• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quad 7990's Game Rig

First, thanks for responding. Second, the p4 I mentioned was the 1st computer I ever built. The pentium 4 was the first processor made by intel that had the hyper technology. That was years ago. I mean like "dinosaur" years ago, lol .
It was no where near a super game rig or anything. Same hardware from day I built that machine is still in it except I added a water cooler to the maturing processor and added a 9500gt video card.

The machine is still working beautifully, but can't really play todays games. After all, it only has 4 gigs memory, has the D915GAG Intel board and runs XP home edition. It's a decent machine for streaming movies on and checking mail. My game rig I built that I use currently has 2 5970's in it that's on Intel's DX58SO extreme series board. I have 12 gigs memory installed, 1000 watt corsair psu, all fans are fluid bearing.It illuminates blue .

Everything is water cooled. The case that houses my hardware is Antec's twelve hundred v3 .I really love this case. I have 2 SSD's, and 1 2 terabyte drive for storage. Then I have NZXT's fan and temp. monitor. I'm not happy with the monitor because of to many issues, but nzxt won't rma it out.But over all it's a sweet machine, but time for a complete major upgrade now :) Once I have my new one built, I will upload pictures and perhaps short video of my new rig thats in process of being built :)

Anne

4 7990s are not going to be enough to run the latest games on 6 monitors at 2560x1600 in 3D.

My suggestions for your super rig: (This machine is going to blow your current P4 9500GT monster system out of the water!)

Assuming you possibly have friends in the industry that are willing to develop the last two for free we are talking anywhere between $24,930 and $624,930.

If money is not a limiting factor I'd say you've got a killer upgrade on the horizon!:rockout:

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
you cant use 2 3960x cpus in a dual cpu board. it wont boot. you have to use xeons which arent even released yet.

happy

System Name HAPPY
Processor i7-2600
Motherboard ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3
Cooling CORSAIR CAFA50 (CPU)
Memory 4GB 1333mhz
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI
Storage HITACHI 160GB 7200RPM HDT721016SLA380 & 5 IDE 250GB WD HDD
Power Supply Corsair 650 TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
So if you want to boot up your windows super lightning fast. I suggest raiding 20 ssds. Sadly, I can't find that video on youtube. It was ridiculously fast how it transferred a 2 or 4 gb movie in a second.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
So if you want to boot up your windows super lightning fast. I suggest raiding 20 ssds. Sadly, I can't find that video on youtube. It was ridiculously fast how it transferred a 2 or 4 gb movie in a second.

4 ssds is plenty fast though. anything over 1gb/s is faster than you can tell with your eye.

happy

System Name HAPPY
Processor i7-2600
Memory 4GB 1333mhz
Once I have my new one built, I will upload pictures and perhaps short video of my new rig thats in process of being built

OHHH:p:p. I really want to see this build and really want to see the sick benchmarks. Now try playing GTA IV at SUPERSUPERULTRA settings with everything on!!!!:D:D

happy

System Name HAPPY
Processor i7-2600
Memory 4GB 1333mhz
4 ssds is plenty fast though. anything over 1gb/s is faster than you can tell with your eye.

Yea, but come on. Money isn't a problem, and why not have more storage at super fast access speeds.

No worries, I'm not holding back. I'm wanting to build the fastest machine possible known to man, and hopefully be the first female to have it . :) I've wanted to do this for a long time, and now finally going to . Friends think I'm crazy, but they don't game or love technology as I do.So makes a difference. :)

Yea, but come on. Money isn't a problem, and why not have more storage at super fast access speeds.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
this isnt about bashing the OP and telling them they are crazy. tell em what would be somewhat resonable. but you cant... you guys would rather be jerks than helpful in any way. keep your comments to yourself if you cant help someone.

yeah this person has an over the top idea but so did i. and i showed you that its possible no matter what. i took alot of you guys being dicks to me for a long time, whether it be jelousy or whatever you want to call it, its not called for. i didnt have the money... i worked my ass off to get things by bartering, reviewing products and trading items to get what i wanted. this person has the money but dont you wish you had the money to get whatever you wanted?

perhaps thats why you say you'd get 20ssds... thats your want. but its not needed and neither is your sarcastic remarks.

try to be more helpful and a little less rude.

happy

System Name HAPPY
Processor i7-2600
Memory 4GB 1333mhz
this isnt about bashing the OP and telling them they are crazy. tell em what would be somewhat resonable. but you cant... you guys would rather be jerks than helpful in any way. keep your comments to yourself if you cant help someone.

yeah this person has an over the top idea but so did i. and i showed you that its possible no matter what. i took alot of you guys being dicks to me for a long time, whether it be jelousy or whatever you want to call it, its not called for. i didnt have the money... i worked my ass off to get things by bartering, reviewing products and trading items to get what i wanted. this person has the money but dont you wish you had the money to get whatever you wanted?

perhaps thats why you say you'd get 20ssds... thats your want. but its not needed and neither is your sarcastic remarks.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. But then again, the OP said money is not a problem. So I really don't see why raiding ok well 20 might be excessive, but I took that out of example from the video clip. The reason why I say raid so many (maybe 10 ssds) is so that the OP won't have to buy HDDs. I am not being a jerk at all. I am just throwing out ideas, so that the OP can take into consideration. She also said she wanted a "dreamer's game rig". And that is my dream for building my rig.

Thanks for saying something on my behalf. People want to be rude and make jokes for whatever reason, I say let them. It will not bother me. Like I stated, once I have my new rig built, I will post pictures and video, and that's when I will have my "laugh" . :)

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Pics or your not hot rofl

System Name Chachamaru-IV | Retro Battlestation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Intel Pentium II 450MHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | MSI MS-6116 (Intel 440BX chipset)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000 (16-20-20-38) | 512MB PC133 SDRAM
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 FE | 3dfx Voodoo3 3000
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 NVME SSD (OS), Toshiba 3TB (Storage), Toshiba 3TB (Steam)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 27" @ 1440p144 & Dell P2312H @ 1080p60
Case SilverStone Seta A1 | Beige box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Speakers), Creative Zen Hybrid headset | Sound Blaster AWE64
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2 | 250W ASETEC
Mouse Roccat Kone Air| Microsoft Serial Mouse v2.0A
Keyboard Vortex Race3 | Dell AT102W
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | Microsoft Windows 98SE
What exactly is your issue with nVIDIA? Most agree that ATi/AMD have driver problems and nVIDIA GPUs are normally more powerful, just sometimes they are faster or slower than the equivalent Radeon depending on the game.

While I appreciate your desire to have the fastest machine possible, no game or consumer program will see any kind of benefit from dual CPUs. The sad truth is that it most cases, they don't even fully utilise quad cores let alone hex or octa.

But then again, if I was building this PC, I wouldn't listen to reason and just buy everything I could get my hands on. xD I wish you luck.

First off, if you are referring to me, (How small is your dick") , I'd like to know that since I'm FEMALE , I don't have a dick. Second, The machine I am building, is one I put quite a bit of thought into making , and decided to get feedback to help conclude on some things about my upcoming build. I really do appreciate all the positive and negative feedback.

Thanks again everyone,

Anne

How small is your dick that you need some thing like this though? I mean MAN this is like the guy that has the Huge monster truck in his drive way he takes to work EVERY DAY and takes to the corner store to get his smokes!

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I like your choices so far although with the 6 monitors, maybe reduce them to 3? Unless you've had a crazy multi-monitor setup before that you got comfortable with I just can't recommend anyone to go for more than 3 monitors as it will be no where near practical and will most likely be only a nuisance for gaming. I am sure there are alot of options for big screens out there although the likeliness of the user running into issues with reading what's on the desktop etc. would be pretty high. I'd also recommend watercooling system, get a techxpert to help you build and test the loop etc.

Also no offence but I wouldn't be surprised if this thread turned out to be a big fish hook attached to a rod that a troll is using.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
I only prefer ATI because I like the CCC. It's easier to set settings.Where as Nvidia I never really was able to get settings manipulated quite like I wanted them without one setting coming "undone" while fixing another. I've only liked Nvidia for watching movies on. I have a rig with a GTX 480 in it, and the picture quality is awsome. ATI isn't .

What exactly is your issue with nVIDIA? Most agree that ATi/AMD have driver problems and nVIDIA GPUs are normally more powerful, just sometimes they are faster or slower than the equivalent Radeon depending on the game.

While I appreciate your desire to have the fastest machine possible, no game or consumer program will see any kind of benefit from dual CPUs. The sad truth is that it most cases, they don't even fully utilise quad cores let alone hex or octa.

But then again, if I was building this PC, I wouldn't listen to reason and just buy everything I could get my hands on. xD I wish you luck.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
nvidia is actually better. use evga precision or msi afterburner. super easy. CCC is crap really. even ati staff knows it.

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
I'd love to take a drive over to pcola (from mobile) when your rig is finished just so I can drool over your build.

I can only imagine the monitor display you must be planning.

I read a review once (maybe at Tom's?) that although performance doesn't scale as well with more GPUs, but you do get less microstutter with more GPUs, which makes it worthwhile.

Everything will be water cooled just as the rigs I currently have are.I wouldn't have it any other way. As for monitors, I currently have 4 hooked to my game rig. They have been handy :)
Also, as I stated couple times already, once rig is built, I'll post pics, video, and benchmarks. Then that should show I'm not just a "troll" :)

I like your choices so far although with the 6 monitors, maybe reduce them to 3? Unless you've had a crazy multi-monitor setup before that you got comfortable with I just can't recommend anyone to go for more than 3 monitors as it will be no where near practical and will most likely be only a nuisance for gaming. I am sure there are alot of options for big screens out there although the likeliness of the user running into issues with reading what's on the desktop etc. would be pretty high. I'd also recommend watercooling system, get a techxpert to help you build and test the loop etc.

Also no offence but I wouldn't be surprised if this thread turned out to be a big fish hook attached to a rod that a troll is using.

I'd be willing to let you see my build once it's completed.

I'd love to take a drive over to pcola (from mobile) when your rig is finished just so I can drool over your build.

I can only imagine the monitor display you must be planning.

I read a review once (maybe at Tom's?) that although performance doesn't scale as well with more GPUs, but you do get less microstutter with more GPUs, which makes it worthwhile.

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710