• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cadaveca's List of Games with AMD Driver Problems

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Well, kinda getting sick of driver issues with Top-name titles. It's been hard to quantify these issues before, as many apps didn't provide a way to take screenshots, or record video, but now with STEAM, screenshots are easy to both take, and host for others to see.

So, I'm gonna take advantage of that, and start posting screenshots of the errors. I'm doing lots of benching for reviews anyway, so I'm gonna try to kill two birds with one stone here.

If anyone has a fix for me, or a seperate rendering issue, PLEASE POST THE FIX/ISSUE!!!

Let's track these problems and see if they cannot be fixed. I'll keep this updated, and see if we can't AMD attention on these issues. If you think my issue is not an issue, let me know!

FIXES:

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
DX10 Titles

DX 10 Titles

GTA4:

Rain is renedered with red/green sparkles(on left top of pic here), dependant on night-day (all current drivers with 69xx-series support)

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
DX11 Titles

Dx11:

F1 2010:

Road surface not rendered properly, "black holes" in road textures, at the bottom-most edge of the screenshot here(All drivers, 5xxx and 6xxx series)

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed:

Single card, nighttime race cars black/flicker(Grey Lexus FLA used, hood is not rendered) Full daytime races, no issues. Evening races, cars are overly bright(more screenshots incoming).:

shift2.jpg

shift2u_a.jpg

shift2u_b.jpg

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Crossfire-specific issues:

NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT2:

Cars black at nighttime, inside-view too dark, skybox not rendered properly.(screenshots to be added)

BFBC2 :

Flicker in Crossfire mode(screenshot below shows when flicker is "paused"), textures on ground snapping in and out of view in a couple of maps.

Last edited:
System Name Main Rig
Processor Athlon 5350
Motherboard AsRock mITX
Memory 4gb
Storage 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 740N
Power Supply Corsair 430 watt
So how do you know that the "black holes" aren't just an art choice? To me, they just look like darker bits of asphalt mixed in with lighter bits that just get more obvious the closer they are. I guess my point is that you are gonna have to do more than just screenshot something you don't like if you want AMD and anyone else for that matter to take you seriously. You would need to compare your "faulty" screenshot with one that is identical but properly rendered on a Nvidia card.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Crossfire-specific issues:

NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT2:
The developers are working on CF and SLI in a patch. It's not a driver problem.

...So yes, the upcoming patch includes SLI/Crossfire scaling. To give you an example a GTX 295 will go from 48fps to nearly 70fps in 1080p. Also the rendering team found some further optimizations so that normal (non SLI) graphics performance should be 5-10% faster with the patch...
And are you using any mods with F1 2010? I'm not seeing any tint.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
So how do you know that the "black holes" aren't just an art choice? To me, they just look like darker bits of asphalt mixed in with lighter bits that just get more obvious the closer they are. I guess my point is that you are gonna have to do more than just screenshot something you don't like if you want AMD and anyone else for that matter to take you seriously. You would need to compare your "faulty" screenshot with one that is identical but properly rendered on a Nvidia card.

You bet, and hence the thread, as I need help to sort this out.hopefully we can fill this out with a lsit of the games, and what driver to use for each. In the very least, we can find out if problems can be duplicated, or simply dimissed as system-specific.

Specifically with this issue, at launch there was not this "black dot" problem/art/whatever, and either the patch for the game, or a driver update, introduced it. they are also not rendered across the entire road, and hte way they show up looks liek it some sort of filtering issue...

The developers are working on CF and SLI in a patch. It's not a driver problem.

And are you using any mods with F1 2010? I'm not seeing any tint.

NO mods. I haven't posted the screenshot yet, there is many issues with Shift2. Do you own Shift2? Becuase I have many issues that are visible in Crossfire, and whole other set for single-card, and none of what I am looking at is about performance...just rendering errors. I have been keeping up with the Shift2 dev news very specifically becuase I realyl enjoy the game, evne with the problems, but there is many issues I do not see addressed by the info given currently on the upcoming patch.

So yes, the upcoming patch includes SLI/Crossfire scaling.

I know scaling is broken. Currently, however, it's more than that..scaling is negative. Numerous graphical issues in Crossfire and Singlecard configs, issue in singlecard mode are WAY WORSE when in Crossfire mode. I do not think it's all gonna be fixed wit ha patch alone...but here's hoping!

Last edited:

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
If you are having any of these issues you can report them to AMD directly. It's the best chance for a resolution. Catalyst Crew Feedback Form

Crysis has a few known issues. I see artifacting when using AA. This is with several different AMD cards.

Like I just mentioned in the 6950 unlocking thread apparently the artifacts during Jane Nash may still be an issue. The artifacting during Heaven may still be an issue.

Artifacting in Super Meat Boy is a common issue.

I saw similar artifacts on the menus in Dead Rising 2 but I haven't seen any other reports of that one.

This is the artifacting that I saw in Stalker which I have seen other people mention as well. Link

Kings bounty has some strange artifating going on too.

NBA2k11 apparently has some strange artifacts with AMD hardware.

A lot of people complain of issues in BFBC2, I'm not sure if that is still an issue.

There is a thread here with pictures with artifacting in Red Faction Guerrilla, that at least was a known issue. Not sure about on newer drivers.

There's more.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I'll take more.

maybe I presented things the wrong way...i'm looking both for issues that exist currently, and ones that can be fixed via various methods, whether that's by updates, drivers, or even disabling features.

Any and all issues...

I'm not really looking for AMD to fix these, per se..I'm hoping we can all help each other out here, identify problems, confirm them, and maybe provide fixes.

I own most titles, so I can confirm some things as well, but I do have a very limited supply of vgas...I have basically everything ATI/AMD, but not a single nV card. I also have limited time too, so I'm just reporting what I've run accross...fixes would be GREAT! If I knew what the exact problem was, I'd not be asking for help!

So, if you got an issue, or know of one, please post it up, and the more info on the specific issue, the better! Screenshots and video all apply!

;)