• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Performance/Gaming Computer Build, budget ~$1500 give or take

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the keyboard today. It is a very high quality look and feel. However, the keys themselves do not light up very brightly. Also the feel of the keypress is kind of dull. That's the only way I can describe it. Makes me actually crave the click :/

That said, it really does do a FULL color spectrum of backlight. You can have up to 5 profiles with the software. Personally I use white all the time. I only cared about the white backlight; although being able to change the colors is cool. Also it gives thee option to turn off the Tt big red logo light, with each profile. This is nice.

There are programmable macro keys on the right and left. It takes a bit of a learning curve though and I'm still not sure how to define it was a key. But, it makes it easy to link it to a program.

You need to make sure to click the "upload" button in the software after you finish. But there is a popup that reminds you to save if you try to close the software without saving. Then after you save, you need to click the profile key on the keyboard to switch to your new profile.

The minus key for some reason does not work (the one next to 0 above the letter keys; the number pad minus key works). All the other keys work fine. The plug-in hand-fan is pretty cool (no pun intended); although I found it was a bit cold. But good if your room is warm. There is a large port on the top back left (facing monitor) in which you can place the hand fan when you are not using it.

The keyboard actually has two onboard USB ports for plugging in other things. This is useful, you can plug a mouse and other things in; although it does not provide enough power for a 2.5" external HDD. It also has a physical headphone and microphone jack (although when I use a microphone I use a USB microphone).

Overall, although the keys could be brighter, it is a good solid keyboard of sturdy construction.

------------------------

All that said, I just bought the Logitech G110 also. I liked how it has an individual LED for each key - hopefully the keys will be brighter. It also allows to customize it to be whatever color you want. It's a good price, too.
I am going to try them both and choose one. Then I will sell the other.

Logitech G110 pictures:

I was going to get the Luxeed U7 Crossover, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I think they have been discontinued and I don't know if the company is even in business anymore.

Last edited:
System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
The page for it on newegg says it comes with an adapter to fit 2 2.5s in a 3.5 slot

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
And here I thought Corsair ram was budget ram...

Corsair Ram is Really good just the price is too much for them when Mushkin, Gskill make really good ram for better pricing

PSU does not turn on. It is connected to the motherboard and I tried another outlet, but I know for sure both outlets work. Processor and RAM are not installed, but PSU should at least still turn on, and fans and lights should turn on. But absolutely nothing happens. Returning for RMA replacement.

Motherboard comes with only two SATA cables, so it looks like I'm going to need to buy some more cables for extra hard drives.
--Update: bought four (black) SataII cables on ebay for $4.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
PSU does not turn on. It is connected to the motherboard and I tried another outlet, but I know for sure both outlets work. Processor and RAM are not installed, but PSU should at least still turn on, and fans and lights should turn on. But absolutely nothing happens. Returning for RMA replacement.

Motherboard comes with only two SATA cables, so it looks like I'm going to need to buy some more cables for extra hard drives.

Bench run your motherboard and necessary components on non conductive and static free surface. a motherboard normally needs a cpu installed first before it will power up. grounding issue it sounds like. reset the cmos too. read your motherboard and system components manuals. do not run cpu without heatsink installed properly

Bench run your motherboard and necessary components on non conductive and static free surface. a motherboard normally needs a cpu installed first before it will power up. grounding issue it sounds like. reset the cmos too. read your motherboard and system components manuals. do not run cpu without heatsink installed properly

What do you mean by grounding issue? What can I do to fix the issue, or does it need to be replaced?
By the way, I did read the entire manual for the motherboard. I made sure all the leads were plugged into the right places. I made sure everything was plugged in firmly.

As far as the CPU, I haven't received it yet.

-

Also, I saw there is a port on my motherboard called JTURBO1. Research tells me this is for the MSI MultiConnect-Panel. However, I am having trouble finding one to buy. I checked Google, Newegg, eBay, to no avail. Update: I just scoured the entire internet including all the retailers from the MSI website, but I could not find one to buy.

--

I was thinking about this CPU cooler (I'm getting 3770K): COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatp...
What do you think? Worth it?
I also saw this, but I can't tell the difference: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Contin...

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
ok what i was saying is if the motherboard and other parts are in the case, if say the back of the motherboard is touching the case or even a PCI bracket from a video card is touching the motherboard and case at same time, it can cause the machine to fail to boot/powerup, i forgot to mention even the IO shield can cause that too.

What do you mean by grounding issue? What can I do to fix the issue, or does it need to be replaced?
By the way, I did read the entire manual for the motherboard. I made sure all the leads were plugged into the right places. I made sure everything was plugged in firmly.

As far as the CPU, I haven't received it yet.

-

Also, I saw there is a port on my motherboard called JTURBO1. Research tells me this is for the MSI MultiConnect-Panel. However, I am having trouble finding one to buy. I checked Google, Newegg, eBay, to no avail. Update: I just scoured the entire internet including all the retailers from the MSI website, but I could not find one to buy.

--

I was thinking about this CPU cooler (I'm getting 3770K): COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatp...
What do you think? Worth it?
I also saw this, but I can't tell the difference: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Contin...

ok what i was saying is if the motherboard and other parts are in the case, if say the back of the motherboard is touching the case or even a PCI bracket from a video card is touching the motherboard and case at same time, it can cause the machine to fail to boot/powerup, i forgot to mention even the IO shield can cause that too.

UPDATE: The Paperclip Test worked. So perhaps the issue is with the motherboard.

Maybe not having the CPU is causing the issue? I suppose I can wait until the CPU arrives and see if it works then.

p.s. I don't have a video card installed yet.
p.s.s. I double-checked and the motherboard is definitely not touching the case anywhere.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

No it should not turn on. You have to have RAM and CPU. It's not an issue, it's just how it works. Your CPU has GPU in it so you don't need one of those.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
for me its been primarily the CPU not being installed that prevents a powerup otherwise during POST you wont get a memory count or it will state install memory

for me its been primarily the CPU not being installed that prevents a powerup otherwise during POST you wont get a memory count or it will state install memory

ok. Please note that not even the fans turn on. But with the paperclip test the fan I connected did turn on.

So I suppose I'll wait until the CPU arrives. Then if it still doesn't turn on then it must be a faulty motherboard. Hopefully not!

No it should not turn on. You have to have RAM and CPU. It's not an issue, it's just how it works. Your CPU has GPU in it so you don't need one of those.

Thanks for the tip. I'll wait for the CPU. The RAM arrives today.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
ok. Please note that not even the fans turn on. But with the paperclip test the fan I connected did turn on.

No worries that's normal. It depends a bit on the motherboard (iirc), but many motherboards just do nothing when they're lacking a CPU.

The page for it on newegg says it comes with an adapter to fit 2 2.5s in a 3.5 slot

Wish you'd have posted this before I bought one; now I have two lol

[merged]

UPDATE: PICTURES COMING SOON!
I've got everything assembled now, just waiting for graphics cards and CPU!

Last edited:
How good will 3770K + 2x 7950 crossfire be for folding, and power consumption?

About to finish up my build here soon whenever the cpu and graphics cards arrive. Wondering about power consumption and if it will be good for folding.

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
I seem to remember CaDaveCa saying that his crossfire 7970s and his 3770k were pulling around 300watts from the wall on stock, but once overclocked shot up to around 700 watts. These parts will be awesome at anything you throw at them, the hyperthreading will help with crunching too :).

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I seem to remember CaDaveCa saying that his crossfire 7970s and his 3770k were pulling around 300watts from the wall on stock, but once overclocked shot up to around 700 watts. These parts will be awesome at anything you throw at them, the hyperthreading will help with crunching too :).

400W, actually. 398W, to be precise.

With cards @ 1250 MHz, yeah, 697W. CPU pulls 90W @ 4.6 GHz, 50W for board, say another 25W for fans and drives, the rest is VGA.

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
400W, actually. 398W, to be precise.

With cards @ 1250 MHz, yeah, 697W. CPU pulls 90W @ 4.6 GHz, 50W for board, say another 25W for fans and drives, the rest is VGA.

You're like a super hero, you instantly pop up in the thread when you've been mentioned.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You're like a super hero, you instantly pop up in the thread when you've been mentioned.

my TPU-sense was tingling. ;)

lol thanks. Is that a constant 398W? I would like to not increase my power bill.

No, that was peak. Measured from the wall, too, BTW add 25W for monitor(well, MY monitor).

I was pretty amazed, honestly, that it was s olow.

Status
Not open for further replies.