• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
steins Gate is unique, and no other anime presented such setting, good characters and story, it has never been done...

I would hesitate to call that unique, but its really well done, and I can think of very few, if any, anime which is as well done as this.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Madoka is not for you then. I find it rather polarising, its either you think its really good, or its just "another magical girl anime which is just popular".

No, it's "another magical girl anime which is just popular because it did something else."

Damn, find me a magical girl anime that has dead people - with serious theme and no panty shot.

None AFAIK.

It's only popular JUST BECAUSE IT WAS DIFFERENT.

Don't accuse me of "not wanting something new" though, I dropped Kimi ni Todoke for the opposite; it's becoming too cliche.

RE: Steins;Gate - can't really say it's a great show when the first few eps are actually quite lackluster. To be great, you have to be great throughout.

More on the "great". I'll use the recent Gundam shows for example. None of them is what you'll call great. Not Gundam SEED, definitely not SEED Destiny, not even 00 and 00 S2 and its movie, only SEED CE73 Stargazer came close. The only great Gundam show of recent years is Unicorn.

Last edited:

helloWorld

System Name My Computer
Processor Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 GHz (24/7 Stable Clock)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe
Cooling Custom Liquid Cooling On CPU
Memory 8 GB (2 x 4GB) AData DDR3 @ 1.6 GHz (24/7 Stable Clock)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 @ 1313 MHz Core / 1507 MHz Memory
Storage 120GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) Crossover 27" IPS @ 2560x1440
Case Dimastech v2.5 Easy
Audio Device(s) On Motherboard
Power Supply Antec HCP 1.2kW
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium w/SP1
Hello guys.

I just recently started getting into watching anime and I chose Full Metal Alchemist. I used to make fun of people for watching "that stuff" (I don't know why I did anymore,) but now I see what I was missing out on :)

Since I have not seen any other anime to make a comparison, I really can't say it is the best, but the story in Full Metal Alchemist is so attractive.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock

I enjoyed it a lot, probably because it was different, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless and it gets my recommendation. Maybe not yours, but it certainly got mine.

RE: Steins;Gate - can't really say it's a great show when the first few eps are actually quite lackluster. To be great, you have to be great throughout.

I started Steins;Gate with nothing to expect other than "the first half of the anime will set the scene for the insanely good second half", and I was not disappointed. Once you finish it you will understand why the first half was done that way, and why its obvious that this is the best and easiest way of presenting the anime.

More on the "great". I'll use the recent Gundam shows for example. None of them is what you'll call great. Not Gundam SEED, definitely not SEED Destiny, not even 00 and 00 S2 and its movie, only SEED CE73 Stargazer came close. The only great Gundam show of recent years is Unicorn.

Gundam Seed was one of the first few anime I watched, and compared to bulls**t I watched (also known as popular American cartoons), it was really good. After rewatching it a few times, my respect for it fell, but it was still a good anime to me. Probably rank lower than quite a few really good ones, but if you want to watch Gundam without committing Seed will be the one I recommend. Gundam Unicorn however, I had to soak up a lot of UC back story before appreciating it, and because of that I cannot recommend it to people other than the ones who are reasonably well versed in the UC timeline.

Last edited:
System Name Hakase
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X @ Stock
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Memory 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000MHz 18-18-18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX1070 Dual
Storage 250GB 860EVO - 2x600GB Cheetah 15k7 - 2x2TB Constellation ES - 2+3TB Green - 500GB Deskstar
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2476-smhd
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Fostex PC100USB > Altec Lansing ATP-3
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight - Razer ExactMat Control
Keyboard Leopold FC750R, MX Blue
Software Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores not benching anymore...
i enjoyed Madoka, but i cant stand to rewatch it again,
its unique, but sad at the same time.

Madoka is one anime that shocked me the most, at first, i was told that is a cute girls anime, which has powers,
im interested in watching it, and, heck, ep. 3 and the last 4 episodes shock me the most,
but a very" nice end, and sad at the same time,

I know why that anime is called Puella Magi Madoka Magica, because if that last episode.

about steins gate, i havent watched it, although its ready to watch.
got too many spoilers here and there,

@helloWorld : what genre you like to watch?
FMA is probably the only shounen anime (apart from InuYasha) that I watch

oh, and probably you shoud watch InuYasha too, its a bit old, but still a classic nonetheless.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
If he wants more anime to watch, I can recommend a few, depending on his preferences:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, story follows the manga a lot closer, and this is a must watch for people who enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist.

Kara no Kyoukai if you like mystery and murder and things like that.

Katanagatari is good "monster of the week" anime.

Nodame Cantabile, School Rumble and Ouran High School Host Club if you want a laugh.

Once you are getting pulled in, the 2nd stage will be Suzumiya Haruhi (setting you up for the excellent movie, just watch the first season and then the movie), Code Geass, Ika Musume, Gosick,

Things which are popular but I will not recommend (you can follow other people's recommendations if you so wish):

Bleach, Naruto and other "long" shounen stuff: its just too damn long! You can start this when you are completely drawn in, but if you have a passing interest, there are better stuff to watch.
Claymore : Ending is not so good.
Elfen Lied : I cannot see what is so good with this anime, its mostly senseless gore and nudity. I am not impressed by the story either.

System Name Hakase
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Storage 250GB 860EVO - 2x600GB Cheetah 15k7 - 2x2TB Constellation ES - 2+3TB Green - 500GB Deskstar
and for lighter comedy anime,
i can quite recommend, K-ON! and K-ON!!, Working, Infinite Stratos,

and i truly recommend you to watch Clannad , both seasons,

System Name Unreal Machine IV
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asrock 570X Taichi
Cooling Noctua U9S
Memory Team UD4-4000 @4000 CL18 1:1
Video Card(s) 5600XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston SSD 240GB + WD RED 4TB + WD Blue SN 550 Nvme 1TB X3
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Case Old school Termalthake xaser III black with lots of noctua 80mm fans
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech G502 hero SE
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
No, it's "another magical girl anime which is just popular because it did something else."

None AFAIK.

Don't accuse me of "not wanting something new" though, I dropped Kimi ni Todoke for the opposite; it's becoming too cliche.

Kimi ni Todoke is rage inducing, a nice watch if you have the patience, usagi drop is a lot more lievelly to watch for ex...

Damn, find me a magical girl anime that has dead people - with serious theme and no panty shot.

Let me try:
Club-to-death Angel Dokuro-chan and Dai Mahou Touge
These two are on the other side of the magical girl scale...

Hello guys.

I just recently started getting into watching anime and I chose Full Metal Alchemist. I used to make fun of people for watching "that stuff" (I don't know why I did anymore,) but now I see what I was missing out on :)

Since I have not seen any other anime to make a comparison, I really can't say it is the best, but the story in Full Metal Alchemist is so attractive.

Nice to have ya here...
My recommendation is that you take a look at my guide on first page, what you need i more shounen like bleach or D.Gray man...

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
How about Hell Girl?

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Back to Shiki again:
It is simply the best horror anime and more no nonsense, the plot is very progressive and it never goes back to fool around, around episode 18 and onwards, it gets very bloody and visceral and it looks almost like the creators are showing us what really is Man's nature...
But more on this further, because at episode 19, Shiki hasn't quite arrived at that point...

Nineteenth Coffin

Osaki finally shows proof of the Shiki's existence; he explains everything in detail and shows how Shiki must be purged using Chizuru as example...
The village is mad with Rage and Osaki invokes the "mushi-Okuri", the ritual of driving the demons out, we latter see the villagers after dawning driving a massacre trough the village, in the between we see some dreadful images, the image of a dead mother holding her rooting child both already in advanced decomposition, Kaori who loved Megumi is now psychologically devastated, it’s terrifying watching her like that, just waiting for her best friend to come and kill her, but when her deceased father enters the house, she immediately reacts when he is right in front of her, she merciless destroys him...
Sunako once again looks very god; her vast wardrobe is worth mentioning as is from most characters, perhaps the best wardrobe or more varied in anime...
I see Sunako as an almost philosophical being, in being and in her speech and it is always worth listening to her…

The end is near but it will come at a huge cost, of Human lives solely...

The music is still one of the strongest points in the story, it always plays the right tune to increase the tension at the best moment, I hear new tunes, Gregorian chants and orchestral music, is played perfectly in the background immersing the viewer, dawning us to the world where the Shiki rise...

Twentieth Mourning

Im not sure anyone is reading this as i posts, but i regret my lack of skill in resuming an episode without much spoiling and keeping it short, because from this episode on, the reviews double in length, to the point i found it hard to blog the last episode when it aired, it was only much latter that i rewatched the episode and did it...
And although this blogs are just reedited\fixed from the originals, the next episode 20.5 a special will be written from scratch, and i have no idea what's in store for me...

The episode starts in the most brutal way in what is a scene of a brutality rarely seen on anime, they continue their raids hunting "shiki" hidden everywhere, pulling them to the light and staking them, there is blood everywhere, the shiki as it seems wont die without fighting back, with Osaki's mother killed by Ookawa's son’s Atsuhi, Ookawa takes it upon himself to exact revenge as is his duty as a father to do so without remorse...
The music is perfect for the moment, always ensuring the tension stays high changing accordingly to the mood...

After losing his loved one, Seishirou decides to go on a hunt himself, hunting humans, like his father once did, it was always his wish to be a shiki and it is his biggest desire to oppress those who oppressed him, Natsuno comes in and stops him, he plans to stop the shiki despite having risen has a werewolf himself...
The music changes again for the castle, to a more eerie and cold chorus, warming a little with Sunako as if invoking sadness…

Elsewhere Ritsuku is still struggling in pain and hungry, but refuses to "kill" someone just so she can continue and live on. Ritsuko manages to save Yasuyo and in the end stays together with Tooru...
This is a very strong scene, it is very sad; it is almost a tragedy...
The music for this part is played on a music box, it invokes sadness, loneliness and isolation, it plays perfectly with Ritsuko’s despair...

There is another part in which Sunako tries to convey her feelings to Muroi, it’s sad to listen to a “child” describing her own death, and how her frail body will probably succumb to the hands of a mighty hunter, hungry for revenge, she is afraid, Sunako is afraid of death, she killed more than any hunter might have and accepts that death is a punishment she deserves, still she is afraid and feels she didn’t do anything wrong, she was just trying to survive by not starving to death…
Is it a sin just wishing to be alive??
Sunako feels like a powerless child and her cry makes us sympathize with her, she's a monster, but we can’t come to hate a child forsaken by God Himself...

The shiki strike again, this time right in the middle of the "hunters", the new enemy looks just as human as any of them and Osaki doesn't accept to kill them, while the others believe traitors must be executed...

While I believe the tension this week didn’t increase from last week, instead, the Twentieth Night is more bloody, and at the same time it is sad, there are moments of rage, satisfaction, sadness and helplessness all in just one episode and even tragedy, like Ritsuko situation and even Sunako's story starts to fell like a tragedy...

Is it truly in Man’s nature to kill and destroy all that is wrong, or all that threatens his own safety??

Many viewer think Shiki gets awful from here on, but it is because they reveal themselves in Man's true nature, that is to destroy all that stands in His way, some viewers cant understand the situation and believe the writers are purposely siding with the Shiki, showing their weak side and how in the end they are just Humans like us and suffer like any person, all while portraying Humans as the real villain, I believe the story is neutral and i like how it develops, because in history, books only tell what people like to see and sometimes that is different from reality

This episode might have a big impact on the viewer, not only for the violence but for the tragedy and for the words spoken...

I never mentioned this before, Seishin, he is a novel writer and writes stories that are similiar to those of old times, like Cain and Abel, and he is quite philosophic and he is the one that narrates the next episode preview, his narrative is always interesting to listen\read...

Edit something:

Mayo chiki is over, Nakaru was the big surprise, damn she looks great without glasses...

Blood c is over, but im not quite sure what i watched, some sort of human blender or something, i mean, shiki looks shy compared with this...
So with this blody mess done with, let me return to shiki's bloody, i mean juicy parts...

Edit 4:
I just busted a gut and had a kidney failure laughing...
The reason is woody and 4chan, courtesy on Sankaku
NSFW and make sure no to laugh to loud...
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/10/01/disney-has-a-lot-to-answer-for/

Edit 5: on the third day

Concerning ep 99 of FT, and just a really small spoiler
This week there was a fantastic fight between Gildarts and Natsu who learned a valuable lesson and Gildarts is seriously op, but he still made up for a good display of strenght with Natsu and even comedy in the midlle of the serious fight, like only Natsu can pull...
Juvia + Lisana vs Erza, a complete one-sided fight with Erza, Erza takes advantage of their strengths and makes it their weekness; Kana and Lucy in charge of fan service this week, the new arc looks greatly animated and fan service is up by a good 50%...

Last edited:

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
BakaTest 2 is actually really good, waiting for Fate/ZERO subs to get to work.

System Name Hakase
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
just finished mayo chiki,
Nakuru is so cute without her glasses, too bad her oppai is to big for my taste.

@djisas : i've opened that link of sankaku, i bursted my gut, and poked holes in my kidney.
that woody figurine is a MASSIVE fail, and i feel so bad of all the figmas he molested.

now, on to rozen maiden traumend

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
Just downloaded appleseed XIII hope its good anime. Will probably watch it tomorrow

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Just downloaded appleseed XIII hope its good anime. Will probably watch it tomorrow

Once you get past the cell shaded animation trauma, it gets great; Scrap that if you watched the movies...

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
Once you get past the cell shaded animation trauma, it gets great; Scrap that if you watched the movies...

will keep that in mind and yes I saw 2 movies

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Watching appleseed for the first time can be weird, it is a unique form of animation that isnt used anywhere, but it makes for good action...
And maaya sakamoto for the lead role...

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
ye true because I have'nt seen any such art style anime before

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Fate\zero:
First episode, a whooping 47 minute long, less and they would loose a lot of impact, i think this is a very strong start and its already looking great...

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
Fate\zero:
First episode, a whooping 47 minute long, less and they would loose a lot of impact, i think this is a very strong start and its already looking great...

Still waiting for subs T.T

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Cooling Noctua U9S
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
commie an pp already did it...
Also bakuman 2 out, for those who care, i dont even know why im going to watch it, sigh...

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I gotta watch blood c... I stopped at episode 10. Just finished episode 50 of fairy tail

System Name Hakase
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
downloading FZ, damn slow internet.

i havent watched FSN or UBW, is it recommended?