• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

If you had my setup, what would you change/upgrade?

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
id go for a better mouse. i have the g400. its epic!

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
it's a solid fact that the g500 is very far from being the best mouse in 2013

I never said that it was. I simply said that I own a G500 (I'm on my second actually,) and I had a G5 before that. I've had no problem with them and they've all worked very well. So the G500 might not track perfectly, but I bet you it tracks consistently. Any good gamer improves how they play as they use particular hardware more. If you give me one of your "God Tier" mice, I might hate it because of how it feels or how it tracks. So despite the sensor being "better" which I still think is open to very wide interpretation, I as a user have to adjust to the new kind of mouse. So in the end, you get used to it and the point I'm making is that the G500 is unusable, you get used to it, and it's a fairly good mouse.

My problem is that you saying mice are crap because they have a particular sensor that detects a particular way, not because you've used it, experienced it, and got used to using it regularly.

What exactly makes the G400 so much better than the other Logitech mice?

He is claiming that is crap because the sensor uses positive acceleration. Not because he has used it, experienced it, or got used to using it regularly.

Just because you can't use a mouse with a particular sensor doesn't meant that the mouse sucks and that others don't have a problem with it. Right now Ikaruga is the only person saying the G500 is crap so maybe HE has trouble with positive acceleration, because I know that I don't and it doesn't mean everyone does.

Maybe some people who have actually own the mouse should chime in. Oh wait, they have. :wtf:

Edit: ...but I digress. Lets drop the mouse bit and continue with the rest of the rig. We're not going to see eye to eye on this. I still think the picture should be removed though in all honesty.

Last edited:
System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
Oh, to reply to the OP-

Personally, I'd replace that motherboard. I had one(Z68AP-D3), killed it in 2 months running my 2600k at 4.5ghz/1.30 volts. Like Aquinus said, 4+1 phase VRMs aren't good for OC'ing.

System Name Storm Trooper
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz 4.5 GHz O.C)
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V FORMULA z77
Cooling Corsair H100i Hydro Series
Memory G.SKILL Sniper Series 16gb
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB
Storage 120gb Samsung 840 Series/ 10000rpm Western Digital VelociRaptor 600gb
Display(s) 2 x ASUS Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX IV
Power Supply Corsair HX Series HX850
Software Windows 7 Home Premium
Assuming from your parts that you use the computer for gaming, and you eager to spend more money:

- a Lightboost ready monitor perhaps
- more SSD is always good, no exception.
- the picture below
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50550&stc=1&d=1363601750

I would really like to know where you obtained your information? haha, those mice look like they're from the 1980's i don't think that picture is historically correct & Just wondering if you have a water cooler or heat sink ?

I think you might be missing something here. Any kind of peripheral is good or bad depending on the owner. From a technological standpoint a sensor might have more DPI diffirent polling w/e but that doesnt mean its better technologically advanced has absolutely no meaning when it comes to these things.

It's far from being my personal preference or decision, but more like the conclusion of a decade long debate and discussion of the pro gaming communites.
I'm buying gaming mice since they exists (last century), but the "fact-based" dive into the subject only started getting serious for me when Sujoy released his mouse score in 2007. Since that day, I'm reading all(!) threads and post on esreality and overclock.net (and on all the other related forums) about mice. I really like the subject just like how I read all the other hardware sites about GPUs or CPUs etc, or perhaps even more since I'm still an avid gamer and I love quality PC products.

If the mice has tracking issues, unwanted accel/deceleration at different movement speeds, if it jitters on certain surfaces or pads (etc, etc) those are all attributes which you might want to avoid when looking for a mouse. I agree that those tiers on the picture are stupid (if not retarted), but it's still a good starting point for somebody who knows little about the subject. If you are also interested about my personal opinion, I do like angle snapping for example, and I find it funny that the guy put perfectly fine mice into shit tier just because of that, but I do accept that my opinion is the minority here, and I do accept that it's something which can be seen as a con or a flaw. We are all kinda purist here when it comes to computer hardware, that's what enthusiasm is about to pursue the best and the perfection in every detail.

what makes g400 not the best mouse? more importantly what makes YOU the person to decide that?
Again, I did not state my personal preference, but the sum of the users of many gaming persons/communities. The G400 sensor is simply flawless at 400 and 800 dpi, (little jitter above on some rare surfaces, but 800 is more than enough for everything), so it's finally a perfectly tracking gamer mouse.
BUT, it has a cheaper lower quality submini HIMAKE wheel because it's more quiet. The build quality is also lower compared to the g500 or the MX518 and to the more expensive mice, the buttons are also little lower quality (even if they are D2FC-10 million click now on paper) and the stock teflon is too thin and wears of quickly on the front, so the bottom line is that if the high weight is not a problem for you (if you lift;D) than it's a perfect mouse tracking wise, but you might need to replace it in every 1-2 years if you use it a lot, so it's deserved to in on the top of the list.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800x @ 4,85Ghz
Motherboard AORUS MASTER X570
Cooling Costume External Water Loop 1080 Rad
Memory Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3600 16GB @3800 mhz cl16
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Water
Storage Raid0 4 x Sasmsung 850 EVo, 980 1TB M.2
Display(s) ASUS Swift
Case Open test bench
Power Supply Be quiet! 850 P10
Mouse G703
Keyboard Old USB Dell Keyboard x2
VR HMD Rift S
Software Windows 11
The G500, G600, G700, and G9X are "shit" mice, but the G400 is one of the best???? :wtf:

What exactly makes the G400 so much better than the other Logitech mice?

Personally, I loved my G5 for many years, and feel the G500 is a appropriate replacement.

*give the wolf an old Core2duo chip to eat* Logitech replaced my old G5 with the G500 like 20% off Love their support

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
The G400 sensor is simply flawless at 400 and 800 dpi, (little jitter above on some rare surfaces, but 800 is more than enough for everything), so it's finally a perfectly tracking gamer mouse.
BUT, it has a cheaper lower quality submini HIMAKE wheel because it's more quiet. The build quality is also lower compared to the g500 or the MX518 and to the more expensive mice, the buttons are also little lower quality (even if they are D2FC-10 million click now on paper) and the stock teflon is too thin and wears of quickly on the front, so the bottom line is that if the high weight is not a problem for you (if you lift;D) than it's a perfect mouse tracking wise, but you might need to replace it in every 1-2 years if you use it a lot, so it's deserved to in on the top of the list.

Correct, the g400 has a better quality sensor than most other mice, however the build quality compared to other mice with zero sensor issues is lacking, and also the build quality is a little meh compared to others. People should just start off with the list of mice that dont have sensor acceleration issues, (snapping is personal preference IMO) and go from that list. I can happily use 1600 = 3200 dpi, hence my choice of mice. Hand comfort also plays a large part.
Some people might just find your opinion of rolling with a g400 a little too outdated for other mice which offer the same sensor quality, but with more to offer.
I see where you're coming from though, just a poor choice of pictures :D

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
Dude, drop it about the mice already, we have. Let's get this thread back on track.

If you got something to add for the OP, do it. If your just going to continue to argue with everyone else that just wants to move on, I'm going to start reporting your posts for not being on topic.

*give the wolf an old Core2duo chip to eat*

Good friend made that for me back when I built my first "enthusiast" grade computer. It had a wolfdale E8400, hence the wolf eating a C2D

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
It's far from being my personal preference or decision, but more like the conclusion of a decade long debate and discussion of the pro gaming communites.
I'm buying gaming mice since they exists (last century), but the "fact-based" dive into the subject only started getting serious for me when Sujoy released his mouse score in 2007. Since that day, I'm reading all(!) threads and post on esreality and overclock.net (and on all the other related forums) about mice. I really like the subject just like how I read all the other hardware sites about GPUs or CPUs etc, or perhaps even more since I'm still an avid gamer and I love quality PC products.

If the mice has tracking issues, unwanted accel/deceleration at different movement speeds, if it jitters on certain surfaces or pads (etc, etc) those are all attributes which you might want to avoid when looking for a mouse. I agree that those tiers on the picture are stupid (if not retarted), but it's still a good starting point for somebody who knows little about the subject. If you are also interested about my personal opinion, I do like angle snapping for example, and I find it funny that the guy put perfectly fine mice into shit tier just because of that, but I do accept that my opinion is the minority here, and I do accept that it's something which can be seen as a con or a flaw. We are all kinda purist here when it comes to computer hardware, that's what enthusiasm is about to pursue the best and the perfection in every detail.

Again, I did not state my personal preference, but the sum of the users of many gaming persons/communities. The G400 sensor is simply flawless at 400 and 800 dpi, (little jitter above on some rare surfaces, but 800 is more than enough for everything), so it's finally a perfectly tracking gamer mouse.

but again you keep mentioning pro gaming communities and what they think about mice but still havent answered why any of us should care? each gamer prefers a different feel and they own different mice with different sensors. Tiers out of the equation all together (I wasnt referencing those at all anyway) Isnt the pro gaming circuit EXACTLY like enthusiest/normal user circles? People have diffirent feels and like certain styles. I guess I just dint understand. I want to try and be clear. Please explain to me.

Why should anyone care what a pro gamer thinks?
Why should anyone care about sensor reviews?
Who can possibly tell me what the best mouse is for me?
How can anyone make a mouse suggestion based on anything BUT what types of mice someone has used before?

all these tiers graphs/ reviews mean nothing. My jeep is a boat but a fararri is nicer. However I would probably drive one terribly because its so diffirent. That makes me safer on the road just driving my jeep. Both the farrari and my jeep drive around town the same.

why own the farrari?

The thing is best is a "relative" term. They would like you to think once mouse is superior but it is not. A normal gamer can go against a pro gamer and do just as well changing his mouse will do nothing for him. what separates them is skill not the hardware. Like mentioned above anyone wrth their salt gets something they are comfortable with and adjusts their usage depending on what the hardware will do.

System Name Black Magic
Processor Intel Core i9 13900K
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I EDGE WIFI MB
Cooling Noctua NH-U12s-CH-BK Chromax Black CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus PCIe Gen3 NVMe M.2 SSD - 2TB
Display(s) (Main) LG 38WN95C-W 38 Inch UltraWide QHD+ IPS (other is 27 AOC)
Case Fractal Design Torrent Nano RGB Black Mini ITX Case
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X3 Hi-Res 7.1 External USB DAC and Amp
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 850W Power Supply
Mouse Logitech G G903 LIGHTSPEED
Keyboard ROCCAT ROC-12-671-RD-AM Vulcan 121 Aimo RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Microsoft Windows 11
Benchmark Scores nil
im assuming picture is a troll? MS 1.1a cant be in the good..wtf

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
im assuming picture is a troll? MS 1.1a cant be in the good..wtf

Okay, enough is enough. Drop the mouse thing and lets stay on topic. I think we all can agree that the picture is crap and that this thread has diverged long enough. Let's just leave it at that.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Assuming from your parts that you use the computer for gaming, and you eager to spend more money:

- a Lightboost ready monitor perhaps
- more SSD is always good, no exception.
- the picture below
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50550&stc=1&d=1363601750

Love to know were they get the SS Sensei being a crap gaming mouse... 2 of the top recommended i say were crap as they only work for right handed HAHA..

But anyways i am thinking your having a issue finding some thing to upgrade which to me means you don't really need to and just looking for a excuse to do so.

To me the systems fine as is how ever i would splash out on a AV and some nice HiFi speakers to get good sound experience.