• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE version and full hd6970 support.

Hey, when can we edit the clocks in the bios of hd6970's?
My reason is to up the idle clocks cause of; "AMD Display driver stopped working and recoverd." message. Since you can adjust the idle clocks in CCC's profiles I don't have it anymore, but it still happens before it loads up CCC in windows. I want to put an end to this problem.
Will RBE ever been updating again or is it dead? If it will.. can I expect a working edited bios of the hd6970's clocks? I hope so :rolleyes:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Hey, when can we edit the clocks in the bios of hd6970's?
My reason is to up the idle clocks cause of; "AMD Display driver stopped working and recoverd." message. Since you can adjust the idle clocks in CCC's profiles I don't have it anymore, but it still happens before it loads up CCC in windows. I want to put an end to this problem.
Will RBE ever been updating again or is it dead? If it will.. can I expect a working edited bios of the hd6970's clocks? I hope so :rolleyes:

When does this happen? I'm willing to bet there is a better fix that doesn't require you to edit and flash your BIOS. Could you describe what you can do that leads up to the driver not responding as well as informing us as to what your hardware is and what version of Catalyst you're currently running?

When does this happen? I'm willing to bet there is a better fix that doesn't require you to edit and flash your BIOS. Could you describe what you can do that leads up to the driver not responding as well as informing us as to what your hardware is and what version of Catalyst you're currently running?

my system specs are also on this forum;
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/member.php?u=126709

I've got an whole new system and had this problem on the older setup aswell.. the only things I took from the older setup, were the 2 SSD's, HDD, HD6970 and the Corsair power supply, the rest is new.

Edit; The problem normally happens when getting from Idle to load speeds and that was in; By entering desktop, scrolling over the internet & gaming. The parts; scrolling over the internet and gaming, where fixed cause of upping the idle clocks in my CCC profile, but since it has to load CCC on startup first I will get 1 freeze and like to outtake this one aswell by doing this.

Last edited: