• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video Streamers and Content Providers of TPU *UNITE*

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Well lets see if anyone here has an idea as to what to do here. When I record with Dxtory and the x264 codec, it records fine, and plays fine in VLC or WMP. But sometimes when dropping it into Premiere I get compression artifacts and audio lag. And sometimes using Handbrake fixes it, othertimes it does not. Also this is only for specific games. Like Battlefield 3 never ever does this. But MechWarrior Online and Borderlands 2 get this issue decently often.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
Well lets see if anyone here has an idea as to what to do here. When I record with Dxtory and the x264 codec, it records fine, and plays fine in VLC or WMP. But sometimes when dropping it into Premiere I get compression artifacts and audio lag. And sometimes using Handbrake fixes it, othertimes it does not. Also this is only for specific games. Like Battlefield 3 never ever does this. But MechWarrior Online and Borderlands 2 get this issue decently often.

Before trying to edit it premiere are you able to play the file without errors/issues?

Processor Intel i7-3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V LX
Cooling GeminII S524
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
Video Card(s) R9 290 with NZXT G10
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb, 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda, 3TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" Achieva Shimian
Case NZXT Switch 810
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
I stream with
Open Broadcaster Software:
http://obsproject.com/

Free software that does all I need. I used a couple other free softwares, but they either don't have all I need or my existing CPU is too weak.

I had uploaded some 1200p/1440p video to youtube, but I may just livestream everything I play and upload selectively to youtube now.

Do you know at which bitrate would upping it not make much of a visible difference? I can stream up to ~38000 kbps.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
I stream with
Open Broadcaster Software:
http://obsproject.com/

Free software that does all I need. I used a couple other free softwares, but they either don't have all I need or my existing CPU is too weak.

I had uploaded some 1200p/1440p video to youtube, but I may just livestream everything I play and upload selectively to youtube now.

Do you know at which bitrate would upping it not make much of a visible difference? I can stream up to ~38000 kbps.

Looks interesting. What sort of encoding and at what resolution are you streaming? The bitrate needed is entirely dependent on your level of encoding + quality settings.

For example with FFsplit I can use medium encoding and drop my bitrate from 3000 (which uses fast encoding) to 1800.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Before trying to edit it premiere are you able to play the file without errors/issues?

Yeah, they play fine in WMP and VLC. Thats why I'm so confused on it. Also the fact that it's only specific games, and even with those games, some of the recordings are fine, and others aren't.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Yeah, they play fine in WMP and VLC. Thats why I'm so confused on it. Also the fact that it's only specific games, and even with those games, some of the recordings are fine, and others aren't.

Ok, I have an idea and this is mostly guess work, but you might want to use ffmpeg to re-encode the files keeping the same quality. This is a work-around but a number of people I've spoken with report success after re-encoding to the same format using a variety of programs.

As to the settings at which you would re-encode I am lost to that effect, so I'll do some more digging and get back with any findings I come across.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
I might be interested in streaming some LoL.

J5 man, do you have me on Gchat, skype, or the like? We can have you set up in about an hour.

oh and... you can ask stuff here too :p

Processor Intel i7-3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V LX
Cooling GeminII S524
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
Video Card(s) R9 290 with NZXT G10
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb, 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda, 3TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" Achieva Shimian
Case NZXT Switch 810
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
Anyone know how much of a difference there is between an i5-3570k, i7-2700k, and i7-3770 (or the equivalent Xeon E3-1230v2 which is cheaper) in regards to livestreaming/video encoding?
(Power is expensive in SoCal (Tier 5) and I may be interested in virtualization, so that furthers the difficulty of this choice)
They are all available to me at similar price points and support my motherboard. I'm faced with a tough decision; if it were newegg prices, the decision would be easy.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Anyone know how much of a difference there is between an i5-3570k, i7-2700k, and i7-3770 (or the equivalent Xeon E3-1230v2 which is cheaper) in regards to livestreaming/video encoding?
(Power is expensive in SoCal (Tier 5) and I may be interested in virtualization, so that furthers the difficulty of this choice)
They are all available to me at similar price points and support my motherboard. I'm faced with a tough decision; if it were newegg prices, the decision would be easy.

Ivy Bridge cores will be stronger for encoding than Sandy Bridge. Likewise the more threads you have at your disposal the better. In that tier of processor you will have awesome performance no matter what you choose :)

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
I've been struggling with quality when livestreaming. I had a glance through this (great) thread but didn't see any info on internet speeds and their relation to quality settings. Should I continue trying more settings with a 100kBps upload speed (max) or should I see about upgrading internet speeds?

Also, I managed to break something by installing so many livestreaming and recording apps before, all games slowed to a crawl (major fps issues even at lowest settings) so I now to be careful about how many apps I install. Any ideas what I could have borked (just to satisfy my addiction to information :p)?

Will be streaming Firefall and PlanetSide2 when I get this all sorted :)

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
I've been struggling with quality when livestreaming. I had a glance through this (great) thread but didn't see any info on internet speeds and their relation to quality settings. Should I continue trying more settings with a 100kBps upload speed (max) or should I see about upgrading internet speeds?

Also, I managed to break something by installing so many livestreaming and recording apps before, all games slowed to a crawl (major fps issues even at lowest settings) so I now to be careful about how many apps I install. Any ideas what I could have borked (just to satisfy my addiction to information :p)?

Will be streaming Firefall and PlanetSide2 when I get this all sorted :)

Internet speeds have very little to do with how well you can record, but how well you can supply the rtmp server with your information. The lower your kbps encoding the less you will have to transmit to the RTMP server. You also run across the issue of buffering etc etc.... For better instructions it would be better to know your connection specs, intended quality, and streaming application of choice.

Your bitrate upload to the rtmp server should be no more than 75% your max upload for buffering purposes. If you have a max upload of 100kBps you would want your max encoding rate should be set to 614kbps.

At that bitrate you are restricted by motion accuracy quality (quality of picture in moving scenes) and you are restricted by resolution.

I would suggest starting at 640x360 and make your encoding rate 614kbps. You can get really nice quality at that resolution. People viewing in a youtube sized window will really enjoy the smoothness and accurate motion capture with that bitrate & resolution.

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)

Just boring broadband atm, no fibre optic.
I was hoping to get the quality high enough for people to be able to read the chat box, but I might be wishing for too much :eek: I see a lot of recommendations on ffsplit and it feels much better than XSplit so I'd like to use that.

I didn't think it was worth trying a bitrate that low, I'm going to give a test after work tonight hopefully. I saw everyone else streaming at 1080p with great quality and I thought "oooh I can do that" :laugh:

Cheers man

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2291719998.png
Just boring broadband atm, no fibre optic.
I was hoping to get the quality high enough for people to be able to read the chat box, but I might be wishing for too much :eek: I see a lot of recommendations on ffsplit and it feels much better than XSplit so I'd like to use that.

I didn't think it was worth trying a bitrate that low, I'm going to give a test after work tonight hopefully. I saw everyone else streaming at 1080p with great quality and I thought "oooh I can do that" :laugh:

Cheers man

::EDIT:: My original observations were correct whoops D: If you want any help with your stream just PM me or ask here. I'd be happy to help.

Last edited:

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Please post your recording settings as screenshots! I'd love to see if there was a way to optimize your capture!

By the way friends a new version of FF Split has been released,

Change logs for the past two major releases/fixes,

FFsplit 0.6.0.1 Released!
Posted by: Llama
FFsplit has been updated to 0.6.0.1!
Start FFsplit and select yes when it ask if you want to update. Or run FFupdater.exe from the FFsplit directory.

Change log:

New Features:

Added more comprehensive debug information
Added help text on empty FFsource scene
Auto save logs of last session
Bug Fixes:

Fixed Out of Memory Exception
Fixed settings not saving properly
Fixed scenes getting stuck after repeated removal
Screen region uses less resources when not streaming
Changes:
Webcam Source is now Capture Source
Notes:

Generic GDI+ Exception
Dialog boxes will freeze the overlay and disconnect you. For now don’t edit the scene while streaming
We will be hotfixing most of these issues during the day. Guides will be updated in the coming week.
Click here for change log history.

Don’t know how to stream? Go to our Streaming Tutorial section for a complete guide on how to get you started. If you have any issues please go to our Bugs and Technical Problems forum or visit our IRC Chat.

Nov

Unable to load DLL ‘FFsource.dll’
If you’ve been receiving this error please update to the latest DirectX version here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Nov

FFsplit 0.6 Released!
FFsplit has been updated to 0.6!
Start FFsplit and select yes when it ask if you want to update. Or run FFupdater.exe from the FFsplit directory.

Change log:

New Features:

FFsource
Added Scenes
Added multiple capture sources
Added all image formats
Added text, text File, online file, text update, scrolling text, text color
Added Webcam Source. (any software source will function)
Added Experimental Screen Capture (full and region)
Bug Fixes:

Fixed debug log causing lag on very large log files
Notes:

Generic GDI+ Exception
Out of Memory Exception
Dialog boxes will freeze the overlay and disconnect you. For now don’t edit the scene while streaming

:rockout:

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
I'm interested in recording video from my PC (which I have this thread bookmarked!), but I'm also really interested in capturing video from console (all generations I own). I've seen some hardware solutions in the wild, but what options do I have for using my PC to intercept the video/audio from the console?

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
I'm interested in recording video from my PC (which I have this thread bookmarked!), but I'm also really interested in capturing video from console (all generations I own). I've seen some hardware solutions in the wild, but what options do I have for using my PC to intercept the video/audio from the console?

Sorry for the late response here Dannibus.

Just wanted to provide you and everyone else here with another option for screen/device capture and streaming.

http://obsproject.com/ - an open source broadcasting project.

My opinion as of ffsplit's latest build is not very positive and I have been using the open broadcaster. It is currently more stable than ffsplit and currently what makes ffsplit unstable is the capture software it uses. Open broadcaster really shines for multi-device capture.

X-split is going to have to step it up or get shut out by small start-up projects like this and FFsplit.

As for capture cards I can give you a few recommendations, but if cost is not an issue I would look as far as the following

PCI-E version of the Black Magic Devices Intensity Pro. It is a complicated beast, and definitely not for all age-groups/educational backgrounds. The important part is that to my knowledge no other device has the compatibility/functionality this card has. Just be warned there's a lot of people who hate this, but my brother uses it exclusively in his streams and captures he puts up on Youtube.

www.youtube.com/user/Piph0

He has been recording DarkSouls recently and it will have been his first game recorded and uploaded to youtube with this capture card. Hopefully those videos are being uploaded because he's been talking my ear off non-stop concerning the quality.

AVermedia has a lot of awesome devices, but finding the best for you can be a challenge.

Hauppauge(sp?) manages an impressive portfolio as long as you can get past the TV/DVR stuff.

Diamond released a couple gamer capture boxes which I am currently reviewing. More information will be covered in a formal review I'm doing for Diamond at the moment. Currently they offer no solution to assist with streaming content although I go through a work-around in my review. Unfortunately it does not offload encoding from the cpu when using this work around, but you will get your video game capture.

You also have the option of Elgato Game Capture HD which I would go for if you aren't interested in any of the PVR functions and just want game capture. It's small and effective.

Please note that all capture devices are subject to 1080P read-protection. This means that when recording 1080P your device may not be able to capture from its target because of copy protection. Just swap the resolution down to 720P to fix.

Hope this helps!

System Name GLaDOS
Processor AMD FX-9590 X8 4.7GHz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 24GB (2x8GB, 2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMINGOC
Storage WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal PC SSD
Display(s) 2 Acer S231HL 23" LED backlit LCD's on a Dual LCD stand
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow
Audio Device(s) Onboard - Corsair Void Pro Wireless
Power Supply Corsair 850HXi 850W
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Just a little channel my friend Wes and I set up.

TacticalHandleGaming - YouTube

I've been doing some Hitman videos lately, need to encode some more footage and get it edited.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
My Assassins Creed 3 Playlist.
All Naval Battles on youtube, all lined up in a playlist.
Comes to about 80 min worth of all out, Maxed, HD, Naval destruction.
All on a GTX 680.

I :love: the way AC3 does naval battles but I hate how I could never enjoy watching them because I'm to busy dodging cannon fire. :eek:
So with that in mind, I took a very long time and created this..

Assassins Creed 3 Navy Battles in Max HD p1 - YouT...
The link goes straight to the playlist and goes from start to end.
From the first Navy encounter, to the last..So far.

I haven't beaten the game yet.
Done all up to: The giant and the storm and Biddles Hideout.
If there are more, I will add them as I get to them. ;)

:toast:

PS: TY Binge for pointing me to this topic.
I had no idea it was here. :)

UPDATE:
Added "A Bitter End" now.

Last edited:

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Recently I've gotten the chance to write my first capture card review. From this shot can anyone guess which one this is?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 419
System Name Omen
Processor i7-4710HQ
Cooling Dual fan/heatpipe
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 4GB GTX 860M
Storage 256GB PCIE SSD/256GB PNY UHS-1 SD Card
Display(s) 15.6' 1080P
Case Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Brick
Software Win 10
Recently I've gotten the chance to write my first capture card review. From this shot can anyone guess which one this is?

Roxio or Elgato? HD PVR?

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
It's a Diamond GC1000! The review should be up in a couple of days.

:D

If you want an example of what can be done... well I'll add the link after I get home! :toast: