• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Day Z Mod To Go Stand-Alone This Year

Processor Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1 GHz
Motherboard Asus P8H61-M LX (B3)
Cooling Intel stock HSF
Memory 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon HD 6750 OC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3
Display(s) HP W2072a 20"
Case Cooler Master Elite 430 Black
Audio Device(s) Integrated (Realtek ALC887)
Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
I tried DayZ even wasted $24 bucks buying the expansion. IMHO it's fucking terrible. You spawn in, die repeatedly to zombies while trying to find a weapon, die repeatedly to game bugs that insta-kill you, and then when you manage that, you will die repeatedly to other players ganking you. So the sooner that this shithole of a mod/game dies the better.

Inb4..

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
I tried DayZ even wasted $24 bucks buying the expansion. IMHO it's fucking terrible. You spawn in, die repeatedly to zombies while trying to find a weapon, die repeatedly to game bugs that insta-kill you, and then when you manage that, you will die repeatedly to other players ganking you. So the sooner that this shithole of a mod/game dies the better.

It's weird how people have different experiences/opinions on the mod. I'm gutted you have had such a bad time with DayZ - personally I think it's the best thing to happen to PC gaming in f'ing years & has the potential to become even better than it is now, which is, an ALPHA of a unfinished mod.

:rockout:

Also looking forward to The War Z. I won't be buying either if they're monthly subscriptions.

Black Haru

Staff member

What's that rustling I hear? Must be jimmies.

The mod has a steep learning curve. Also if your not playing with a group sometimes it's better not to play.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Bull dog, black haru is right the learning curve is STEEP even last night I was wanting to rage because I couldn't find a weapon but I got so addicted and play half the day at work HAHAHA

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Pretty much hit the nail right on the head, with that statement..
Great stuff, hope they don't do something stupid and piss off the fan base..
Just like you said, I'd rather see the Arma 3 engine.
Arma 2 is already getting dated and is dated in some aspects.

Yeah I don't mind the Arma II engine much, but I still would much rather see them wait for 3. Or just continue developing it as a mod then port the mod over to the Arma III engine. But if this goes standalone, I highly doubt that would ever happen.

This is going to be awesome. If they really get serious about it and add rag doll physics and make the zombies movements and behaviors more realistic instead of seeing you through a building from a mile away and instant running at 100mph towards you.

I haven't ever had zombies see me through a building. But the biggest issue I have with this game thats engine related is the fact that this is a military game with no melee mechanics. So in-order to add those they had to still use a ranged type attack and just shorten the range. Like the reloadable hatchet, it's still a ranged attack, just considered super close range. And what I think you might be referring to rather than seeing through walls is being hit through walls when they refuse to go through a doorway and just sit outside swinging through. And thats because once again, nothing in this game has a true melee attack. Zombies attacks are actually considered gun shots/ranged attacks. So rather than forcing them to find a path to you, they would rather try and hit you through a wall.

And that does seem to be a limitation of the engine, but there must be a better work around if they plan a release for cash.

There is already War Z that the developer talks about being a rival mod

The WarZ is a standalone game. Also with how far it is developed I feel those guys are catching a lot of crap they shouldn't be. DayZ is great and all, but it's relatively new. Seeing screens, hearing about gameplay, seeing that beta is probably starting in august, and seeing the game is releasing the end of this year. There is no way that game wasn't far into development by the time DayZ came out. Heck most games that sell don't put Alpha's out to the public. Honestly they could be just as far along as DayZ is since that's still in Alpha. Now that DayZ is out I'm sure they have used some of the ideas from that in their game. But thats the one game coming out I just wouldn't call a clone, those guys most likely were developing it around the same time, they just got beat to the punch since they wanted to release a beta rather than a alpha.

What engine would you rather see used? Overall this engine seems to be fine and include most of the things that provide the realism to the mod. I can't think of another engine that is capable of what the direction of this mod is. Also another engine means he now needs to make a massive map from scratch.

Xray engine ?

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430