• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Fusion Case Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Everyday driver
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard Asrock 870 Extreme3
Cooling Xigmatek Prime SD1484
Memory 4x GSkill 4GB DDR3 1866
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780ti
Storage 2x WD Black 640GB RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 245BW 1920x1200
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair TX-850
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 SP1
Hey bettz I don't think you have the wires in question connected correctly. The connector with red and black wires labelled M/B PWR GND has to connect to the mobo PWRSW header. The arrow in the picture points to the PWRSW header where you already have something connected. I assume that the black & white wires are from the cases on/off switch. The +5V/GND pins are part of the 4 pin header for the speaker so you shouldn't be connected there.

The red & black wires connect to the PWRSW header on the mobo and the black & white wires get attached to a header on the back of the LCD display board. Should look something like this. If this doesn't help with powering on, using the mobo & case manuals I would re-check all of the connections you made hooking things up during the build. Also have you tried your PSU in your Dad's sytem?

While not the ideal solution you can get away with using a 2 molex to 8 pin adapter as long as you connect the molex connectors to different 12V rails on the PSU. You should really be using a newer PSU that has an 8 pin EPS +12V connector.

System Name Bella
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard MSI MAG B550M
Cooling SCYTHE SCMG-5100 Mugen
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce GTX1060
Storage Western DIgital Caviar 250GB SATA & Crucial 256GB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE247H
Case Bitfenix Prodigy M
Power Supply Be quiet 530w
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE
Software Windows 10
Hey bettz I don't think you have the wires in question connected correctly. The connector with red and black wires labelled M/B PWR GND has to connect to the mobo PWRSW header. The arrow in the picture points to the PWRSW header where you already have something connected. I assume that the black & white wires are from the cases on/off switch. The +5V/GND pins are part of the 4 pin header for the speaker so you shouldn't be connected there.

http://img.techpowerup.org/121027/photo-1copy_a.jpg

The red & black wires connect to the PWRSW header on the mobo and the black & white wires get attached to a header on the back of the LCD display board. Should look something like this. If this doesn't help with powering on, using the mobo & case manuals I would re-check all of the connections you made hooking things up during the build. Also have you tried your PSU in your Dad's sytem?

http://img.techpowerup.org/121027/faq_24_12b.jpg

While not the ideal solution you can get away with using a 2 molex to 8 pin adapter as long as you connect the molex connectors to different 12V rails on the PSU. You should really be using a newer PSU that has an 8 pin EPS +12V connector.

The 3 wires that are connected via the header are labelled hdd led,pwr & reset. The two plugs that are confusing me Gnd & Mb/Pwr do these connect into the back of the LCD screen? Is that what you meant? I can't find any other place on the motherboard where they would go

I've given uP with the psu it's been binned!! I've a be quiet one that I've ordered also had to buy a 3 pin to 4 pin molex as the antec psu had a 24 pin + 3 pin cable which I think powers the LCD screen hoping I can just use the 3 pin to 4 pin molex for that

I've just found this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-systems/727089-antec-fusion-wires.html

System Name Everyday driver
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard Asrock 870 Extreme3
Cooling Xigmatek Prime SD1484
Memory 4x GSkill 4GB DDR3 1866
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780ti
Storage 2x WD Black 640GB RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 245BW 1920x1200
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair TX-850
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 SP1
Where do the black & white wires that are already on the mobo 2 pin pwr header come from? The manual says that the black & red wires from your case should connect to the mobo pwr header. Just out of curiosity have you tried using the remote to turn on the system. I have read that early Fusion cases would only allow you to turn on by either the front button or the remote but not both. Maybe the black & white is for the remote and the red & black is for the front button.

System Name Bella
Display(s) Asus VE247H
Case Bitfenix Prodigy M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE
Software Windows 10
Where do the black & white wires that are already on the mobo 2 pin pwr header come from? The manual says that the black & red wires from your case should connect to the mobo pwr header. Just out of curiosity have you tried using the remote to turn on the system. I have read that early Fusion cases would only allow you to turn on by either the front button or the remote but not both. Maybe the black & white is for the remote and the red & black is for the front button.

I'll get back to you on that one when I get back home.

I've seen this diagram

Also this which confuses me is this loss the old version antec case?

Last edited:
System Name Bella
Display(s) Asus VE247H
Case Bitfenix Prodigy M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE
Software Windows 10
Right the Black & White wires that are in the PWR.SW header on the mobo look like they come from the Power button on the front of the case.The red & Black go to the reset button on the front of the case so they both look ok? The 2 single pins MB/PWR & GND come from the lcd screen :confused::confused: along with the 3 pin that goes into the psu

TheJay

I know this is an old thread but I have just been given this case and don't know what to do about the three pin power connector for the display. I don't have anything on my PSU that would connect to it.

What did you all end up doing?

System Name Bella
Display(s) Asus VE247H
Case Bitfenix Prodigy M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE
Software Windows 10
I know this is an old thread but I have just been given this case and don't know what to do about the three pin power connector for the display. I don't have anything on my PSU that would connect to it.

What did you all end up doing?
I'm sorry I can't help I've no had that case for a long time I can't remember.

Hope you get it sorted.

Just checked my emails and I did end up buying a 24P+3P Power Adapter Extension from antec is this maybe what your after?

TheJay

I'm sorry I can't help I've no had that case for a long time I can't remember.

Hope you get it sorted.

Just checked my emails and I did end up buying a 24P+3P Power Adapter Extension from antec is this maybe what your after?

Thanks so much for replying. That's what I am looking for or information on using a 24 pin ATX extender cable and what wires go where.

System Name Bella
Display(s) Asus VE247H
Case Bitfenix Prodigy M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE
Software Windows 10
Thanks so much for replying. That's what I am looking for or information on using a 24 pin ATX extender cable and what wires go where.
I had to email antec and they made a invoice via PayPal the link I've got is no longer working

The address i emailed is jsean@antec.com he was brilliant but it was 8 years ago

Last edited:

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Please start your own thread as you might get updated info.

Status
Not open for further replies.