• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Cannon
Processor Intel Core i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus Z690-P D4
Cooling Corsair H100i PRO XT w/ Corsair ML120 White LED x2
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual 8GB
Storage 1TB 980 Pro w/Heatsink + 500GB 970 Evo Plus NVMe + 2TB MX500 + 500GB 850 Evo
Display(s) 34” Dell S3422DWG 3440x1440 144hz Curved + 27" Dell U2713H IPS 1440p + Dell P2219H IPS 1080p
Case Corsair 4000X RGB - 3xSP120 ELITE RGB (Front Intake) + 1xML120 White LED (Rear Exhaust)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE + Logitech z623 2.1
Power Supply Corsair RM850x SHIFT
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 || Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores None. Primary uses are browsing, music, gaming (mostly Battlefield & Doom) and virtualization!
That's cool man, I think I know which build you mean, good cause

System Name Beatle _ Juice
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 X (oc 4,2 ghz) 1.325v
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix B450 F
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (twin fans)
Memory 16 gb 3200 Mhz Kingston Hyper X (CL15-18-18)
Video Card(s) ASUS Nvidia Cerberus Gtx 1070ti
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB / Samsung F3 1TB / Kingston A400 240 GB
Display(s) Asus 27 " MG279Q ips 140hz
Case Cooler Master ATCS. 840
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W Focus
Software Windows10 Home Premium 64bit
Wow, I see what you guys with SSD's are talking about now, just installed the new crucial M4...... its f**king lighting! :eek:

Welcome on-board the SSD express train :) :p

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
went to london comic-con today... was pretty cool even tho i NEVER read comics or anime

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
went to london comic-con today... was pretty cool even tho i NEVER read comics or anime

BF3 was more important, so i just stayed in and played since 10am

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX, 3 x NZXT FN 140mm, 1x NZXT FV V2 120mm
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 290 DCII-OC 4GB
Storage corsair mp600 1TB
Display(s) LG 27MB85Z 27" 1440p
Case NZXT Source 340
Power Supply Thermaltake 675w
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit
Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't think it's that good, the number of bugs are almost break the game

And the most retarded thing about the game despite already releasing a 500mb 'day one' patch is that the game is so retardedly broke. its more broken then the god damn beta...

weapons need rebalancing. - Pistols are going to get some serious rebalancing soon as they are 350% more fucking lethal then any other gun in BF3 in close quarters. no joke...you can play a whole game using just a pistol and you'd just rape shit up.

and maps are still as glitchy as hell. METRO is the worst offender. that map is like fucking quick sand - you fall through holes in the floor and you cant get out of it. and that makes RUSH on that map really really stupid as there are supply men on the opposing side who deliberately get them selves jammed under the map near one of the MCOMs so they just mow you down as you run past BECAUSE YOU CANT SEE THEM.

and theres no joystick support as yet....but hey - it works perfectly fine if you can hook an xbox controller upto your pc in place of the joystick.........In an interview done by IGN or Nvidia - Devs said "how hard could it be?" -- Exactomundo Mr Dev - Really how hard can it bloody be! you said that 2 weeks before the game was released, and since its gone gold - you still havent fixed the problem...how hard can it be indeed.

YES - **BrOkEn** in every sence, essence and meaning of the word. For a game that was so hyped up -its still worser then the bloody beta when released.

/rant

Camping and hit detection is still a huge issue with the game. hit detection has improved since the beta. but i still got killed a few times by an RPG that flew around a 45' corner that i was using as cover and killed me anyway as confirmed by my 3 other clan mates who were crouched in front me within kicking distance. None of them died or took any damage despite being in such close proximity - I just suddenly exploded for no reason

blah blah blah moan bitch bitch nag nag moan moan Origin bitch bitch bitch moan battlelog moan moan moan - the usual stuff.

------

the game is still fun despite this but only when youre playing with mates

Last edited:
System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
Well after playing Forza 4 for a a while i thought i'd tell you how it's different from GT5

PRO's
+Some tracks look much better then GT5 (Although the same is true in reverse)
+The game gives you a lot of free cars
+The Kinect head tracking thing works really well
+The game encourages you to stay loyal to manufacturer's by offering free upgrades and lots of cash for manufacture levels
+Photo mode goes up to 8 Megapixels

Con's
-Game has much less cars
-Lots of cars are in fact DLC
-Game borders on being so easy it almost ruins it (i won a race by 18 seconds on the hardest difficulty level in a car the same spec as one of the opponents, and it was only a 3 lap race)
-Jeremy Clarkson is in the game much less then advertised
-The new Autovista mode is actually disappointing, in reality it looks and feels like the photo mode on NFS Underground 2 (for those who remember that)
-The soundtrack is much worse then GT5 and even the old Forza 3
-A lot of the games races revolve around the car classing system which means they all eventually start to feel really similar

Forgot to mention that Forza 4 also has very questionable Physics in on certain maps, although they are quite good on others, not sure why this is

EDIT:I find the bugs in BF3 are largely dependent on the server your on, and whilst i'm talking about those, does anyone else's quick match button keep sending them to empty servers

Double EDIT: Have you had that thing where BF3 keeps pulling you back to the same spot every time you move more then a few feet away from it

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
EDIT:I find the bugs in BF3 are largely dependent on the server your on, and whilst i'm talking about those, does anyone else's quick match button keep sending them to empty servers

Double EDIT: Have you had that thing where BF3 keeps pulling you back to the same spot every time you move more then a few feet away from it

No for quickmatch and yes for the 'pull back' thing...thats one of the main things in the game that gets me killed.

I think its somewhat down to lag - but the only servers i join are only EU ones so my lag cant be that bad.

It tends to happen more if im sprinting across the map. Operation firestorm 64player MP ftw - More players then vehicles which means most of the team spend most of the time sprinting 5mins across the map between capture points. It all gets boring after a while.

I wish they still had commanders in game so you could still request vehicle drops.

The amount of games that come out in the past few months that are really fucked up and broken is ridiculous. Day one patches? MAN was it really that hard to spend another week and make the game playable?

@cheesy- I dont think all the races where stuck to certain classes some of them are like hot hatch races ect. Its always been a bit of a challenge to keep a car in a certain index while improving performance for a certain class or type of race. The 2 games to me felt different; i dont own a PS3 so i buy Forza 4 because thats what i have, you bought GT5 because you have a PS3; whatever im not really a hater i dont think either game is shit i would play either.

My mate refuses to use Libre office because he is "familiar" with excel. I personally think Libre office is just as good if not a tad better, even the layout is similar. My point is, it winds me up when people are just set in their ways like that.

EDIT: LOL same tigger, i was really looking forward to playing BF3 but now im kinda glad ive been forced to wait because my pre order was cancelled. Cheesy i didn't notice the variations you have seen on different tracks, i thought it was pretty consistent but ill give it another go.

Last edited:
System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
@cheesy- I dont think all the races where stuck to certain classes some of them are like hot hatch races ect. Its always been a bit of a challenge to keep a car in a certain index while improving performance for a certain class or type of race. The 2 games to me felt different; i dont own a PS3 so i buy Forza 4 because thats what i have, you bought GT5 because you have a PS3; whatever im not really a hater i dont think either game is shit i would play either.

My mate refuses to use Libre office because he is "familiar" with excel. I personally think Libre office is just as good if not a tad better, even the layout is similar. My point is, it winds me up when people are just set in their ways like that.

i have both consoles so i own both:laugh: , i got to level 44 in the last Forza, and will probably end up somewhere near level 100 in this one, i am also at a significantly high level in GT5

that was just a comparison of the games, i have both, i think they're both great, i just happen to find GT5 a little more interesting at the moment,it's just a lot more polished then Forza 4, which may change if/when they release an update

i don't take sides in racing games, i've owned every single Forza and Gran Turismo title, and most of the NFS titles, and for the most part they were all great

one thing that does irritate me though is the amount of DLC and other stuff (XBOX Live related mostly) Forza requires me to buy, and that makes Forza significantly more expensive in the long run, for questionable benefits

Last edited by a moderator:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I understand what DLC has to offer...but its stupid selling you a driving game with hardly any cars and telling you to buy the rest after you already paid for the game....

Its like going to a car showroom, buying a car and the salesman only gives you the steering wheel, because the car has been dismantled into 'packages' which you need to buy all of them and have some one assemble it for you so you can actually drive it.

Im against DLC like that.
Most of those cars were probably originally part of the game anyway, but they thought they can charge you £5 per car which comes with 2 extra special paint jobs to choose from so people can tell what a colossal idiot you are from the starting line.

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
I understand what DLC has to offer...but its stupid selling you a driving game with hardly any cars and telling you to buy the rest after you already paid for the game....

Its like going to a car showroom, buying a car and the salesman only gives you the steering wheel, because the car has been dismantled into 'packages' which you need to buy all of them and have some one assemble it for you so you can actually drive it.

Im against DLC like that.
Most of those cars were probably originally part of the game anyway, but they thought they can charge you £5 per car which comes with 2 extra special paint jobs to choose from so people can tell what a colossal idiot you are from the starting line.

the worst part is they not only put it in the menu , they even let you get to the buy screen, so after you've decided what car you want, what colour you want it, and how you want to pay for it( you can use Microsoft points of course, because paying money to have a car you'll eventually get given for free is really worth it ).you are redirected to a screen asking how you want to purchase the dlc, and if you want to subscribe to a season pass

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
well... If you could unlock the ALL the cars by getting achievements and stuff then thats fine. fair play if someone wants to jump the queue but i only buy DLC If I really need to or if its cheap.

I bought BC2:Vietnam because it only cost me £5 instead of £10 which it was previously. Map packs - that would depend on the maps themselves, how many maps are there and how much it is - not paying £5 for 3 reskinned maps that originally came out of a much much earlier iteration of the game *cough* CoD *cough* Brecourt *cough*

When i was still putting some serious time into guildwars I used to buy their limited edition costumes time to time during special events. £5-8 a time, but i was bored and some of the costumes looked really really good.

Otherwise, Say no to DLC....Map packs should be FREE and given to players as a thank you for buying the game like they were years ago. At least make it so players can DONATE money instead of just straight out charging for map packs or other DLC.

I'm sure if players thought the DLC was worth their money they would donate.

I recently downloaded a musicians FREE albums (Keith Merrow) I downloaded 3 of his albums and i donated £10 after listening to them a few times.

thats how it should be - If you like the content then please donate.

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
well... If you could unlock the ALL the cars by getting achievements and stuff then thats fine. fair play if someone wants to jump the queue but i only buy DLC If I really need to or if its cheap.

I bought BC2:Vietnam because it only cost me £5 instead of £10 which it was previously. Map packs - that would depend on the maps themselves, how many maps are there and how much it is - not paying £5 for 3 reskinned maps that originally came out of a much much earlier iteration of the game *cough* CoD *cough* Brecourt *cough*

When i was still putting some serious time into guildwars I used to buy their limited edition costumes time to time during special events. £5-8 a time, but i was bored and some of the costumes looked really really good.

Otherwise, Say no to DLC....Map packs should be FREE and given to players as a thank you for buying the game like they were years ago. At least make it so players can DONATE money instead of just straight out charging for map packs or other DLC.

I'm sure if players thought the DLC was worth their money they would donate.

I recently downloaded a musicians FREE albums (Keith Merrow) I downloaded 3 of his albums and i donated £10 after listening to them a few times.

thats how it should be - If you like the content then please donate.

no, it's both, you can buy the dlc to unlock the cars and then pay again to actually buy them

Last edited:

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
Ahhh hard drive prices are raping me :/

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
Ahhh hard drive prices are raping me :/

I was actually planning on going raid soon but I think an ssd is more likely now :(

on a completely unrelated question
does Anyone know how much it costs to rent out a cinema screen for a few hours?

edit:the idea is to rent out a cinema screen, connect up a pc or ps3 and play bf3 or another game on it

Last edited:
I didnt know you had both consoles Cheesy.
Anyway i find that Forza has lots of cars but its mainly quality over quantity, most of the cars in GT5 are premium or standard and standard is ripped right from GT4. To bump up the amount of cars lots of them are just slight differences.

They focused a lot on the lighting this year in Forza, that was a design choice by Turn 10. The mods effect all of the characteristics of the car, an exhaust mod for example will effect the weight and performance characteristics.

Its pretty shitty that Turn 10 make a ton of DLC and make you pay a premium for it, even that they know only a few will buy it. In reality they want you to wait a year and re buy the game of the year with the DLC included. A shitty tactic but its like Borderlands, which ended up cheaper to buy the game of the year with the DLC included, rather than buy DLC separate.

EDIT: The way DLC works in FORZA is you buy the DLC and it unlocks the car in game, you still have to buy the car in game using in game currency but you sometimes get those GIFT cars that they gift to you with cool decals and stuff.

I was actually planning on going raid soon but I think an ssd is more likely now :(

on a completely unrelated question
does Anyone know how much it costs to rent out a cinema screen for a few hours?

edit:the idea is to rent out a cinema screen, connect up a pc or ps3 and play bf3 or another game on it

Nah i dont know if a cinema would let you rent out a screen unless it was a local small cinema. Not even sure if you could hook up a console to a cinema projector, if it had those connections or not i have no idea. Im sure someone would find that really sad but i think it would be fun especially getting split screen on the go. The sound quality interests me more than the actual screens.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
^^^ Merged ....... It's all in a days work :)

On a different note, sold the freebie 570 for £225, bought another 560Ti, namely the MSI Twin Frozr II, now I have only used ATI over the last 3 years but I have to say this card is awesome, faster than my 6970 with the Gelid (flashed from 6950), I run that 24/7 at 920, although it will do 940 for benching, am running this 560 at 1030 and it gives me 6 FPS more in World of tanks with less heat and power consumption for about 70 quid less..... highly recommended, in fact it surpasses stock 570 performance by a bit at these speeds and totally silent.

Last edited:
^^^ Merged ....... It's all in a days work :)

On a different note, sold the freebie 570 for £225, bought another 560Ti, namely the MSI Twin Frozr II, now I have only used ATI over the last 3 years but I have to say this card is awesome, faster than my 6970 with the Gelid (flashed from 6950), I run that 24/7 at 920, although it will do 940 for benching, am running this 560 at 1030 and it gives me 6 FPS more in World of tanks with less heat and power consumption for about 70 quid less..... highly recommended, in fact it surpasses stock 570 performance by a bit at these speeds and totally silent.

The 560ti sounds great.

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
The 560ti sounds great.

£158 for one here http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asu...-bt-shop-online-157-98-shipped-1047499?page=2 if you want to save about £20-£40 on what places like ebuyer are selling it for

and it's Pre-overclocked with a good cooler

Nah i dont know if a cinema would let you rent out a screen unless it was a local small cinema. Not even sure if you could hook up a console to a cinema projector, if it had those connections or not i have no idea. Im sure someone would find that really sad but i think it would be fun especially getting split screen on the go. The sound quality interests me more than the actual screens.

this is where the idea came from

http://imgur.com/VEIbb

LOL there is a thread where someone was complaining about the amount of double, triple and quad posts.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
ive only ever seen a tripple once and ive not come across a quad yet, wouldnt be assed if i did but then people do get wound up by the funniest stuff, ive had many an argument about gramma on ere and my lack there'of

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
LOL there is a thread where someone was complaining about the amount of double, triple and quad posts.

Yeah, i've never actually seen the problem with double or triple post's, it's not as if they take up that much more screen space or something