• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition Pictured

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Nice card. I have nothing against Mac's, it's a computer with a different OS in my eyes.

Well gee someone with common sense!

Some of the "problems" people have with Apple itself are much more legitimate, however they rarely do things most other companies don't (or wouldn't in the same shoes). The worker suicides thing is a classic example. People screamed "Apple is evil!" when it was at Foxconn who makes parts for damn near everyone, for Christ's sake.

virusek

System Name T001
Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600
Motherboard ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Ninja II
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
Storage 2x WD6400AAKS [RAID0]
Display(s) ASUS VW222U
Case NZXT Apollo
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply CHIEFTEC 750W [CFT-750-14C]
Software Windows 7 x64
I almost sure that normal PC version of this card can be modded using some custom EFI flash to be compatible with Macs, like older (HD6xxx) ones... Also "premium components" in Apple products is only a company propaganda, nothing more... Amazing !

sorry u know nothing about pc gamers components! , yep good motherboard (120$-180$ range) have more than what u think ( PWM fans temp protection solid capac strong VRM better look better compatibility more PCIE extension dual bios solid PCB etc ... ) , plus the biggest thing that u can't have with apple is overclocking .... so don't tell me apple have somethings special than any pc gamer can have (perhaps better firmware "security" but it's 99% useless to gamers ) cause You're wrong in this , and to be honest a pc gamer ll never use any bull shit Apple product for gaming cause it's simply illogic lol
Practically half of that list can be negated with the words 'server grade product' which you apparently missed. Server motherboards are built for reliability, not feature sets to pad their marketing bullet points.

System Name Unobtainium
Processor 3600X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DH15 Chromax Black
Memory 32GB Ripjaws 3200MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Ultra w/ Alphacool Eiswolf
Storage 500GB SN750 | 3.84TB Micron 7450| 4TB SP XS70
Display(s) Asus 144Hz display + LG Ultrafine 4k
Case Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel + AKG Q701s
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS PX-750
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Filco Majestouch II
Software Windows 11
sorry u know nothing about pc gamers components! , yep good motherboard (120$-180$ range) have more than what u think ( PWM fans temp protection solid capac strong VRM better look better compatibility more PCIE extension dual bios solid PCB etc ... ) , plus the biggest thing that u can't have with apple is overclocking .... so don't tell me apple have somethings special than any pc gamer can have (perhaps better firmware "security" but it's 99% useless to gamers ) cause You're wrong in this , and to be honest a pc gamer ll never use any bull shit Apple product for gaming cause it's simply illogic lol

Alright, well since you have just turned this into an attack on me, congrats.

sorry u know nothing about pc gamers components!

First off, let me stop you right there. I am 23. I have building machines since I was 13 (10 years) and been overclocking, modifying, modding, breaking, fixing, improving for the past 6. You saying that simply shows your own ignorance as to the difference between 2 different sectors of the consumer market and are solely focused on a small area. Workstation and server grade components and machines are designed COMPLETELY different than a gaming or consumer machine.

yep good motherboard (120$-180$ range) have more than what u think ( PWM fans temp protection solid capac strong VRM better look better compatibility more PCIE extension dual bios solid PCB etc ... )
Apple's logic boards are more than you think. They have sensors throughout and have constant monitoring (in the mac pro, there are no more than 43 sensors). As far as Apple goes, they are not for the looks of the their logic boards, and why would they? These boards are built for LONG TERM reliability and stability. You ever seen a server board (not a workstation board) that looks pretty? Plus, they have enough VRMs to supply the proper amount of power to a CPU for long term stability and reliability (you see where I am going here).
Also, the new Mac Pro are going to have more than plenty of PCIe slots. So that is not a question.
As far as dual bios goes, there are utilities out there (from apple) that let you recover from corrupted firmware. Very rarely have I EVER seen corruption within the firmware on the logic board of a mac. This entire point is rendered mute.

plus the biggest thing that u can't have with apple is overclocking .... so don't tell me apple have somethings special than any pc gamer can have (perhaps better firmware "security" but it's 99% useless to gamers ) cause You're wrong in this , and to be honest a pc gamer ll never use any bull shit Apple product for gaming cause it's simply illogic lol

Why would you even overclock something that doesn't need to be in the first place. Computer enthusiasts (such as you and I) make up a very small section of the market, thus, why would Apple even cader to that? Apple is about quality. Anything that will jeopardize that is out of the question. That includes overclocking. Plus, if you are a PC gamer, why the hell would you buy a mac to begin with? They are not really meant for gaming (though they do have the ability to do so). Macs are work horses. They do what they are designed to do perfectly. Why change something that works? Actually, why am I even arguing with an ignorant fool who is trying to again, compare dirt to water. Your entire argument has no basis and completely biased on nothing but slander.

BTW, how old are you, 12? Any IT professional (such as myself) would see the clear difference between consumer, enthusiast, and workstation machines.

System Name Unobtainium
Processor 3600X
Case Evolv X
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11
Well gee someone with common sense!

Some of the "problems" people have with Apple itself are much more legitimate, however they rarely do things most other companies don't (or wouldn't in the same shoes). The worker suicides thing is a classic example. People screamed "Apple is evil!" when it was at Foxconn who makes parts for damn near everyone, for Christ's sake.
Thank you! I don't understand why there is so much damn apple hate here...

Alright, well since you have just turned this into an attack on me, congrats.
[

first off I'm 21 years not a kid plus my experience with the high tech start a very long time ago (99 97) so let me clear this out for u
1:i didn't attacked u , sorry if u thought that
2:to let u know i build pc gamer since 2004 for allot of my friend client and also have allot of experience in modding tunning overclocking ,also my work is in the HIGH-TECK chop + 3D/VFX + gamings reviews
3: i know what apple have on there product and i just want to answer that "Do you have proof of this" thats it , i thought that u don't know anythings about the high quality of pc gamers so...
4: "Any IT professional (such as myself) would see the clear difference between consumer, enthusiast, and workstation machines." yep i do :) and the whole things I've said to u was only about the pc gamers
5:"Computer enthusiasts (such as you and I) make up a very small section of the market" if u mean enthusiasts like overclockers yep it's true but if u mean enthusiasts like (pc gamers ) sorry You're wrong in this totally wrong :)

System Name Unobtainium
Processor 3600X
Case Evolv X
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11
first off I'm 21 years not a kid plus my experience with the high tech start a very long time ago (99 97) so let me clear this out for u
1:i didn't attacked u , sorry if u thought that
2:to let u know i build pc gamer since 2004 for allot of my friend client and also have allot of experience in modding tunning overclocking ,also my work is in the HIGH-TECK chop + 3D/VFX + gamings reviews
3: i know what apple have on there product and i just want to answer that "Do you have proof of this" thats it , i thought that u don't know anythings about the high quality of pc gamers so...
4: "Any IT professional (such as myself) would see the clear difference between consumer, enthusiast, and workstation machines." yep i do :) and the whole things I've said to u was only about the pc gamers
5:"Computer enthusiasts (such as you and I) make up a very small section of the market" if u mean enthusiasts like overclockers yep it's true but if u mean enthusiasts like (pc gamers ) sorry You're wrong in this totally wrong :)

Okay. Sorry about that but you came across wrong and it was like an attack. I known on overclock.net for... going gloves off on people when they attack me XD And as far as enthusiasts, I mean overclockers, not gamers. PC gamers... yeah that is a different story. They make up a HUGE section of the PC market.