• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! Official IC Diamond Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I know what goes out out of our facility and nothing of that nature,manufacture, configuration has ever crossed our doors.

I have no reason to present anything other than the truth. this sample was sent to me in 2009, during a offering you guys had on HWC, where I was staff. I was told there was a different package for staff, and was sent one of those. Who sent it to me, really I do not know, but it was sent in your name(Nademon), and the problems faced by me with that sample were also faced by other users during that test. When the same was offered this time, I requested you send some to me directly instead.

I actually have screenshots of that thread back then, the reporting I did and the other users as well, which has no disappeared off of that forum. I'll gladly save those for another day.

So, I'll leave it up to you to track down with HWC who sent me that tube. you'll find my post in the thread over there asking for a sample, too.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...n-cooling-7-carat-diamond-tim-giveaway-4.html

So, look...I had a bad experience. You want to say this is not your product, that's fine, and I accept that, and that is why I asked you send me a sample directly earlier in this thread when this offering here first started.

I'm not placing any blame here on anyone. This is just what happened to me, and yes, it did cost me two high-end VGAs.

If HWC staff were misrepresenting themselves as your agents, you might want to look into that as well, and since there are things like the internetwaybackmachine, I have no issue at all stating my side of this story. Anyone with a bit of internet access can follow along and check this all out for themselves.

Anyway this was some time ago, and like I told you, I think you have a good product, that issues here are minor and easily resolved for users in the current test, but what I experienced was definitely far from what you represent as possible. I leave it up to you and anyone that reads this to investigate why.

You can consider this my reporting of long-term testing form that original test I took part in, and that is all.

;)

Last edited:

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
Why bother, The comapany rep is just going to make things up, and then when called on his silliness he will just ignore his misguided attempts to be right while just making things up to make IC Diamond look like it doesn't cause the issue.

I gave before and after images, and as your Noctua base shows marks, he is going to blame Daves uses if the cooler shows damage anyway, just like he is blaming tiny white threads as causing the damage on mine:roll:

This guy is trolling us surely!

I have offered here on public forum to have users send samples directly to an independent materials test lab and we could post the results here.

You did neglect to mention that in a PM that I offered to test the compound but that unfortunately you emptied the tube looking for bits of tim but did not find any.

but I did end up squeezing most of the tube to look for bits in the TIM. While I could not find any, the TIM was too cold to spread thin making it tough to tell.

Seems fair that I offer a lab analysis on any suspected samples, I do not see where I am being disingenuous here.

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
I have no reason to present anything other than the truth. this sample was sent to me in 2009, during a offering you guys had on HWC, where I was staff. I was told there was a different package for staff, and was sent one of those. Who sent it to me, really I do not know, but it was sent in your name(Nademon), and the problems faced by me with that sample were also faced by other users during that test. When the same was offered this time, I requested you send some to me directly instead.

I actually have screenshots of that thread back then, the reporting I did and the other users as well, which has no disappeared off of that forum. I'll gladly save those for another day.

So, I'll leave it up to you to track down with HWC who sent me that tube. you'll find my post in the thread over there asking for a sample, too.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...n-cooling-7-carat-diamond-tim-giveaway-4.html

So, look...I had a bad experience. You want to say this is not your product, that's fine, and I accept that, and that is why I asked you send me a sample directly earlier in this thread when this offering here first started.

I'm not placing any blame here on anyone. This is just what happened to me, and yes, it did cost me two high-end VGAs.

If HWC staff were misrepresenting themselves as your agents, you might want to look into that as well, and since there are things like the internetwaybackmachine, I have no issue at all stating my side of this story. Anyone with a bit of internet access can follow along and check this all out for themselves.

Anyway this was some time ago, and like I told you, I think you have a good product, that issues here are minor and easily resolved for users in the current test, but what I experienced was definitely far from what you represent as possible. I leave it up to you and anyone that reads this to investigate why.

You can consider this my reporting of long-term testing form that original test I took part in, and that is all.

;)

Can you point me to the post? I honestly do not remember it and am having trouble finding it.

Here is the thread.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...est-results-thread-now-accepting-results.html

What you currently have bears no relationship to anything that has left our shop.

I will send you a sample directly from me along with the contact and pressure paper Just PM me your address

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
@dave: how the heck did you destroy gpu's with thermal paste?

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
You did neglect to mention that in a PM that I offered to test the compound but that unfortunately you emptied the tube looking for bits of tim but did not find any.

You also neglect to realize your paste doesn't spread and is why I couldn't find anything! You act as if you think customers can spread the TIM out without it glopping on whatever you spread it with. Hmmm is this why you say not to spread this tim....could it be? You know what, when my cooler arrives just send it back, you have done nothing but prove you are irresponsible and you use peoples information as it suits your needs to build a conspiracy against those who find fault with your products.

How about this, I wont use your compound, nor will I advise anyone else use it either! I dont suggest you send any TIM back with the cooler either, because if you do, I will hold my own scientific tests and go live to my audience with my findings and let the public decide with their own senses instead of having you warp them.

My actual PM to IC Diamond:
IF you want the cooler, that is up to you, but I did end up squeezing most of the tube to look for bits in the TIM. While I could not find any, the TIM was too cold to spread thin making it tough to tell.

See how if you leave parts out of a comment it skews its meaning?

Also if we are pointing fingers about neglecting things, what about you using dust to compare to pitting in my base, or that fact that you even add dust that isn't in the original image to the second image. See what I mean about how you play the angles, you can't just pick what you want to answer about a problem and say its gospel. Where is your reply to that sort of thing?

Also you have a PM, in which I am not anywhere near as polite as I am here. You sir are evil, and I hope karma finds you soon for the angle you are taking with this whole situation.

Last edited:
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
wait wait.. i guess it just go further
why dont talk about item per item first
the paste at some cases got too abrasive. it could from:
  • the hsf material
  • the paste itself
  • contamination from previous paste, the paste or from hsf
  • the way it applied

i believe they report it coz they know theres something that run not right,
but maybe theres a condition where this paste change into abrasive one
some people may dont realize it since they just use it and replace it like after 1 or 2 years so they dont know

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
damum sneeky harsh
/me grabs some popcorn

to ICDiamond rep look ill be honest most of the people here at TPU know quiet a lot and a couple of your posts come off like you are denying everything and casting doubt ever-ware but, on your own product at this point it would be better if you just Admit you have a problem even if you don't believe you do.

I realize this is counter intuitive to what that teach you at marketing school but right now YOU are doing more damage to you and your companies rep by the tone of your posts

and do you know what else I would bet money that next time or sneeky or dave or crazy or erocker goes to put tim on something they will be reaching for MX4 or something from coolit labs I personally have not had any issues with the ICdiamond paste aside from it being a pain in the butt to apply.
I am done with this thread now good luck to all

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
You also neglect to realize your paste doesn't spread and is why I couldn't find anything!

Am I reading this right? I'm not taking anybody's side here :eek:.
You say the paste don't spread? I'm confused :wtf:

I've been using ICD 24K for a few years and tried MX-4/ and AS5, and have turned back to ICDiamond for the fact on how well it cooled my Amd and intel rigs....

If needed I'd be happy to pry the water-block off the cpu and take pictures on how well it spread for me..
I always put a nice blob on the center of the cpu as what the IC Diamond site suggested and in all honesty have never had a single issue with the product.

In all seriousness I would like to see what's really going on here. I've refrained from using any additional IC24 until the issues are resolved.

Seriously? your going to follow the few sheep? *I mean it in the most kind way theonedub :toast:... But have you had any issues with the product?
If so Im sorry I missed your post and take it back :cool:

This thread turned out to be a real bummer for me, Hell this whole fricken place is been a downer lately with all the negativity and bull shit comments, and Im not talking just about this thread... I'm really surprised Wizzard hasn't said anything yet.

Frankly Im just blown away by all this :mad:

Im sticking to my guns on this one and I make my own mind up and not let others make it for me!!!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Well, what about this theory...

If ICD turns into rock hard substance when it comes in contact with rubber, what about an user side contamination of the paste with similar substance as the one that causes ICD to turn rock hard inside the tube that has rubber plunger.

So user applies the ICD, contaminates it somehow, attaches CPU cooler. ICD turns into hard particles where contaminated and when user takes off the cooler, it scratches the surface.

The question here is, what specific substance causes ICD to turn from a grease into rock hard form. It has to be something that was present in those rubber plungers and it seems to be present elsewhere as well, we just don't know what exactly this substance is. If we'd know that it might be easier to find the actual source of contamination.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
This paste is the worst paste, In terms of trying to clean off it makes a mess and it doesn't spread, no where near as much as other paste I used, even with this using a larger blob... It still won't spread out as much...

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
This paste is the worst paste, In terms of trying to clean off it makes a mess and it doesn't spread, no where near as much as other paste I used, even with this using a larger blob... It still won't spread out as much...
Funny how mine spreads out over the entire cpu when using a dap about this big o but then again maybe having a good aftermarket back plate and good block mount does do wonders, also I put the cpu under full prime stress for a few min to help it move where it needs to go from the heat build up..

If ppl's coolers dont have enough locking pressure then take your tube and place it in a cup of hot water for 5 min or so... that helps.

Sure the paste is a bit tough to remove but use 99% iso alcohol and makeup removing pads.

These ones work the best and dont leave cotton bunnies behind.

next

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Funny how mine spreads out over the entire cpu when using a dap about this big o but then again maybe having a good aftermarket back plate and good block mount does do wonders, also I put the cpu under full prime stress for a few min to help it move where it needs to go from the heat build up..

If ppl's coolers dont have enough locking pressure then take your tube and place it in a cup of hot water for 5 min or so... that helps.

Sure the paste is a bit tough to remove but use 99% iso alcohol and makeup removing pads.

These ones work the best and dont leave cotton bunnies behind.

http://img.techpowerup.org/130105/cotton_pads.jpg

next

I know how to apply paste and remove it still doesn't change what I said lol

And if you have to put the tube in warm water that's isn't something you should have to do imo ;)

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
I know how to apply paste and remove it still doesn't change what I said lol

And if you have to put the tube in warm water that's isn't something you should have to do imo ;)
It was just a suggestion for others Dom :toast:

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
Actually upon review we have decided that this is a great opportunity for us to deal with this issue once and for all unequivocally and over the next few days or perhaps weeks we will take all the points one at a time and deal with them in excruciating detail. So be patient.

I acquired from my business partner a number of heat sinks when he sold his website. These are the manufacturers best effort sample heat sinks sent to him for review tested once and thrown into a box and never had an application of IC Diamond.

This post will be edited over the next few days with added subject material.

As a preliminary, a little camera magic

Note that I have a full range of sinks from high quality Swiftech and Therrmalright to lessor quality sinks of unknown manufacture.

This is a high res picture of one of them shot at an angle, not great, not terrible either

Switch angles and it becomes the second worst out of all that I have and you can note the pits, voids, scratches are now visible in the bottom section. Move up a little and the base does not look so bad. So looks can be deceiving and angles and lighting are critical to picking up defects at the initial stage and a before picture should be obviously clear enough at the outset.

A low res or poorly lit/angled picture vs a high res is an apples to oranges comparison.

While ridiculed for noting the white spots on the original sneekypete picture as being the previous indicator of the grossest damage previous to install visible at low resolution we will deal with this in exquisite detail as this unfolds delving into the hard markers vs smoke and mirror discussion. Much,much more to come

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
@dave: how the heck did you destroy gpu's with thermal paste?

There were chunks in the paste that scratched the surface of the GPU deep enough to make it non-functional.

:nutkick:

I pasted two GPUs at once, since they both had slightly different temps, and I wanted to see if they'd still perform differently as it seemed they produced slightly different amounts of heat.

I bought new cards the next day. :p

Truly, I never really blamed IC Diamond for that, since I had other issues in dealings with HWC at the time, like buying stuff out of their store that was listed as new, but showed up most definitely used. Turns out, they sold the same case twice.

I was hired on as a reviewer at HWC, but they had issues getting me samples(economy tanked then, really not their fault). The management there did try to find other work for me, although they weren't honest with me about anything, and their answer was to have me competing with another user posting news, and each week one of the two of us would get a "prize".

That's not what I signed on for, so I quit. I removed my postings from the forum, and they banned me in an effort to not have me raging all over the forum.

Turns out, HWC was also selling IC Diamond paste out of their store. It is possible they sent me a wrong tube, but there being those chunks in that paste is weird no matter what paste I got. IF it wasn't IC Diamond I was sent, then...I don't have any issues with IC Diamond to complain about, now do I?

:p

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
A video I've done today to SHOW MY RESULTS!!!!

There's a brief description in the comments section on each video.

It answers alot of BS postes imo.

[yt]RXCkJ-9HuwI[/yt]

[yt]c9k-3KFgEYo[/yt]

Pictures of my cpu and block

Last edited by a moderator:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
While ridiculed for noting the white spots on the original sneekypete picture as being the previous indicator of the grossest damage previous to install visible at low resolution we will deal with this in exquisite detail as this unfolds delving into the hard markers vs smoke and mirror discussion. Much,much more to come

Just in case you missed it, I will say again, that was dust from my photo booth, not damage, but I do already know you can't read so I forgive you;) Any chance you are going to be at CES, or better, your company will be there so I can talk to someone with some common sense?

@ full, take your fanboyism somewhere else.....that base is not grooved nor made by Noctua, so comparing apples to oranges really doesn't work here, although I am interested to see what reaper gets after a bit of use.

Also since you don't understand English, there is a difference between spreading TIM and compressing it.;)

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Just in case you missed it, I will say again, that was dust from my photo booth, not damage, but I do already know you can't read so I forgive you;)

@ freak, take your fanboyism somewhere else.....that base is not grooved nor made by Noctua, so comparing apples to oranges really doesn't work here, although I am interested to see what reaper gets after a bit of use.

Also since you don't understand English, there is a difference between spreading TIM and compressing it.;)
You talking to me Chad?

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
is there another saying that those who oppose this paste are full of BS? Although I did get the name wrong, allow me to edit for clearity.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I have put this paste on quite a range of products as of late...I have not seen any issues. 3 GTX 470's with waterblocks (pulled once) fuzion v1 (6+ times) and my CM V10 (3 times) never got any pitting and the finishes are fine. I have had pitting once or twice in the past and every time it was my fault.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
is there another saying that those who oppose this paste are full of BS? Although I did get the name wrong, allow me to edit for clearity.
Very professional Chad and being a moderator and name calling??

I was posting MY FINDINGS! I thought this is what this thread was about!? Am I wrong?

I wont stoop to your level and call you names nor try to make you look like an ass as your making a good job of it on your own. I did a little video showing my results, is there a problem with MY FINDINGS?

You call me a fan boy because I have no issues with the product! You ridicule me? I post video and pictures and you trash me?

Dude I've lost all respect for you and wish you the best.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
I get that some people have no issues with this paste, but I thought this was a thread to discuss success and failure of a product, not for someone like me who has nothing to gain to get slammed for showing the failure I had with using this.

Why is it that someone like me who is very reputable in my opinion, is just going to come into a thread like this half cocked, or like I am just out to sully the name of something I didn't even have to pay for. No matter what this rep says, this paste damaged my base, and to make himself feel better, he wont read my posts where I am calling him on every bit of BS he is applying, like lint = previous damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.