• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOTAC Z68-ITX WiFi LGA1155

cadaveca

My name is Dave
How did you do to place the Corsair backplate ?

I did not use a backplate.

I used some plastic washers, some threaded bolts, some nuts, and a spring or two....

and then...

TAA-DAA!!!

:laugh:

ZOTAX mount.jpg

DeerSteak

System Name Laharl
Processor Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 EVO
Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
Memory Corsair Value Select DDR3-1333 8GB (2x4GB)
Video Card(s) MSI Hawk Talon Attack GTX 460
Storage Intel SSD 320 series 120GB, WD Caviar Black 500GB
Display(s) Acer something-or-other 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Roland VS-20 (Cakewalk V-Studio 20)
Power Supply Antec BP 550 Plus
Software Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS, SONAR X1 Producer
Benchmark Scores 4GHz @ 1.45v, running this way 24/7. Haven't even tried for more than that with this board.
These are adorable but I can't help but wonder why there haven't been takers on the mini ITX Llano front yet? One of these with a 65W variant seems like the peanut butter and chocolate of a very tasty HTPC Reese's peanut butter cup. Probably someone, somewhere is cooking up such a design. E-350 is a little under-powered for some truly awesome real-time image clean-up, but Llano should be just right.

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
Hm. Let's put LN2 on CPU and throw GTX580 classified with LN2 container to it. :D

I'm serious! :D

bm88

Heatpipe

Thank you for that wonderful statement.
Can you tell me if the heat pipe is bonded to two radiators because I want to make a change. Thank you

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yes, the heatpipe does appear to be thermally bonded to each heatsink.

bm88

Heatpipe

Ok, thank you Cadaveca. Excuse my English. I will use a case mCubed, I need to change the radiator ZOTAC marked as it hinders the passage of the tubes (heatpipe) to cool the CPU.
My motherboard ZOTAC Z68ITX-A-E is in order.
Thank you.

AlphaStormX

System Name Asus Sigma (Sounds Cool)
Processor Intel Core i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus RoG Maximus IV Extreme
Cooling Air Cooling/Fans
Memory GSkill 1600mhz 8GB DDR3 Memory
Video Card(s) Asus 1.5GB Matrix GTX 580
Storage SATA II OCZ Vertex 80GB (For Windows 7 boot software)/1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm (for storage)
Display(s) AOC 2436Swa 23.6 inch moniter
Case Corsair 600T
Power Supply Corsair 850w
Software Windows 7, Norton, GAMES!!!
Benchmark Scores Dunno.
What card was used on the test bench?

AlphaStormX

System Name Asus Sigma (Sounds Cool)
Processor Intel Core i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus RoG Maximus IV Extreme
Cooling Air Cooling/Fans
Memory GSkill 1600mhz 8GB DDR3 Memory
Video Card(s) Asus 1.5GB Matrix GTX 580
Storage SATA II OCZ Vertex 80GB (For Windows 7 boot software)/1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm (for storage)
Display(s) AOC 2436Swa 23.6 inch moniter
Case Corsair 600T
Power Supply Corsair 850w
Software Windows 7, Norton, GAMES!!!
Benchmark Scores Dunno.
A sexy and small board.

yaxattax

This might seem like a strange question, but I am interested in this board because of the dual LAN. Now the only other thing I need to know is the capability for the board to underclock and undervolt the CPU.

I've been searching for a while for a board that has a dual LAN and potential to change clock speed and voltage, because I want a system that has a reasonably low power consumption, without sacrificing too much performance, and I see this as being the ideal way to achieve this - my question is, so much attention is paid to the overclocking ability .. but does the board actually have the ability to underclock and undervolt?

If the answer to the above is no .. I'd also be interested to know of any mini-ITX, LGA1155 boards with dual LAN that can undervolt and underclock.

Cheers,

Yax

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Hi yaxattax!

Unfortunately, no this board doesn't NOT allow for much in the way of underclocking.

AS to my side of your question, at the beginning of the BIOS section of every board I review I put a table of critical votlages, and thier ranges, as well as possible bus speeds. if you check this table, you'll see that this board, with the BIOS that was current when I tested the board, did not allow setting exact voltages, but rather allowed setting offsets, so undervolting is not possible, except on DRAM, which itself doesn't allow for much flexibility downwards.

I haven't had the opportunity yet to test other mITX products, but hopefully in the future I'l lbe able to procure samples of the other products in this form factor.

yaxattax

Hi Cadaveca,

Thanks for the prompt response. I also see the table you mention, I should have looked a little more carefully!

I think its a real shame that all the manufacturers are putting out products capable of overclocking, but not underclocking .. particularly in the mITX format where you're just as likely to want low power as high performance ... there is the Atom but it just doesn't put out the same kind of performance as say, a Sandybridge 2500T.

I hope something comes along soon that can fill this apparently niche requirement of mine :(

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Thanks very much for the feedback. I will be re-doing my review format in the near future, looking at things fro ma completely different perspective that may give a bit more info to readers, and I think I'll be separating Intel and AMD products, too.

Like you, I am very much interested in smaller form-factor builds, although I do prefer higher-performance products personally, because, really, I'm a gamer at heart, and I like to enjoy most games the day they come out, so my systems need to be up to the task.

I'll keep your perspective in mind when developing the new review format, for sure, as I do not think you belong to a that small of a niche, really, based on other feedback I've received.