• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Op Flashpoint Red River

;)

Not bad, and the limited COOP MP, when you get nice human players is also cool.

One think I like about this game is that it conserves the slowness from Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and original Flashpoint game. Movements are like a thinking human being woold act, no RUSH anytime soon.

Of course, human enemies are absent :(

One trick for all: edit hardware_settings_config.xml and set FSAA to 'on', huge difference!

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Hopefully it's loads better than the pos Dragon Rising is as the only good thing about that was the name. Or do you mean the original operation flashpoint resistance which Codemasters did not make..

Like Ghost Recon really ?. I find that very hard to believe even more so after the mod and mission community got hold of it for tournaments.

Go play Ghost Recon And search for +SD, Alpha Squad and medic station missions and let me know if it's better than those.

I might be able to get hold of some of the +SD ones still :p..

As seen as Codemasters are just being lame trying to take advantage of the name ( OFP ) i think i'll wait it out as DR was $10 shortly after release.

Limited coop ? WTF they still not sorted out MP yet lol.

hahhah Asrock-ing! Of course, original is OFP 1 made by Bohemia Interactive. I mean "Similar" (not going to discuss how similar, lol) to GR, which I played REALLY seriously for years, ignoring practically every other game. And never played like that again.

COOP here (RR) is 4 players max against the enemy. If your not addicted to this kind of games, yes, wait till its 10 $

Nice part is you have to follow a certain plan, route, and it is not just a shooting range where at the most you have to blow repetitive 'comm stations' or "weapon caches', like in those other games.

Phxprovost

Xtreme Refugee
System Name Result of Boredom
Processor AMD FX-6350
Motherboard ASUS M5A97
Cooling Enzo Tech Extreme-X
Memory 16gb ddr3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Display(s) Asus 24in (1920X1080) X 2 @144hz
Case NZXT S340
Software WIN7 64bit HP
Hopefully it's loads better than the pos Dragon Rising

I must be a strange person because dragon rising was the only military oriented FPS Ive played in years that i actually enjoyed

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
hahhah Asrock-ing! Of course, original is OFP 1 made by Bohemia Interactive. I mean "Similar" (not going to discuss how similar, lol) to GR, which I played REALLY seriously for years, ignoring practically every other game. And never played like that again.

COOP here (RR) is 4 players max against the enemy. If your not addicted to this kind of games, yes, wait till its 10 $

Nice part is you have to follow a certain plan, route, and it is not just a shooting range where at the most you have to blow repetitive 'comm stations' or "weapon caches', like in those other games.

Only 4 ?. And very addicted to FPS but only good ones and DR for me was just a fail as coop was a pain. And taking there word for it that it's the next great game i have heard to often.

O yeah i waited a whole 2 month for the last one for $10 although it was a steam sale lol. If i hear that it's some thing worth getting i will get it.

Any sign of the community backing it up with addons and maps\missions ?. Maybe there be a fix for the 4 ppl only coop.

I must be a strange person because dragon rising was the only military oriented FPS Ive played in years that i actually enjoyed

No not strange at all we just like different games :). Did ya ever try GR 1 and play tournament maps as if you did not and don't mind old graphics and such i would highly recommend it.

No it was not the worsted but they really made it annoying to setup a mission for coop play and max of only 4 is lame for today's standards.

Like a millions of people love CS but i cannot stand it what so ever and think it's one of the biggest pieces of pos ever made.

Like a millions of people love CS but i cannot stand it what so ever and think it's one of the biggest pieces of pos ever made.

:toast::toast::toast: EXACTLY :rockout:

I did not try DR MP, but with this Red River it is just sooo easy to join/play online. But it has no build in voice chat. I just finished a coop mission that lasted 50 minutes, super! :D