• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 will not be coming on Steam

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Battlefield 3 is such a huge AAA title that in practice nobody can boycott it just because it's not available on a distribution platform.

Remember this?

http://img.techpowerup.org/110808/bta093lkjdf.jpg

Not being available on Steam is a much smaller issue.

I am aware that my gesture is futile and I do not expect to change EA's policy in this regard, for me, it's simply a case of Steam or no sale.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I haven't waited damn near a decade for BF3 to be hoed up by some industry politics. I'm gonna play the game. Even if its on their puss-ass Origin.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
From what I read, it was basically that EA doesn't want Valve to get anything for distributing the game, and Valve said that it was ridiculous. Basically it was that EA wants all DLC sales to be handled in-game, and Valve wants them on a seperate marketplace so they can ensure the DLC is always available right alongside the game, and that people who buy it will always have a way to access it if something should happen to their game. EA on the other hand wants Valve to foot the bill for hosting the files, but cut them entirely out of the profit for DLC, and potentially screw over customers by giving them no easy way to access DLC should the initial copy of it be lost.

Notice EA's careful wording; "BF3 will not be available on Steam as the service restricts our ability to directly support players." Notice that they try and make it about the players, because although they overwhelmingly support having the game on Steam, it's really more important that EA is able to maximize profits. This has nothing to do with the players, and is essentially politics in the Video Game Industry.

From everything I have heard that is mostly incorrect. It has more to do with EA not being happy that Steam wants to distribute patches to people who purchase the game through them. And as far as wanting an ingame marketplace, I can't see what that would be a problem at all seeing as I purchased Dirt 3 from Steam and I can login, open up Live Marketplace and fill my cart with a ton of DLC.

The "support players", if about wanting to do their patches without Steam.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
From everything I have heard that is mostly incorrect. It has more to do with EA not being happy that Steam wants to distribute patches to people who purchase the game through them. And as far as wanting an ingame marketplace, I can't see what that would be a problem at all seeing as I purchased Dirt 3 from Steam and I can login, open up Live Marketplace and fill my cart with a ton of DLC.

The "support players", if about wanting to do their patches without Steam.

It has to do with promoting Origin. Thats it. Nothing more to it.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
It has to do with promoting Origin. Thats it. Nothing more to it.

I agree completely, but I just call BS on Steam being angry about an ingame marketplace, since Live is already out there. Either way I look at it, Steam is the largest PC game seller, and EA most likely wants to hold their stance on this, meaning not just BF3, but all EA games will not be coming to Steam in the future. Honestly I don't think they can maintain that stance, it will have a drastic effect weather they want to believe it or not.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
AFAIK, Steam has never had a problem with in game DLC, DA:O had DLC that wasn't purchased through Steam, but through in game store.

I got an email from EA this weekend telling me that my EA Account was changed to an Origin account. Still haven't made my mind up if I'm going to get BF3 because of the Steam/Origin thing. I'm a notorious caver, and I llikely will.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
EA are just being moneygrabbing assholes as always. I like having an integrated experience, which is what both Steam and Xbox Live provide. I don't wanna jump through hoops just to get my damn DLC.

"The DLC" is not your DLC
EA has every right to choose what services their games use

EA is in recent years at least trying to repair their public image ... but this by heavy influence by DICE because DICE top-people got promoted to EA management.

But for the guys to not understand me ... i know this is bad, but personally i don't care about any integrated experience ... who made these fanboy can't get up their cave to buy a game in the shops ... some smartguys say they won't buy games if it's not on steam.

My speculation is they want to use the proprietary DICE updater - which is a good thing - i wouldn't liked steam messing around with that stuff - paticularly because the developers have no direct control over it to provide the best experience to the users.

Many high profile games already have most features integrated which are much better than any half-baked steam feature can have, what are those achievements "finish first level and get nothing" - kind of useless.

Did you ever saw the new World of Warcraft updater .... steam is just a window with a "speed" and "remainign time" notification - kind of mainstream.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
meh its Origin give it 6months a year, and it will bark Sponsors, and Advertisments at you every 10 seconds, just like youtube is starting to do,

and cheaper my ass,

EA now has to pay programmers to test build and code there new client and keep it up to date, they also need to pay for more servers etc to handle the load of customers, all i see is EA spending alot of time and money in a futile effort to have full control its a waste really,

besides how are EA making more money off this?

a retail $60 game at wallmart, Developer will get $20 of it, so $40 goes to publisher and the store etc, now take into account EA owns DICE means they lose out on $40

game on steam $60 game EA gets $35-40 of that game, the game is hosted on steam so theres no upkeep for patches, and DLC on EA's part, hmmm whats the better alternative

broken Origin Download, where if you READ the EULA if you dont use Origin for 2 years you have to repurchase all your games. yea fuck you EA

there taking more control at greater cost and causing more issues for the general consumer, brilliant move, even more so then Ubisofts DRM lolz.

as for the DICE updater its broken, herp derp Origin didnt fix it,

ive pointed it out multiple times on EA's own forums DICE admits the Updater for Bad Company 2 is broken and they REUSED it in BF3, lmfao, its just failsauce,

I have no problem buying a brick and morter game, but if i like the developer i would rather buy a digital copy from Steam so they get MORE money, so they can produce more games i enjoy, Retail games from Gamestop BestBuy Wallmart Developers get less money then they do from Steam,

but since were bashing steam today

Steam now uses Skype for voice chat so it has better quality then just about anything out there period so communication is easier and better
and i have to say Steams features arent halfbaked

screenshot uploading with 1000 + images possible, a decent and simple friends list, easy to use store front web browsing within the game, without having to use firefox which for some reason causes my gpu clocks to plummet, from what ive experienced steam works better then any in game shit ive used recently.

Thinking back on it i havent played a single game that has ingame features that are similar to Steam, and just work. not to mention work across all 100+ of my games, without issue, even shit as far back as Monster Truck Madness from 1995

as far as i can see Battlefield 3 not on steam means no sale from me, any game that requires Origin will not be bought buy me, Even if EA fixes origin and make sit worth while, i again see all Digital Distributors as a sort of seperate console on my PC, i have to maintain a bunch of bullshit for all of them, its just easier to stick to 1 platform, thus i choose steam which as been proven again and again to be stable reliable, and functional.

Origin is just EA downloader with a GUI thats 6 years to late to matter,

EA downloader = same age as Steam
it took EA 6 years to realize oh shit we should do something, its just a day late and a dollar short.

and really i mean Origin + EA Bioware site for there games, all the bullshit hoops you have to jump through just to get the damn content you paid for? yea ill stick to steam. EA can lick my nuts. even then i wouldnt be impressed.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't care what service is needed to buy/play any EA title. Steam is cool but I don't give two shits if I use it or not. When a game comes out that i want I buy it. Simple as that. If it's on Steam I may or may not buy it depending on if I can pick up a retail copy or not. If the game is on Origin then I'll deal with them. I really don't care.

EA is a business. They are here to make money. I'm fine with that.

I bought BC2 at GameStop. A retail copy. Then eventually Vietnam was released and like a dumb ass I bought that DLC via Steam. Man what a pain it was to get everything to jive. Ultimately I got Vietnam linked to my EA account but I had to jump through some hoops and I wished I had read the warning message on steam saying I had to own the steam BC2 version for it to work. EA helped me out and made it happen. So in the future I had already planned to not by my BF games through steam. I'd rather buy direct anyway.

Trying to follow press releases, statements, and the various other speculative thought about Origin is foolish. Look at the big picture, and the answer is clear. EA wants the share of the profits that currently goes to Steam to be in their pockets. A smaller developer couldn't afford to so this, but EA isn't small. They believe (in the board room at least) that they can move their, no exageration, huge library of titles to their own service.

The interim between functional Origin and Steam pull-out is worth considering. Steam has had years to solve their issues and, no matter how you personally feel, they have the sales to prove that their system works.

Petty squabbling over DLC isn't the motivator here. It's making EA more profitable. While this does make sense for investing, it casts a rather dire shadow on gaming.

I won't be purchasing BF3 on Origin. I won't be purchasing any game from EA until I can legally purchase the game, and get an appropriate version online that has the functinality I want (take that how you will).

For full disclosure, here is where I stand:
EA accounts are crap. My troubles with DLC in Mass Effect were numerous.
EA treats all customers as pirates. Strengthening DRM does nothing to protect legal users, and often deters them.
EA corrupts everything it touches. You can feel their influence the second you pop a nice shiney new disc in, and have to spend an hour installing DRM whenever the game itself only takes 30 minutes to install.
Steam is a good solution. It has its problems, but it's the least intrusive DRM out there and something I'm more than willing to work with.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
i use to not care about where i got my games, but in a day an age where i have to juggle accounts for every god damn little tiny fucking thing, more is not better,

Origin is another service i have to maintain, and considering how EA's registration and account system works there own stupidity deterred me long ago, im not jumping on Origin just to play BF3 or to get an easier to manage Digital Copy, and again, it makes no sense to tie shit to Origin a system a system that in there EULA if you dont play games on it for 2 years you have to purchase it again think on that for a second, it sounds pretty similar to the Northern Strike Fiasco on EA Downloader dosent it? where after 2 years of purchasing if you had to reinstall it you had to buy it again, yea sorry i dont need a Digital service like that where they try to use legal loop holes to screw me years ago gaming didnt have these problems

you put a disc in, you went to a developers website you got the patches any free DLC content and that was it,

now im expected to maintain

Direct 2 Drive
Steam
Impulse
Origin,
Bioware/ EA account shit for ME1 ME2 Dragon Age
Witcher Forums so i can get my god damn free graphics patch because they require serial key and active account to get it
Games for Windows live, what a joke but yup have to maintain this shit to
Rockstars Social Club bullshit for Grand Theft Auto

the above is getting fucking ridiculous is there any wonder why i prefer steam, 90% of my games dont require me to maintain a shit ton of accounts it all just works. no issues problems or hiccups, 1 account Steam, normally allows me to bypass the other 7 + lol

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
i use to not care about where i got my games, but in a day an age where i have to juggle accounts for every god damn little tiny fucking thing, more is not better,

Origin is another service i have to maintain, and considering how EA's registration and account system works there own stupidity deterred me long ago, im not jumping on Origin just to play BF3 or to get an easier to manage Digital Copy, and again, it makes no sense to tie shit to Origin a system a system that in there EULA if you dont play games on it for 2 years you have to purchase it again think on that for a second, it sounds pretty similar to the Northern Strike Fiasco on EA Downloader dosent it? where after 2 years of purchasing if you had to reinstall it you had to buy it again, yea sorry i dont need a Digital service like that where they try to use legal loop holes to screw me

I am hoping I can buy my copy and get a disc and key then register the key with origin that way i have a hard copy and a way to redownload it of need be.

ORIGIN should have a service were you can download a ISO version of your game purchase

/END THREAD!

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I love steam and all but bring on the competition! When has it been bad for us?

If EA Expects people and game developers to use their download service they have a lot of catching up to do.

TheMailMan78

Big Member

Origin is another service i have to maintain, and considering how EA's registration and account system works there own stupidity deterred me long ago, im not jumping on Origin just to play BF3 or to get an easier to manage Digital Copy, and again, it makes no sense to tie shit to Origin a system a system that in there EULA if you dont play games on it for 2 years you have to purchase it again think on that for a second, it sounds pretty similar to the Northern Strike Fiasco on EA Downloader dosent it? where after 2 years of purchasing if you had to reinstall it you had to buy it again, yea sorry i dont need a Digital service like that where they try to use legal loop holes to screw me years ago gaming didnt have these problems

you put a disc in, you went to a developers website you got the patches any free DLC content and that was it,

now im expected to maintain

Direct 2 Drive
Steam
Impulse
Origin,
Bioware/ EA account shit for ME1 ME2 Dragon Age
Witcher Forums so i can get my god damn free graphics patch because they require serial key and active account to get it
Games for Windows live, what a joke but yup have to maintain this shit to
Rockstars Social Club bullshit for Grand Theft Auto

the above is getting fucking ridiculous is there any wonder why i prefer steam, 90% of my games dont require me to maintain a shit ton of accounts it all just works. no issues problems or hiccups, 1 account Steam, normally allows me to bypass the other 7 + lol

Meh. Give you a week before I see you on my BF3 friends list.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
lol Brandon, an ISO would be awesome but wont happen, EA would be offering up the game to anyone to download and crack without legal liability of illegal torrents :roll: thus why all these problems and stupidity exists.

retail copies will be fine, but still requires Origin to an extent that they build it into the game itself. just more shit they need to maintain, but offers me nothing

I wont buy the game, i might play it if my friends here in Maine buy it, but otherwise i wont be bothering BF3 could be the greatest game of all time, but ive to much on my plate to bother dicking around with EA, i mean for christs sake they couldnt even move my Veteran status to my new Email. when my old one dosent even exist anymore because it was shut down. lolz so i lost my veteran status etc and can switch the info over, including my soldiers in previous Battlefield games. such a gaint pain in the ass if i want to play them to have to unlock all my shit again from scratch.

actually now that i think about it, i havent bought any EA games with my own money in a long ass time

Bad Company 2 was gifted to me
Vietnam was gifted to me

Mirrors Edge was gifted

Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and the DLC was gifted to me

i think the only EA game i purchased was Mass Effect 1, but that was awhile ago, and then again it was before they added the retarded shit like they did in Origins and ME 2

so mailman you might see me in game, but it wont be a game i paid for with my own money

and unless EA fixes my account problems i wont be bothering either.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
lol Brandon, an ISO would be awesome but wont happen, EA would be offering up the game to anyone to download and crack without legal liability of illegal torrents :roll: thus why all these problems and stupidity exists.

retail copies will be fine, but still requires Origin to an extent that they build it into the game itself. just more shit they need to maintain, but offers me nothing

I wont buy the game, i might play it if my friends here in Maine buy it, but otherwise i wont be bothering BF3 could be the greatest game of all time, but ive to much on my plate to bother dicking around with EA, i mean for christs sake they couldnt even move my Veteran status to my new Email. when my old one dosent even exist anymore because it was shut down. lolz so i lost my veteran status etc and can switch the info over, including my soldiers in previous Battlefield games. such a gaint pain in the ass if i want to play them to have to unlock all my shit again from scratch.

actually now that i think about it, i havent bought any EA games with my own money in a long ass time

Vietnam was gifted to me

Mirrors Edge was gifted

i think the only EA game i purchased was Mass Effect 1, but that was awhile ago, and then again it was before they added the retarded shit like they did in Origins and ME 2

so mailman you might see me in game, but it wont be a game i paid for with my own money

Dude your account problems are self inflicted. With a little sugar to tech support I bet you could get everything fixed. Just don't go all "Crazyeyes" on them and you'll be fine.

Laughingman couldn't get his fixed because EA doesnt like black people. Kanye West said so.

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W @4.3GHz
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Memory (16Gb) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Storage (2X) Kingston 120GB SSD in RAID 0 & WD Caviar 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) VIZIO M321i-A2 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
Case NZXT Source 210 ELITE Midtower Case with 3.0 USB - Black
Audio Device(s) Creative 7.1 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W
Software Windows 8 Pro 64Bit

Vietnam was gifted to me

Mirrors Edge was gifted

By the sounds of it, the only way you're getting in BF3 is if one of us gifts the damn game to you. lmao

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
either tpu or my buddy Splain, lol one or the other haha, i wont pay my own money for EA's dog shit in a bag Digital Distribution service lol

Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
so mailman you might see me in game, but it wont be a game i paid for with my own money.

Hmmm. if you are playing someone else's account then MailMan won't see you anyway. If he does...well you'll have paid for the game I would think.

I call BS on almost anyone who claims they won't buy the came solely because of origin. If they don't preorder they will be playing within a week of release.

Now there might still be that very small % of people that refuse to buy the game. I signed that petition to not buy MW2 and to this day I have never bought or even played that title. But so many people that jumped up and screamed and swore not to buy...all bought. lol

Funny.

Last edited:
System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
I haven't waited damn near a decade for BF3 to be hoed up by some industry politics. I'm gonna play the game. Even if its on their puss-ass Origin.

I totally agree with you. Walmart will get my business and they can both kiss my ass.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
There's no better version than the retail version.

Requires someones to get his fat ass up to visit the mall/shops for a change.

Speaking honestly, no offense.

"Digital" distribution in my country:

- Register on site
- order a game (retail)
- pay cash at delivery
- 100% hacker safe, no steam, no origin, pre-order price always lower, release date delivery
- ????
- PROFIT!(for real)

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Hmmm. if you are playing someone else's account then MailMan won't see you anyway. If he does...well you'll have paid for the game I would think.

I call BS on almost anyone who claims they won't buy the came solely because of origin. If they don't preorder they will be playing within a week of release.

Now there might still be that very small % of people that refuse to buy the game. I signed that petition to not buy MW2 and to this day I have never bought or even played that title. But so many people that jumped up and screamed and swore not to buy...all bought. lol

Funny.

feel free but just ask Black Haru i refused to buy Vietnam, to the point he just out right bought it for me,

as for BC2, again it was gifted to me for building a customers PC they enjoyed the new PC enough to reward me with the game,

fact is i dont buy games period untill there cheap as dirt anyway,

Duke Nukem was gifted to me for my Bday
along with all the previous games listed above,

but
Bad Company 2 + Vietnam - customer and Black Haru
Battlefield 1942 buddy Chad in college
Battlefield 2142 same as above
Duke Nukem Forever - thanks to Qubit
Borderlands
Grand Theft Auto 4
Fallout New Vegas
The Kings Crusade
Mirrors Edge
Lead and Gold Gangs of the Wild West
Mount and Blade Warband
Tomb Raider Legend
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

were all gifted to me,

games i bought

Grid
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect
Medal of Honor Airborne
Overlord 1 + 2 and Raising hell
Burnout Paradise etc etc etc all other games on my list combined i didnt spend more then $50 and theres about 50+ games on my steam list right now. out of the 100 + PC games i own, all of them were bought cheap as possible many were lawn sale purchases for $1 or 2 lol im a cheap jackass, if you think i wont buy BF3 because of Origin, ill do it just out of spite. Its just how i roll :roll: :toast:

System Name H2o Box
Processor Intel(R) Xeon e5-2690 v2 Stock 3.300 GHz stock
Motherboard MSI X79A-G43 Plus (MS-7760) v3
Cooling CPU EK & Phobya G-Changer 360 V2.0 RAD H2o VGA "AlphaCool M18" Hybrid [pump replaced 18/8/21]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 16Gb 11-12-12-32 2T @ 1866Mhz [locked]
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME
Storage HyperX Fury 120GB & Savage 480GB SSD, Seagate 250GB,250GB 7200rpm Kingston 64GB SSD
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG32VQR 2560*1440 165Hz VA Panel
Case Corsair O-800D
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Be Quiet! [Dark Power Pro 11] 1200W CM replaced [7-4-2017]
Mouse Zelotes T-90
Keyboard K66 Mechanical US Layout
Software Win 10 Pro 64Bit v 20H2 / OS [build 19043.1237] WFEP 120.2212.3530.0
Hi @ RuskiSnajper

That's only if they put a disk in the box; they may just use a digital distribution code/serial, you would have to install origin and download the game; that's how I ended up with Steam. I went to my local store and bought a retail box only to find out once I opened it; the only content was a slip of paper with a code for the game and instructions on how to download steam.

nb: let's hope they don't go down that path

atb

Law-II

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
feel free but just ask Black Haru i refused to buy Vietnam, to the point he just out right bought it for me,

as for BC2, again it was gifted to me for building a customers PC they enjoyed the new PC enough to reward me with the game,

fact is i dont buy games period untill there cheap as dirt anyway,

Duke Nukem was gifted to me for my Bday
along with all the previous games listed above,

but
Bad Company 2 + Vietnam - customer and Black Haru
Battlefield 1942 buddy Chad in college
Battlefield 2142 same as above
Duke Nukem Forever - thanks to Qubit
Borderlands
Grand Theft Auto 4
Fallout New Vegas
The Kings Crusade
Mirrors Edge
Lead and Gold Gangs of the Wild West
Mount and Blade Warband
Tomb Raider Legend
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

were all gifted to me,

games i bought

Grid
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect
Medal of Honor Airborne
Overlord 1 + 2 and Raising hell
Burnout Paradise etc etc etc all other games on my list combined i didnt spend more then $50 and theres about 50+ games on my steam list right now. out of the 100 + PC games i own, all of them were bought cheap as possible many were lawn sale purchases for $1 or 2 lol im a cheap jackass, if you think i wont buy BF3 because of Origin, ill do it just out of spite. Its just how i roll :roll: :toast:

I find it funny that you (in this case) won't buy this game due to Origin and EA but will still play the game if it's gifted to you. Might not be your money but in a way you are still supporting the game if you play it right?

Ahhh hell...see you in BF3 lol

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
thats what most games do now with retail versions lol at least games i actually play like Empire Total War and SHogun 2 both were essentially box with disc but still tied to steam lol so essentially buying retail Shogun 2 and Empire ment the developers Creative Assembly got Less money for there work then if i just bought it from steam, granted im a cheap ass and Shogun 2 is the only game ive paid full retail for in years