• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Frame Latency with GTX Titan?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Before you all get your knickers in a twist I was about to punch in the "Place Order" command and then got 2nd thoughts for the 20th time in the past two days. My problem is that price and the downgrade I'd be taking from two 7970's running at 1100MHz.

Here's the deal. A lot of sites are starting to talk about latency and frametimes (especially the one I'm about to source). So PCPerspective is having a chat with Nvidia bigwig Petersen about GTX Titan and I'm watching it all interested.

Here is the link to the video.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB Live Review Recap - P...

If you forward to 50 minutes on the video, you'll see Unigine Heaven kick in (plays in background behind precision and afterburner?). Now, my observation is that in the GTX Titan rendering of Heaven, there is considerable stutter.

Now I know there's a lot of bickering going back and forth but I'm so close to buying a Titan but from the shot in the video I am not impressed by the lack of smoothness.

To confirm my non-trolling credentials, I have played FC3 in crossfire and it was noticeably juddery (not annoying but there nonetheless, in fact , very similar to that Heaven display from the video). My crossfire config would not play MoHW, at all. It doesn't like GW2 as much as it could (not full gpu utlisation, with v-sync off). So yes, crossfire isn't perfect, sometimes it's downright shit and it is not a patch on SLI.
But, on the other hand here's a massive concern - AMD have the console market and they're focusing on drivers (they say). My BF3 experience is very smooth. My Crysis 3 experience is excellent. I get no visible stutter as some sites are pointedly claiming I should!

So, back on topic - is that video showing a choppy performance from a $1000 graphic card?

And again, for the cheap seats. I'm posting because I want one (under water) but I'm gravely concerned about splashing such cash on a card that might not actually be that impressive (given that AMD could potentially be the primary concern for all gaming coding given the console developments and their aggressive new marketing with developers).

Thoughts? And please, be constructive. :toast:

I would like moderators to actively spank AMD or Nvidia fanatics, especially those posting tripe irrelevant to this thread. :nutkick:

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Nice catch on that! Waiting to hear the results. Thank you for the awareness!

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Before you all get your knickers in a twist I was about to punch in the "Place Order" command and then got 2nd thoughts for the 20th time in the past two days. My problem is that price and the downgrade I'd be taking from two 7970's running at 1100MHz.

Here's the deal. A lot of sites are starting to talk about latency and frametimes (especially the one I'm about to source). So PCPerspective is having a chat with Nvidia bigwig Petersen about GTX Titan and I'm watching it all interested.

Here is the link to the video.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB Live Review Recap - P...

If you forward to 50 minutes on the video, you'll see Unigine Heaven kick in (plays in background behind precision and afterburner?). Now, my observation is that in the GTX Titan rendering of Heaven, there is considerable stutter.

Now I know there's a lot of bickering going back and forth but I'm so close to buying a Titan but from the shot in the video I am not impressed by the lack of smoothness.

To confirm my non-trolling credentials, I have played FC3 in crossfire and it was noticeably juddery (not annoying but there nonetheless, in fact , very similar to that Heaven display from the video). My crossfire config would not play MoHW, at all. It doesn't like GW2 as much as it could (not full gpu utlisation, with v-sync off). So yes, crossfire isn't perfect, sometimes it's downright shit and it is not a patch on SLI.
But, on the other hand here's a massive concern - AMD have the console market and they're focusing on drivers (they say). My BF3 experience is very smooth. My Crysis 3 experience is excellent. I get no visible stutter as some sites are pointedly claiming I should!

So, back on topic - is that video showing a choppy performance from a $1000 graphic card?

And again, for the cheap seats. I'm posting because I want one (under water) but I'm gravely concerned about splashing such cash on a card that might not actually be that impressive (given that AMD could potentially be the primary concern for all gaming coding given the console developments and their aggressive new marketing with developers).

Thoughts? And please, be constructive. :toast:

I would like moderators to actively spank AMD or Nvidia fanatics, especially those posting tripe irrelevant to this thread. :nutkick:

thats because of the way windows allocates system resources. as soon as you window that benchmark it is going to move ram and cpu resources to whatever program is active. if they disable the windows aero crap i bet you wouldn't see anything. also, run that in fullscreen mode and it would be fine. /thread

Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
I have run both Heaven and Valley on dual Titans and didnt see any stuttering, perhaps the video capture caused it while they recorded this video :)

But don't take my word for it, I invite you to read some of the numerous reviews available, you'll find some of them even compared specifically the latency of this card with others, and it came out on top (or should I say bottom :p) in most cases among single GPU cards.

As for going from dual 7970GHz to a Titan, you are not going to see any improvement at the res you game, actually, the only improvement you'll notice is in terms of reduced latency, ergo, less stuttering.

IMHO you should probably just keep your 7970s, the 7970 is a monster of a card, and in most cases a X-fire setup will certainly beat a Titan, why don't you add an extra 7970 for half the money? Not that you need it though ;)

I hope that helps :)

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
I have run both Heaven and Valley on dual Titans and didnt see any stuttering, perhaps the video capture caused it while they recorded this video :)

But don't take my word for it, I invite you to read some of the numerous reviews available, you'll find some of them even compared specifically the latency of this card with others, and it came out on top (or should I say bottom :p) in most cases among single GPU cards.

As for going from dual 7970GHz to a Titan, you are not going to see any improvement at the res you game, actually, the only improvement you'll notice is in terms of reduced latency, ergo, less stuttering.

IMHO you should probably just keep your 7970s, the 7970 is a monster of a card, and in most cases a X-fire setup will certainly beat a Titan, why don't you add an extra 7970 for half the money? Not that you need it though ;)

I hope that helps :)

I was actually hoping you'd chip in as i know you have Titans. Yes, TitanS - you greedy bastard!!!

If you've used yours in single set up (no sli) have you found it to be as good as you expected it to be?

If I get one I'll be watercooling so hopefully get way past 1GHz which would claw some ground back over dual 7970's. Plus - no crossfire issues.

Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
I was actually hoping you'd chip in as i know you have Titans. Yes, TitanS - you greedy bastard!!!

If you've used yours in single set up (no sli) have you found it to be as good as you expected it to be?

If I get one I'll be watercooling so hopefully get way past 1GHz which would claw some ground back over dual 7970's. Plus - no crossfire issues.

I used it once only for benching in 3dmark11, it blew past my 680, but still not as fast as the fastest 7970 out there :p

I know others will come and will push this card way beyond me, if you decide to get the Titan, and go with WC you'll certainly be able to go beyond 1200MHz+ :) I've already pushed my cards to 1179MHz on air :)

Really glad to hear you're happy with your 7970s, you have a killer system there! :rockout:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
You know what rubs though?

Way back, before i got my 7970, i was hoping to hold out for GK100 but that was late, so i went red team. Then when the 690 came out I thought... spend all that extra for 690 or get a 2nd 7970 and i am where I am now.

Spiritually, I was meant to have GK100 (GK110). ;)

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Why are you even contemplating a Titan if your HD7970s are running your games fine, except for maybe Far Cry 3, but that game is known to have near zero multi GPU support. Crap performance for a lot of people? Your going to be spending $1000+ for less performance. Doesn't make any sense to me.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
thats because of the way windows allocates system resources. as soon as you window that benchmark it is going to move ram and cpu resources to whatever program is active. if they disable the windows aero crap i bet you wouldn't see anything. also, run that in fullscreen mode and it would be fine. /thread

Except I run Windows8 that doesn't have Aero. /your idea.

:roll:

Frame Latency is only really an issue with multiple cards, really. With a single card it is there, but not too abd, really. The issue that makes it bad is that it DOUBLES with Crossfire, or triples, whatever, depending on the number of cards you install.

I SAY BUY THE TITAN, IF YOU GOT THE CASH.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Except I run Windows8 that doesn't have Aero. /your idea.

:roll:

doesn't matter. windows 8 renders the ui the same way. open any video benchmark. now window it and open up a few other programs. notice that the benchmark video stutters briefly. poor OS code.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
doesn't matter. windows 8 renders the ui the same way. open any video benchmark. now window it and open up a few other programs. notice that the benchmark video stutters briefly. poor OS code.

Can't say I have that problem. I have tonnes of graphs of frame latency, and it's not related. In fact, I can fix it, too:

See here:

The problem with this "problem" is that tonnes of people who don't have any clue(myself included) are addressing the issue. However, I do have more data on this than most, if not all. :p

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

Can't say I have that problem. I have tonnes of graphs of frame latency, and it's not related.

Yeah, I can't say I experience that either, and I run Windows 7 with Aero.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Can't say I have that problem. I have tonnes of graphs of frame latency, and it's not related. In fact, I can fix it, too:

See here:

http://img.techpowerup.org/130301/firestrike_throttle.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/130301/firestrike_almost_there.jpg

The problem with this "problem" is that tonnes of people who don't have any clue(myself included) are addressing the issue. However, I do have more data on this than most, if not all. :p

hrm, what the video shows is what happens to me all the time when in windows 7. maybe they did fix some things in 8. that doesnt explain the "issue" though. there is no issue. it is just a crappy recording most likely.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
hrm, what the video shows is what happens to me all the time when in windows 7. maybe they did fix some things in 8. that doesnt explain the "issue" though. there is no issue. it is just a crappy recording most likely.

Yeah, there are actually many things going on right now with VGAs that really puzzle me, that might be taken as being an issue with one thing but are really a problem with something else. The whole frame latency thing is a really big issue though, at least if you run multiple cards.

As big of a problem it can be, it won't have me not recommend ANY card. I will just advise users to be ready for problems if they use Crossfire, and that in and of itself isn't new news. You only really need to be concerned with frame rating issues with multiGPU.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Wow, that was doing my head in lol.. I did like when they were on about over clocking the monitor option as i know i can do that with this HDTV although it was only possible in XP\XP64 as vista and 7 don't allow you to do it.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Carbon
Cooling Artic freezer 280mm
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
What you doing with your 7970's? Haha

Dibs!

I would hold off buying now though mate. Prices have creeped up because stock is low. Wait for the second batch to come through and you should get the less inflated price.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
What you doing with your 7970's? Haha

Dibs!

I would hold off buying now though mate. Prices have creeped up because stock is low. Wait for the second batch to come through and you should get the less inflated price.

Aye, I know. But Ebuyer have them at £827 (bargain, lol).

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Don't worry about that stupid, misleading video and just by the Titan if that's the card you want. And can afford...

Easy's advice about the stutters being caused by windowed mode is right. Also, YouTube videos are stuttery anyway to various degrees, so you can't judge a graphics card by looking at one of these.

Trust me, run that card with vsync on in full screen mode and you won't see a stutter in sight!

Also, if you've got that kind of money, you might consider the GTX 690 instead, because it's got rather better outright performance and even costs less at the moment, with all the Titan price gouging going on. Sure it uses SLI, but the problems with dual GPUs is not so pronounced that you'll have many problems with a dual GPU card. Certainly all the dual GPU nvidia cards I bought worked fine. I can't say yay or nay about dual GPU AMD cards because I haven't used them, but AMD have a reputation for driver glitches, so bear that in mind.

I buy most of my stuff from www.novatech.co.uk because they have excellent customer service and have never been let down by them. Can't recommend them enough.

Finally, buy you card online and the Distance Selling Regulations guarantee that you have 7 days to cool off and return it for whatever reason. You just lose out on a bit of shipping cost, which let's face it, is nothing for something at this price.

Buy your Titan/690 and enjoy! :toast:

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
why on earth would you go from dual 7970 to a friggin titan! just because its new? the Titan is overpriced(since its just been launched) and overrated. the prices will go down soon though.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
why on earth would you go from dual 7970 to a friggin titan! just because its new? the Titan is overpriced(since its just been launched) and overrated. the prices will go down soon though.

That's a really good point. I'd forgotten he was getting less performance. Mind you, if he gets two Titans, then the performance will be greater than what he has now. He will also have a severe dent in his bank account. :laugh:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Single GTX Titan is only 15% slower than HD 7970 GE 2-way CFX at 1600p (close to your 1440p); but could nearly halve the power draw. Plus the performance-consistency of single-GPU. I'd bite.

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10
if you decide to get the Titan, and go with WC you'll certainly be able to go beyond 1200MHz

Nope, I'm sorry, you won't get much higher than 1200Mhz because Titan has a wattage block at 260W more or less.

I've yet to see a single Titan go over 1200 Mhz, once you reach a certain power consumption the card will throttle itself.

Basically this card won't need watercooling since you can't push it higher than a certain threshold, maybe a PCB mod or an unlocked BIOS may let us push these cards further, but right now we'll just have to settle at 1100-1200 Mhz.

You could see maybe 20-30 more Mhz due to the fact Titan has the fan power shared with the core.

Anyway I've already bit the bullet since this card is too good to pass, single GPU performing this much? Yes please :)

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro