• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bulldozer Information Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Coming up in september
Just how is it that Intel will magically raise the prices if AMD fails ? I mean this notion that Intel will raise prices is just bull shit . I hate it when people talk like this . Intel has the largest stake in the CPU market as it is and I fail to see them raising prices so far out of reach of the consumer as to put themselves out of business , Wake up and stop this price war crap I am not buying it .

Monopoly, why wouldn't they, if hypothetically AMD flunked? It's a win-win scenario for them, eventually people will need to buy CPU's and Intel would be the only supplier

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Good GOD the fucking sky is falling ! Intel will raise prices . The end is nigh ! I so hate this BS crap talk . AMD better bring it or they might as well close up shop then ! If AMD doesn't bring it to Intel this time they are DONE FOR GOOD ! Say good by to AMD the only thing they will have is ATI ! Sound about right ? Please ....
IBM will never let AMD die off, they always use AMD as leverage agaist Intel ;)
If Intel had a chance to raise prices, they will and without competition, "THEY WILL" just like they did in the past B4 AMD's Hammer release (Athlon 64)....Anyway who gives a rats behind, I just can't wait to see the REAL Bulldozer in action and on store shelves.....
Monopoly, why wouldn't they, if hypothetically AMD flunked? It's a win-win scenario for them, eventually people will need to buy CPU's and Intel would be the only supplier
I love it when either company releases super fast CPU's, it just makes the other come up with newer designs. It motivates COMPETITION for both companies. Anyhow even MS would not let AMD fail....

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM

Well no not really IBM and VIA also make CPU's .

Good GOD the fucking sky is falling ! Intel will raise prices . The end is nigh ! I so hate this BS crap talk . AMD better bring it or they might as well close up shop then ! If AMD doesn't bring it to Intel this time they are DONE FOR GOOD ! Say good by to AMD the only thing they will have is ATI ! Sound about right ? Please .... Just how many people are they going to reach with a CPU priced at over 2 grand ? Come on there is just an E-Peen out there needing to be stroked . Intel knows this but come on the average joe will NOT buy this crap !

Well I doubt AMD will just vanish if they dont "bring it to Intel", They'd just be forced to offer entry-level CPU's around the market, but enthusiast grade CPU's Intel would thrive on... but then again they wouldn't have a need to follow up on their release date for Ivy or SB-E due to no competition

Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Well no not really IBM and VIA also make CPU's .
And what's the % of IBM and VIA CPU's in the market? They cannot compete with Intel, only AMD can is my point.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Well I doubt AMD will just vanish if they dont "bring it to Intel", They'd just be forced to offer entry-level CPU's around the market, but enthusiast grade CPU's Intel would thrive on... but then again they wouldn't have a need to follow up on their release date for Ivy or SB-E due to no competition

I highly doubt this will be the case . I think AMD will be just fine and they will bring it on with Bulldozer . I just hate this BS talk about Intel will raise prices and the end is near ! It is not going to happen . Even if it does just how many CPU's do you think Intel will sell at 2 grand a pop ? In these hard times I bet there will be very little of them not even enough to justify MAKING them in the first place .

On client market share, they are pretty irrelevant, even you can agree on that
Agreed , But if Intel raises the prices they can PUSH people out of there market right into the other guys just as fast . Cash TALKS bullshit walks . If you think Intel can not PRICE themselves out of the market think again !

My point is there is always going to be a choice no matter what .

I highly doubt this will be the case . I think AMD will be just fine and they will bring it on with Bulldozer . I just hate this BS talk about Intel will raise prices and the end is near ! It is not going to happen . Even if it does just how many CPU's do you think Intel will sell at 2 grand a pop ? In these hard times I bet there will be very little of them not even enough to justify MAKING them in the first place .

Well in the case that bulldozer doesn't disappoint, whether its price/perf ratio or simply just blowing away 2500k, ofcourse not. And 2k a piece also seems drastic, but realistically a price jump of maybe 30-50% could be realistic, considering every OEM PC would also need these cpus and it frankly doesnt make much sense to pay 90% of your OEM pcs worth just for the cpu residing in it. I agree that they wont sell easily at 2k a piece, it would be a rare commodity, but prices would however rise alot for the average joe, if monopoly were to happen

Agreed , But if Intel raises the prices they can PUSH people out of there market right into the other guys just as fast . Cash TALKS bullshit walks . If you think Intel can not PRICE themselves out of the market think again !

My point is there is always going to be a choice no matter what .
Did you know companies today won't touch AMD with a 10 foot pole all due to it's issues it had many years ago. Even today after so much time, they always buy Intel based CPU's. That section in the market is what AMD needs to work hard on, to gain there trust.

I wouldn't mind if the first Bulldozer's don't perform as well as they should, so long as it sticks to the right Price/Performance ratio. Who knows, AMD may need more time to tweak the design seeing how complex it really is.

Did you know companies today won't touch AMD with a 10 foot pole all due to it's issues it had many years ago. Even today after so much time, they always buy Intel based CPU's. That section in the market is what AMD needs to work hard on, to gain there trust.

I have to agree, I can relate to this by many of my gamer-friends, they cannot even relate to AMD in anyway when it comes to CPU's, their only school of though is somewhere along the lines of "Intel=Quality and performance, therefore I will buy Intel since they are the best".

I have to agree, I can relate to this by many of my gamer-friends, they cannot even relate to AMD in anyway when it comes to CPU's, their only school of though is somewhere along the lines of "Intel=Quality and performance, therefore I will buy Intel since they are the best".
That's right, also you got companies along with Goverments such as here the City of Toronto in Ontario, Canada where they only use Intel based notebooks and desktop PC's. I know of other companies which only look for the INTEL brand, some even don't know what an AMD is lol....

That's right, also you got companies along with Goverments such as here the City of Toronto in Ontario, Canada where they only use Intel based notebooks and desktop PC's. I know of other companies which only look for the INTEL brand, some even don't know what an AMD is lol....

Indeed, but I think the big hype about 8-cores on a die is one of AMD's marketing strategies to get it self known again, at least to non-enthusiasts, considering theres only 4 cores on desktops so far, and most people believe more cores= better performance, so a 100% increase in cores, could indeed wake up a couple of people

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
amd is sharing the FP because they plan to eventually phase out the FP part of a processor and move it to the GPU because it can do the calculations much faster. but since that isn't the case today, i don't really consider it a FULL core, maybe 3/4th's to 4/5ths a core haha

False

The Floating Point Coprocessor is being shared to reduce latency

No he's right but I can't find it for the life of me.

Basically, the GPU is going to be integrated in place of the FP unit. Why do you think Graphics Core Next is going to support so many CPU specific features (namely visualization, x64 pointers, etc)?

No he's right but I can't find it for the life of me.

Basically, the GPU is going to be integrated in place of the FP unit. Why do you think Graphics Core Next is going to support so many CPU specific features (namely visualization, x64 pointers, etc)?

Does that mean AMD cpu's only will be compatible with ATI/AMD Graphics?

System Name SolarwindMobile
Processor AMD FX-9800P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G
Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Memory 2 x 8GB SK Hynix/HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF
Video Card(s) ATI/AMD Radeon R7 Series (Bristol Ridge FP4) [ACER]
Storage TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 1TB + KINGSTON RBU-SNS8152S3128GG2 128 GB
Display(s) ViewSonic XG2401 SERIES
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC255
Power Supply PANASONIC AS16A5K
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Keyboard Ducky Channel Shine 3
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Version 1607, Build 14393.969)

But, Fermi already has all of that stuff....AMD is just finally adding it to their GPUs

GPUs will never take place of the Floating Point Coprocessor

CUDA 4.0/4.1 drivers add everything you just said to Fermi

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
But, Fermi already has all of that stuff....AMD is just finally adding it to their GPUs

GPUs will never take place of the Floating Point Coprocessor

CUDA 4.0/4.1 drivers add everything you just said to Fermi

I like your system specs:rolleyes: can it run Final Doom?:p:D:eek::eek:

Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

Some people have short memories.

When Intel was rocking 1000 dollar price tags on its consumer CPU's the market was a fraction of what it is now. The Internet was in its infancy and not every home had some kind of x86 processor. Yet Intel was the go to company and they could price their CPU at anything they wanted. Why? Because they had the supply and the capability to deliver. BEFORE AMD was in the market.

Any company nowadays that could delver an exclusive tech to the communication age ordinated populace can name its price. This isn't about Intel being an evil company. This is about supply and demand. Very basic economics. If Intel or AMD had the only car on the block and you HAD to ride.....what do you think they will charge for said ride? Apple markets almost exclusively to this principle. They market "innovation" and being bleeding edge. Never mind its not true. People pay the premium for the edge. An edge Apple doesn't even have. Do you think Intel being the only kid on the block with a working car wouldn't tax you extra for a ride? A REAL edge unlike a marketed one like Apple?

Unless you believe Intel is above the very principles of economics and human nature? If you believe that I got a bridge to sell ya. :D

Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Well since there is NO real news on this I am done . I am sick of hearing the same crap over and over . Time will tell . AMD better be bringing it on and hard . It has been far too long and the wait has taken it's toll on most . The comments aside all the BS about BD aside AMD has to put up or shut up !

System Name scrapper
Processor Intel i5-6600k @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb ddr4 @3000
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 EVGA SC
Storage 2x 500GB Samsung 850 SSD
Display(s) CrossOver 27" 1440p LG IPS @ 120Hz
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
Motherboard Acer Wasp_BR
Cooling It's Copper.
Case Acer Aspire E5-553G
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
says it will be available this fall, so not too much time left haha

September 22nd begins the fall season to...darn you ShopBLT

But, no reason to trust ShopBLT

Obviously supply and demand draw up a large portion of price and availability. Look at the 3DS and how no one was buying it so the price is now exponentially lower. If Intel was the only major player left making CPUs they could raise prices in order to capitalise on the lack of competition, basically because there is nobody there to force the prices down. Unless lack of demand somehow managed to force down prices.

Although one would think Intel on its own could force prices of its products up Microsoft dont sell their operating system for astonishingly expensive prices and they have almost a monopoly on the PC market.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
almost a monopoly on the PC market.

I would have to say that 98% of all computers run some form of windows . They have a monopoly , They even went to court over this and were found to have said monopoly ! And I still do not see Microsoft charging such a high price that they have forced out the people that put bread on there table . one reason why I do not buy into all this crap about Intel will raise the prices . HELL they can set whatever price they want NOW as NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHAT AMD IS ! OK now I am done . . . . Maybe . . . . . . :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.