• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w

tux_topo

I´ve tried an SLI with a GTX680ref + GTX760 and was a full success :D:D
sli-2.png

There is a crysis 2 benchmark. The first 3 results are from the GTX760 alone. The last ones are for the SLI.
Tested in a Rampage IV Extreme x79 motherboard with an Sandy Bridge-E 3820...
Thanks to all!!

Gap2004

Hi, i have GTX 275 896mb SLI and want to know: can i add GTX 295 1792mb for quad-SLI?

Hi, i have GTX 275 896mb SLI and want to know: can i add GTX 295 1792mb for quad-SLI?
DEV_05E6 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275"
DEV_05E0 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295"
DEV_05EB = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 "

This combination would be tri-SLI, it might work but no guarantees.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
DEV_05E6 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275"
DEV_05E0 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295"
DEV_05EB = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 "

This combination would be tri-SLI, it might work but no guarantees.

Be interesting to see if it does - I do not believe anyone has done this so far.

System Name DIY Budget Desktop (early 2011)
Processor Intel Core i3 550 O.C. @ 4.2 GHZ
Motherboard Gigabyte H55M-USB3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 101
Memory 6GB Kingston DDR3 1333mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 + Intel GMA HD
Storage 2x 1TB 7200RPM 8M cache Raid 0
Power Supply LS Ultra 600W
Software Windows Vista Ultimate X64 EN
nevermind.

Last edited:

tux_topo

Something weird that i found, is that i loose the 3D options once installed this patch. So, re-installed the from the inside folder, the 3D Vision package, and now all is working OK :D

RobinDK1967

Hello I am new to this post, but have read some of it.

My question is following, why has GTX 560 TI many different DEV numbers in the list and I cant find GTX 560 TI 448 DEV number in the list.

Can I find DEV number somewere myself ?

HdDefused

@beto8824 Ok, I removed the check. You can redownload it in my post.

EDIT: Nevermind.

I`m Still having this problem all the files in the downloaded folder have been extracted but i still receive this error of the tools folder not being extracted. please help

kawaiidon

Hi all, i have two 460 gt (reference and new design) motherboard asus p8p67 rev 3.1(not pro or deluxe), win 8.1 and driver 331.82.
When I apply a patch I get SLI in nvidia panel. I choose this mode. FPS in Battlefield 4 is lower than the one 460, furmark turn off the computer immediately after the test run.

What to do?

Boskosauce

Hi there,

I have been trying to get my cards to SLI for quite some time, even purchased a new PSU thinking that that was the issue. It was not.

I have an MSI 660ti 2gb and an Asus 660ti 3gb. The sli connector is connected properly. I have reseated both cards multiple times. The one thing that appeared to have fixed the issue, but didn't, was installing the older realtek network drivers. The SLI option appeared when installing those, however, sli was never able to enable properly. It continuously crashed.

The SLI option does not appear even when I attempt to use the DifferentSLI fix.

Does anyone have any idea why this will NOT work at all? Any help would be appreciated, as I have nearly given up.

I'll be a little bit more specific. When attempting to use the DifferentSLI fix, the SLI option does appear in the Nvidia control panel. When attempting to enable it, however, it gets to the "Applying Settings..." step, and the Control Panel completely locks up and freezes to the point where I need to 'Close program' due to it having stopped working. Right clicking my desktop does not show the Nvidia control panel anymore. I am forced to reinstall the drivers for anything to go back to normal.

Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Last edited:

austin1209

Hi there,

I have been trying to get my cards to SLI for quite some time, even purchased a new PSU thinking that that was the issue. It was not.

I have an MSI 660ti 2gb and an Asus 660ti 3gb. The sli connector is connected properly. I have reseated both cards multiple times. The one thing that appeared to have fixed the issue, but didn't, was installing the older realtek network drivers. The SLI option appeared when installing those, however, sli was never able to enable properly. It continuously crashed.

The SLI option does not appear even when I attempt to use the DifferentSLI fix.

Does anyone have any idea why this will NOT work at all? Any help would be appreciated, as I have nearly given up.

I'll be a little bit more specific. When attempting to use the DifferentSLI fix, the SLI option does appear in the Nvidia control panel. When attempting to enable it, however, it gets to the "Applying Settings..." step, and the Control Panel completely locks up and freezes to the point where I need to 'Close program' due to it having stopped working. Right clicking my desktop does not show the Nvidia control panel anymore. I am forced to reinstall the drivers for anything to go back to normal.

Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
sometimes when cards have different dedicated memory nvidia no longer considers them the same, thus not sli compatible.

gopackersjt

I'm confused here. I have UAC disabled, admin, and everything extracted into the same folder. Everything patched alright to. (I'm trying this with an MSI 660ti 3GB, and a Gigabyte 770 4GB btw). Why is it doing this? I'm confused!

Attachments

• help.PNG
    help.PNG
    178.3 KB · Views: 556

Boskosauce

I'm confused here. I have UAC disabled, admin, and everything extracted into the same folder. Everything patched alright to. (I'm trying this with an MSI 660ti 3GB, and a Gigabyte 770 4GB btw). Why is it doing this? I'm confused!
You don't have UAC fully disabled. Follow these steps.

Open regedit and find this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
then select EnableLUA and set it to 0
Restart
Run Install.cmd
Restart
go to regedit and set the value back to 1, because it will brake your METRO apps.
Restart

Valediction

I'm trying to run a gtx 560 ti 448 core with a gtx 470. I managed to do it using anatoly's method and 320.18 modded driver, however I'm trying to move to the 331.82 driver. I've gone through the steps in Ember's .txt, but I'm not getting any SLI configuration settings to come up. I've tried starting at the beginning a few times, and the patch is always "successful", but after rebooting there is no change in the nVidia control panel, and only one graphics card is recognized by the computer.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong?

gopackersjt

I got it to work, I just had to reboot. I was able to get the SLI option to pop up, but when I enabled it my resolution dropped to 800x600 and I couldn't run anything 3D intensive. In other words, you cannot SLI a 770 4GB and a 660 ti 3GB. It was worth a try though! Maybe if you had the 2GB versions of those cards you would have better luck.

Valediction

I got it to work after another hour or so of fooling around with it. The problem may have been that I didn't run all of the processes as Admin, because after doing that it managed to work. I also unplugged and switched up my power cables, and after a reboot or two it worked out. Thanks for all of the work and information on this thread, it's fantastic!

austin1209

so i finally got everything to work but when i enable sli my computer black screens and eventually reboots. useing gtx 660 with gtx 660ti both 2gb

tux_topo

so i finally got everything to work but when i enable sli my computer black screens and eventually reboots. useing gtx 660 with gtx 660ti both 2gb
Those vga have different cores...
660 = GK106
660TI = GK104

I got it to work, I just had to reboot. I was able to get the SLI option to pop up, but when I enabled it my resolution dropped to 800x600 and I couldn't run anything 3D intensive. In other words, you cannot SLI a 770 4GB and a 660 ti 3GB. It was worth a try though! Maybe if you had the 2GB versions of those cards you would have better luck.
Have you tried swaping cards? That option have helped a few cases....

rhondafae

DifferentSLIAuto.1.0 works like a charm. That said, Malwarebytes scan
has indicated DifferentSLIAuto1.0.zip and DifferentSLIAuto1.0/tools/Checksum.exe as being malicious.

Could someone else who recently downloaded the file check?

Thanks.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
DifferentSLIAuto.1.0 works like a charm. That said, Malwarebytes scan
has indicated DifferentSLIAuto1.0.zip and DifferentSLIAuto1.0/tools/Checksum.exe as being malicious.

Could someone else who recently downloaded the file check?

Thanks.

Hi Rhondafae,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is something we are already aware of and will mention it in the first post to address anyone's concerns.

I can confirm that the file flag by MBAM is a false positive. Remove it from your quarantine and then goto your "Ignore" tab. Browse to the file and confirm to have MBAM ignore it in the future.

Austin, right click on your display adapter, go to properties. Switch to the "Details" tab, and in the combo box select "Hardware Ids." See if they are both showing 118 at the beginning of the DEV number.

Tux has pointed out that the 660 and 660ti are different cores :
Those vga have different cores...
660 = GK106
660TI = GK104

Instead of the 660 being DEV_1185 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660", it might actually be DEV_11C0 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660"

If so, it would explain your problems and we will fix the list on the front page.

I got it to work after another hour or so of fooling around with it. The problem may have been that I didn't run all of the processes as Admin, because after doing that it managed to work. I also unplugged and switched up my power cables, and after a reboot or two it worked out. Thanks for all of the work and information on this thread, it's fantastic!

Please indicate why you used the old method? If you are unaware, the new method 'DifferentSLIAuto1.0' works on any driver version.

Additionally, there is only one process/batch file you need to run which will take care of everything.

Use this method on future driver installs.

I`m Still having this problem all the files in the downloaded folder have been extracted but i still receive this error of the tools folder not being extracted. please help

Hello, did you manage to resolve this? If so, please share for others.

Hi all, i have two 460 gt (reference and new design) motherboard asus p8p67 rev 3.1(not pro or deluxe), win 8.1 and driver 331.82.
When I apply a patch I get SLI in nvidia panel. I choose this mode. FPS in Battlefield 4 is lower than the one 460, furmark turn off the computer immediately after the test run.

What to do?

Hello, you say you have two 460GT. How are they different? If they are not different, then this patch is not needed.
If they are different, how is performance in other games - is this only a problem with Battlefield 4? If so, you should research SLI problems with Battlefield 4.

Have you tried swaping cards? That option have helped a few cases....

This is true; sometimes VRAM size differences can be solved by physically switching the cards on your motherboard.

Last edited:

HdDefused

Had this running on windows 8 update to windows 8.1, reinstalled drivers and redid every thing as before but now im receving an error when i run the install, SignTool Error: File not found. iv redownload and try a load of times but it alway gives me that error

any ideas?

running a gtx 560 and gtx 560 ti