• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS P8P67 PRO

Wow that is nice. I can boot and run windows 4.5GHz 1.3v on my (now dead) 2500K even wPrime would pass, but it took 1.35v to pass Vantage and SuperPi.

System Name WTF?!.... Oh u bastard!
Processor I5 2500k
Motherboard Asus p8p67 pro
Cooling Water
Memory 8GB Ripjawx
Video Card(s) MSI 5870
Storage 60gb vertex 2e 2*1gb samsung f3 IN RAID 0, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 750GB Seagate Barracuda
Case Cooler Master ATCS 840
Power Supply 650W Be Quiet Dark Power PRO
Software 7 64bit
guys, i have the board, and it takes too much time to boot up..:S
and yes, i have a SSD installed.
Asus let me down this time and i am truly shocked..so if any of you is willing to buy a sandy bridge board, keep this board at the bottom of your list.

I have a slow boot issue with this board as well, i have a 60gb vertex 2e as my boot drive, raid 0 f3's for steam and a couple of other storage drives.

If i try to warm boot then it takes a seriously long time, 30-45 seconds to post then after the bios splash and raid screen i get a blinking cursor for nearly a minute. It can take more than two mins to get to windows.. If i leave ot powered off for a bit (15s or so) then it will take 25-30s (ish) for the whole thing. Its so frustrating, i havnt even started to o.c. yet. Any ideas? Ive been serching the web but cant find anything that helps, ive tried updating the ssd firmare but no luck. Different ports all do it. If i unplug all the drives then it will boot to bios straight away. I was going to start a thread but figured there would be a few pro owners checking this one.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Bleh.

Not to sound ungrateful but any chance of getting a p8z68-V Pro review??

there are a lot of P8p67 reviews out there already but there are hardly and p8z68-V Pro's and that board gets released here in the UK in the next few days

Last edited:

exodia8080

i'm planning to build my rig and this was my preferred board, so can i ask..

will the cooler master v8 fit in here? i'm also planning to put a two-channel g-skill ripjaws 4gbx2, and an msi gtx560 ti hawk twin frozr3. (planning to sli later)

waill they all fit? how about the asus gtx560 ti directcu ii? or if i have the money, a 580, but i wont sli it :D

*ps: can you guys also give me an advice what to choose on those gpus? hehe, and what to choose between a ripjaw and sniper memory. thanks a bunch!

System Name FragBox
Processor Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.0GHz/1.45 volts
Motherboard Asus P8Z77 WS
Cooling Custom CPU loop
Memory Kingston 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Galaxy GTX 680/Zotac GTX 680 in SLi/EVGA GTX 650Ti
Storage 2 Vertex 3 120's, raid 0, 2 Seagate Momentus XT 500GB's in raid 0, 1 Hitatchi 2TB for backup
Display(s) 3 Acer S232HLX2 in nvidia surround
Case Corsair C70 White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64 Pro
as a P8P67 Deluxe owner, which is the same board for the most part, I can say with certainty that the V8 will fit.R
ipjaws vs sniper? Whichever looks better, memory speeds aren't that big a deal, quantity over speed really.

the Ti's are fantastic cards, either the CUII or the twin frozr are great, the 580 is the best, but what resolution are you playing at? That really makes the choice for you there.

exodia8080

about, the v8, that's a relief cause i was backreading and i was quite disturbed by those heatsink/spacing issue and so i asked.

resolution, hmm, single screen 1080p. so a single 580 rather than 2 560s? msi ligthning and asus matrix, if i'm not mistaken, which do you prefer? :D and using one of this would also cut a few watts rather than 2 560s in sli, right?

so any of the two memories is good? thanks!

*pardon me for being such a noob, and sorry, i'm getting a bit off topic here xP

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I have a slow boot issue with this board as well, i have a 60gb vertex 2e as my boot drive, raid 0 f3's for steam and a couple of other storage drives.

If i try to warm boot then it takes a seriously long time, 30-45 seconds to post then after the bios splash and raid screen i get a blinking cursor for nearly a minute. It can take more than two mins to get to windows.. If i leave ot powered off for a bit (15s or so) then it will take 25-30s (ish) for the whole thing. Its so frustrating, i havnt even started to o.c. yet. Any ideas? Ive been serching the web but cant find anything that helps, ive tried updating the ssd firmare but no luck. Different ports all do it. If i unplug all the drives then it will boot to bios straight away. I was going to start a thread but figured there would be a few pro owners checking this one.

It's the drive, not the board. I get the same on ALL P67-based boards here. You have the same issue no matter what board you chose. My Corsair F60 is fine, but my USB 3.0 drive causes the same issue.

Bleh.

Not to sound ungrateful but any chance of getting a p8z68-V Pro review??

there are a lot of P8p67 reviews out there already but there are hardly and p8z68-V Pro's and that board gets released here in the UK in the next few days

Perhaps. I'll see what ASUS says.

about, the v8, that's a relief cause i was backreading and i was quite disturbed by those heatsink/spacing issue and so i asked.

resolution, hmm, single screen 1080p. so a single 580 rather than 2 560s? msi ligthning and asus matrix, if i'm not mistaken, which do you prefer? :D and using one of this would also cut a few watts rather than 2 560s in sli, right?

so any of the two memories is good? thanks!

*pardon me for being such a noob, and sorry, i'm getting a bit off topic here xP

Nah, not off-topic. It fits within the context of teh thread, as it's about compatibility wit hteh board, so don't worry about it. However, if you start your own thread, you might get a bit more views from the other members.