• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rift - Planes of Telara

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm on a PvE server because I don't like PvPing. I'm sure many would not welcome this on a PvE server at all.

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
Cooling Case fans, Zalman HSF
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 1333 Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor ATi Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders)
Storage Samsung 2TB 5400RPM, 1.5 TB Seagate 7200RPM, 500 GB WD Caviar Green
Display(s) AOC e2243Fw 21.5" Monitor
Power Supply Antec TruePower TP-650 650W
Software Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
They limit how many people can be seen on the screen at one time.
*SNIP*
Oh and River of souls is no joke. Could only kill the 1st boss yesterday. Took like 2 hours just to do the 1st boss. No thank you 6 hour raid.

I don't know what you're talking about limiting the amount of people on screen. I was playing during the RoS event and at least 50 (Gaurdian and Defiant) people were there and I could see every single one and all the spells hitting the boss. We were all working together to take down the bosses so there was little to no ganking going on. I averaged 9 fps even on low settings because there were so many people on screen ON TOP of the invasions running by as well.

And I have no idea why it took you guys 2 hours to kill 1 boss, in that time on my server we saved the Droughtlands, Iron Pine and part of Shimmersand. I got on at 2:30 pm my time (12:30 the event time, 30 minutes after it started) and we had the whole event done by 5:00 my time. Everyone on the server was working together though until the final fight in The Endless Citadel, then the ganking began. Everyone 40+ was on and doing the higher level areas, Iron Pine, Shimmersand, Stillmoor, etc. It was kind of a let down to be honest :shadedshu I wanted it to last longer; I hope they reset it sometime this week.

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
I don't know what you're talking about limiting the amount of people on screen. I was playing during the RoS event and at least 50 (Gaurdian and Defiant) people were there and I could see every single one and all the spells hitting the boss. We were all working together to take down the bosses so there was little to no ganking going on. I averaged 9 fps even on low settings because there were so many people on screen ON TOP of the invasions running by as well.

And I have no idea why it took you guys 2 hours to kill 1 boss, in that time on my server we saved the Droughtlands, Iron Pine and part of Shimmersand. I got on at 2:30 pm my time (12:30 the event time, 30 minutes after it started) and we had the whole event done by 5:00 my time. Everyone on the server was working together though until the final fight in The Endless Citadel, then the ganking began. Everyone 40+ was on and doing the higher level areas, Iron Pine, Shimmersand, Stillmoor, etc. It was kind of a let down to be honest :shadedshu I wanted it to last longer; I hope they reset it sometime this week.

i have some screen shots of the action on our pvp server (stonecrest) @ the river of souls instance entrance it was completely nutts i had to enable low quality render just to get past 30fps which i noticed how badly the game is actually coded in terms of graphics performance.

when i had all the settings up to "normal" for were i play at i was getting 29fps @ river of souls entrance. i turned all the sliders down to low quality and still was getting 29fps across the board. when i ticked low quality render & restarted the game i was getting solid 40fps. mind you i have a radeon video card which might be a cause for some of the performance issues.

anywayyyy... the entire top of the citadel was packed wall to wall with people, there were skeletons everywhere on the ground. i'll edit with pictures when i get home

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
MAN the invasions that happen in higher level ares give a TON of Planarite! Not a complaint at all, by the way. There's usually a huge turnout on my server as well, always 20+ people. I'm reaching the endgame but the grind is KILLING me. Stillmoor is just more the same i.e. go here kill X of Y and collect some of Q. It's kind of making me play less but I just payed for my first paid month so I have to stick it out. One of the reasons I play as much as I do still is to keep amassing money, the way I see it you can never have too much platinum!

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
money is pretty much worthless end game, after the 125 plat mount. as is planarite. A tank buddy of mine got 3k planarite for tanking an invasion boss.

When you hit 48 or so the quests will dry up, but I found solo grinding minor rifts in west shimmersand works best for xp, you just have to hit the bonus stages. which really isnt that hard.

The next best place to grind is the stillmoor castle. Good witchweave, and if you have a 2-3 person group to do the elites there are some nice epics that will drop.

System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
money is pretty much worthless end game, after the 125 plat mount. as is planarite. A tank buddy of mine got 3k planarite for tanking an invasion boss.

When you hit 48 or so the quests will dry up, but I found solo grinding minor rifts in west shimmersand works best for xp, you just have to hit the bonus stages. which really isnt that hard.

The next best place to grind is the stillmoor castle. Good witchweave, and if you have a 2-3 person group to do the elites there are some nice epics that will drop.

I dont know about being worthless... Soul repairs can add up when you have to pay it off all at once. The planarite will still be good for crafting stuff since you can buy those stat augments from the vendors.

Trying to hit 50 now with my rogue... Just need to hit those instances hard! Got tons of rested exp... was able to do two runs of RD last night with the guild. Short instance but nice rewards! Next will be Lantern Hook! Weeee!

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
I dont know about being worthless... Soul repairs can add up when you have to pay it off all at once. The planarite will still be good for crafting stuff since you can buy those stat augments from the vendors.

Trying to hit 50 now with my rogue... Just need to hit those instances hard! Got tons of rested exp... was able to do two runs of RD last night with the guild. Short instance but nice rewards! Next will be Lantern Hook! Weeee!

yeah i did the same thing on all 3 of my 50's. RD...FoLH...AP/CC BAM 50! i don't like pve very much but thank goodness you get xp and lvl quick in rift.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
yeah i did the same thing on all 3 of my 50's. RD...FoLH...AP/CC BAM 50! i don't like pve very much but thank goodness you get xp and lvl quick in rift.

Totally off topic but your avatar. Ever time I read your responces I think of the meme..

In soviet Russia! Rift closes you!

Oh god... I feel dirty and cold! Oh so cold! :(

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
A few questions for you folks:

How much are witchweave bags going for on your servers? As far as I know only me and one other guy on my shard are making them and when he posts them he has it up for 12ish platinum and they usually go decently fast. I put mine up for 9 platinum and haven't gotten a bite in about 5 days. When a stack (50) of witchweave (3 bags after turning them to bolts) usually goes for 7.5 - 10 platinum that's a decent profit. Just curious.

How often do you get emblems(amulets??) from master dailies? I've been doing them for almost 2 weeks after maxing outfitter and I have yet to get ONE emblem/amulet thing. I just picked up the spiritweave bolt recipe so I'm eager to start cranking those out ASAP.

That's about it. I hit 48 this weekend and it's starting to wind down/get repetitive. I get the biggest chunk of my exp with maximum fun from the invasions in Stillmoor and Shimmersand. Yesterday after knocking out a death invasion we regrouped and killed the Baron in the Endless Citadel (I provided support as Bard), I got some pretty sick purple pants from the quest. I'm halfway through 48, though, so the end is near!

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard

How much are witchweave bags going for on your servers? As far as I know only me and one other guy on my shard are making them and when he posts them he has it up for 12ish platinum and they usually go decently fast. I put mine up for 9 platinum and haven't gotten a bite in about 5 days. When a stack (50) of witchweave (3 bags after turning them to bolts) usually goes for 7.5 - 10 platinum that's a decent profit. Just curious.

How often do you get emblems(amulets??) from master dailies? I've been doing them for almost 2 weeks after maxing outfitter and I have yet to get ONE emblem/amulet thing. I just picked up the spiritweave bolt recipe so I'm eager to start cranking those out ASAP.

That's about it. I hit 48 this weekend and it's starting to wind down/get repetitive. I get the biggest chunk of my exp with maximum fun from the invasions in Stillmoor and Shimmersand. Yesterday after knocking out a death invasion we regrouped and killed the Baron in the Endless Citadel (I provided support as Bard), I got some pretty sick purple pants from the quest. I'm halfway through 48, though, so the end is near!

Artificer plaques drop easiest I guess. I have 3 plaques so far but haven’t gotten the 4th I needed to make the staff I wanted to have pre prestige rank 5. Once 1.2 comes out…I will be able to pick up the prestige rank 5 staff because it will become rank 4 then. The stuff I can craft seems pretty craptastic (to me). I should use the 3 and make this tome that people seem to want. I’m sure I could make platinum that way…but plat’s pretty useless to me when everything I want/need revolves around PvP and favor. With 1.2 patch notes and seeing the new stats on prestige rank 6 weapons/gear…it’s much closer to dungeon raid weapons…causes me to have no desire to invest any time into PvE based gear.

I will see what I can make...and if it earns me any plat when i get home from work tonight.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage

I sell mine at a rate of about 3-6 a day, I buy some of the mats others I get plenty of from dailies, I get around 8-10 plat on week days and on weekends the price jumps to 13 platinum each and given it costs me about 2-3 platinum in actual purchased mats per bag I would say I am doing alright.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Anyone on Briarcliff, specifically Defiant side? I need to buy all of your shifting planar powder! :laugh:

Seriuosly, I make some decent blue weapons for level 32's and sell them for about 2.5 to 3p each! SELL THEM TO ME!

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
I hit 50 at 5 AM yesterday after failing a major earth invasion in Shimmersand. The invasions have been pretty hardcore lately on my server, we're failing left and right because you can't heal Imbued Wardstones with the Ascended Augment Wardstone ability. As a bard I can't single target heal one thing, thus I can't focus my healing juices on the stone and most of the time we don't have enough healers to bring the stone's hp up.

Other than that I don't really have any super awesome gear yet, there's MAYBE 150 or so level 50's on the Defiant side on my server so parties are hard to get together. I'm still having a bitch of a time getting Outfitter Plaques, so I can't make purples yet (which sucks). Seems like everyone in PvP has sick gear so I'm near useless in there unless I'm providing support as bard. We'll see how it goes until the 17th which is when I decide to pay for another month...

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W @4.3GHz
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Memory (16Gb) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Storage (2X) Kingston 120GB SSD in RAID 0 & WD Caviar 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) VIZIO M321i-A2 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
Case NZXT Source 210 ELITE Midtower Case with 3.0 USB - Black
Audio Device(s) Creative 7.1 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W
Software Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Anyone know of an active server? I am on Arcanis and it's so hard to get a group together for mid level dungeons :/

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I ended my sub last night. I like the game but I find myself not logging in at all. When that happens I have to realise that maybe I shouldn't be handing over $14.99 a month.

I may come back but I dunno. My server has really emptied out once the initial 30 days was up. I could be in main areas and not see anyone at all. Pretty crazy considering how many people were playing at the start. My server (keenblade) has a Medium pop now while it had a high the initial month and a queue.

System Name CHAFF-G
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6 @3.8Ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz
Video Card(s) MSi GTX 970 4GB
Display(s) 2012 model 1080p Sony BRAVIA LED TV @60Hz
Case 2007 model Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Nvidia HDMI Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-750
Mouse Logitech K400r / BenQ Zowie EC1
Keyboard Logitech K400r / Corsair K63
Software Windows 10 Home
Saw this coming.

Last week for kicks I added 14.99$ to my account, ran around my server, saw nobody, nobody was in chat, areas completely empty.

I couldn't go anywhere a month ago without seeing like 30 players on screen.

Just as I predicted.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Saw this coming.

Last week for kicks I added 14.99$ to my account, ran around my server, saw nobody, nobody was in chat, areas completely empty.

Just as I predicted.

Meh, its still booming on Briarcliff. Finally hit 50 last night and equiped my sweet sweet crafted epic bow.

The game is still fun for me and I am pretty sure everyone else. i am looking forward to the patch so i can get more weaponcrafting plaques.

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Saw this coming.

Just as I predicted.

Grats you proved your a hater, no one plays this horrible game. . . . . it's clear that you don't so much want to see this game fail as you don't want to be proven wrong, please GTFO kthxbia.

The reality is this is a casual game and it is being played as such, I play on Alsbeth, groups aren't horribly difficult to find, especially on weekends, and it beats all the current alternatives.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Grats you proved your a hater, no one plays this horrible game. . . . . it's clear that you don't so much want to see this game fail as you don't want to be proven wrong, please GTFO kthxbia.

The reality is this is a casual game and it is being played as such, I play on Alsbeth, groups aren't horribly difficult to find, especially on weekends, and it beats all the current alternatives.

I am sure that there will be server mergers for the more of the lower pop servers. I am hoping later on. Sorry thts its crappy for you on your servers. :ohwell:

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
I am sure that there will be server mergers for the more of the lower pop servers. I am hoping later on. Sorry thts its crappy for you on your servers. :ohwell:

I want server mergers badly, on average the population on at any one time is around 1-2k players of which around 25%'ish are 50 of which maybe 40%'ish are Defiant, my server seems to have a pretty healthy PVP community (on a PVE server (go figure)), so groups for T2 have become more scarce by a noticeable margin, but I can usually still get a group for the dailies, so things are by no means "crappy" but one of the advantages of a high population server is more people looking for things to do, so I do hope they are coming in the next 2 months or so. I don't think this game is dead or even dieing or even close to it, but I am not convince it will make it to the 1 year mark with a 500,000 player base yet either.

I'd much rather play this than WoW or EQ of FF14 or DCU or City of Hero's / Villians , for the main reason that they have adopted a model of the players dictate the content of the game, rather than devs telling you what you "want" to play.

Belmont servers are hard to get groups together, even being a healer and having my buddy tank. Took us nearly 2 hours to find 3 dps. Hopefully the LFG tool well help, which I don't see it helping that much. Maybe when it's cross shard... it will actually be worth using. I hit 45 the other day, I enjoying the questing and downing rifts. But after doing that for a few hours... it get's really old. But if groups don't come together any faster then I'll be dropping out.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Cooling 212 Evo
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I'm disappointed that experts are being made easier. A lot easier. I find the challenge half the fun. If I can just skip through them without any hassle, whats the point? As much as it sucks dieing 10 times figuring out a boss, I would rather do it that way.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I'm disappointed that experts are being made easier. A lot easier. I find the challenge half the fun. If I can just skip through them without any hassle, whats the point? As much as it sucks dieing 10 times figuring out a boss, I would rather do it that way.

Yea, I heard of that and i was kind of bummed about that. I loved Burning Crusade when it came out because Herorics were just that, heroic! You need to bring your A game and be a real team player to get through some of those.

We shall see how it goes though... On a slightly different note, i do like how major invasions are happening more frequently!

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Cooling 212 Evo
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Software Win 10 Pro 64
We shall see how it goes though... On a slightly different note, i do like how major invasions are happening more frequently!

yeah its nice to be able to get planarite a bit easier. On my server its crowded as hell though and very laggy. I didnt have much of a problem with the phase 2 event, but the invasions lately have been murder on my pc. guess I need to OC more...

^ to the guy who was looking for a crowded server, Shadefallen does pretty well I think. Lots of geared 50s and lots of new 50s. I even have a group to run with Saturday 7 AM central time ;D

Last edited:
System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
i'm still playing like crazy.

finally found a decent group i can play with daily. i'm fully t2 geared now and i am almost prestige rank 6 on my rogue and pr5 on my mage. can't wait for 1.2 because i will be fresh to rank 6 and i will undoubtedly get my server 1st for the new prestige rank 6 daggers! since favor cap is 150k i will need 3 more to get the bow after that. but i am not buying anything till 1.2 goes live.

they are having an event from today to the 9th leading upto the 1.2 event.