• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
"Pushed" the server? It changed maps if that's what you mean.

I'm thinking I should maybe experiment in an unranked server. Do unranked servers have the 4 player minimum?

Edit: I checked an unranked TDM server and it required 8 players minimum.

Last edited:
System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
changed maps AND allowed you to play, right?

all servers by default will have an 8 player min. it's in the settings to change but the software ignores it :banghead:
so whenever it resets, someone has to log into the cp and change the minimum players, and "push" the map so that it then allows the new minimum to take affect, allowing less than 8 people to start a server.

yeah those deaths add up, but idk of any good unranked servers, and chances of an empty one allowing you to practice are slim. i just took the deaths as incentive to learn faster ;)

Wow, the rank 0 weapons suck. Is that a G3? M4 is okay but bad at range and poor on stoping power. Give me a BB gun and I'll pester someone to death with it though so it's all good.

Anywho, sitting in the TPU server and discovering four players are needed to do anything. This makes me sad. :(

Edit: Oh, is it just me, or are the supressors in the game cartoonishly small? It takes more than 3 inches to silence a .45 pistol...

Edit: That's fantastic! I'm sitting here looking at an Apache, with no way to go to it. I know I'm going to need flight lessons (or at least prove to myself flying is a bad idea unless I'm in the gunner seat).

Actually most of the "starter" weapons will end up above average or the best.

The M4 imo is the best engineer weapon. You only need to add the grip and it's good to go.

System Name Something Esoteric 2
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS Prime B650-Plus
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360MM AIO
Memory 64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000Mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus RTX 3090 OC 24GB
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB NVMe
Display(s) 2 x Dell S2721DGF IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Samsung Buds2 Pro, SteelSeries Siberia 800
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P3 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X6
Software Windows 11 Pro
Wow, the rank 0 weapons suck. Is that a G3? M4 is okay but bad at range and poor on stoping power. Give me a BB gun and I'll pester someone to death with it though so it's all good.

The M4 imo is the best engineer weapon. You only need to add the grip and it's good to go.

Yeah, wth are you smoking FordGT? The M4 is one of the more accurate carbines, especially at range with a quick scoping sight. I have over 1000 kills with the thing! (Though it keeps putting them under the profile for the M4A1... NOT the gun I'm using...)

Balance Tweaks
Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines.

Is it just me or is this the most horrendous blemish on an otherwise decent and desirable patch??

I'm all for not having infinite mines, but couldn't the 20 seconds be increased to say, 2 minutes? Or even better (and my original thought), just have the mines Live Time count down from a set duration of say 5 minutes, completely seperate from the Mine layers life and death.

I don't use AT mines at all really, but if the way this wording implies it to be, this will be horrible for every mine using Engineer in the game because they'll essentially be held hostage by their mine field. They get to a prime spot, drop 6 or so, and suddenly they're Mr. Cowardly Cat, proning through the bushes everywhere, lest they get picked off by an errant sniper and have to set their minefield up again.

It seems like such a dumb move to have entire minefields disappear just cause some hostile soldier got lucky.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
changed maps AND allowed you to play, right?

all servers by default will have an 8 player min. it's in the settings to change but the software ignores it :banghead:
so whenever it resets, someone has to log into the cp and change the minimum players, and "push" the map so that it then allows the new minimum to take affect, allowing less than 8 people to start a server.

yeah those deaths add up, but idk of any good unranked servers, and chances of an empty one allowing you to practice are slim. i just took the deaths as incentive to learn faster ;)
Sorry, I got distracted by co-op. XD

No, it didn't allow me to play. It still said "waiting for players... 3."

Does it have sights better than iron sights? I hate iron sights (gun blocks out too much of hte view). If it doesn't have any enhanced sights, it needs that too. XD

I did Easy co-op fearing I'd get a n00blet, which I did. It became very apparent on the sniper mission when most of his hits weren't headshots and he always jumped the gun (took a shot either too soon so I couldn't get a fix on the other guy or shot a guy leaving me to the kill the guy I can't even see). In the helicopter mission, he kept trying to attack with the pilots rockets instead of proving a stable platform for me to shoot. Then again, I can't really complain because when I was the pilot the first time, I basically flew us into the ground. XD I got my key bindings sorted and it was all good then. Bless his heart for waiting for me.

Three things a gun must have for me to even consider it:
1. Some kind of non-ironsights, preferably thermal (exception to this rule being shotguns).
2. Single shot fire.
3. At least a 30 round clip (exception to this rule being shotguns and snipers).

I think I only died 5 times throughout the whole thing--three of which was those knifers, two of which I didn't even see. The other 2 times was because I was using risky cover in order to get better shots. I think I'm good to go for hard if I can find someone to voice com with.

302 kills, 107 head shots, 37 assists, 7 vehicles destroyed, 9 savior kills, 3 revives, 0 avenger kills. Co-op doesn't keep track of accuracy. :(

Oh that's BS. I see some unlocks (like M4A1's "Ballistic (12x)" sight) that are only available to DICE employees.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Sorry, I got distracted by co-op. XD

No, it didn't allow me to play. It still said "waiting for players... 3."

Does it have sights better than iron sights? I hate iron sights (gun blocks out too much of hte view). If it doesn't have any enhanced sights, it needs that too. XD

I did Easy co-op fearing I'd get a n00blet, which I did. It became very apparent on the sniper mission when most of his hits weren't headshots and he always jumped the gun (took a shot either too soon so I couldn't get a fix on the other guy or shot a guy leaving me to the kill the guy I can't even see). In the helicopter mission, he kept trying to attack with the pilots rockets instead of proving a stable platform for me to shoot. Then again, I can't really complain because when I was the pilot the first time, I basically flew us into the ground. XD I got my key bindings sorted and it was all good then. Bless his heart for waiting for me.

Three things a gun must have for me to even consider it:
1. Some kind of non-ironsights, preferably thermal (exception to this rule being shotguns).
2. Single shot fire.
3. At least a 30 round clip (exception to this rule being shotguns and snipers).

I think I only died 5 times throughout the whole thing--three of which was those knifers, two of which I didn't even see. The other 2 times was because I was using risky cover in order to get better shots. I think I'm good to go for hard if I can find someone to voice com with.

302 kills, 107 head shots, 37 assists, 7 vehicles destroyed, 9 savior kills, 3 revives, 0 avenger kills. Co-op doesn't keep track of accuracy. :(

Oh that's BS. I see some unlocks (like M4A1's "Ballistic (12x)" sight) that are only available to DICE employees.

To me any gun with an IR scope and a foregrip is a good gun in this game.

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
To me any gun with an IR scope and a foregrip is a good gun in this game.

Anybody throwing bullets @ your chest and face in BF3 is deadly.

Every gun can be mastered and used to demolish someone in BF3

anything full automatic or even 3-2 round burst can shoot enough bullets at you and get a kill in 2-1 seconds flat. Even the pistols (revolvers massive damage).

Guns start to show their weakness at more intensive range, that is why there are huge amounts of scope unlocks for everything automatic. Even shotguns slugs/frag rounds.

That where a snipe shines, but I have been known to disprove that very easily with snipers.

Give me a SV98/M40A5/M98B(L96 coming) with a Strait bolt/Silencer/Reflex sight on any medium/short range maps and I will get the job done seriously.
I have gotten 300-400 marksmen bonus, with Silencer and Reflex site already, insane jackpot shots. (Both @ Operation Firestorm).

Its a bit slower to rank up on console with Bf3 because of less manned servers.

Already at my second Recon class star, grabbed the game 10-5 days ago but it was worth it.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I agree with you, except the fact that sniping is boring and in many cases useless for squad based combat. I prefer taking the fight to the enemy, capturing their bases, etc., not sitting/laying behind a rock.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
I agree with you, except the fact that sniping is boring and in many cases useless for squad based combat. I prefer taking the fight to the enemy, capturing their bases, etc., not sitting/laying behind a rock.

yeah i would have had to agree with you the first few weeks when the game came out, I would always run in and and take it to them. However now once i figured out sniping its much more fun. However, if you look at the my stats still shows that i am more of an engineer and support type. Good thing about snipers though is that from far away they can spot things and take the UAV up and do the spotting as well

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
Yeh I snipe but I am never the one behind the rock, Pisses me off sometimes :laugh:

On metro station with a sv98, I decimate anybody in my sights (reddot Reflex)

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
On metro station with a sv98, I decimate anybody in my sights (reddot Reflex)

Ah yeah, I've done that a few times. Not so bad. In Metro I prefer assault. You need to heal and res. to keep your tickets up in that bottlenecked death map.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Ah yeah, I've done that a few times. Not so bad. In Metro I prefer assault. You need to heal and res. to keep your tickets up in that bottlenecked death map.

that or you can reverse it take a M249 or a M60 and take down their tickets!!!

Oh and erocker, chaoticG8R, cadaveca, ufgy, MT Alex and Gunny I have finally ordered the adapter to be able to use my Xbox mic so you will finally not have to worry about my text messages in TS/or In Game.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Guns start to show their weakness at more intensive range, that is why there are huge amounts of scope unlocks for everything automatic. Even shotguns slugs/frag rounds.
That's why I'm odd. Full auto and burst fire modes drive me insane because I don't want to send more rounds than necessary to do the job. Additionally, I want every round to be aimed, not just the first. By being so used to the single round mindset of firing, it really doesn't matter how near or far the target is--nothing changes except the amount I lead the target.

Because of this, my ideal weapon is a 600 yard assault rifle with a 4x scope. Good for engaging pretty much everything except the most distant targets. A gun for 90% of situations is better than a gun for 20% of situations. High-zoom optics are a hinderance most of the time.

I don't like bolts though. I need a bullet chambered when I need it, not when the gun is ready to give it to me. It vastly increases my combat effectiveness.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
that or you can reverse it take a M249 or a M60 and take down their tickets!!!

I do use those, but only if it's a stalemate at B on Metro and if there are enough assault medics already. Camping with the M249 equipped with an IR scope and a bipod is almost unfair.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
I do use those, but only if it's a stalemate at B on Metro and if there are enough assault medics already. Camping with the M249 equipped with an IR scope and a bipod is almost unfair.

oh i dont use the IR scope. I do use a bi pod, but i dont sit and camp i move around to certain areas and face where there are a lot of people coming through. Hot zones :D

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I love campers. They make nice, stationary targets for clean headshots. :D

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Anyone using a 580 1.5gb that runs this 1980x1680 ultra settings ? Do you run out of vmem I do on my 570 :p

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Man they nerfed the stingers and made it worthless. Now choppers just flying circles around flags and cause all kinds of annoyance.
Caspain Border and Operation Firestorm were my favorite maps. Not with this new patch they aren't.

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Sup Guys, I'm at it again.

Find out Which Myths are confirmed this time!

Can you explain what happened with the 2x flares on the helo? It looks like only 1 flare happened. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
so i was having an issue with logging into Origin.. kept getting stuck at the Validation Screen.. could never log in would never work.. i tried everything from port forwarding to reformatting and the solution came after all these steps were taken.. turns out i needed to update my bios to read my cpu correctly (which i upgraded from a athlon II 435 to a 1100T just recently) and since i did the new change i never could log in.. but updating my bios worked and fixed my problem.. i will now get backo on schedule and start playing a lot more.. see you guys online and in TS. thanks again for those who helped me fix this problem and trouble shooting.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Status
Not open for further replies.