• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kingston HyperX Beats Three World Records

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Kingston Technology Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced that the Romanian overclocking team, Lab501 achieved three new world records with the world's fastest dual channel memory kit, the Kingston HyperX KHX2544C9D3T1FK2/2GX, during a live overclocking session.

The three new records for RAM modules were set on the 3rd of December 2011, by Matei "Matose" Mihatoiu, Tudor "Monstru" Badica and Razvan "Micutzu" Fatu, the three Romanian overclocking champions from the world renowned Lab501 team. The records were achieved in an overclocking event organized in the eMAG showroom in Bucharest, Romania, in front of approximately 100 overclocking enthusiasts and two local TV crews.

The highest record was achieved with CAS 10 (Column Address Strobe Latency) 3600 MHz, now standing as the world's highest memory frequency using DDR3 SDRAM. During the same event, the Lab501 team also managed to achieve the world records for CAS 9 with 3479 MHz and CAS 8 with 3275 MHz, using liquid nitrogen to cool the modules down to -196°C.

For more information, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
ok ... oc... at 3600mhz... and same real benck?

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk D4
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Deathstalker Pro
WTF is the point? You can't run that speed 24/7. I really really do not understand the point behind this extreme OCing when you can't manage to run the system more than 20 mins without smoking it.

We had an event at the store and while it was cool, I really do not see the point behind it at all.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
WTF is the point? You can't run that speed 24/7. I really really do not understand the point behind this extreme OCing when you can't manage to run the system more than 20 mins without smoking it.

We had an event at the store and while it was cool, I really do not see the point behind it at all.

I don't know why people always come into topics like this and ask such questions.
It's a world record it's not meant to be a 24/7 usage, is the car that broke the sound barrier on land in use everyday?

The point is that they set a new world record, had fun and went home with a smile.

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10

The point? PASSION, just PASSION and devotion to what someone likes :)

nINJAkECIL

Processor i7 3770K@4.7ghz
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD65
Cooling Thermalright Venomous X black
Memory V-GEN 4x4GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX-560Ti
Storage Crucial M4 64GB | WD Green 1TB | Seagate 1TB | Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Viewsonic VA2013WM
Case Corsair Carbide 400R
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2ZS Platinum
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win7 x64
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=371985
Kudos to team Lab501.

Haters gonna hate.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
The point? PASSION, just PASSION and devotion to what someone likes :)

That's exactly it. This sort of stuff doesn't appeal to me any more, but over the years it's become pretty obvious that the guys that go for extreme clocks, generally, aren't "gamers".

The dedication and passion put into acheiving world records is quite similar to an elite Starcraft player, yet both are small parts of the relatively small PC-enthusiast community, so there's ALWAYS going to be people that say "what's the point".

The only thing that kind of irks me is that you generally spend some time killing hardware when you go to this extreme. I wonder how ram kits died for this achievement? If they did it without killing anything, then it's really something to brag about.

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
Anyone know how much ram voltage they set, or expect voltage
im sure they set high voltage cuz they use AMD cpu.

nINJAkECIL

Processor i7 3770K@4.7ghz
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD65
Cooling Thermalright Venomous X black
Memory V-GEN 4x4GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX-560Ti
Storage Crucial M4 64GB | WD Green 1TB | Seagate 1TB | Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Viewsonic VA2013WM
Case Corsair Carbide 400R
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2ZS Platinum
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win7 x64
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=371985
The only thing that kind of irks me is that you generally spend some time killing hardware when you go to this extreme. I wonder how ram kits died for this achievement? If they did it without killing anything, then it's really something to brag about.
And how many of any record-breaker attempt successful without sacrificing anything, tho?I bet those land-speed record blows up many engine in the process.
You just don't know whether you apply too much voltage or insufficient voltage, until you experienced something's wrong.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Sure, I agree. But with people coveting high-end parts, to see them killed to set a record can be upsetting.

When it comes to memory, I'd much rather see the OEMs openly marketing how they do their binning, and what hte best sticks out of that bin can do. For example, Corsair kinda does this already with the GTX-level of sticks. you want the best ICs Corsair has, you buy GTX sticks. With the rest of the OEMs, it's almost a crap shoot.

Most also don't consider that the $250 kits we buy cost the OEMs like $25. To me, that's not alot, so I love to see these guys pushing the limits. Spending $200 on 8 kits to get a WR is TOTALLY worth it. Unfortunately, the other $5000 worth of stuff you need makes such attempts impossible for most.

System Name As Himself
Processor 2700X
Motherboard Asrock 370X ThaiChi
Cooling Custom Liquid
Memory 4133MHz Team
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Storage Samsung 512 SSD's
Display(s) Asus "24 144Hz
Case Tt P5
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence One Muses/Sparkos
Power Supply EVGA 1200
Mouse RAT ProX
Keyboard Drop CTRL
Software W10 steam futuremark

do olympic runners sprint EVERYWHERE they go???

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
That's exactly it. This sort of stuff doesn't appeal to me any more, but over the years it's become pretty obvious that the guys that go for extreme clocks, generally, aren't "gamers".

The dedication and passion put into acheiving world records is quite similar to an elite Starcraft player, yet both are small parts of the relatively small PC-enthusiast community, so there's ALWAYS going to be people that say "what's the point".

:toast: same page here...Just a thought....couldnt one achieve these speeds on most ANY brand of "high performance" memory with liquid nitrogen?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
:toast: same page here...Just a thought....couldnt one achieve these speeds on most ANY brand of "high performance" memory with liquid nitrogen?

Not really. PCB and IC choices and IC binning play a large role, I think. Like, maybe one OEM tests their ram at a given speed more aggressively than another, leading to parts with the same "settings" stronger from one OEM to the next.

Ples, many OEMs wil change the ICs contained within the DIMM itself, and still use the same model number, while others change model numbers or have other markings that indicate the brand of IC.

Because DIMMs are made up from multiple memory IC's, there are many factors that can play a role in what one can expect buying similar ram seen in demonstrations like this. For all we know, Kingston binned a million sticks to find these...or maybe the first four sticks were golden...

Technically, yes, using the same type of IC on a similar PCB with the same supporting components might lead to similar results. Technically, change the CPU used, and the results will be very different too, so there's not even any point in speculating, really, to me.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore