• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Responds to Reports of Kepler V-Sync Stuttering Issue

System Name Minipoc
Processor Intel i5 3770k@4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
Cooling Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 2400@2200 10-11-11-28
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 Classified 3GB@1306 Core 6504 Mem
Storage Adata SX900 256GB SSD/3x1TB WD Caviar Black Storage
Display(s) Samsung ToC 26" LCD 1920x1200
Case Fractal Designs Arc Midi
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Kingwin Lazer Platinum1000Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Benchmark Scores 35,566 3DMark 06 x5,765 3Dmark 11 3dmark Fire Strike 10447 3dmark Fire Strike Extreme 5411
What makes you think that it isn't worth the price? The performance of a lot of GPUs today are priced based on performance. The point (at least for me,) for playing a game on a computer instead of the console is for performance and graphics and for some strategy games for the mouse and keyboard, but honestly, that is about it. However I will agree with the other half of what you were saying in the sense that the best video card isn't needed, but I also bought the 6870 the day it was released, but honestly, enjoyed it enough to get a second for crossfire and it already ran games really well without the second card, but I got a second one because I wanted to know how smooth gaming could get, and it gets pretty smooth. I can completely understand why anyone would get a high-end gpu, but unless you're running 3 displays, I don't think more horsepower will really be worth it.

That can be said for millions of products. We buy them because we want to, because we are enthusiasts. Just because you can't justify blowing $500 on a video card, doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't bother.

It's pretty sad you posted that in the comment section of a computer hardware site. Makes no sense at all.

Here's your homework:
Google > define:enthusiast

I agree with what you with Aquinus on both points, but first of all they are supposedly based on performance/price but sometimes the performance margin is too small to justify the price and second 6870's rock. I've had the pleasure of working with a couple of those and for the price they were set a couple of months ago ($170 give or take) I was hitting 27000 3dmark 06 on a mildly overclocked I7 2600k. So yes two cheap (relative) cards sometimes give you a better overhead than a more expensive one.

To Jurassic first of all that way of thinking is what fills our lives with crap we don't need. Second of all, that for your information was my opinion. If you can justify it or want it bad enough then by all means, its your money. For the record I am an enthusiast, a real one not one (the one who abides by what works not what might) denominated by what companies call "enthusiast" which in this case is the people who buy the most expensive things because a)they fall prey to billions of dollars on advertising b)they have an idea in mind that can only be achieved by that route or c) they think that buying the most expensive is by definition, the best. I wrote in this forum because it is for OPINIONS so I exercised my first amendment righ to freedom of speech. Just because something is in a computer hardware site doesnt mean that I need to buy it and a site is just a place where you can see the development of anything (in this particular case computer hardware) and maybe comment on it. I don't see any obligations or responsibilities attached to any of it. Cute assignment by the way...

So they're fixing it. Don't get your panties in a wad. Relax.

Seams your the one with the twisted panties. First post you made was cry'n about AMD Fan-boyism. :roll:

Take your own advise and relax maybe read the topic first before accusing people of being AMD fan-boys. Look into the problem be informed then comment.

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10
Didnt know you had to be a AMD fan-boy to want your Nvidia hardware to work properly.

Both companies have issues but that not the news topic now is it.

Guess I should take my 3 most recent video cards and send them back to Nvidia. :rolleyes:

If a company promotes a feature an breaks another, its not working properly when it launches. Consumers and potential consumers have a right to complain about said feature.

Don't be ignorant.

I agree, thorough testing is needed before a product comes out, no one is pleased by software bugs, either from AMD/ATI or Nvidia.

You can't have every problem straightened out before release, of course, but atleast they should fix it in the fastest way possible.

Amd fanbois gnash teeth over nvidia driver bug. AMD's numerous bugs and Crossfire stuttering problems, I hear only crickets.

Wow Nvidia fanboy much? Really? So when Nvidia has driver issues it's fine, but whenever AMD has a driver issue its troll time?

Gotta love the internet. :ohwell:

Every company has it's issues.

Seams your the one with the twisted panties. First post you made was cry'n about AMD Fan-boyism. :roll:

Take your own advise and relax maybe read the topic first before accusing people of being AMD fan-boys. Look into the problem be informed then comment.

If you had half a brain you wouldn't whine incessantly. ALL new video cards have some driver bugs, Generally the last few years Nvidia's have had less problems than AMD and multiple review sites with professionals far smarter than the average blog dolt have proven this. Driver updates are a regular component of owning high end video cards and that will not change anytime soon. And the word is "seems". Is English not your primary language?

If you had half a brain you wouldn't whine incessantly. ALL new video cards have some driver bugs, Generally the last few years Nvidia's have had less problems than AMD and multiple review sites with professionals far smarter than the average blog dolt have proven this. Driver updates are a regular component of owning high end video cards and that will not change anytime soon. And the word is "seems". Is English not your primary language?

You really are that stupid or just a troll.

We are talking about a new feature (Adaptive V-Sync) and a basic feature (V-Sync) not working as it should on day 1 from launch.

Get it through your dumb-ass brain. Got to love the fact that he keep refering to AMD like that justifies it :laugh:

What a moron. Troll away. :toast:

We are talking about a new feature (Adaptive V-Sync) and a basic feature (V-Sync) not working as it should on day 1 from launch.

Get it through your dumb-ass brain. Got to love the fact that he keep refering to AMD like that justifies it :laugh:

Take a remedial English class before attempting to write. You humiliate yourself.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1

Take a remedial English class before attempting to write. You humiliate yourself.

I recommend that you both stop. This thread isn't about fan boys, it's about nVidia's drivers having a hick-up on a new GPU line up. It happens, so cut nVidia slack, it happens to AMD, like any normal hardware company. Get used to it. I'm tired of people ranting about drivers because a game that was released yesterday has glitches with current drivers. Bugs have to be worked out and as a developer, I'm going to tell you one thing about software. Don't complain about it unless you can write drivers and do a better job, because writing drivers sucks and I have sympathy for both AMD and nVidia's developers, and quite frankly they're doing a smash up job thus far.

With all of this said, don't post unless you have something to say that is on topic. Otherwise take your trolling to general nonsense. I like to talk to people who have input and something real to contribute to the world of hardware, not trolls who get into fights about who can piss further. Seriously, grow up. AMD, nVidia, and Intel are all great companies and none of them would be where they are without the others.

Processor Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8H61-M LX (B3)
Cooling Intel stock HSF
Memory 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon HD 6750 OC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3
Display(s) HP W2072a 20"
Case Cooler Master Elite 430 Black
Audio Device(s) Integrated (Realtek ALC887)
Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Just turn off vsnc then dance alittle and throw your hands in the air like you dont care.....then all fixed

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
1 question? Who is keeping V-sync ON anyways??

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1
Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11
I get this problem but not all the time it come and goes.

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) B & W PX7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2
n00b question:

I assume that V-Sync stands for Vertical Synchronization

but what does it?? I have never tampered with this setting.....

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
1 question? Who is keeping V-sync ON anyways??

Anyone who experiences tearing, micro stutters, etc.

This specifically has affected sli in a big way. Without vsync I couldnt' play half my games with sli enabled. Mafia 2 is the worst you cant even make sense of the screen with it off and sli on.

granted keplers availability likely makes sli users fewer, but vsync is typically a must for mult gpu gaming for anything that's ever been a console port. (that's greater than 70% of modern games)

System Name Commercial towing vehicle "Nostromo"
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Unify
Cooling EK-AIO 360
Memory 32 GB Fury 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) 4070 Ti Eagle
Storage SN850 NVMe 1TB + Renegade NVMe 2TB + 870 EVO 4TB
Display(s) 25" Legion Y25g-30
Case Lian Li LanCool 216 v2
Audio Device(s) B & W PX7 S2e
Power Supply HX1500i
Mouse Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard Scope II 96 Wireless
Software Windows 11 23H2
So nvidia has already found a way of fixing the stuttering issue with adaptive V-sync, and that is, wait for it:
Disable the V-Sync entirely...:wtf:

redfox

Still no fix

It's April 2013 and nVidia did nothing to fix this issue. Horrible.

I have a GTX 650 card and the tearing in video playback (Windows XP) is the same with all driver versions from 306.23 to 314.22. Nothing helps, vsync settings does not do anything with this issue, because Windowsx GDI does not support it in any case.

It is simply a driver issue, which has nothing to do with vsync.

Event my oldest video card Geforce 4 Ti peforms video playback smoothly, without any problems.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
Anyone who experiences tearing, micro stutters, etc.

Actually, I find that micro-stuffer from CFX is reduced at higher frame rates, but you start tearing instead of stuttering if you turn it off imho.

It's April 2013 and nVidia did nothing to fix this issue. Horrible.

...and people complain about AMD's drivers. :ohwell:
On a serious note, regular v-sync should work fine. It's not like it saves that much power. It was a good idea that didn't live up to expectations.

System Name [WIP]
Processor Intel Pentium G3420 [i7-4790K SOON(tm)]
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling [Corsair H100i]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB-2400-CL10 DDR3
Video Card(s) [MSI AMD Radeon R9-290 Gaming]
Storage Seagate 2TB Desktop SSHD / [Samsung 256GB 840 PRO]
Display(s) [BenQ XL2420Z]
Case [Corsair Obsidian 750D]
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro / Linux Mint 15 / SteamOS
What!? nVidia's drivers aren't flawless!?!?!?!?!

Luke Skywalker: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
What!? nVidia's drivers aren't flawless!?!?!?!?!

It must be the apocalypse because apparently AMD is the only company allowed to have bad drivers. ;)