the world event, what does everyone else think ?

Free Weekend

Log on to the Rift website or just check your email :toast:

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I cant believe how awesome bards are for groups. Group of 5 wiped about 5 times on expert Efreetu mob in FOLH. Our DPS warrior got mad and quit, so we invited a bard. First try we got him down and didnt even have to res anyone. The difference is incredible ;D

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
I cant believe how awesome bards are for groups. Group of 5 wiped about 5 times on expert Efreetu mob in FOLH. Our DPS warrior got mad and quit, so we invited a bard. First try we got him down and didnt even have to res anyone. The difference is incredible ;D

Yeah bards make it easier for the main healer, the buffs boost dps and healing, also with riff + virtuoso I can break 600 dps (for 15 seconds lol), IMO they are most valuable, class for support as they just do so much!

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Cooling 212 Evo
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Software Win 10 Pro 64
Only issue I have with this game is how long it takes to do experts. Its almost a guaranteed 2.5-3 hour event. And last night I was with a sub-par group (I assume) and we nearly hit the 5 hour mark before I said screw it and logged. I guess that could be due to skill level and will get better with time, but damn that is a long freaking time to do something. I dont want to waste 2-3 hours a day just trying to get a daily done.

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Only issue I have with this game is how long it takes to do experts. Its almost a guaranteed 2.5-3 hour event. And last night I was with a sub-par group (I assume) and we nearly hit the 5 hour mark before I said screw it and logged. I guess that could be due to skill level and will get better with time, but damn that is a long freaking time to do something. I dont want to waste 2-3 hours a day just trying to get a daily done.

It depends on the group and the dungeon, expert IT really shouldn't take more than an hour and a half, where as expert CC 2-3 hours would be normal.

But yeah they really should look at adjusting amount of trash in dungeons like RD, and FC, just because of the sheer time sink.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Cooling 212 Evo
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Software Win 10 Pro 64
XZPR-YFCC-LYHJ-7ZEY-PX3K
Rift key for the weekend if anyone wants to try it. April 8-11th

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Motherboard ASrock Z68 Extreme 7
Cooling Megahalem
Memory 16G crucial sport BLS2KIT8G3D1339DS1S00
Video Card(s) 1080 ti strix
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Display(s) 3440 x 1440 microboard
Case Lian Li Knockoff ABS black pearl
Audio Device(s) HyperX 7.1
Power Supply Evga SuperNOVA 1600.
Mouse Corsair's newest pos mmo mouse
Keyboard Das with the blue switches.
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores Not really.
Hey all, I've been playing from launch. Currently 44 Warrior, been pvping my way up levels. Problem is once I hit the 40 range, I'm worthless 1 on 1. Anyone got any good pvp warrior specs they'd like to share? I'm paladin, champion riftblade currently.

Regulos Defiant.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just head over to the official RIFT forums and you will find all sorts of builds.

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Hey all, I've been playing from launch. Currently 44 Warrior, been pvping my way up levels. Problem is once I hit the 40 range, I'm worthless 1 on 1. Anyone got any good pvp warrior specs they'd like to share? I'm paladin, champion riftblade currently.

Regulos Defiant.

Since 1.1 was released most of the OPd warrior builds were toned down cept for Champion (slight tweaks but not much) and Paragon. For PvP most warriors are running around with Champion heavy or Paragon heavy builds still.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cukt.EetsuAusR.E0czo

that’s what my war has @ 50.

Your current spec is more suited for PvE tanking and trust me it's good that you know that build will help you run T1's and T2's later.

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Motherboard ASrock Z68 Extreme 7
Cooling Megahalem
Memory 16G crucial sport BLS2KIT8G3D1339DS1S00
Video Card(s) 1080 ti strix
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Display(s) 3440 x 1440 microboard
Case Lian Li Knockoff ABS black pearl
Audio Device(s) HyperX 7.1
Power Supply Evga SuperNOVA 1600.
Mouse Corsair's newest pos mmo mouse
Keyboard Das with the blue switches.
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores Not really.
System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
i see this game on steam all the time, do you guys reccomend it

It depends. If you have played and enjoyed games like WoW or Warhammer then yes, it will be right up your ally.

Be aware that this game is just a very refined version of those two games (I know there are many other inspirations for this game but those two jump on the most) and follows the same "Theme park" mindset as other MMO's goes.

It does a few things that really make the game more enjoybale.

-Rifts - Giant portals that are opened from different planes (fire, water, air, earth, death, life).

- Soul system - You can have up to 4 different builds for your one character. So this lets you have for example a tanking spec, dps spec, and support spec, and what ever else you want.

Dynamic World events - We are currently doing one right now. So the items that we get from these events wont come back one its done next weekend. Also GM's have the ability to start events if they feel like it!

In anycase, do one of the free trials and see for yourself!

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W @4.3GHz
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Memory (16Gb) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Storage (2X) Kingston 120GB SSD in RAID 0 & WD Caviar 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) VIZIO M321i-A2 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
Case NZXT Source 210 ELITE Midtower Case with 3.0 USB - Black
Audio Device(s) Creative 7.1 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W
Software Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Ok guys. I just bought the game and started my Cleric. I'm level 8 now and it's fun and all but i'm just very confused about my trees and UI.

First of all I believe I am a combination of Druid, Justicar and Sentinel. So someone tell me first off if I am being a stupid or not with that combination. Plus any tips on specing would be appreciated.

Another concern is the UI. How do I make it so that I can have multiple action bars on the screen? My first one is already filled with attacks/buffs and I have two more that I had to put on the other action bar but every time I want to get to them, I have to click the arrow to get to the next row... Very inconvenient.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Ok guys. I just bought the game and started my Cleric. I'm level 8 now and it's fun and all but i'm just very confused about my trees and UI.

First of all I believe I am a combination of Druid, Justicar and Sentinel. So someone tell me first off if I am being a stupid or not with that combination. Plus any tips on specing would be appreciated.

Another concern is the UI. How do I make it so that I can have multiple action bars on the screen? My first one is already filled with attacks/buffs and I have two more that I had to put on the other action bar but every time I want to get to them, I have to click the arrow to get to the next row... Very inconvenient.

It depends on how you want to play your Cleric and what spec you are using it for. Is it for healing? Dps? Tanking? Also depends on your playstyle. My cleric does HoTs (Heals over time) and instant cast heals.

EDIT: i was wondering what those of you play think... there was a lengthy thread that talked about you playing a role that you didnt enjoy just to get into a group to get gear.

So if you were a DPS Rogue whether Melee or ranged and you didnt have/want to play a Bard spec.

I think its great to learn the different abilities and rolls that a class can be. If you can understand a mechanic of a certain role I think it helps you be a better player especially in PvP since you will be familiar with what the other players are trying to do. Also it makes you more appealable to others who are looking for more people for a gorup. I think thta if you are more versitile and have the ability to help the group out when they need it, that it just makes you look better.

I have no problem being DPS but if they need some off heals, BAM, I go to Bard and help the group out. I think a lot of people are too selfish in not wanting to help the group out if they dont get to play their favorite spec. When they do that they may get kicked from the group or not invited at all. Now if they did play the other spec and they are the only class there. Guess what happens if loot for your class drops? That's right you get it, so now you can play your favorite spec out of that group and have gear for it.

In anycase thats just my outlook on it. Anyone else on the opposite spectrum?

Last edited: