• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon R9 290X Pitted Against GeForce GTX TITAN in Early Review

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
Ah, the naivety of youth. I enjoy having both. ;)

It's nice to know you had a better life than mine sir,may God always bless your family and guide you in your hardest time :toast:
Although in my early 30's i'm still at shitty job with minimum wages and barely make a living,I still believe God would have pity on me so i could date someone and make my own family someday :)

Am*

System Name 3D Vision & Sound Blaster
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz (stock voltage)
Motherboard Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Special Edition (with 3x 140mm Black Thermalright fans)
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB (2x8GB 1600MHz CL8)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX TITAN X 12288MB Maxwell @1350MHz
Storage 6TB of Samsung SSDs + 12TB of HDDs
Display(s) LG C1 48 + LG 38UC99 + Samsung S34E790C + BenQ XL2420T + PHILIPS 231C5TJKFU
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with 6x 140mm Corsair AFs
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster Z SE + Z906 5.1 speakers/DT 990 PRO
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX 650W 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard CHERRY MX-Board 1.0 Backlit Silent Red Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Pro (RIP) + Winbloat 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2fast4u,bro...
Firstly, Titan (and the identical power delivery reference GTX 780) seems to be a reasonable seller for Nvidia...So by your reckoning Nvidia shot themselves in the foot by selling a load of high-revenue GPUs in a package that keeps warranty failure rates low for eight months...

Let's get a few things straight: first of all, Titan was a terrible seller for Nvidia as a Geforce card and anyone that told you otherwise, is delusional to say the least. If you read that from Nvidia, "reasonable" means a piss poor seller where it mattered, because had it sold well, Nvidia would be screaming this from the rooftops and AMD wouldn't think twice about doing the same thing if they could. This joke of a card had a small surge of pre-order sales in the first month from several pro market customers who wanted to test the waters with lots of cheap Double Precision/CUDA cards where Titan was the cheapest option (and since GK104 is a complete joke in this area), which Nvidia could've milked for FAR more money than they did. Secondly, the Titan has been an expensive dust collector for all the biggest e-tailers in our country since the first few weeks of release and I can count on my hand the number of people in the UK that I know or have seen on forums and gaming communities, who bought one (even where everyone is the most likely to brag about their setups, I can literally point out most of the Titan owners). What all of Titan owners/ex-owners complained about was the underpowered stock design and no 3rd party alternatives to fix the problems. So yeah, they lost plenty of potential sales, whether you like it or not.

Secondly, Nvidia have had two salvage parts collecting revenue and dominating the review benchmarks for the same length of time. Bonus point question: When was the last time Nvidia released a Quadro or Tesla card that didn't have a GeForce analogue of equal or higher shader count?

* Answer: Never

Congrats on stating the obvious, Sherlock. Did you see me mention anywhere that it won't be released? No...the question is how late will it be, and if anybody is going to be left that will want it by the time it actually comes out.

Might have something to add,no matter how fast your monitor,windows only sees them in 60Hz.It's in the panel,not in OS'es or graphic card.
FYI,I have 240Hz panel and yet still have a severe judder :shadedshu

I think you're getting confused here. The fastest consumer panel you can get is 144Hz and Windows detects every last Hz perfectly. Any panels above that (especially the TVs) are just pure marketing bullshit -- they are 60Hz, low quality CCFL panels with frame repeating image controllers that "smudge" the image from one frame to the next, which is why you have severe "juddering". People really need to avoid falling for the marketing bullshit from manufacturers -- you cannot get a true 240Hz display the same way any TN monitor cannot display more than 256K colours, even though most manufacturers will flat out lie and say that their TN panels can display 16.7M colours with more image trickery (dithering).

Last edited:
First no one buys this level of card for 1920x1080p.
Man didn't mean to rile so many feathers, although I should've not used the words "no one".

First I didn't say multi-panels, and sure there will be instances with specific type panels and if a competitive play you'd need some... Über. While, even Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 if you juggle settings a little, a R9-280X you can make it work. And those are perhaps the two exceptions, because even Metro LL on a R9-280X is 60FpS at 1920x1080p. If those are what you intend to play there're always exceptions/concessions for some, but the large bulk of enthusiasts aren't looking at special circumstances, just a normal 1920x1080p. Perhaps 27" they got a year or two back and hoping to hold out perhaps another generation for 4k to become what some might see as "affordable". Till then I see that many have nestled in with what they have.

You could send $650-1000 on the graphic card and then what… a multi-panels on the cheap perhaps, because thinking "it" will give you a path later to get a 4k isn't a good avenue. The smart move for the average person (for that money) step-up from an older 24” 1080p TN and last generation cards (6950/560Ti) and get a descent 2560x1440 monitor and say $310 for a R9-280X and have a fairly enjoyable enthusiast experience. At least not all that much different than those that dropped $650-1000 on just the graphic card.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Firstly, Titan (and the identical power delivery reference GTX 780) seems to be a reasonable seller for Nvidia...So by your reckoning Nvidia shot themselves in the foot by selling a load of high-revenue GPUs in a package that keeps warranty failure rates low for eight months...
Yup, that's some foot shooting right there.
Let's get a few things straight: first of all, Titan was a terrible seller for Nvidia as a Geforce card and anyone that told you otherwise, is delusional to say the least.
Comprehension fail or trolling ?
I believe we were talking about GK110- that is Titan and the 780....but of course, you're argument stands up fairly well if you're ignoring the largest selling parts :banghead:

You also seem to be making some fundamental error in what the Titan in particular was supposed to be. For the consumer, the card was supposed to represent the (fleeting) pinnacle of single-GPU performance with slight incentive of Nvidia not diluting FP64 performance. For Nvidia it represented PR. Every GPU review since (whether Nvidia or AMD) the Titan's launch has featured the card at or near the top of every performance metric. Eight months of constant PR and advertising that hasn't cost Nvidia an additional penny.

If sales of Titan (or the 780 for that matter) were paramount then you bet that Nvidia wouldn't have priced it as they have -in exactly the same way that AMD priced a supply constrained HD 7990 at $999. That hypothesis is all the more credible when the main revenue stream for GK110, the Tesla K20 is known to be supply constrained itself.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that taking the muzzle off the AIB's for vendor specials, and lowering prices would have any significant impact of the overall balance sheet. The market for $500+ graphics cards is negligible in the greater scheme of things. Now subtract the percentage of people that if presented with a $500 card wouldn't also pay for a $650 (or more) board. Now subtract the percentage of people that would spend the same amount of cash on two lower specced cards offering better overall performance

Basically you're putting the gaming aspect under the microscope and not really looking at the big picture...the other alternative is that some random internet poster knows more about strategic marketing than the company with the sixteenth highest semiconductor revenue in the world :slap:

Processor i7 2700K @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Cooling Zalman CPNS9900-A LED
Memory Corsair Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 (4x4 Gb)
Video Card(s) 2 x (Sapphire) AMD Radeon HD7970 [Ref] -(crossfire) [out via DVI-D]
Storage 4 x WDC WD1002FAEX
Display(s) Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600 [in via DVI-D]
Case Coolermaster Stacker STC T01
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro [PCI-E]
Power Supply Corsair AX 1200W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Benchmarks @ 3840×2160 – AMD Radeon R9 290X Versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780:

LegitReviews
In Bioshock: Infinite with the Ultra preset the AMD Radeon R9 290X ran at an average of 44.22 FPS and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 was at 39.63.This shows a significant 11.6% performance advantage for the new AMD Radeon R9 290X with the Hawaii GPU.

Tomb Raider showed the AMD Radeon R9 290X averaging 43.0 FPS and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 was at 40.8 FPS. This would make the AMD Radeon R9 290X roughly 5.4% faster than the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 in Tomb Raider.

These legit benchmark numbers should help shed light on a number of things. For one the AMD Radeon R9 290X appears to perform better than an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 at 4K resolutions, but pretty much everyone assumed or hoped that would be the case. It should be noted that these results are also on beta drivers and as time goes on we expect AMD to get some more performance from the brand new 28nm Hawaii GPU as time goes on.

When it comes to pricing, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 retails right now for around $659.99 online, so where will the AMD Radeon R9 290X be priced? AMD has traditionally priced their cards very competitively against NVIDIA, so will we see the AMD Radeon R9 290X in the $629-$649 price range?

Here are the specs of the system AMD is running in Montreal:
Intel Core i7-3960X – 3.3Ghz
MSI X79A-GD65
16GB DDR3-1600
Windows 7 64 w/ SP1
NVIDIA driver: 331.40
Future build of AMD CATALYST 13.11 beta (to be posted with launch)
PC Game Settings:
BioShock Infinite: 3840×2160 Ultra preset
Tomb Raider: 3840×2160 normal preset with TressFX on

AMD is also letting sites publish their own 4K benchmarks from Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider today, so expect to see some sites having numbers from their own unique test setup. We are here in Montreal and far from our test system, so expect to see our benchmark results when the full review goes live.

Source: LegitReviews

TomsHardware: First Official AMD Radeon R9 290X Benchmarks

[...]
There's not much more I can say at this point, except that I have several cards tested at 3840x2160, and R9 290X doesn’t just do well against the GeForce GTX 780…
[...]

Hmmm... "R9 290X Quiet Mode"... Promising! :D

Last edited:
System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
Video Card(s) 2 x (Sapphire) AMD Radeon HD7970 [Ref] -(crossfire) [out via DVI-D]
Who forgets to mention the "Quiet Mode"...:rolleyes:

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
Who forgets to mention the "Quiet Mode"...:rolleyes:
Bwahahahahahaha.
Let me guess....you'll be petitioning W1zzard to measure sound and power consumption using "Quiet Mode", and to measure gaming benchmarks using "Noisy As Fuck Mode".

If sales of Titan (or the 780 for that matter) were paramount then you bet that Nvidia wouldn't have priced it as they have
Not arguing just stating the obvious marketing employed.

A movie theater sells small popcorn for $3 and a large for $7. People are actually more often shown they'll buy the $3 size having trouble rationalizing the higher price.

Then the Theater introduces a medium that somewhat close to the size of the large, but not as much though folks rationalize that it's just .50 cent more and they get more. The theater actually starts selling more larges while medium and smalls aren't near as popular.

More choice provokes more thought and changes how the brain rationalizes things. In this case it's opposite. Nvidia release Titan and sure everyone salivates over what they’d like, but for large part of the market it's hard to justify, then add a $650 part and… set the hook.

Bwahahahahahaha.
Let me guess....you'll be petitioning W1zzard to measure sound and power consumption using "Quiet Mode", and to measure gaming benchmarks using "Noisy As Fuck Mode".

:wtf: No. AnandTech preview makes no mention of Quiet Mode (is it used/not used) nor the test system. Still you're eating that picture??? I guess you're just happy the 780 doesn't look too bad in it. :rolleyes:

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
:wtf: No. AnandTech preview makes no mention of Quiet Mode (is it used/not used) nor the test system. Still you're eating that picture??? I guess you're just happy the 780 doesn't look too bad in it. :rolleyes:
Y'know, if I wanted "Quiet Mode", I'd just set a fan profile in AB or Precision and allow the card to throttle rather than increase fan noise. I guess some people need to be spoon fed this advanced thinking as a "feature".
Not arguing just stating the obvious marketing employed.
Bingo. Elementary sales technique. I doubt Nvidia wanted to sell the Titan in quantity - especially not at Wal-Mart prices when the Tesla variety brings in the revenue. A second tier salvage part (GTX 780) would have limited appeal for a pro part since the loss of shaders aren't going to be mitigated by any meaningful lowing of power consumption.

Case Cougar MG120-G
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
I think you're getting confused here. The fastest consumer panel you can get is 144Hz and Windows detects every last Hz perfectly. Any panels above that (especially the TVs) are just pure marketing bullshit -- they are 60Hz, low quality CCFL panels with frame repeating image controllers that "smudge" the image from one frame to the next, which is why you have severe "juddering". People really need to avoid falling for the marketing bullshit from manufacturers -- you cannot get a true 240Hz display the same way any TN monitor cannot display more than 256K colours, even though most manufacturers will flat out lie and say that their TN panels can display 16.7M colours with more image trickery (dithering).

Later i knew that 240Hz only quadrupling single frame 60Hz with MEMC methods while dimming backlight in lightning fast speed,it makes me outrage.Sure my panel had all the goodies,IPS panel 2 ms GTG 5 ms MRPT 240Hz 3D MMR put nicely across 42 diagonal while sitting in ridiculously one grand mark.But to know windows only sees them in 60Hz even i did some firmware flashing,define manual structured DDC and custom distributed EDID...I even fried my BCM3556 board.All pain and sacrifice for the glory of 3D is in vain thanks to 4K monitor :shadedshu

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E
Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Memory G.Skill FlareX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 DUAL
Storage 1 TB WD Black SN850X | 2 TB WD Blue SN570 | 10 TB WD Purple Pro
Display(s) LG 32QP880N 32"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
They even boasting their i3+650Ti will decimate my FX8350+CF 7970 :wtf:

FYI,I have 240Hz panel and yet still have a severe judder :shadedshu

It's nice to know you had a better life than mine sir,may God always bless your family and guide you in your hardest time :toast:
Although in my early 30's i'm still at shitty job with minimum wages and barely make a living,I still believe God would have pity on me so i could date someone and make my own family someday :)

Coming from the same country as you, I wouldn't say having "FX8350+CF 7970", "240Hz panel", and those fancy water cooling stuff as an indicator of "barely make a living".... unless you're some kind of robot who doesn't eat at all and use all of your paycheck/money to buy PC hardware :laugh:.

Seriously, be thankful. There's a lot of people out there in our country who's not as lucky as you.

Anyway, from Montreal : http://imgur.com/a/MEXNo

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
Coming from the same country as you, I wouldn't say having "FX8350+CF 7970", "240Hz panel", and those fancy water cooling stuff as an indicator of "barely make a living".... unless you're some kind of robot who doesn't eat at all and use all of your paycheck/money to buy PC hardware :laugh:.

Seriously, be thankful. There's a lot of people out there in our country who's not as lucky as you.

who knows.
i believe he had took 90% of his wages for months or years maybe to buy shinny hardware...:) It because the same shit also happened to me.. :laugh:

cmon man, he's exaggerating. he's a manager on a large scale IT company :D he wouldn't have much time posting here otherwise :shadedshu

wow, that's great..

-----

according to videocardz dot com.. http://videocardz.com/46929/official-amd-radeon-r9-290x-2160p-performance-17-games

Last edited:
System Name potato
Processor Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Custom WC Loop
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600
Video Card(s) RTX3090
Storage 512GB, 2TB NVMe + 2TB SATA || 32TB spinning rust
Display(s) XIAOMI Curved 34" 144Hz UWQHD
Case be quiet dark base pro 900
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1800T, Logitech G733
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Logitech G Pro
Keyboard Logitech G913
Software win 11 amd64

cmon man, he's exaggerating. he's a manager on a large scale IT company :D he wouldn't have much time posting here otherwise :shadedshu

Non troll question. Thats an x79 mobo. High chance the 780 is running at pci-e 2 . If the 290x is running at pci-e 3 would the 4k resolution have an effect on fps?

errr, except from the picture it's obvious that 780 & 290x benched using the very same mobo :confused:

Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
Non troll question. Thats an x79 mobo. High chance the 780 is running at pci-e 2 . If the 290x is running at pci-e 3 would the 4k resolution have an effect on fps?

That's a valid concern.

I read this thread @ EVGA forum : http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2032492
It seems that 331.40 BETA provides PCI-E 3.0 support for Titan and 780 under X79 platform (but with Ivy Bridge-E processor, don't know about SB-E).

How do you account for reviewer setups from Toms Hardwares, Anandtech & Eteknix that used there own hardware?

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
That's a valid concern.

I read this thread @ EVGA forum : http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2032492
It seems that 331.40 BETA provides PCI-E 3.0 support for Titan and 780 under X79 platform (but with Ivy Bridge-E processor, don't know about SB-E).

Yeah but i'm using those drivers and i'm not showing pci-e 3 unfortunately.

As for Xzibit 's point, yes, that's valid. If an Ivybridge board is used it negates any issues :)

Like I said, not trolling but AMD's set up isn't 'potentially' using equal specs on both cards. If other reviews use Ivy, then all's cool (if the lane bandwidth is even a problem in the first place!)

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
What's with these crappy 4k benchmarks, I dont care for that reso, even less for that lousy fps. I mean I would never play at 24-50fps..

Give us some 1920x1200 reso benchmarks.

Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
Yeah but i'm using those drivers and i'm not showing pci-e 3 unfortunately.

As for Xzibit 's point, yes, that's valid. If an Ivybridge board is used it negates any issues :)

Like I said, not trolling but AMD's set up isn't 'potentially' using equal specs on both cards. If other reviews use Ivy, then all's cool (if the lane bandwidth is even a problem in the first place!)

Ah, my bad, didn't realize you have SB-E :D

Case Cougar MG120-G
VR HMD Meta Quest 2

Not that i'm complaining :D

This.
290X implement a "new" crossfire methods via PCIe bus link.Although looks good on paper,my major concern is 38 PCIe lane 2.0 over my 990FX boards.Two of them could consume 32 lanes,and left 6 lane.It's still unclear to me whether AMD will do full duplex or needed another lane for crossfiring.On the side note,AMD could utilize IOMMU which is available across all 900 series board,perhaps...by creating virtual sideband addressing.

who knows.
i believe he had took 90% of his wages for months or years maybe to buy shinny hardware...:) It because the same shit also happened to me.. :laugh:

we're in the same boat here...the key is 2S ,saving and starve :laugh:

How dare you spreading FUD :p
Btw how are you old friend?is your shoulder been recovered?

System Name potato
Processor Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Custom WC Loop
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600
Video Card(s) RTX3090
Storage 512GB, 2TB NVMe + 2TB SATA || 32TB spinning rust
Display(s) XIAOMI Curved 34" 144Hz UWQHD
Case be quiet dark base pro 900
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1800T, Logitech G733
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Logitech G Pro
Keyboard Logitech G913
Software win 11 amd64
How dare you spreading FUD :p
Btw how are you old friend?is your shoulder been recovered?

:D

not 100% but okay, better be, coz i spent pretty much 3 titans for it :shadedshu and now am broke :roll: