• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Havok 4.5 Unleashed

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Havok announces today the official release of Havok 4.5, the latest update to its modular suite of artist tools and run-time technology. Fully optimized for Sony PLAYSTATION3, as well as Microsoft Xbox360 and Nintendo Wii, Havok 4.5 dramatically accelerates the development of cross-platform, cutting edge electronic games, meeting the needs of the world's top developers and producers. Havok 4.5 allows game developers to scale game content to thousands of dynamically-driven game objects and characters, harnessing the full power and speed of next generation architectures.

Game developers using Havok Physics and Havok Animation products to develop for PS3 will be able to harness the full power of all the SPUs, while maintaining the complete flexibility of the Havok SDK. Havok architecture now scales strongly across all SPUs and runs between 5 and 10 times faster than Havok 4.0 for a typical game scene on the PS3.

"We made sure that we met our customers' demand for a PS3 optimized version of Havok as soon as possible" says Havok CEO, David O'Meara. Comments Scott Kirkland, Technical Director at Evolution Studios and lead on PS3 exclusive title MotorStorm, "With its unparalleled environmental interaction and spectacular destruction, MotorStorm's brutal, chaotic, off-road racing makes big demands on physics processing. Unphazed by the intense time pressures of our project, Havok rose to this next-gen challenge and provided us with an outstanding suite of professional tools, technology and support to help realize our vision. We're now looking forward to collaborating with the Havok team on future Evolution products".

Optimization for next generation platforms represents one of the largest development tasks ever undertaken by Havok. Havok 4.5's tools and SDK are designed to be modular and open, so they can be integrated easily into existing production pipelines, reducing the overall iteration time needed to create immersive game-play experiences and special effects. The Havok 4.5 suite is backed by expert support and professional services, leveraging the experience of almost 200 commercially released Havok-powered game SKUs.

Adds Havok's David O'Meara, "The launch of Havok 4.5 represents the culmination of many thousands of man hours for the Havok development team. We've worked really hard to ensure that Havok technology is optimized for the next generation console platforms, and we've been really excited by the results. Havok 4.5's ability to allow developers to massively scale game content will make it possible to develop even more compelling, realistic and complex worlds that harness the full power of new generation architectures."

Havok 4.5 enhances Havok's industry-leading game-play physics and animation products (Havok Physics and Havok Animation). It also brings to new levels Havok Behavior, which accelerates development of sophisticated interactive character behaviors, and Havok FX, which delivers an unprecedented level of physically-based "special effects" phenomena. The combined 4.5 solution represents a best-of-class SDK and tool set that puts power and flexibility in the hands of today's leading game developers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Well, I think the Wii is likely to get left out when it comes to most multi-platform games. It doesn't have the same power as the PS3 and Xbox, so the graphics would need to be scaled down, although Havok may obviously be able to do that.

But I'm not complaining - the Wii is likely to have its own special genre of games, not the typical ones. Even if it does share part of a series, it will probably be like SSX Blur and be quite different to the other versions.

Carcenomy

System Name Project T - the computer I've never finished!
Processor Intel Core2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Zalman 9500AM2 with 9500AT fan on CPU, Zalman VF1000 on both GPUs
Memory 4GB Corsair XMS2 Pro DDR2-800
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTS250 OC'd 1GB w/ stock Zalman VF1050 x2 in SLI
Storage A-Data S592 64GB SSD and 2x 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA2 in RAID0
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2433wm
Case 1997 Macase SuperMid tower. Vertical hinge sides, custom mesh front, open air path, fan controller.
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Elite Pro PCI
Power Supply Silverstone Decathlon DA750
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Hasn't been benched.
How would you know Wii is weaker? Nintendo don't like sharing what's inside - all we know is it's a PowerPC derivative CPU and an ATi GPU... Funnily enough, that sounds just like the 360... ;) I haven't looked for any 'Wii pulled apart' pages or anything though, which should have popped up by now. Last time I was looking for specs it hadn't been released yet.

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
How would you know Wii is weaker? Nintendo don't like sharing what's inside - all we know is it's a PowerPC derivative CPU and an ATi GPU... Funnily enough, that sounds just like the 360... ;) I haven't looked for any 'Wii pulled apart' pages or anything though, which should have popped up by now. Last time I was looking for specs it hadn't been released yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

the Wii is comparable in spec to the old xbox.

Carcenomy

Case 1997 Macase SuperMid tower. Vertical hinge sides, custom mesh front, open air path, fan controller.
The Wiki simply says 'IBM PowerPC 'Broadway'' and 'ATI 'Hollywood''. That doesn't suggest much at all. REPORTEDLY clocked at whatever means diddly. Especially considering a PPC running at 729MHz would LUNCH a Pentium III 733 a la original Xbox.

overcast

Processor AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7ghz Stock Voltage
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling Stock Opteron
Memory OCZ PC4000 EB Platinum 2GB
Video Card(s) ATI X1900XTX
Storage 2 x Western Digital 74gb Raptors
Display(s) NEC 990B 19"
Case Antec P150
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic S12-500
Software XP 32bit

you have GOT to be joking.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

C'mon, I hope you didn't say this just to try to start an argument. Anyone can find specs on any newer console with no more than 5-15 minutes of research by using the machine that you wrote your stupid reply with. Try searching any console on the search engine of your choice and see what you find. Carcenomy, only YOU have the power!!!

Carcenomy

I said that because even though Ninty deliberately set the res out of the Wii to 480p and no higher, it doesn't suggest anything about how fast the machine actually is internally. A CPU codename (especially an IBM one) doesn't tell you much.

System Name The Money Sink
Processor Intel i7-5960X at 4.60Ghz
Motherboard MSI X99A Godlike
Cooling Custom watercooling loop, single D5 -> CPU, dual D5 -> GPU's
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) 2 x 1080Ti @ Stock for the moment (40oC LOAD)
Storage 960GB Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe and 2 x 512GB M.2 SSD RAID0
Display(s) Dual Curved LG 34" Display
Power Supply EVGA 1600W G2
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores ALOT

:p

chame

"Fully optimized for Sony PLAYSTATION3, as well as Microsoft Xbox360 and Nintendo Wii"

That sounds strange for me, fully, FULLY (you know) optimized for all consoles :nutkick:

Wii is outside the game in terms of performance, maybe 1.5 times an xbox? , but who cares, gameboy monochrome won the battle after all...

Carcenomy

I don't think it's terribly strange at all... all three utilize PowerPC architecture. It's not like the old days of one running an m68k, one running a MIPS and one running an Intel... they're all using IBM/Freescale processing systems that stem from the POWER line.

I still don't believe the Wii is too far off - unlike Microsoft and Sony who were having the old penis size comparison (much like American car manufacturers in the 70s) Nintendo have used the same base platform as the other two as far as CPUs go, and the same base platform as Microsoft as far as GPUs go.

In any roads, having infinite power even wouldn't make a console good - it's the games on it. Hell I still prefer games on a classic A500 than the terrible crap we have now. At least back then the code was clever to make the absolute most of the power at their disposal, and it was ALL about game play. It had to be FUN, not just pretty.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This is sweet. And if those are Wii game screen shots, those are beautiful. I dont see them lagging in graphics really.

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu