• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design CORE 3000

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
With the CORE family of cases, Fractal Design is aiming for the budget market, trying to offer as many of their unique features as possible for a leaner price tag. We take the chassis for a spin to see if the Fractal Design gene is still present or the splicing has gone too far.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Betty The Dirty Dragon
Processor AMD 8350 @4.8
Motherboard ASUS sabertooth rev 2
Cooling Watercooling - Swiftech GTZ - XSPC RS360 - XSPC RX120
Memory 8GB corsair vengeance cas 9
Video Card(s) 280x 1100core 1600 mem
Storage 240 gb ssd- 2 tb Storage
Display(s) Samsung 24" 2433BW
Case Corsair 650d
Audio Device(s) Xfi Fatality Titanium Pro
Power Supply XFX 850 fully modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
these fit 30cm cards?

System Name ITX Desktop
Processor Core i7 9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi Z390
Cooling Arctic esports 34 duo.
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming OC White PRO
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Intel SSD 660p
Case NZXT H200
Power Supply Corsair CX Series 750 Watt
Darksaber, I love your work, but allow me a general note (for all TPU reviews)

1) The first page of all reviews is normally dead BORING: specs. But never or rarely include PRICE! It belongs to the specs... (Adding a date, because prices use to sink over time)

2) the second page of most or all reviews is even MORE BORING: packaging!!! 4 pics of the packege plus 1 pic of the product hidden in plastic foil are necesary or useful???

Normally I jump directly to page 3 (then to the last, then back to 4, hehehe)

Suggestion -if you do not want to erase the whole packaging stuff- at least join page 1 and 2 for all the introductory, warming up content ;)

just my 5 eurocent....

For al the rest: CHEERS, THANK YOU, BRAVO for all the work, first and above all!!!!

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
the second page of most or all reviews is even MORE BORING: packaging!!! 4 pics of the packege plus 1 pic of the product hidden in plastic foil are necesary or useful???

that's why we have easy to use page navigation that clearly separates content.

for many users it is very important to know if the package can survive an air drop onto their private island. also accessories are a big factor, especially for less experienced users: "will i get everything i need?"

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

for many users it is very important to know if the package can survive an air drop onto their private island. also accessories are a big factor, especially for less experienced users: "will i get everything i need?"

+1. That stuff is something most of TPUers have bucketloads of (I assume, I have it) but if you don't have anything computer related and home it's pretty important.

Anyway, I'm looking at buying this case someday and the review is very good, as usual.

I do agree that the price should be said early on.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Nice.

Listing the mobo tray clearance - great! The more measurements you can give in future reviews, the better IMO.

Ok, I was questioning the mere 'existence' of such a page, not the navigation, which is perfect!

The 'air drop' made me LOL for a while (Love your sense of humor!), and accesories of course is relevant.

First two pages are boring dry. I don't know if I'm alone with that. If my opinion -unchanged- is useless, I'm okay with that, I am just a reader after all, who loves TPU as a member and friend. Thank you again for all and do what you feel is good. :toast:

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
First two pages are boring dry.

A good comprehensive review is one which provides all the information you need, and some more. And TPU's reviews does just that. A bit boring for your more regular reader, but that is why its organised into pages, just jump to the pages you want and ignore the rest.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
A good comprehensive review is one which provides all the information you need, and some more. And TPU's reviews does just that. A bit boring for your more regular reader, but that is why its organised into pages, just jump to the pages you want and ignore the rest.

This is the reason TPU is one of the best out there.

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Nice.

Listing the mobo tray clearance - great! The more measurements you can give in future reviews, the better IMO.

Yes, we will be starting to include measurements for graphic card length soon as well. :) Very soon ^^

cheers
DS

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Could we see the addition of one or two pictures of the case in the first post. That way I can see if I like it or not before having to click on it. You know like Bta does with every news post that he does. Same goes for Wiz and his card reviews.

Good idea Whitelots, I had it on my tongue. 1st page can be made more 'magnetic' by that.

Anyway, I just finished reading the review and find it superb! I hope all understand I gave my opinion in peace and search of the common good.

Darksaber you got free beers this evening! 8)

Darksaber, I love your work, but allow me a general note (for all TPU reviews)
I kind'a have problems with these armature reviews also, but different stuff…

The first two stock photos while probably from Fractal Design stunk, basically took up space. Then, while sure this is about the 3000 "box", a quick overview of some of the differences would’ve been nice or at least a web-link to the web page that shows the 1000. Now if that info wasn’t / isn’t available then you could mention the other would be provided at a later date. I had to go search Fractal, and find the CORE 1000 and it's not even close to being “variant” of this case even excusing that it's a mini tower.
http://fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=61

Other things... yes I don’t need all the 7 packaging pictures, 3 would suffice. A ¾ shot of the box, a look at the foam, although those are standard and sufficient a quick comment of like above par packing and move on. Then just one picture of the hardware and manual is fine considering they where completly useless as you presented. Given the hardware not being the "normal bag", (am I mistaken wasn’t there some thumb screws, and I see tie-wraps in that bag don’t I?), and the fan controller. All that should have been un-bag and arrange so we can see it better. And talk about that, as that’s the stuff a review is suppose to unearth... not cardboard!

Now moving on, your camera or skill level stinks (sorry). Everything I’ve seen from Darksaber or at least lately are dark, lack contrast, some out of focus, and give little detail. When you do have a close-up they're useless. I will admit black cases (interiors especially) are difficult, but still it’s weak! Case in point that pic looking from case back into the PSU area... I’ll use my imagination thank you. That would've been a great shot to show the filter being removable. While good thing you said something about the water cooling holes at top of the rear panel they are almost non-existent in that picture.

Now I like the where the measurement behind the tray is provided that’s great, along with that include the measurement from the CPU-mobo installed to the case door is extremely relevant today. Just saying “a Prolimatech Super Mega fits” is lazy, and doesn't inform us what height cooler we should consider. Their website said 160mm you could sy that! While showing the HDD tray with a Samsung drive in it very interesting! What I wanted to see was the front fan mount? You never showed the 140mm fan that it says it comes with. The picture doesn’t make it clear, while you say “Turns out the fan(s) are not attached to the frame of the chassis, but to the front.” Where/How? While if I read that whole paragraph, is it me "or is it all over-the-place", I think you meant “top” bay. An objective Editor could help.

Something I noticed is in the second (lower) 5.25 bay you have thumb-screw there, are they holding something or are those in like threaded holes meant to hold them which would be smart instead rummaging for them later?

I question why even say, “Turning the CORE 3000 around, all areas of the chassis are clearly visible and accessible. The white elements of the fan can clearly be seen spinning. The cooling units within the chassis are actually not too loud, thanks to the use of the mainboard running them nice and slow.” Did you need to hit the word count... while I really can bring into play that objective synopsis for the dBa output?

For $75 it’s not worth it... I could build a laundry list of things, but no eSATA and those white fan blades that will dirty but at least it would happen more than 2 weeks time, as there’s intake filters but boy you glanced over that! You really need to show those front filters in more detail and that it sat high on the feet which helps the PSU from sucking crap. Good thing I could navigate quickly through this though.
Want a better overview and pictures here’s the Fractal Design webpage.
http://fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=61

Last edited:
System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Solid value, wish it had 8 internal 3.5 though.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I swear Nzxt and Fractal Designs has the same R&D Department. Its like all of their stuff is designed and named by their OEM, then tweaked to fit their brand better.

Core 1000 vs. Source 310
Core 3000 vs. Source 310 Elite

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock X470 Master sli/ac
Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
Memory Team Dark Pro 3200 cl14
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 850W
Can you add something on later case reviews? CPU/GPU and other components' temperatures.
It's great to rate cases by looks, space and cable management but temps are crucial to choose a good case as well.

Jarrrp

Questions regarding Fractal Core 3000

Hello all. I've decided to join this forum to find some information on the Fractal Core 3000 computer case. I'm planning to incorporate it into an upcoming PC build but I have a few questions regarding a few of the features.

I like the fact that it includes a 3 fan controller, but having it at the back in a PCI dock seems pointless as it won't be able to be easily accessed whilst you're using the PC. I'd expect to be able to easily turn it up or down depending on what processing I was doing, but feel I'd need to get down behind my PC to do so.

Also, on the review by techpowerup of this case, the motherboard they used had a neat metal rectangle to cover the gaps between the USB and audio ports e.t.c at the back. I thought most motherboards just have big gaps between these?

Thanks. I hope someone can answer my questions.