• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial Do We Really Need AMD TrueAudio?

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
At its press meet called to unveil its next-generation graphics lineup, which lasted for about 3 hours and 45 minutes, a full one hour was spent detailing TrueAudio, an audio DSP that AMD co-developed with GenAudio, makers of AstoundSound technology; both of which are brand names we'd heard for the first time, and that's coming from someone who's been an audiophile and follower of PC audio technology for 15 years now. Here are a few reasons why the concept of TrueAudio, or at least the way AMD and its newfound GenAudio pals explained it, is unconvincing to the extant of flagging "snake oil." While we did not attend GPU'14, experiencing TrueAudio is irrelevant to our analysis. It focuses on what "yet another" positional audio DSP has to do with GPU, and how AMD is getting ahead of itself with non-graphics features in exactly the same way it criticized NVIDIA of doing, not too long ago.

Back in the 1990s and the first half of the previous decade, discrete sound cards were an integral component of any self-respecting gaming PC, as onboard audio solutions were either too basic (ISA-based CODECs, USB-based AC'97) or sounded like greeting cards. Apart from higher fidelity, discrete sound cards offered proprietary positional-audio and DSP layers, promised hundreds of hardware-mixed audio voices, and what have you. AMD, in its presentation, didn't succeed in explaining how its solution is any different from something Dolby, Yamaha, Creative, ESS, and others haven't already tried.

With Intel's Azalia specification, and acceptable increments in audio fidelity past the 85 dBA signal-to-noise ratio mark with most motherboard-integrated audio solutions, game engine developers spent the better part of last decade innovating positional- and immersive- audio technologies that didn't require specialized hardware. You get the same incredible sound-effects on Battlefield 3 on any hardware, with discrete sound cards only offering better audio quality, but not better effects (positional- or realism). In that respect, we feel that it's quite arrogant of AMD to claim that there has been no innovation in PC game audio since programmable shaders (2001-02). To the contrary, game engine developers like Unreal, CryTek, DICE, etc., worked tirelessly to make effects comparable to three-figure discrete sound cards accessible to all gamers, by leveraging multi-core/multi-threaded CPUs.

What AMD didn't explain to us, is whether use of TrueAudio technology requires Radeon graphics cards to be installed; because if it does, then there's little difference between AMD's approach to positional-audio, and discrete sound card manufacturers', which unsuccessfully tried to make people to buy their sound cards on the "better audio immersion" plank, before switching over to the "better audio quality" plank, upon realizing that "better immersion" doesn't sell sound cards anymore.

What AMD also didn't explain is where "Radeon" fits into all this. It's a GPU alright, and combined with OpenCL, it's capable of general-purpose computing. It didn't explain whether the TrueAudio DSP layer runs on the CPU, or is something the GPU spares some of its computing power on. We're not convinced by the "hear more voices in a game" claim. The way audio is implemented on Windows, an application can stream up to 65,535 "voices" (independent streams of digital audio through a software/inter-process-communication channel), which are then mixed into "what you hear." So the only way AMD can sell "hear more voices," is if it gives developers something that can let them stream those hundreds of voices, while minimizing the CPU cost of processing and mixing them. If not having those many voices in any way steps beyond being just aesthetics (think crowds in a games like Assassins Creed, GTA), and actually affects the gameplay (i.e. not hearing all those voices puts you at a disadvantage in, say, an online multiplayer shooter), then you can bet your bottom penny that developers won't implement it.

In conclusion, even if TrueAudio made genuine improvements in the accuracy of positional audio, which they claim is backed by "25 years of brain research," there are too many factors stacked up against its successful proliferation. Want better sound? Go get a nice sound card and/or better speakers/headsets. Don't count on dinosaur DSPs anymore. There are two components to better game audio, "immersion" and "output quality." Your game developer already took care of the "immersion" part, and today's premium sound cards and speakers/headsets look after "output quality." Not much room for AMD to squeeze into this neat little arrangement.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts
I think i will reserve my judgement for now, although i am also not that convince on AMD TrueAudio.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
maybe we dont need but it sound cool
so why dont give them a shoot?

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
Like Jigar2speed said, I'm also going to just wait & see then I shall judge :rolleyes:

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
Listen first, then judge.... I guess....

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX 1.1
Cooling Noctua NB-U12A
Memory 2x 32GB Fury DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) 2x Dell U2412M
Case Phanteks P400A
Audio Device(s) Hifimediy Sabre 9018 USB DAC
Power Supply Corsair AX850 (from 2012)
Software Windows 10?
i think they mean a unified technology to be used by game devs in their games by the use of opencl on cpu/apu/gpu? amd is a cpu company after all

thats a bit different compared to creative trowing EAX at you when you get their soundcards, and only allow EAX 5 when playing a game on their cards.

TressFX anyone? it worked on nvidia too i believe

anyhow
thats how i think it is

:peace:

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
Like Jigar2speed said, I'm also going to just wait & see then I shall judge :rolleyes:

Listen first, then judge.... I guess....

As I stated in the article, how TrueAudio improves immersion in practice, is irrelevant to the point I'm making. The article does not pretend to know whether TrueAudio sounds better or doesn't. That's not even the scope of the article.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
As I stated in the article, how TrueAudio improves immersion in practice, is irrelevant to the point I'm making. The article does not pretend to know whether TrueAudio sounds better or doesn't. That's not even the scope of the article.

since the xbone and ps4 will also have dsp based positional audio the proliferation will be taken care of with ease and a new creative age will dawn;) , nice that you focus on sound though:shadedshu

Mantle is where the juice is at anyway

better sound cant hurt and wide standards will help more games sound better

System Name PC || Acer Nitro 5
Processor Ryzen 9 5900x || R5 2500U @ 35W
Motherboard MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI || default
Cooling 1x Corsair XR5 360mm Rad||
Memory 2x16GB HyperX 3600 @ 3800 || 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2400MTs
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080Ti Sea Hawk EK X || RX 560X
Storage Samsung 9801TB x2 + Striped Tiered Storage Space (2x 128Gb SSD + 2x 1TB HDD) || 128GB + 1TB SSD
Display(s) Iiyama PL2770QS + Samsung U28E590, || 15,6" 1080P IPS @ 100Hz Freesync enabled
Case SilverStone Alta G1M ||
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 SFX || 135Watt 19V OEM adaptor
Mouse ROG Pugio II
Software Win 11 64bit || Win 11 64bit
Well, I won't say that it is definately worth it, but if you listen to the demo posted on youtube with headphones on, well, atleast to me this is a class of its own.

When I first listened to that demo, I really had the idea that something was happening next to me in the room. Even in the best of games, stuff like that doesn't really happen, even when they're using a special audio hardware audio engine, and while using my ASUS Xonar DX card, and a 100dollar+ headphones.

So yeah, I'd say that it atleast isn't a bag of hot air. However, if they want this to really be awesome, they should let Nvidia also licence it, just like apparently the Mantle API is open and they said theres nothing keeping Nvidia from also using it.

Lets hope this is something real and something that actually makes gaming better ! :toast:

I've read what Anand from Anandtech wrote yesterday about this and I quote:
"So an interesting aside on sound: starting with Windows Vista, MS took out hardware audio acceleration to move the audio stack into software for stability and consistency purposes. With Win8 and Xbox One, hardware acceleration is back in the name of power savings and being able to use XB1's own audio DSPs."
and he continues
"The return of hardware audio is why AMD can make any of this happen, and why 2006-2013 was essentially at a stand-still for PC audio technology progression."

As I see it now:
1. AMD's partners (GenAudio and AudioKinetic) are not inventing the wheel. Software based products existed for years now (and hardware, but not in regular usage in Windows). As they showed in the presentation yesterday, Convolution Reverb can eat as much as 16% of a cpu core for 5 seconds of audio, which leads me to no. 2:
2. Any hardware DSP will be far better in processing/power consumption ratio than any software based one.
3. Nvidia will follow up and probably show their implementation of hardware audio.

What is unclear to me now is that will it make all on board sound and/or discrete soundcards obsolete? (given that the speakers connect to the GPU, lets say with HDMI through a A/V receiver).

And on another thought, what if the speakers will be connected through the MB on board sound chip, will it work? will windows will know when to bypass audio?? (Will there will be a built-in WASAPI driver??? :twitch:)

Last, I watched yesterdays keynote and wasn't so excited about this tech. I fail to see how this will be even better for mobile users (and it's not launching yet) power consumption wise...

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
I believe the way it works is that he applicatiuon (game) sends out what sound it wants, this is processed by the TrueAudio (however it does that) and the resultant sound is then directed to whatever output has been selected, be that HDMI, on-board analogue/digital or a sound card.

I didn't see any audio jacks on e.g. the pics of the R9 290x so it must be done like the above.

The demos online for GenAudio work from a standard stereo YouTube video and they even say it requires no special encoding (e.g. DD, DTS etc.).

It should even work over e.g. stereo radio.

Looks (and sounds) fantastic to me.

If anyone is trying the demo:

AstoundSound 3d audio demo - YouTube

Make sure to set your playback to stereo only and turn off things like CMSS-3D as they ruin it.

System Name Black Killing Machine
Processor Delidded NO IHS mount Intel i7-4770k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-OC
Cooling Swiftech DIR655 pump, Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ 79X0 Ni-Bl gpu, DT SNIPER CPU block, UT60 420 RAD
Memory Gskill Trident 2400mhz CL9 Samsung IC9
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE HD7950 OC 950mhz Edition, VaporX HD7950
Storage 2xM4 Crucial 64GB RAID 0, 1 OCZ AGILILITY 3 60GB, WDCB 500GB x2RAID0, WD Green, Hitachi 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 226BW and 24" 120hz BenQ gamer
Case SilverStone Raven rv-02
Audio Device(s) Audio Technica ATH-AD900 headphones, Topping D2 DAC/Headphone AMP
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 860
Software Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/sonda5/ Delidding is magic. http://valid.canardpc.com/2878462
I think it is a win win situation if...

1. Helps developers improve gaming graphical/audio experience quicker with easier control.
2. Offers the best graphical and audio experience as intended from the developer.
3. Reduces system process loads for over all system efficiency.
4. Eliminates the need for a dedicated audio card.
5. Properly works with common audio outputs on mother boards.

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts

Looks more like AMD is trying to have Unified approach toward PC entertainment (They already have it in console though) - a chip that does computing, graphics and even audio - offloading overhead from the CPU - Efficiency to be precise - but as i said before, i am willing to wait before i pass my judgement.

EDIT: If you think further AMD is just trying to make CPU very much of a less importance - hint: Intel CPU no longer the advantage in your PC for gaming ?

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
Well,i think that's good for us.As i reckon,it's been ages game is only about graphic and 3D effect.Does anyone remember golden era like Doom and Thief?
Astound uses BRTF (brain),some people knew this is just plain old HRTF (head).I'm still curious about this so called True Audio,did they focused on 3D positional audio or just surround sound?From blurry slides and painful youtube buffering clearly show AMD try to make another EAX.
Like theoneandonlymrk said,Mantle playing a role here,and True Audio is "instruction set" reside within.It's not like FMOD,EAX or Miles,which is all independet API or library hogging your system resources communicate with DirectX.AMD mentioned about low-level access capability,thus enabling this to bypass DirectX...sort of.AMD may sound TRUE,but didn't have a soul LME 49720 HA and Nichicon Gold had :p

now give me R9 290 spec and price AMD! :mad:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
System Name PC || Acer Nitro 5
Processor Ryzen 9 5900x || R5 2500U @ 35W
Motherboard MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI || default
Cooling 1x Corsair XR5 360mm Rad||
Memory 2x16GB HyperX 3600 @ 3800 || 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2400MTs
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080Ti Sea Hawk EK X || RX 560X
Storage Samsung 9801TB x2 + Striped Tiered Storage Space (2x 128Gb SSD + 2x 1TB HDD) || 128GB + 1TB SSD
Display(s) Iiyama PL2770QS + Samsung U28E590, || 15,6" 1080P IPS @ 100Hz Freesync enabled
Case SilverStone Alta G1M ||
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 SFX || 135Watt 19V OEM adaptor
Mouse ROG Pugio II
Software Win 11 64bit || Win 11 64bit
Nothing impressive. This is only software and some high quality HRTF filters.
This is even more impressive:
Virtual Barber Shop (Audio...use headphones, close...

So what is actually AMD's tech doing??

Well, for a starters, that virtual barber shop isn't supposed to be compatible with the latest games i recon?

I think the crux here is that this engine can get its positional data directly from the graphics engine and does all the processing and filtering without any CPU overhead, and in real time on dynamic data. Soo to answer your question, that.

Ofc just like the virtual barber shop this still isn't 100% accurate since for a start it doesn't take into account everyone's individual ear shape, which also is quite important, especially for vertical positioning(hence why they don't really show you that in either the barber, or tech demo). Other stuff like skull size, shape, and thickness, hair and sinus properties also needs to be taken into account for the best experience.

However! I still think its a good thing like some others here also said, since this tech in the end should result in better sound quality for everyone, without causing a bigger load on the CPU.

I don't need TrueAudio but I'm sure it's desirable for many lamers... I mean gamers. ;)

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
I really want AMD to include Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive Encoding. It's the only reason I still use a dedicated soundcard!

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I don't need TrueAudio but I'm sure it's desirable for many lamers... I mean gamers. ;)

Are you implying people who play games are lame? Are you stating that steps forward in the area of immersive gaming should be dismissed because its a childish venture?
You may be on the wrong website my friend.

Somebody should just buy back the rights to A3D and bring that back.

As for AMD, I think they went this road because they had to put an audio chip on their card because of the HDMI DRM crap and from there on they started to think of doing more.

And incidentally, Microsoft also added 3D directsound stuff to Directx around the time of vista/w7, with some interesting expansion on what they had before, with more 3D voices and spatial emulation and what not, but they were very quiet about it all so it all went pretty unnoticed by most. (Except in the sense where games used it of course.)

Oh one more thing: I think it's good that the author asks the question. But as other commenters I also reserve final judgment until I know more.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
As a former Audiophile (just can't afford to be one these days, LOL!), having a good experience with audio is an important part of immersion, no doubt about that. However, and this is IMHO, the graphics are what make the game to me. I have a MEH set of cans and use onboard audio and have plenty of immersion. I have tried a high end card with some $300 Seinheiser's too. While there are a crispness to it that was better than onboard, I did not find that solution to be any more immersive either.

I think going balls deep on this audio thing is a mistake.

Also, Jorge needs the heck banned. Dude is a perma troll that won't even respond to half the shit he says...waste of internets... :(

Last edited:
System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
I just quickly read some of Jorges past posts.

All his posts are negative. He is either bashing a brand, performance or a person.

He then never follows up. I vote ban stick please.

System Name [WIP]
Processor Intel Pentium G3420 [i7-4790K SOON(tm)]
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling [Corsair H100i]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB-2400-CL10 DDR3
Video Card(s) [MSI AMD Radeon R9-290 Gaming]
Storage Seagate 2TB Desktop SSHD / [Samsung 256GB 840 PRO]
Display(s) [BenQ XL2420Z]
Case [Corsair Obsidian 750D]
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro / Linux Mint 15 / SteamOS
I don't know how this will turn out, however I DO know that audio has been shamefully forgotten as a important part of gaming (and obviously, not only) over the past years. And why? Audio offers the best and most tangible way into full emulated immersion, of the human senses. I guess visual stuff is way easier to market and sell...