• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wheres all the LGA2011 motherboard reviews?

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Too late, I bought my Asus X79 Pro. The RIVE was way too OTT for me and the deluxe was priced too high compared to the Pro for what it offered.

That's my review.

:p

cadaveca

My name is Dave
There's a whole mess of motherboards out on the market already but no reviews here @ tpu?

Computer Hardware, Motherboards, Intel Motherboar...

Will we have LGA2011 reviews here @ tpu?

Waiting for CPU(Which has been shipped to me already). Have had boards and ram since weeks before the launch. Ask Intel why they didn't send me a sample CPU, and you'll have your answer as to why I haven't posted any board reviews.

If I had to wait for local retail release of chips, it'd be even longer. Joys of being an independant reviewer.

Processor 2500k
Motherboard Asrock Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16G Corsair Vengence
Video Card(s) XFX 390 DD BE
Storage OCZ Agility3 / F1 1tb
Display(s) Hazro HZ27WC 2560x1440 / x3 BenQ G2222HDL Eyefinity - 5760x1080
Case Fractal Design Define XL
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Edifier RT1600
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700W
Waiting for CPU(Which has been shipped to me already). Have had boards and ram since weeks before the launch. Ask Intel why they didn't send me a sample CPU, and you'll have your answer as to why I haven't posted any board reviews.

If I had to wait for local retail release of chips, it'd be even longer. Joys of being an independant reviewer.

what boards do you have :O
give hint of whats to come ?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

ECS X79R-AX

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5

I am expecting samples from Biostar and MSI as well.

Will have CPU tomorrow for sure. Just missed the courier today while picking my son up from pre-school. Gonna be a busy weekend. ;)

Processor 2500k
Motherboard Asrock Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16G Corsair Vengence
Video Card(s) XFX 390 DD BE
Storage OCZ Agility3 / F1 1tb
Display(s) Hazro HZ27WC 2560x1440 / x3 BenQ G2222HDL Eyefinity - 5760x1080
Case Fractal Design Define XL
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Edifier RT1600
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700W
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

ECS X79R-AX

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5

I am expecting samples from Biostar and MSI as well.

Will have CPU tomorrow for sure. Just missed the courier today while picking my son up from pre-school. Gonna be a busy weekend. ;)

these dam courier i bet he waited outside house for you to leave then ran up and dropped a note off

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
You guys have no formal Intel contacts for a site this big? Wow... I would imagine just the TPU name would accomplish that...

Anyway, I cant wait to read your reviews cad.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Nah, I have enough packages every week from doing reviews, plus my own business, that i know all the courier drivers pretty well, well enough that I usually chat with them for a couple minutes when they show up, rather then them just dropping a box off and running away. He is at my house nearly the exact same time every day, but I had to run and get my son from preschool, and couldn't wait the 5 extra minutes. I cannot give these guys enough credit for being exceptionally great to me. Everyone has horror stories about package deliveries, but not me, at least, not in the past couple of years.

Already started testing, BTW, got the CPU today, again, 11am this morning he was at my door.

You guys have no formal Intel contacts for a site this big? Wow... I would imagine just the TPU name would accomplish that...

Anyway, I cant wait to read your reviews cad.

Honestly, I cannot fault TPU for that, at all. The problem lays in that I myself am still relatively new to the review scene in this capacity, and TPU isn't the first name to think of for board reviews for these companies...yet.

That said, I have a 3960X ES for testing boards and memory. Maybe next time we'll have launch-day reviews, but even then, I prefer to wait a few weeks after launch so the majority of bugs that are always present on new products are ironed out. As a relatively new site for board reviews, I'm pretty impressed with how well it is actually working out.

Last edited: