• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Llano And Bulldozer pricing!?!?

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Display(s) acer H243H
Audio Device(s) Nada
Software Windows 7 Pro
Thanks for the article, I hadn't read that one before. It still said that there are 2 integer cores in a module though.

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
Thanks for the article, I hadn't read that one before. It still said that there are 2 integer cores in a module though.

No, it said two integer threads and unlike two separate cores there is one floating point thread.

This is why I am very interested to see some real benchmarks.

It can execute 2 int threads and 2 fp threads in each module, hence it is a dual core. What is different is being able to combine the fp to work on one thread for more throughput for an fp intensive task instead of leaving 1 fp idle.

Read more here.

Last edited:
System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Display(s) acer H243H
Audio Device(s) Nada
Software Windows 7 Pro
Bulldozer's modular approach with two full integer cores and shared floating-point is AMD's combination of Simultaneous Multi-Threading (SMT) and Core Multi-Processing (CMP). You'll be most familiar with SMT through Intel's Hyper-Threading implementation of superscalar design with multi-issue instructions. CMP is the more tradition method, where full complete cores are added to scale performance - i.e. AMD multi-cores to date. Bulldozer bridges the gap, with shared x86 fetch and decode but separate dual Integer processing and floating-point (FP). Each thread can be assisted with a scheduled 128-bit FP thread, or one core could use the whole 256-bit FP capability.

I took this from the article.

Kitkat

Sorry for the noob question here, but would the higher TDP of the 8130 effect the overclocking capability in any way.

Do you think we could get higher clocks than the 8110?

yup but over time that keeps getting bumped down due to improoments ect

its good to see one at 300 and the price seems about right makes me want to wait to see there 500s first cause first chips always "go" so fast before they are discon or bumped down. Needa see more first.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
So far this week we've seen pricing without any basis, performance without any basis, and heard everything from "it's god on silicon" to "it's dog crap on a cracker."

Anyone else tired of unsubstantiated rumors and "facts" coming from no-name asian blogs that have about as much credit as a company filing chapter 11 in the US (sorry, I don't know international equivalents)?

The end of this month will introduce bulldozer officially, in time to speak against the sandybridge enthusiast level chips (socket 2011 at computex). Maybe waiting the, barely, two weeks won't kill you; I don't believe in boogey men (with the exception of hockey players), and these rumors will evaporate in two weeks.

Can both sides' fanboys please sit quietly for just a little while longer. We'll have proof either way, without faked magical numbers, soon enough.

I have been trying to say that in just about every one of these rumor threads. I feel like you definitely deserve a Thanks or 20 for being reasonable about this. Until I see some actual real world benchmarks, I refuse to believe any of these are a fantastic deal. Just because something is new and shiney doesn't mean it's instantly better by 1000-fold, there exists the very real possibility that AMD is withholding benchmarks as long as possible so people aren't thrown off by results\performance that is below the expectation of "zomg it's like an i7 mixed with a pentium 4 and forged by jesus for FREEEEE"

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Display(s) acer H243H
Audio Device(s) Nada
Software Windows 7 Pro
I have been trying to say that in just about every one of these rumor threads. I feel like you definitely deserve a Thanks or 20 for being reasonable about this. Until I see some actual real world benchmarks, I refuse to believe any of these are a fantastic deal. Just because something is new and shiney doesn't mean it's instantly better by 1000-fold, there exists the very real possibility that AMD is withholding benchmarks as long as possible so people aren't thrown off by results\performance that is below the expectation of "zomg it's like an i7 mixed with a pentium 4 and forged by jesus for FREEEEE"

I really don't understand why you would post in the thread then.

I posted it to give people something to discuss in a "what if?" scenario. I did not post it as fact, and simply reading what I posted after the chart would tell you that.

If you don't like something, skip it and move along, there is absolutely no need to waste your time on something you obviously have no interest in.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
I really don't understand why you would post in the thread then.

I posted it to give people something to discuss in a "what if?" scenario. I did not post it as fact, and simply reading what I posted after the chart would tell you that.

If you don't like something, skip it and move along, there is absolutely no need to waste your time on something you obviously have no interest in.

I have plenty of interest in the Bulldozer lineup, but only on a serious and factual level. All of these sensationalist screen caps from random underground Chinese blogs really don't seem worth vesting too much credit or interest in. I hope the Bulldozer CPU's are awesome and drive both companies to keep producing better products, but the level of secrecy surrounding this particular product (so close to it's launch) really puts me off.

When having a serious discussion both sides of the argument should be presented. Yes, AMD could have a great cost-efficient product here, and I hope that is the case, but It should always be noted that the opposite is still very possible, until we see some hard evidence that proves otherwise.

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Display(s) acer H243H
Audio Device(s) Nada
Software Windows 7 Pro
I have plenty of interest in the Bulldozer lineup, but only on a serious and factual level. All of these sensationalist screen caps from random underground Chinese blogs really don't seem worth vesting too much credit or interest in. I hope the Bulldozer CPU's are awesome and drive both companies to keep producing better products, but the level of secrecy surrounding this particular product (so close to it's launch) really puts me off.

When having a serious discussion both sides of the argument should be presented. Yes, AMD could have a great cost-efficient product here, and I hope that is the case, but It should always be noted that the opposite is still very possible, until we see some hard evidence that proves otherwise.

I agree with everything that you said, but this thread wasn't intended to be taken too seriously.

With AMD being so quiet, we really don't have much to discuss other than rumors and, being a fan of AMD, rumors are better to discuss than nothing at all.

I too wish that all the secrets were unveiled and I can't wait until they are.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
These prices are great if true. For now my system seems to have a little more life in it. I may wait for the Bulldozer rev 2 or something, though it depends on how much faster clock for clock Bulldozer is vs. Phenom II and Intel's chips...:)