• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec/Veris Fusion

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Antec Fusion is a fully featured HTPC case that includes a 430W power supply. The case looks more like a A/V receiver than a case. This fact makes it by far the best fitting HTPC we had the pleasure of testing so far. It completely blends in with the big volume knob, VFD and beautiful white LED. But not only the outsides of the case are unique, the inside is divided in compartments for the mainboard, power supply and hard drives. We fill the case with hardware and take a close look at all the features, hoping it delivers more than just beautiful looks at a great price point.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Poisonsnak

Processor FX-8150
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme lapped & shimmed
Memory Patriot Viper Extreme 8GB DDR3-1866 9-11-9-27 1.65V
Video Card(s) MSI 6950 2GB Twin Frozr II @ 6970 875/1375
Storage Crucial M4 0309 64GB
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case Corsair 650D
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX750
Software Windows [8] Developer Preview
Just my two cents, I bought this case a few months ago and the VFD / volume knob died on my unit after about 2 weeks and the aluminum front is not grounded. Not grounding it could be a safety issue but my issue was that whenever I touched the aluminum front I would get a shock (static shock like) and the system would reboot. I ran my own ground wire now and the problem is solved, just an FYI for people using this case and getting random restarts, ground the front panel.

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
Just my two cents, I bought this case a few months ago and the VFD / volume knob died on my unit after about 2 weeks and the aluminum front is not grounded. Not grounding it could be a safety issue but my issue was that whenever I touched the aluminum front I would get a shock (static shock like) and the system would reboot. I ran my own ground wire now and the problem is solved, just an FYI for people using this case and getting random restarts, ground the front panel.

Actually the front aluminum panel is grounded by a cable which is screwed into the metal casing itself!

I just noticed, as you mentioned it. I will make a picture asap and add it to the review.

EDIT: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/Fusion/images/caseopen.jpg
see the cable which comes out the whole in the middle of the front part of the case and goes up straight just under the edge? that is the cable I mean. Do you have that in your case?

cheers
DS

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
too bad this is only mATX ...

spazlon

I am wanting to buy this case from Newegg along with a HIS Radeon HD 4870 1GB.

My concern is that the graphics card will not fit in the case, or will cause an airflow issue. Has anybody had an experience putting a rather large card in this case? If so, what were you temperatures like?

Thanks!

- Ryan

eXo

Just got the case yesterday; anything longer than 9.5 inches wont fit in this case, ie everything worth putting in. Tried to throw in a MSi gtx275 but it fell short but a measly inch (not that it mattered, coz the SATA inputs on the mobo are blocking the bottom too lol). After being pleasantly surprised about the exceptional case design, it's annoying to see it ruined by a non-essential hard-drive support panel.

Gonna try ATI but the 48xx's have the power connectors coming out the back, which means it's going to be a very tight fit in there, should be about a 1/5 inch gap leftover at best.

I'll prolly end up pulling out the metal shears and hacking the useless panel to bits :ohwell: