• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to remove Windows 8 and install windows 7?

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
CTRL + X is the best thing you can use in windows 8. Also Start8 is a good start menu restorer. I did downgrade back due to wireless connection issues.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
good lord people. if you can add your own gpu to your rig you can get a start menu up and running in windows 8...

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
I know, riiiiight? :p

PruGuy

Uninstalling Windows 8 and reinstalling Windows 7

Microsoft locked users into Windows 8 once you have upgraded or did a clean install, since all Windows 8 hardware will be shipping with UEFI secure boot enabled by default. Furthermore, the Windows 8 operating system install will modify your BIOS to use UEFI by default. If you have a newer hardware system with newer UEFI bios support, you MUST change your BIOS setting to boot the Windows 7 system disk using Legacy BIOS settings. Failure to do this will result in the install locking up at the first screen. This is true even if you try to do the install of Windows 7 from Windows 8 by loading your Windows 7 system install disk and running SETUP. You will think all is well, until the system is ready to boot into Windows 7 for the first time. It then locks up again.

If you are an unfortunate one that loaded Windows 8 on a hardware with a legacy BIOS, there is no option to reset the BIOS from UEFI BIOS to Legacy. The only choice you have is to re-flash your BIOS, since the Windows 8 install has already updated it to UEFI to support their Secure Boot feature.

Re-flashing your BIOS back to it's previous version should allow you to do a clean boot of Windows 7, in most cases.

By the way, the above is true for Windows XP and VISTA (thank you very much, Microsoft!!)

GOOD LUCK! I'm told The Geek Squad charges $150.00 for this, and further advises ALL legacy hardware owners NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.

brandonwh64

Microsoft locked users into Windows 8 once you have upgraded or did a clean install, since all Windows 8 hardware will be shipping with UEFI secure boot enabled by default. Furthermore, the Windows 8 operating system install will modify your BIOS to use UEFI by default. If you have a newer hardware system with newer UEFI bios support, you MUST change your BIOS setting to boot the Windows 7 system disk using Legacy BIOS settings. Failure to do this will result in the install locking up at the first screen. This is true even if you try to do the install of Windows 7 from Windows 8 by loading your Windows 7 system install disk and running SETUP. You will think all is well, until the system is ready to boot into Windows 7 for the first time. It then locks up again.

If you are an unfortunate one that loaded Windows 8 on a hardware with a legacy BIOS, there is no option to reset the BIOS from UEFI BIOS to Legacy. The only choice you have is to re-flash your BIOS, since the Windows 8 install has already updated it to UEFI to support their Secure Boot feature.

Re-flashing your BIOS back to it's previous version should allow you to do a clean boot of Windows 7, in most cases.

By the way, the above is true for Windows XP and VISTA (thank you very much, Microsoft!!)

GOOD LUCK! I'm told The Geek Squad charges $150.00 for this, and further advises ALL legacy hardware owners NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.

I have installed windows 8 multiple times and it didn't flash a UEFI bios to my motherboard?

System Name Mobydick
Processor Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4
Motherboard MSI M Power
Cooling CM TPC 812
Memory patriot 8gb x 2
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970
Storage Kingston hyper x 3k 120ssd,Samsung 256ssd, seagate 750gb green
Display(s) Benq XL2720Z
Case Haf X
Audio Device(s) creative soundblast xz
Power Supply EVGA G2 850w
Mouse deathadder chroma
Keyboard logitech g710
Software Windows 7 64bit
this thread makes me wanna upgrade, but is it really worth it? does 8 use up less resources? if i could make 8 look like 7 im in.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member

GOOD LUCK! I'm told The Geek Squad charges $150.00 for this, and further advises ALL legacy hardware owners NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.]

I have installed and uninstalled Windows 8 (various versions)... None have change the bios, tables, or anything on the systems.

Show the proof of your claims.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
this thread makes me wanna upgrade, but is it really worth it? does 8 use up less resources? if i could make 8 look like 7 im in.

windows 7 transformation pack for windows 8 I guess

PruGuy

uninstalling win 8 and reinstalling win7

There is No problem uninstalling win8d and reinstalling win8. The problem comes when you want to install any other operating system on that same system. The Secure Boot feature doesn't allow you to do it, as it freezes up.

You can verify that the BIOS has been changed by disconnecting the hard drive prior to beginning the win 7 install from CD. When you do this, the install freezes at the first screen.

All subsequent win 8 installs proceed normally.

As a side note: Windows Home Server 2011 Restore is also useless as it does not support UEFI SECURE BOOT. I was able to use Windows Home Server 2011 with Win8, as Backups seemed to perform normally. However, these backups are useless since RESTORE does not boot, and freezes up.

My system:

SHUTTLE 67h3 with I5-2500 and 12 gb

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
+1 for the Start menu route. Using W8 + Start8. Tested about 6 programs and it's the best I found.

There's a few more things you need to do, like set the default programs (all files default to metro apps, for example clicking on a jpg opens the images app instead of the previewer) but once you customize it to your liking is practically indistinguishable from W7.

brandonwh64

There is No problem uninstalling win8d and reinstalling win8. The problem comes when you want to install any other operating system on that same system. The Secure Boot feature doesn't allow you to do it, as it freezes up.

You can verify that the BIOS has been changed by disconnecting the hard drive prior to beginning the win 7 install from CD. When you do this, the install freezes at the first screen.

All subsequent win 8 installs proceed normally.

As a side note: Windows Home Server 2011 Restore is also useless as it does not support UEFI SECURE BOOT. I was able to use Windows Home Server 2011 with Win8, as Backups seemed to perform normally. However, these backups are useless since RESTORE does not boot, and freezes up.

My system:

SHUTTLE 67h3 with I5-2500 and 12 gb

False again, I have installed and reinstall windows 8/7/linux many times in the past 2-3 months without a single issue.

Processor Core i5-10400
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w

Are you sure? I installed W8 on my backup rig for a while and could go back to W7 with no problems, no BIOS flashing, no CMOS resetting, nothing. My backup rig is as legacy as it gets: LGA775 865PE board, DDR1 RAM, AGP slot, SATA1 ports, floppy, etc., etc. Only reason as to why I went back to W7 was because fast boot didn't play nice with the board (it actually took longer than normal boot) and I felt as if the system "stuttered" from time to time. I don't fault W8 for that thought, it's a wonder that it worked as good as it did on that old hardware:

W8 works but has some rugged edges on this board. Haven't got BSODs but you can tell the system isn't performing 100%. Sometimes it takes a while for the system to acknowledge commands, like CTRl+ALt+Supr and startup times are longer than W7. I don't fault W8 for this though; it wasn't supposed to support such an old chipset.

If you're happy with W7 don't bother. I wouldn't have upgraded myself if not for the $15 upgrade offer but I haven't found a reason to go back to W7 either. It took me about a week to tame W8 though but after that it's a smooth sailing. Start8 skips the Start screen and boots directly to Desktop, haven't seen a metro app in ages.

Last edited:

PruGuy

Uninstalling Windows 8 and re-installing Windows 7

Thank you for your comments........

Here is what MS has done.

Microsoft has done its own implementation of secure boot for reasons it refuses to divulge; the public statements are that it is done for the security of users. A process of matching of cryptographic keys takes place at boot-time to ensure that one is booting a genuine copy of Windows 8 and that it has not been tampered with.

All Windows 8 PCs or laptops that are sold by grey-box or other dealers come with secure boot turned on. This means that one cannot install another operating system, either to replace Windows or as an addition, on the same box. Not unless the operating system can boot on a box that is configured for secure boot. Else, one has to get into the UEFI BIOS and turn off secure boot. This is possible on the x86 platform.

Motherboard manufacturers appear to be loath to use the term "secure boot" on their packaging; ASUS has a "Windows 8 ready" sticker on some boxes, with an instruction that readiness may depend on the updating of the BIOS or the installation of drivers.

My guess is that you are using a pre-release copy of Windows 8, and not the RETAIL version. If this is the case, you won't experience the problems that I have experienced. My Shuttle system has definitely undergone a BIOS change during Windows 8 install (actually, I did an upgrade with the $39.95 retail upgrade.) As I mentioned earlier, my system locks up WITH NO HARD DRIVE INSTALLED, while trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 from CD/ROM. Installation of Windows XP causes the "blue screen of death".

It doesn't seem likely that this problem is unique to the Shuttle SH67H3, but Shuttle's support department and MS's support department have been unable to fix the issue. BIOS re-flash procedures have NOT restored the legacy BIOS, which is probably unique to Shuttle on this one system. It's nice that their Bare bone systems also have a 3 year warranty.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
Its not even that big of a deal not having a start menu. Can put anything you need quick access to either on desktop or the bottom bar. I've learned to live with it. I missed it at first but now that I haven't had it in a while, no problem.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
It wouldn't even take 5 minutes to teach someone the differences of win 8 to win 7 and how to use it.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
Click Here for Start8

I purchased Start8 for 4.99 on a laptop that I recently picked up from Wal-Mart. It's the HP Envy6-1129WM(Click) and only comes with Windows 8. Great little laptop, highly recommend!

Start8 is the best utility I've bought in years, it gave me a chance to bring back the start button and get used to the differences in Windows 8 vs. 7. If anything...it helped to ease the transition...Metro isn't all that bad once you get rid of all the pre-installed junk. I don't really use it much, but once there are a lot of apps, I could see myself using it more.

If a person doesn't like Metro in 8, get them this little program...works perfectly.

Best,

LC

Last edited:
System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
It wouldn't even take 5 minutes to teach someone the differences of win 8 to win 7 and how to use it.

For some reason people have difficulty grasping change. I tried to show my friend a couple of things but there all freaked out over the difference

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
For some reason people have difficulty grasping change. I tried to show my friend a couple of things but there all freaked out over the difference

PPL are just stubborn.

System Name Zim
Processor AMD FX-6300
Motherboard GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 2.0)
Cooling AMD Stock with heat pipes
Memory Corsair CMV8GX3M2A1333C9 2x 8GB Kit DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti FPB
Storage Western Digital WD RE4 1TB - Main
Display(s) HP LP2465 1920x1200
Case COOLMAX CS-480
Audio Device(s) Intergrated VIA VT2021
Power Supply hec X-Power Pro 600
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
If you love DRM you will love Windows 8.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Why does everyone who likes Win8 think that the people who don't like it just jumped on the bandwagon of haters, this notion pisses me off, I bought Win8 I ran it for a month and uninstalled it.

I gave it a really good going over and even replaced my 6+ month old Windows 7 installation, completely made the switch used a classic start menu and still did not like it, there are things that are too unnecessary, it's not intuitive, it still opens some files with metro apps by default, the metro store is lacking, the metro apps are buggy, it wasn't as stable as my Win7 install and I got regular crashes and reboots etc etc

Needless to say I gave it as much of a chance as I could have, I have now gone back to Windows 7 and not had a single issue, I could care less there's no SP2 for Win7, it is optimised, intuitive and stable, the only time I see myself upgrading to Windows 8 is if DX12 brings something significant to the table, which I can't see happening.

I have always been an MS OS early adopter, I ran Windows XP on a PII 266mhz with 256MB RAM for a long time and ran Vista when it was BETA all the way through to release when I bought it, until Windows 7 was released, I had no issues with either unlike Windows 8.

But to each their own, I'm not saying because I didn't like it nor should anyone else, likewise the people who do like it should stop assuming people who don't have not used it and are just repeating what others have said. If the same arguments keep coming up for and against it it stands to reason that they are valid arguments and some people are going to dislike it.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
Why does everyone who likes Win8 think that the people who don't like it just jumped on the bandwagon of haters, this notion pisses me off, I bought Win8 I ran it for a month and uninstalled it.

I don't think that. I think the people who dislike Win 8 are lazy and don't like trying to figure out new things. Give Linux a shot. After that go back to Windows 8, then you can talk to me about how much work it is to figure things out.

Raw

System Name it's a computer
Processor INTEL i5-2500K OC'ed @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z68-V DELUXE Gen3
Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB
Storage Intel® Solid-State Drive 730 Series SSDSC2BP240G4R5 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC
Display(s) SAMSUNG 24HD Model # 2494 Sync Master
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Gold AX850 Full Modular
Software Windows 10
I had zero issues getting rid of Windows 8

Here is what MS has done.

Microsoft has done its own implementation of secure boot for reasons it refuses to divulge; the public statements are that it is done for the security of users. A process of matching of cryptographic keys takes place at boot-time to ensure that one is booting a genuine copy of Windows 8 and that it has not been tampered with.

All Windows 8 PCs or laptops that are sold by grey-box or other dealers come with secure boot turned on. This means that one cannot install another operating system, either to replace Windows or as an addition, on the same box. Not unless the operating system can boot on a box that is configured for secure boot. Else, one has to get into the UEFI BIOS and turn off secure boot. This is possible on the x86 platform.

Motherboard manufacturers appear to be loath to use the term "secure boot" on their packaging; ASUS has a "Windows 8 ready" sticker on some boxes, with an instruction that readiness may depend on the updating of the BIOS or the installation of drivers.

My guess is that you are using a pre-release copy of Windows 8, and not the RETAIL version. If this is the case, you won't experience the problems that I have experienced. My Shuttle system has definitely undergone a BIOS change during Windows 8 install (actually, I did an upgrade with the $39.95 retail upgrade.) As I mentioned earlier, my system locks up WITH NO HARD DRIVE INSTALLED, while trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 from CD/ROM. Installation of Windows XP causes the "blue screen of death".

It doesn't seem likely that this problem is unique to the Shuttle SH67H3, but Shuttle's support department and MS's support department have been unable to fix the issue. BIOS re-flash procedures have NOT restored the legacy BIOS, which is probably unique to Shuttle on this one system. It's nice that their Bare bone systems also have a 3 year warranty.

Are you saying this relates to just store bought computers like Dell and HP, etc?
I don't think you mean this to relate to what most of us use here @ TPU...custom built by the owner machines.
Correct me if I mis-understand.
I have uninstalled a RETAIL version of Windows 8 Pro because I just grew to flat out HATE it after some unpleasant and serious issues I experienced with it..(look at my past posts for that info)
I had zero issues getting rid of Windows 8 and installing Windows 7 x 64 to my harddrive.
There was NO bios change done by 8. I never saw a BIOS re-flash procedure attempt try to happen.
I still have my original BIOS version on my Asus mobo.
PS: I donated my Windows 8 Pro CDs to a local charity and THEY didn't even want them..lol. I had to beg them to take them.
I didn't think they would be so up on computer related stuff at the Salvation Army.

Please clear this up for me.

:toast:

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
I don't think that. I think the people who dislike Win 8 are lazy and don't like trying to figure out new things. Give Linux a shot. After that go back to Windows 8, then you can talk to me about how much work it is to figure things out.

Well done skim readin my post and part quoting it :nutkick: exactly my point about people who like Win8, you sound like a fanboy hating on me because I don't agree with you :slap:

Just as a little FYI my pentium 3 HP is running Ubuntu and has been for 3 years of which I have had no issues with, so your argument is fail as I never said I couldn't figure it out, I said it's not as good/optimised, stable or intuitive as previous versions of Windows.

Processor Core i5-10400
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w

Nope, I'm using retail discs:

Just for testing I installed W7 on my HTPC (currently using W8 on it) on a spare drive. No problems downgrading.

Boards were Asrock Conroe865PE (backup rig) and Asrock H61M-GE (htpc). Asrock says H61M-GE is W8 ready: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-GE/

Now, I'm not saying that you didn't encounter issues just that they might not be as universal as you think.

Last edited: