• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Unveils the Sound BlasterAxx

Creative Technology Ltd today announced the Sound BlasterAxx, a whole new generation of Sound Blaster and a new genre of audio device that the world has not seen before. Specially designed and engineered to meet the audacious demand for simplicity and coolness by a whole new generation of networked mobile device users, the Sound BlasterAxx shifts to a new paradigm of literally producing great sound and becoming a great listener of sound while keeping everything amazingly simple. The sound produced by the flagship Sound BlasterAxx, a unique one-piece elegantly designed hexagonal device, simply blows people away, and yet mind-bogglingly, no power adapter is required.

Besides seamlessly supporting PCs and Macs, the Sound BlasterAxx is also designed to work intelligently with smart devices including the iPhone, iPad, Android phones and Android tablets, providing the best of all worlds. The Sound BlasterAxx leverages Creative's vast audio engineering expertise to provide best-in-class audio playback for music, movies, games and voice communications. To support the intelligent audio applications on these smart mobile devices, the Sound BlasterAxx also features advanced Bluetooth wireless audio connectivity and a high-quality dual-microphone array.

"After selling 400 Million Sound Blasters, I was staring at a mega-irony that few realized - they all don't make sound! It was probably due to the hassle of installing Sound Blaster inside the PC; can you imagine the horror if one needs to further install some speakers inside? Today we face a whole new generation of users, who have busy and fast-paced lifestyles. They demand elegant, simple and hassle-free solutions. My ultimate challenge was how to design a whole new Sound Blaster for them. Sound BlasterAxx ushers in a whole new generation of Sound Blaster and marks a paradigm shift for the brand - for the first time ever, we have created a Sound Blaster that not only produces awesome audio, it actually listens to you and your audio environment. This paradigm shift unlocks a whole new world of useful and exciting applications," said Creative Chairman and CEO Sim Wong Hoo, creator of the Sound Blaster.

"Sound BlasterAxx provides absolute freedom, total control and convenience from just a touch on their mobile devices, enabling users to completely customize their listening experience for music, movies and games. We have designed it to also deliver stunning voice quality with smartphone and Skype hands-free calls through adaptive communication technologies that can cancel ambient noise and focusing the microphone-array for accurate voice pick-up. If you like, you may even change your voice when calling others," continued Sim. "Plus it's amazingly simple to use! Installation is as easy as inserting a USB dongle - just simply insert-and-go, nothing else! And it requires virtually no power - in fact, I've banned the unwieldy power adapter together with its cable and plugs! This not only saves money for the users, it's a small but meaningful contribution towards saving the environment. Audio has never been so simple, so elegant, so fun, so engaging, so dramatic and so magical..."

The Sound BlasterAxx stands above the rest in appearance as well as performance. Elegantly designed in the form of a hexagonal tower with backlit capacitive touch controls, it allows users to access key functions at a touch. The Sound BlasterAxx utilizes a unique patent-pending "stacked stereo" speaker design that incorporates two-speaker drivers angled to provide stereo separation. When combined with SBX Pro Studio Surround technology, it delivers awesome room-filling sound from a compact one-piece device powered by only the tiny USB current. Specialized circuitry enables very low power consumption but large amplified power output from a PC or Mac USB connection. This all-in-one design eliminates the need for a two-speaker system with all the messy wiring, microphones and wires, and the unwieldy power adaptors along with their plugs and cables.

The Sound BlasterAxx also works standalone when used with mobile devices. It can then be powered by any certified simple USB power adaptor.

The Sound BlasterAxx is powered by the new SB-Axx1 (Sound Blaster "Axxelerated" multi-core audio processor chip) which inherited all the desired features and technologies of the legendary Sound Blaster series, and boosted by an array of additional technologies and features to tackle the challenges of the new market defined by the new mobile networked generation. This means that for the first time, a single audio enhancement solution bridges every major audio and communication platform and network; for example the PC world, Mac world, Mobile world, Tablet world, the Wi-Fi network, Bluetooth, the PSTN system, the LAN, the WAN, etc. Each of these worlds has its own unique complex requirements.

Since the SB-Axx1 chip is so powerful, flexible and programmable, it is able to adapt quickly and seamlessly to any new audio scenario in these multi-faceted and connected worlds.

With an astounding suite of audio technologies in the SB-Axx1 chip, Sound BlasterAxx delivers dramatic enhancements to two of our fundamental daily activities in the intricate new world of audio: LISTENING and TALKING. These technologies include:

SBX Pro Studio enhances the world of LISTENING with Awesome Playback:
The fully customizable SBX Pro Studio set of technologies dramatically improves audio playback for music, movies and games - delivering unprecedented levels of personal audio realism from a compact one-piece device.

● SBX Crystalizer - Enhances audio for music and movies by restoring details in the high and low frequencies
● SBX Surround - Delivers an immersive personal surround sound experience
● SBX Smart Volume - Solves the problem of abrupt volume level changes in music, movies and games by intelligently applying gain and attenuation to deliver consistent volume levels; includes Night Mode to reduce the impact of explosions and bursts of sound so as not to disturb others after hours
● SBX Dialog Plus - Enhances the intricacy of the human voice in movies and games, allowing the listener to hear the dialog clearly
● SBX Bass - Fills in the missing low frequency tones and gives that 'extra punch' for a better entertainment experience

CrystalVoice Technology enhances the world of TALKING and Communication with crystal-clear hands-free voice and video conference calls:
The Sound BlasterAxx design also integrates a high-quality dual-microphone array which leverages SBX CrystalVoice technology to dramatically improve voice quality for hands-free phone calls or video-conferencing calls. Voice Focus ensures precisely targeted voice pick-up, while Noise Reduction enables clear conversations without background noise interference. Smart Volume gives users the freedom to walk around a room during phone conversations while the listener experiences clear, consistent volume levels.

● Acoustic Echo Cancellation - Eliminates the echoes in a hands-free conference call
● Noise Reduction - Enables the person speaking to be heard clearly over background noise by constantly monitoring the environment, eliminating unwanted noise that interferes with the conversation
● Smart Volume - Automatically adjusts the loudness of a voice to maintain a consistent volume level. This makes it convenient for the speaker to converse normally, regardless of whether the speaker is close to, or far away from the microphone
● Voice Focus - Envelopes the user in an audio shield that blocks out unwanted voices or noises, enabling only the user's voice to be heard clearly
● VoiceFX - Enables the alteration of the user's voice with a variety of effects: create interesting accents, or enable someone to sound like a completely different person, such as changing one's voice from male to female, or monster, or robot, and much more

The whole suite of technologies on the Sound BlasterAxx can be controlled from the PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets. Sound BlasterAxx Control Panel lets users fully customize and control their audio experience from a PC or Mac. The Creative Central app lets users do the same from an iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet - with a newfound wireless convenience.

In a nutshell, Sound BlasterAxx makes the two fundamental activities of TALKING and LISTENING simple again.

About the Sound BlasterAxx Series
The Sound BlasterAxx will be introduced in three models: the SBX 20 and SBX 10, which are Bluetooth wireless-enabled, and the SBX 8, which will connect to a PC or Mac via USB for use on a desktop.

Sound BlasterAxx SBX 20

Premium Wireless Sound BlasterAxx for Smart Devices

● Works wirelessly with Bluetooth-enabled devices
● Application support for iOS, Android, PC and Mac
● Innovative acoustic ID utilizes a stacked stereo design that directs sound to fill the room
● Voice Focus with dual-microphone array
● Premium speakerphone encompassing noise reduction and voice focusing technologies to improve communications
● Hardware-accelerated SBX Pro Studio and CrystalVoice technology
● Control buttons embedded in a backlit touch-sensitive panel
● Aux-In connectivity for wired connection to audio playback devices
● 410 x 91 mm form factor

Sound BlasterAxx is also available in the following models:

Sound BlasterAxx SBX 10

Best-in-Class Wireless Sound BlasterAxx for Smart Devices, PC and Mac

● This model incorporates all functions of the SBX 20, except it is smaller in size

Sound BlasterAxx SBX 8

Ultra-portable Sound BlasterAxx for PC and Mac

● Smaller in size than the SBX 10 and is designed to be the perfect companion for PC and Mac

Pricing and Availability
The Sound BlasterAxx SBX 20, priced at US$199.99, will be available in Aug 2012. The Sound BlasterAxx SBX 10, priced at US$149.99, and the Sound BlasterAxx SBX 8, priced at US$99.99 will be available in July 2012.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
So.... its a wireless speaker system, with a mic?

this just doesnt seem exciting at all

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So.... its a wireless speaker system, with a mic?

this just doesnt seem exciting at all

Was about the say the same myself...all this hype but its only a wireless speaker system no different then Logitech's Wireless BoomBox or MiniBoomBox..

though Logitechs offerings dont have touchscreen or look half as classy so i think thats where the selling point is.

I wish they'd stop jerking around and release a proper Sound Blaster soundcard again. And i mean a proper blue blooded sound beast with best in class 3D positioning, 256 3D sounds support, more advanced X-Fi Crystalizer (not some crappy filter), better elevation filter and MacroFX support and EAX 6.0 HD. With some more aggressive approach with it. They totally mocked up EAX 5.0 HD which is brilliant in my eyes but since they didn't bother pushing it, no one really used it. And they also left OpenAL to rot. Why!?
Everyone jerking on visuals but no one cares to take on our second most important awareness sensor. The ability to listen to sounds. Companies who make software audio engines can brag about it all they want, but none has ever sounded even half as good as any game with hardware accelerated EAX effects. None. And trust me, i've played plenty and i place sound before graphics when it comes to priority.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I wish they'd stop jerking around and release a proper Sound Blaster soundcard again. And i mean a proper blue blooded sound beast with best in class 3D positioning, 256 3D sounds support, more advanced X-Fi Crystalizer (not some crappy filter), better elevation filter and MacroFX support and EAX 6.0 HD. With some more aggressive approach with it. They totally mocked up EAX 5.0 HD which is brilliant in my eyes but since they didn't bother pushing it, no one really used it. And they also left OpenAL to rot. Why!?
Everyone jerking on visuals but no one cares to take on our second most important awareness sensor. The ability to listen to sounds. Companies who make software audio engines can brag about it all they want, but none has ever sounded even half as good as any game with hardware accelerated EAX effects. None. And trust me, i've played plenty and i place sound before graphics when it comes to priority.

EAX has been dead for a loooong time. I dont think Devs want to pay licensing fees to having it in their games anymore anyway. when there are probably other sound/audio engines out there that are cheaper or free and do a great job of providing surroundsound/multidirectional audio.

OpenAL would definitely be the way forward but Creative have been quiet for a while almost as if they are considering a change in direction. Theyve released soundcards but the XFi Titanium's are still the best buy for gaming (next to Xonar cards but they arent made by creative) Creative has their new Recon3d soundcards out but I dont think people really care anymore due to the lack of EAX and any real need for dedicated audiobuffering/processing since onboard audio has come such a long way.

they are either changing direction or they need to do a massive revamp.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
3D accelerated sound is dead. Kaput. Thanks to stupid M$ and the crappy console ports. I miss the old days when I was playing Unreal 1, Thief, FEAR, etc, and the sound was like 1million x better that the crap we're hearing (or not hearing) nowadays. OpenGL games? What a joke!

BrianB

Am I the only one who couldn't read more than a few sentences of this? Then again, with Mackie HR824's on my desk I'm probably not the target market. Bi-amp is the way to go!

Processor Intel i5-11600K
Motherboard ASRock H570M Pro4
Cooling Thermalright Assassin King 120
Memory 32GB (2x16GB) Silicon Power Zenith DDR4 3200 @ DDR4 3600 C16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC 8GB
Storage PNY CS3140 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Dell P2422HE 24" @ 75Hz
Case Fractal Core 3000 USB 3.0
Audio Device(s) Creative T20 Series II
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold
Keyboard Redragon K589
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/33021442
The Sound BlasterAxx utilizes a unique patent-pending "stacked stereo" speaker design that incorporates two-speaker drivers angled to provide stereo separation. When combined with SBX Pro Studio Surround technology, it delivers awesome room-filling sound from a compact one-piece device powered by only the tiny USB current. Specialized circuitry enables very low power consumption but large amplified power output from a PC or Mac USB connection. This all-in-one design eliminates the need for a two-speaker system with all the messy wiring, microphones and wires, and the unwieldy power adaptors along with their plugs and cables.

Oh, the horrors of all that "messy wiring"! Because 500 mA at 5v is going to give you all the "awesome room-filling sound" you could need! So, let's get this straight, a piece of crap, low-power usb speaker without L/R stereo separation, using layers of "enhancements". I call BS on this whole thing. My idea of "low power" is a T-amp with bookshelf speakers. No fake processing, decent power, real stereo separation, and, wait for it, quality sound! Imagine that!

System Name FragBox
Processor Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.0GHz/1.45 volts
Motherboard Asus P8Z77 WS
Cooling Custom CPU loop
Memory Kingston 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Galaxy GTX 680/Zotac GTX 680 in SLi/EVGA GTX 650Ti
Storage 2 Vertex 3 120's, raid 0, 2 Seagate Momentus XT 500GB's in raid 0, 1 Hitatchi 2TB for backup
Display(s) 3 Acer S232HLX2 in nvidia surround
Case Corsair C70 White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64 Pro
...its also got a terrible name. Who came up with this?

Keyboard Redragon K589
Yeah, the Creative Sound A$$Blaster :roll:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
After selling 400 Million Sound Blasters

In 30+ years ?

Although still a hell of a lot but did they not start selling the SB back in 1990 ? or close to. And tell ya what that's when they were good.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
You shouldn't use creative Johnny
My grandmother used creative once... Once...

System Name NEW
Processor Intel 4770 non-K
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16gb Muskin
Video Card(s) XFX 380X 4gb
Storage Sandisk 120gb plus WD blue 1tb
Display(s) AOC 23.5 LED bl
Case XIGMATEK
Audio Device(s) motherboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 500
System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
...simply blows people away, and yet mind-bogglingly, no power adapter is required.

Yes, this is straight from the "err, what?" department...

System Name NEW
Processor Intel 4770 non-K
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16gb Muskin
Video Card(s) XFX 380X 4gb
Storage Sandisk 120gb plus WD blue 1tb
Display(s) AOC 23.5 LED bl
Case XIGMATEK
Audio Device(s) motherboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 500

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
but none has ever sounded even half as good as any game with hardware accelerated EAX effects. None. And trust me, i've played plenty and i place sound before graphics when it comes to priority.

Dude you run an Altec Lansing MX5021. That isnt putting sound first.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
It looks like a nuclear dildo from next century.

I would never buy a creative product again this is the same company that sells a x-fi card with no x-fi chip in it.the same company that sue someone for making drivers that actually work. the same company that sells old cards but forget to tell you their not supported any more on and on and on .

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I would never buy a creative product again this is the same company that sells a x-fi card with no x-fi chip in it.

If the soundcard in question is an Xtreme Audio, then it was all a marketting scheme. XFi is also a brand name, not just an audio processing chip

the same company that sue someone for making drivers that actually work

they didnt actually sue anyone but threatend to sue which is a shame as they could have just hired Daniel K. but none the less it marked a turning point with Creatives drivers and they started to improve and i was there watching it with a XFi Xtreme Music, then later on an XFi Titanium Fatality Pro.

Driver problems with creative cards is so old news. People might have issues occasionally but they are nowhere near as bad as it was when the earlier XFi generation were out.

the same company that sells old cards but forget to tell you their not supported any more on and on and on .

its your job to find out if our card is supported or not before you purchase it in most cases. but i agree, Dropping support for hardware that clearly could have worked perfectly in Vista or W7 is bad.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
With today's on board sound quality, creative are becoming extinct and need to look for other ways of infecting the market.

Maybe creative should jump on the multi device bandwagon too and sell OEM hardware branded with their logo.

Keyboard Redragon K589
Maybe creative should jump on the multi device bandwagon too and sell OEM hardware branded with their logo.

Oh wait, they have...

Creative Aurvana Live! (rebranded Denon AH-D1001)
Creative EP-630 (rebranded Sennheiser CX300)

The list goes on...

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
no.... onboard sound sucks.

wile_e should be in here any minute.....

Dude you run an Altec Lansing MX5021. That isnt putting sound first.

O'rly? MX5021's are one of the best PC speakers i've ever heard. I'm not going to go to the audiophile 10.000 EUR zone bullshit of sound purity. Plus the room is so small i don't need anything more powerful. And third fact, all the super expensive sound wizardry will help dick if game is using some shitty software sound engine that is using compressed lossy audio samples.
You can have all the super duper amplifiers, DAC's and 5 million Hz speakers it won't make much of a difference.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
O'rly? MX5021's are one of the best PC speakers i've ever heard. I'm not going to go to the audiophile 10.000 EUR zone bullshit of sound purity. Plus the room is so small i don't need anything more powerful. And third fact, all the super expensive sound wizardry will help dick if game is using some shitty software sound engine that is using compressed lossy audio samples.
You can have all the super duper amplifiers, DAC's and 5 million Hz speakers it won't make much of a difference.

If the MX5021 is the best pc speakers you've heard then you've set the bar extremely low. To be frank the bar on PC speakers are low to begin with.

Wouldn't swap real wooden cabinets, 10' woofers, 2.5' tweeters for something plastic. Never.

You don't need to be an audiophile or have a big room. £60 stereo speakers would shit over £200 PC speakers.

If you haven't heard BF3 coming from a Home Theatre System with Dolby Digital Live or atleast Dolby Prologic or DTS Neo, then you can't criticise the audio experience in games.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
no.... onboard sound sucks.
Hey not everyone has ears of a dog. Me personally can't tell difference between 128 and 320kbit mp3 even on good speakers, so I don't think I could hear a difference between the latest Realtek chip and extra card.