• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bulldozer Information Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name SolarwindMobile
Processor AMD FX-9800P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G
Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Memory 2 x 8GB SK Hynix/HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF
Video Card(s) ATI/AMD Radeon R7 Series (Bristol Ridge FP4) [ACER]
Storage TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 1TB + KINGSTON RBU-SNS8152S3128GG2 128 GB
Display(s) ViewSonic XG2401 SERIES
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC255
Power Supply PANASONIC AS16A5K
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Keyboard Ducky Channel Shine 3
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Version 1607, Build 14393.969)
Honestly seems like the only one talking about bulldozer is ....us.

True, AMD and Reviews won't come till Launch or NDAs end

I've read more from Amd about piledriver than bd.

You might have missed alot of things since 2007->2011, it is just been recently they have been talking about Piledriver

If all this silence is to keep intel from coming out with a quick one up then well played AMD.

It's more the Osbourne effect...even know that is a lousy excuse

i7 2500K/i7 2600K/Ivy Bridge are already eating at Phenom II/Athlon II/Llano/Bulldozer sales

If its houston we have a problem well amd gpus still rule.
More Osbourne effect

It's more let's keep OEMs as happiest as possible...Partners(OEMs) hear about a range then slowly cut sales till the AMD Kool Aid man comes busting threw a wall saying "New CPU Architecture, OH YEAH!" then OEMs go :shadedshu then the cycle repeats for every new CPU annoucement

^Ultra, Ultra simplified and mostly fictitious

------
One thing about weekends.....that I hate

The time from post A to post B
Weekdays - 10-1500 seconds
Weekends - 2000-3000 seconds

---

I wonder if it will launch with PAX hmmm it's a guessing game now WHAT event does AMD FX launch at lol

Last edited:

billcat479

There is also one more thing to consider on BDs up and coming release. I would only take the performance data so far. It's a pretty radical design as far as I can tell and I think we may also need software that is optimized to get the most out of this new cpu.
This has always been a factor as a bit of intel's even current lead has to do with software that was designed to run on their cpu's more so than on a AMD system so right off the release it will still be too early to get a real hard time scc. figure on it's top performance even if it's only 1 or 2% it will be nice to know. Do you follow me on this?

JF-AMD

AMD Rep (Server)
There is also one more thing to consider on BDs up and coming release. I would only take the performance data so far. It's a pretty radical design as far as I can tell and I think we may also need software that is optimized to get the most out of this new cpu.
This has always been a factor as a bit of intel's even current lead has to do with software that was designed to run on their cpu's more so than on a AMD system so right off the release it will still be too early to get a real hard time scc. figure on it's top performance even if it's only 1 or 2% it will be nice to know. Do you follow me on this?

We have been working with all of the compiler companies for quite some time.

But that is precisely why I tell people not to pay attention to benchmarks that float around the web. Most are probably fake, those that are real are probably not representative.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
someone mentioned here on another thread that Microsoft was tweaking windows 7 to provide better optimization for BD ?

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
We have been working with all of the compiler companies for quite some time.

But that is precisely why I tell people not to pay attention to benchmarks that float around the web. Most are probably fake, those that are real are probably not representative.

Good 2 know you have their support. Having great hardware is only Half of the equation. Radical and new approaches aren't always accepted. I.e. beta/vhs, laserdisks/dvd, minidisk/cd's, high definition disks/blueray. Though my laserdisc player and minidisc player do make great conversation pieces:laugh:

Last edited:
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Well with Bulldozer using the AVX, SSE 4.1, SSE 4.2, etc. instruction sets should help with this as those are Intel's. Things compiled for these no longer have to run on SSE 3 with AMD, they can run the way it was intended. As for the specialized instruction sets for AMD only will be where that optimization is needed. Hopefully taking advantage of the sudo SSE 5 trio (XOP, FMA4, and CVT16) will give AMD something to brag about.

I fear programs using some of a modules shared resources sees it as a single core and runs 1 thread. This could end up with programs that can run 8 threads and run 8 threads on Intel 2600K, but only runs 4 threads on BD. I am sure AMD has done what they can to prevent this, but still a concern for me.

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
I found this from JF-AMD on another forum and I thought that those of you who aren't cyber-stalking him like I am might like to read it.

Please do not start asking him a bunch of questions about it though, because he makes it clear that he won't answer them and the thread is locked on the other forum. :toast:

Originally posted by JF-AMD

OK, let me begin by saying "I'm gonna post this once."

Everyone, please just point people back to this post when the 1,957,837,842 questions show up that are all the same. This will be easier than me posting it up over and over.

Admin, please lock this thread ASAP, I am not going to answer questions here.

Thanks.

Q. I saw a benchmark on xyz website. Is that how bulldozer will perform?A. No. Nothing posted before launch will be representative of actual performance. To get actual performance, you need:

Final production silicon
Final processor microcode
Final system BIOS
Final OS optimizaitons
Final drivers
An app compiled with the latest flags
A person who understands the app and configures the test properly

Without these things (and there are probably more), you cannot get an accurate benchmark. Any extrapolation of a crappy benchmark gives you a crappy estimate of actual performance. Period.

Oh, and many of the benchmarks that you see were probably not run, those are just charts made in excel. It's really easy to make a chart in excel - what do you want, bulldozer faster by 3716%? Intel faster by 293%? Sure, I can do either one in 10 seconds. Why are you arguing about benchmarks that probably aren't real?

Q. When are you launching? Why don't you release the date?A. When we launch, we launch. I will not comment on dates, I will not comment on schedules. We do not release dates prior to launch, at most we give quarter granularity. Giving the date out will stall demand. We have a business to run. While you might think that it will make your life easier to not have to guess, the reality is that we have a business to run and the minute you let the date out, sales stall. For everything. The cost impact of announcing the launch date is always bigger and drives these decisions.

Q. What are the prices?
A. Look at the above question and you have your answer.

Q. Why don't you release benchmarks before launch? You could steal so much business away from the other guy?
A. Again, releasing benchmarks before launch will simply stall sales. Believe me, if the competition thinks they are out of position, will they just sit back and say "oh well" or will they react? Handing them benchmarks is simply giving them time to form a strategy. I am not in the business of helping them, they are on their own on this one.

Q. Will bulldozer be faster than....?
A. I don't need to finish the question, please read above.

Q. I read on xyz site that you were launching on xxxxx?A. Yeah, and I read on another site that elvis was still alive. The reason I don't comment on date rumors is that there are a limited number of days in the quarter. Once you say no to some, and suddenly say "no comment" or don't answer that one, immediately everyone thinks that is the date. So, no matter how crazy it sounds, you can't answer any of them.

Q. I saw someone selling bulldozer parts online, that must mean the launch is happening, right?A. No. First off, many of the people that are advertising parts for sale ahead of time do not have parts in hand. Buyer beware. If they are selling engineering samples, we will take care of that. Occasionally parts are loaded into disti databases, and if the flag is set wrong, it can flow through EDI to a partner's database and show up online. That does not mean parts are available. Oh, and sometimes distis use planned pricing and part numbers as placeholders, so don't believe what you see. Nobody is allowed to advertise parts ahead of launch.

Q. I know someone who knows someone who has a cousin who lives next to...?A. Ask yourself this. Would you take investment advice from someone like that? If not, put a big grain of salt into those conversations.

Q. Why haven't you guys launched?
A. The key to a successful product is lauching it once you are ready. When you are trying to put hundreds of millions of transistors onto a piece of sand about the size of your thumbnail, there is a lot going on. It's a pretty complicated busines.

Q. Why don't you comment on client stuff? Why don't you get a client guy to post on here?
A. I am in the server world, I comment on my products. I will not comment on their products, because I don't want them commenting on mine. The few times I have ventured into the client world, I have caught flack for my comments. It is not worth the trouble. Based on the filth that seeps into my inbox from a very small segment of the enthusiast world, I can understand why the client people might not want to make their names known. When you are attacked in a vicious way for no reason, and you are doing this on your own time, you start to ask "why bother"?

Q. I see you have <feature x> on server, so we will see that on client too?A. I can't say for sure. We both productize different features based on our customer needs. Wait for the launch to see for sure.

Q. Why aren't you doing an unlocked Opteron so I can do 2P overclock?A. First the market for 2P client systems is tiny, and getting smaller every day. While you would like to buy one, there just aren't enough people to do that. Second, I want to focus my time on servers, client overclocking will not be supported because it takes efforts away from making virtualization and cloud computing better.

Q. If AMD doesn't beat intel in xyz it is the end of the roadA. OK, this is not a question, but enough people make statements like this. AMD is a 40 year old company, not likely.

Q. Is IPC higher on bulldozer? All I care about is IPC.A. IPC is simply a measurement. What if IPC was 2X what it is today, but clock speed was 500MHz. Is that what you want? You are getting double IPC, right? IPC is only one measure. The people that are telling you IPC is the only thing that matters have an agenda. Taking only one measurement, out of context, is like trying to say that a person's weight is all that matters. I weigh 195. Does that make me fat? Does that make me skinny? It is impossible to say unless you know my height. IPC is like weight - it tells you something in context to other factors, but is meaningless on its own.

Q. What about single threaded performance?A. See above. Also, if all you care about is single threaded performance, might I recommend a lovely, inexpensive single core processor for your system?

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

Twitter: @JF_AMD

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
noooo, i just subbed!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
It's funny how leaked benchies always appear when the upcoming product blows away the current champ, but have a tight lid on them when it doesn't, isn't it? This tells you something, doesn't it?

I'm predicting that Bulldozer will be ok, but nothing special and AMD will be forced to price their top processors "competitively". Yet again. :rolleyes:

Honestly it doesn't tell you anything. The Phenom 1 was hyped up like crazy yet it was a flop by all intensive purposes. The Phenom 2 was a home run in the price/performance yet we saw no hype. People sure have such short memory's.

Unlike you, I'm not happy to wait for benchmarks and reviews, I want to do my very own benchmarks, and I need CPUs for motherboard reviews.

But then, JF-AMD answers MY questions, becuase I'm not interested in performance at this ponit..I want to figure that out myself.

I've been saying for ages now no-one should be getting to excited on pre-release info, and to wait for official info; seems redundant to repeat it at this point.

Its the very nature of fanboys and idiots that makes that advice irrelevant. Patience is a virtue they will never have.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I've got a deck of cards, close enough.

Yeah spelling fail on my part lol. Forgive me I'm sending this on 3DS.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Honestly it doesn't tell you anything. The Phenom 1 was hyped up like crazy yet it was a flop by all intensive purposes. The Phenom 2 was a home run in the price/performance yet we saw no hype. People sure have such short memory's.

Me, a short memory? No way man! Now, where was I... :laugh:

Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
http://www.sisoftware.net/?d=qa&f=cpu_amd_bulldozer&l=en&a=

For those who can see it

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QLn9rR2rn5oJ:www.sisoftware.net/%3Fd%3Dqa%26f%3Dcpu_amd_bulldozer%26l%3Den%26a%3D+Sisoftware+Bulldozer&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Last edited:
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I dont pay any attention to launches till the Chip Goes on Sale

Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
I think AMD pays you to post BS information on forums to dilute any real information that may have been leaked. There is so much wrong with that "information" I don't have the time.

Yes, I am paid by AMD to post BS information on forums to dilute any real information that may have been leaked.(They pay me $1,500,000,000,000,000 per year!)

I know the "information", I think you mean benchmarks are BS

I am paid by AMD you know....(I am really not lol)

I posted the benchmarks to show off the flaws(The benchmarks are at fault not Bulldozer)

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1487490-post612.html

more stuff(Read more^)

Last edited:
System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
this will probably get me a warning.... or maybe even a ban but i couldn't resist....

sorry AMD i have been loyal, But those benchies are horrible. I know we have a few days to go yet till we get all the benchies in, but the dead quiet is foreboding, not alluring.

For all the intel boys.... custom avatar.

lol i just realised i missed an N in month!!! who's the retard now lol :D:D

Last edited:
Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
this will probably get me a warning.... or maybe even a ban but i couldn't resist....

sorry AMD i have been loyal, But those benchies are horrible. I know we have a few days to go yet till we get all the benchies in, but the dead quiet is foreboding, not alluring.

More or less waiting for Sandy Bridge Pure on LGA2011
(like my system specs weren't obvious, lul)
Rather not buy a CPU with a zit-like GPU

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6114587542_21df0f21a0_m.jpg

More or less waiting for Sandy Bridge Pure on LGA2011
(like my system specs weren't obvious, lul)
Rather not buy a CPU with a zit-like GPU

You guys can go ahead and wait for Intel whatever, but could you please quit cluttering up this thread with FUD while you do so?

System Name my friends call me Zenny, I make a bad enemy
Processor still computing
Motherboard Naw she aint, she has 2 dachshunds
Cooling I ride motorcycles rain or shine
Memory semi-eidetic, 48 years on-time
Video Card(s) don't need one anymore, but still have a few Polaris
Storage I grew up in Silicon Valley during the '80's and '90's in San Jose, CA
Display(s) 2016 Scout Sixty when I want to look pretty. The females agree.
Case I only roll in old shit. 1963 F100 Unibody
Audio Device(s) JBL Boombox 3, V-MODA Crossfade
Power Supply Ensure, Bacon Jerky, and mineral water
Mouse I hates em. I sets up glue traps for em. Guk!
Keyboard Trying to close a Captains of Crush #3. For 5 years now.
VR HMD Nahmang /Yay Area
Software Hey! My underpants is my business!
Benchmark Scores How much does Mark weigh?
Were you birthed sideways, seronx? Just curious.

Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
You guys can go ahead and wait for Intel whatever, but could you please quit cluttering up this thread with FUD while you do so?

FUD less likely

Crap bentmarks more likely

None of my workloads are in those bentmarks regardless

Were you birthed sideways, seronx? Just curious.

No

System Name my friends call me Zenny, I make a bad enemy
Processor still computing
Motherboard Naw she aint, she has 2 dachshunds
Cooling I ride motorcycles rain or shine
Memory semi-eidetic, 48 years on-time
Video Card(s) don't need one anymore, but still have a few Polaris
Storage I grew up in Silicon Valley during the '80's and '90's in San Jose, CA
Display(s) 2016 Scout Sixty when I want to look pretty. The females agree.
Case I only roll in old shit. 1963 F100 Unibody
Audio Device(s) JBL Boombox 3, V-MODA Crossfade
Power Supply Ensure, Bacon Jerky, and mineral water
Mouse I hates em. I sets up glue traps for em. Guk!
Keyboard Trying to close a Captains of Crush #3. For 5 years now.
VR HMD Nahmang /Yay Area
Software Hey! My underpants is my business!
Benchmark Scores How much does Mark weigh?
Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Ahh, well, we can't exactly trust what you say, can we? :eek:

:shadedshu

I'm waiting for two things

Sandy Bridge-E(I call it Sandy Bridge Pure)
and
Bulldozer

Both are pure CPUs (No GPU components)
Sandy Bridge that came out 6 months is impure I don't want an iGPU(LGA 2011 i7 quad-core is $40~ cheaper without the iGPU)

I have a powerful dedicated graphics card already

I want a CPU not an APU

If Bulldozer is not all that even though my numbers I ripped off several smart people saying it's going to beat the heck out Intel once fully optimized

I would still be waiting...

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
we need a like n not like button for peoples comments n same with topics, aka like they do on Youtube n it be anonymous.

Atleast not having to replace sockets every 2 years like intel does.

:shadedshu

I'm waiting for two things

Sandy Bridge-E(I call it Sandy Bridge Pure)
and
Bulldozer

Both are pure CPUs (No GPU components)
Sandy Bridge that came out 6 months is impure I don't want an iGPU(LGA 2011 i7 quad-core is $40~ cheaper without the iGPU)

I have a powerful dedicated graphics card already

I want a CPU not an APU

If Bulldozer is not all that even though my numbers I ripped off several smart people saying it's going to beat the heck out Intel once fully optimized

I would still be waiting...

I seen on here somewhere the same kind of naming for AMDs product roadmap- Bulldozer Enhanced , so SB-E is enhanced model of the original SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.