• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX HD5770 Voltage, flicker line

System Name Kill you with my awesome
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Custom
Memory Transcend aXeram 1600Mhz(6-8-6-16)
Video Card(s) ATI/AMD XFX HD5770 1GB
Storage Seagate 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung B1930
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) X-fi
Power Supply 650W
Software Windows 7 x64
Hi there, I've been noticing flickering or a 'grey line' appearing when I play games on my XFX HD5770 1GB card. I tried to change the voltage from 0.950 to 1.2 via ATITrayTools and it seems to have decreased the effect. So now I want to change that in the BIOS.

GPU-Z shot:

I loaded my BIOS via RBE(using Winflash) and somewhere I read we have to change voltage through the "GPU Registers" but, for me it is greyed out:

I also want to change my core and memory to a single value to disable PowerPlay "850/1200".

So how do I do it?
I tried changing all the clocks above to 850/1200 and voltage to 1.2 and flashed, but after restart, the display driver kept crashing so I reverted back.

System Name H2o Box
Processor Intel(R) Xeon e5-2690 v2 Stock 3.300 GHz stock
Motherboard MSI X79A-G43 Plus (MS-7760) v3
Cooling CPU EK & Phobya G-Changer 360 V2.0 RAD H2o VGA "AlphaCool M18" Hybrid [pump replaced 18/8/21]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 16Gb 11-12-12-32 2T @ 1866Mhz [locked]
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME
Storage HyperX Fury 120GB & Savage 480GB SSD, Seagate 250GB,250GB 7200rpm Kingston 64GB SSD
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG32VQR 2560*1440 165Hz VA Panel
Case Corsair O-800D
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Be Quiet! [Dark Power Pro 11] 1200W CM replaced [7-4-2017]
Mouse Zelotes T-90
Keyboard K66 Mechanical US Layout
Software Win 10 Pro 64Bit v 20H2 / OS [build 19043.1237] WFEP 120.2212.3530.0
Hi

Looks like you card may need reseating or you have driver issues; have you tested your card in another PC if it still has the grey line you should RMA the card if it is still under warranty.

Not sure this is the best way forward,

Strange 1.2Vm will reduce the cards life, Keep a careful eye on your VRM temps use GPUz

VGA Bios is locked - You could try MSI Afterburner and make a profile that will load on window boot

Power Play

open CCC

go to Performance/AMD OverDrive

next

go to Presets/add Preset -Fill in Name e.g: Default vid OC /Location remove all ticks & then Save

NEXT

Goto Control Panel\ folder options/view - select Show hidden files and folders

NEXT

open Computer/ explore C:\Users\*Your user profile*\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles/you should see your newly created Default vid OC.xml

NEXT

Highlite - Default vid OC.xml - press right hand mouse button - select edit

you will see - Feature name="CoreClockTarget"
Example-
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="55000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="85000" />

raise the Want_0 value from 15700 to 85000
this will adjust your core clock once you are in the windows enviroment and allows you to continue using AMD's ULps settings. NOTE: this will increase heat to the core VRM's & MEM in 2D desktop mode make sure you have good cooling; and will reduce the life of your vga card

open CCC go to presets and select Default vid OC; this will apply the new settings

Note: if you reinstall drivers at any point you will have to set option up again

nb: only ever flash bios as a last resort

*Please fill in your system spec's in UserCP if you get a chance the next time you log in

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Last edited:
System Name Kill you with my awesome
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Custom
Memory Transcend aXeram 1600Mhz(6-8-6-16)
Video Card(s) ATI/AMD XFX HD5770 1GB
Storage Seagate 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung B1930
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) X-fi
Power Supply 650W
Software Windows 7 x64
Hi

Looks like you card may need reseating or you have driver issues; have you tested your card in another PC if it still has the grey line you should RMA the card if it is still under warranty.

Not sure this is the best way forward,

Strange 1.2Vm will reduce the cards life, Keep a careful eye on your VRM temps use GPUz

VGA Bios is locked - You could try MSI Afterburner and make a profile that will load on window boot

Power Play

open CCC

go to Performance/AMD OverDrive

next

go to Presets/add Preset -Fill in Name e.g: Default vid OC /Location remove all ticks & then Save

NEXT

Goto Control Panel\ folder options/view - select Show hidden files and folders

NEXT

open Computer/ explore C:\Users\*Your user profile*\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles/you should see your newly created Default vid OC.xml

NEXT

Highlite - Default vid OC.xml - press right hand mouse button - select edit

you will see - Feature name="CoreClockTarget"
Example-
<Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="55000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="85000" />

raise the Want_0 value from 15700 to 85000
this will adjust your core clock once you are in the windows enviroment and allows you to continue using AMD's ULps settings. NOTE: this will increase heat to the core VRM's & MEM in 2D desktop mode make sure you have good cooling; and will reduce the life of your vga card

open CCC go to presets and select Default vid OC; this will apply the new settings

Note: if you reinstall drivers at any point you will have to set option up again

nb: only ever flash bios as a last resort

*Please fill in your system spec's in UserCP if you get a chance the next time you log in

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Hey there, thanks for the instructions I've tried those before some months ago, unfortunately, it seems the flicker line doesn't wanna disappear, what's strange is, if I take a video, there are no such lines, so I'm thinking it might be a Monitor issue now.

(Filled Sys Specs.)