• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ArmA II&III HQ

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Wow, this looks really good. I'll have to try this out. :toast:

Be warned objective 1 is setting all ya keys up.. Just messing it's great to have a game that puts a keyboard to good use.

BTW Arma 2 looks good too..

Thinking about it Arma 3 will be the only game i pay top doller for this year unless some thing crazy happens and NWN3 is released lol.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Get your credit cards ready to add one or two more GPU's to run this game at those screenshot settings. Looks amazing.

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Rumor on the BI Studios Forums has it that the ArmA III Community Alpha will be released very soon. Open to all. It even shows up in the Steam Database.
http://steamdb.info/app/107410/
Word is that the Alpha will be released either this spring ~march-April or This Summer.

*************************************UPDATE*****************************************
From what I have read and watch in Dev Info/Previews, they have really ramped up the AI in ArmA III. The AI still has some work to be done on it but, it is no longer the retarded cousin it once was. It is much more human like. As seen in the footage of the bouncing betty going off. The react like real soldiers do.
[yt]hjbJjvK4-6o[/yt]
Complete Demo Footage

Some good old ArmA II Footage

Nothing like a good old dogfight...
[yt]bhFZuDpS-tY[/yt]

And One for Ugly Betty
[yt]yFOg-POCjn4[/yt]

Oh the battlebus

[yt]IRrUhN-Mij0[/yt]

The in-air refuel

The insane

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
According to this article (translate it to English), ArmA 3 may have an Alpha release date in March (going on sale).
http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/arma-3-preview-0d1-/Preview.aspx?c=A130202_163901_bw-preview_das

Bohemia Interactive Studio development approaches his work with love and obviously also with respect to the large community. Therefore, we are optimistic and hope that Arma 3 once again demonstrates superior ability of domestic developers.
Arma 3 is based only on the PC. The sale occurs during March and Czech subtitles.
Zdroj: http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/arma-3-preview-0d1-/Preview.aspx?c=A130202_163901_bw-preview_das

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Looks good.

If they fix the interface, controls, and jettery movement I might be interested.

^^Video above has confirmed that they fixed the movement.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
here is where they discuss the AI and CQB combat
Also from PC Gamer
[yt]IQuQ9J-Z4L4[/yt]

brandonwh64

*UPDATE: 2/21/2013*
Arma 3 will be exclusive to Steam

Bohemia Interactive have announced that their upcoming military sim Arma 3 will be Steam exclusive. As revelations go, it seems rather quaint – at this point developers tying their games to Valve’s Steamworks suite is becoming increasingly the norm. It is, however, BI’s first go at distributor exclusivity, and the team seem aware that the announcement will upset some members of their community. The reason for the move, according to Arma 3′s project lead Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, is that, without Steam, the team wouldn’t be able to release the game in 2013 at all.

“Some of you will remember the huge amount of different distributed versions for Arma 2, and all of the problems associated with it,” he writes. “We needed to spend far too much time on creating and testing all the master copies. Every patch had to be tested for every conceivable combination of distribution, patch and DLC. This drained so many of our resources, that we could not support the game itself as much as we’d have liked. By targeting Steam as our primary distribution, we can take those resources and put them to much better use: making the most splendid game possible.”

Van ‘t Land also points to Steam’s proven distribution infrastructure and ready-made developer tools, as well as the dreaded P-word. “Think of it what you want, but piracy is affecting us as a business.” He claims that Bohemia are working on expanding Steam’s DRM solutions, announcing, “It will be possible to run Steam in Offline mode, and still play the game (with the exception of online services obviously, including multiplayer itself).”

As for the release, Bohemia say they’re gearing up to announce further details in the near future.

SOURCE

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
New Arma III screenshots have been released. ArmA III is looking even more sexy and badass!!:rockout:

What's the deal
Arma 3
As we stand on the verge of revealing our plans for Arma 3, there is one big topic we'd like to get out there first. A long four months ago, I took over as Project Lead for Arma 3, having previously worked on the game as Lead Playable Content. As a team we were facing two quite serious situations: we were not happy with how the project was going, and on top of that two of our colleagues were suddenly arrested for alleged espionage in Greece. The first two months on the job were all about taking an inventory of the project and team, seeing what was going well, what was not, and coming up with plans to fix it all. The mission set by our CEO, Marek Španěl, was clear: do all we can to release Arma 3 in 2013.

One of the steps in this plan has been to select Valve's Steam as our primary platform. Not only is Arma 3 PC-exclusive, but now we have decided to make it Steam-exclusive as well. Since we expect this will upset some of our fans, I'd like to take the time to honestly explain our motivations.

The bottom-line: we feel that without going Steam-exclusive, we would not be able to release Arma 3 in 2013.
Benefits for development
Proven distribution platform

Steam is the leading digital distribution platform for PC games. We have sold our games through Steam for a while now, and Valve has been a good partner. There may be other platforms that handle certain things in a way we or you would prefer, but they simply do not have the reach, support and status Steam does. Recent upgrades to Steamworks have made it an even more interesting option for us as developer and publisher. These include Delta-patching and more direct administration of our games without a middle-man. Had it not been for that, we would have been much more hesitant to make the decision.
Fewer distributed versions

Some of you will remember the huge amount of different distributed versions for Arma 2, and all of the problems associated with it. We needed to spend far too much time on creating and testing all the master copies. Every patch had to be tested for every conceivable combination of distribution, patch and DLC. This drained so many of our resources, that we could not support the game itself as much as we'd have liked. By targeting Steam as our primary distribution, we can take those resources and put them to much better use: making the most splendid game possible.
Ready-made functionality

Arma 3 Steamworks offers a library of features which we can fairly quickly hook into Arma 3. Some of them we wanted to develop anyway, but to do it ourselves would again cost valuable resources. External solutions have their own issues, such as the lack of immediate control, but Steamworks saves us needed time. We can take what we want, make adjustments and make sure it all benefits players and mod makers. I am convinced that without this choice, most of the features would not be available at all.

Piracy

Think of it what you want, but piracy is affecting us as a business. However, Bohemia Interactive has tried to grow with the evolution of the Internet, rather than to fight it. We have removed intrusive Digital Rights Management (DRM) from our games several months after release, but cannot afford to launch without such technologies. We strongly believe the best anti-piracy comes from offering valuable online services that people are willing to invest in. Supporting that philosophy: we saw we could not deliver in-house solutions on time, but could take Steam's and expand upon them. It will be possible to run Steam in Offline mode, and still play the game (with the exception of online services obviously, including multiplayer itself).
Focus on game development

All in all, this means we can as developers do what we like most: game development. And by doing what we like, the results are inevitably better. There is a lot of work that surrounds delivering a game that is anything but creative. Without such work however, we could not survive as a business and keep making games. Please realize that any benefit to us as developers, ultimately should be a benefit to you as player. By going with the chosen approach, we get back into the game.
Benefits for players
Smoother experience

Our belief is that the previous Arma games have had an unacceptably rough setup experience, involving the installation of various support packages and patches. On Steam, all you do is buy the game, download it, and play. Patching is done automatically, and with the introduction of Delta-patching no longer means downloading gigabytes of data. Whereas a few months ago, you would have to re-download entire add-ons when we moved a single tree in the virtual environment, you now only download the offending few kilobytes. Additionally Steam supports some more advanced tools to participate in experimental versions and testing programs via its beta branches. Players who want the smooth experience can just stick with the default version at all times, others get a sneak-peak glimpse at the future and can participate.
Online services

Arma 3 As was eluded to before, Steamworks offers some cool features that we can leverage to enhance the Arma experience where it matters. Internally we did an analysis of which features would make sense in Arma 3, and we even invited you to participate. This resulted in some cool ideas, which are in progress of being implemented. We'll save the exact details for a later update, when we can guarantee these features make it in. One quick and simple thing available to any Steam-powered game is taking screenshots and sharing them. How to best support Dedicated Servers and their admins is another topic we are looking at. To give you two keywords summarizing our priorities: User Generated Content and multiplayer.
Arma 3

It is important not to forget the bottom-line as set out above: we honestly believe that we would not be able to deliver Arma 3 in 2013 without this decision. Now, a few months ahead, we feel strongly that it is paying off, and soon you'll get a chance to see why.
Preemptive answers

So, when will you release Arma 3 then?
"Soon" has become an overused word, but we are preparing all we need to unveil our plans right this moment.
Do I have to run the game through Steam?
Yes, it will be required to run the game through Steam. We do not believe in always-online types of DRM however, so Offline mode will be supported.
Will I be able to buy a boxed copy of Arma 3?
There will be boxed copies in most regions. These may either be Steam Codes in a retail package, or also contain DVD data (speeding up installation). You will still have to run and update through Steam the first time.
I don't want any of the benefits Steam brings me, so why should I care?
There was a very real chance there would be no Arma 3 this year otherwise.
http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/356-arma3-steam-dev-blog

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
EPIC news!!!!

ArmA III Alpha begins on March 5th!!!
Enlist Now on ArmA3.com!!!
:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::respect::respect:

The following are available on March 5th

I will prolly get either the Deluxe package or the Supporter Package. both include 3 additional alpha invites I can give away.
Price for Below ~90 USD
STRATIS 20 KM2
3 FACTIONS
8 VEHICLES
12 WEAPONS
WEAPON ATTACHMENTS
CUSTOMIZABLE GEAR
4 SINGLEPLAYER SHOWCASES
SCENARIO EDITOR (FULL)
2 MULTIPLAYER SCENARIOS
MODDING
3 ALPHA LITE INVITES - as steam gifts
ARMA 3 BETA & FULL GAME
DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK - When ArmA 3 releases
DIGITAL MAPS - When ArmA 3 releases
DIGITAL TACTICAL GUIDE - when ArmA 3 releases
ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT -as a steam gift
ARMA X - as a steam gift
ALL FUTURE ARMA 3 DLCs - not including standalone expansions or sequels
FORUMS BADGE
NAME IN END CREDITS -for first 500 buyers

Price for below ~65USD
STRATIS 20 KM2
3 FACTIONS
8 VEHICLES
12 WEAPONS
WEAPON ATTACHMENTS
CUSTOMIZABLE GEAR
4 SINGLEPLAYER SHOWCASES
SCENARIO EDITOR (FULL)
2 MULTIPLAYER SCENARIOS
MODDING
3 ALPHA LITE INVITES
ARMA 3 BETA & FULL GAME
DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK
DIGITAL MAPS
DIGITAL TACTICAL GUIDE
ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT

Price for Below ~32.66USD

STRATIS 20 KM2
3 FACTIONS
8 VEHICLES
12 WEAPONS
WEAPON ATTACHMENTS
CUSTOMIZABLE GEAR
4 SINGLEPLAYER SHOWCASES
SCENARIO EDITOR (FULL)
2 MULTIPLAYER SCENARIOS
MODDING
3 ALPHA LITE INVITES
ARMA 3 BETA & FULL GAME

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Pfft! They want money for the multiplayer alpha.

NOPE!

brandonwh64

I may just go ahead and preorder the game. I want to do the deluxe but supporter gets all add ons.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Pfft! They want money for the multiplayer alpha.

NOPE!

It includes both Beta and Full Game not just alpha access. there is also the free invite method but good luck on that. I may send you one though. IRRC, BF3 did something similar with the Premium package or was that Borderlands 2?

I may just go ahead and preorder the game. I want to do the deluxe but supporter gets all add ons.

And ArmA X edition too which is currently going for 49.99USD on Steam.
I'm going full out. ~90USD is a lot but it includes a lot too.

brandonwh64

It includes both Beta and Full Game not just alpha access. there is also the free invite method but good luck on that. I may send you one though.

I'm going full out. ~90USD is a lot but it includes a lot too.

I do not know if I can do the all out 90$

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I pre-order nothing. :)

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
I pre-order nothing. :)

that is why I'm sending you a key. Did you get Diablo 3? I believe there was a preorder thing to that as well.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Does it work for the MP?

does not look like it. We will find out though. perhaps you will like the SP and such and go for the Alpha or something. Only time will tell. The Rest of the packages do though.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
They you don't need to send me a key, since I can just sign up for the free alpha access anyways.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Free alpha is not available till march 14th apparently. Also, it appears that TS3 server is down.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
FYI, I put some of your pictures/videos in spoiler tags. Please do so in the future when you're posting several pictures/vids. Thanks.

brandonwh64

FYI, I put some of your pictures/videos in spoiler tags. Please do so in the future when you're posting several pictures/vids. Thanks.

Yea I was wondering why this thread was slow to load.