• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Roccat Teases with the Lua Gaming Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
German gaming peripherals manufacturer, ROCCAT Studios, is set to unveil the ROCCAT Lua Tri-Button Gaming Mouse at the Computex expo in Taipei and E3 in Los Angeles, June 5. Described as "The Classic 3-Button Mouse: Re-Mastered", the Lua packs advanced gaming engineering into a sleek and clean ambidextrous form that offers a comfortable fit for every gamer's hand.

"We took the beloved three-button mouse design and injected it with our innovative gaming engineering - and created a killer tool that gives props to the past while heading boldly into the future," says René Korte, ROCCAT Founder and CEO. "The Lua delivers everything gamers need for control, comfort and style - all in a sleek and slim design that offers perfect comfort for every hand."

The Lua's advanced Pro Optic R2 sensor features a choice of seven DPI settings - 250, 500, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750 and 2000 - so gamers can play with accuracy at the speed that matches their style. It also has a dedicated DPI button that lets players easily change speeds in the heat of battle. Gamers can even program the button to switch only between the DPI settings they use most.

The Lua's ultra-precise 2D scroll wheel also lets gamers give every wheel command with absolute precision. Every incremental step locks securely into place, so users won't have to worry above overscrolling. When weapon 2 is what's needed, a player won't accidentally scroll too far and end up with weapon 3 or 4 - security that can mean the difference between life and death in a lightning-paced FPS. Plus, the Lua's advanced scroll wheel delivers solid tactile feedback, so gamers can actually feel their way to more accurate gaming.

Thanks to its perfectly-balanced, ambidextrous V-shaped design, the Lua delivers supreme comfort to both left- and right-handers. Plus, it features No Sweat side grips that ensure a steady hold even when the action gets hot - as well as a soft touch surface that lets gamers play comfortably even during extended sessions.

The Lua also features a large ROCCAT logo illuminated in arctic blue - a stylish boost to gaming atmospherics that also perfectly complements other ROCCAT gear. The logo even has a "breathing" effect, so gamers will always know that their Lua is alive and well and awaiting the next command.

The Lua comes standard with ROCCAT Driver software, which lets users easily customize their mouse buttons. And all Lua tweaking is fun and easy thanks to the program's gorgeous and simple-to-use interface.

And last, but certainly not least, the Lua is built mega-tough and state-of-the-art using only the highest-quality materials and most advanced technology. From its premium electronics - featuring Omron switches and cutting-edge encoder - to its PTFE feet that deliver low-friction gliding, everything on the Lua is built to last and designed to give players a competitive edge.

The ROCCAT Lua will hit shelves internationally July / August 2012 for a MSRP of €29.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I was gonna say "wut no thumb buttons on the side?" but them it wouldnt be ambidextrous in that case....

What theyve done is tried to make a gaming mouse that caters to both left and right handers.

but i bind a lot of actions to the side thumb buttons like melee/knife or special actions for BF3 where i can throw out a medipack or ammo then instantly switch to a pistol or rifle if i get ambushed in the process.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
As long as this is performs well and is long lasting, I can see this mouse being worth the money.

Only time I use the extra buttons is within windows and web browsing :D

I was gonna say "wut no thumb buttons on the side?" but them it wouldnt be ambidextrous in that case....

What theyve done is tried to make a gaming mouse that caters to both left and right handers.

but i bind a lot of actions to the side thumb buttons like melee/knife or special actions for BF3 where i can throw out a medipack or ammo then instantly switch to a pistol or rifle if i get ambushed in the process.

I was thinking the same thing about the missing buttons.. When I sit down at a desk with a 3button mouse I instinctively want to use those buttons that are missing.. Hell, even the crappy mice Dell includes with all of our machines at work have them.. If they wanted it to be ambidextrous, then they should have included 2 buttons on each side.. I wouldnt spend a single cent on a mouse without them but I guess there are people that would..

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was thinking the same thing about the missing buttons.. When I sit down at a desk with a 3button mouse I instinctively want to use those buttons that are missing.. Hell, even the crappy mice Dell includes with all of our machines at work have them.. If they wanted it to be ambidextrous, then they should have included 2 buttons on each side.. I wouldnt spend a single cent on a mouse without them but I guess there are people that would..

Hardcore MMORPG'rs would. there are loads of Razer mice that dont have side/thumb buttons.

but i like the side buttons because I can use it to go back or forward pages when websurfing. the button being above the scroll wheel would make it a bit awkward to use

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

$30+ 4 buttons(2 each side) = $70+ mouse lol. How ever this pricing does show some thing and that's how much their ripping people off and i am not just on about SS.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
$30+ 4 buttons(2 each side) = $70+ mouse lol. How ever this pricing does show some thing and that's how much their ripping people off and i am not just on about SS.

two on each side would make the mouse awkward to use for both left and right handers unless they use a claw grip style

I dont need buttons where my last two fingers tend to rest on the mouse and using them ingame would just feel totally unnatural as it would need more of a 'squeezing' action to activate the buttons as the fingers are longer then thumbs and the length of my last 2 fingers literally rest on my mousemat so i would need to find a new way to grip the mouse which would make holding the mouse totally unnatural and would most likely give me CTS or RSI in the long run with prolonged usage.