• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Announces the NiC Series CPU Coolers

Thermaltake, an industry leader in computer chassis, thermal solutions, and power supply units announces the most innovative product, NiC Series CPU Coolers. Incorporating the latest proprietary technology, Thermaltake introduces to the world the all new NiC series in 2014 (L31/L32), inspired from its name "non-interference cooler", fully compatible with RAM of all kinds, ideally for power users who fill their RAM slots with taller high-end overclocked RAM. This also brings the air cooler industry another level towards silence, performance and compatibility.

Uninterrupted New Standard
NiC L31/ NiC L32 solves the problem that high performance RAM and CPU coolers cannot co-exist in the past, it achieves the best RAM clearance allowing user to install high end overclock RAM with coolers with ease.

Enhanced Airflow
Three solid Φ 8 mm Direct Contact Heat-pipes conduct the heat effectively, support up to 160 W (L32:180 W). This ensures the best possible heat dissipation performance conducting heat effectively.

Competent design
Opening on the fins are designed not only for its distinctive looks but also for performance. The opening of the top fin extends to the opening of the bottom fin creating an even dissipation surface.

Low profile PWM fan
The slim-looking fan frame is designed to avoid interference with other components on the motherboard achieving a low total height of only 140 mm (L32:160 mm). Spin speed from 500 - 1800 rpm automatically. Additional fan can be added.

NiC Series, the all new CPU air cooler design which features a slim tower side flow design, low profile PWM Fan, efficiently optimizes cooling performance while allowing optimized compatibility with RAM of all kinds and also enabling the user to adjust the fan speed more conveniently.

For more details on the Thermaltake NiC Series Coolers information please visit:
NiC L31: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002246
NiC L32: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002247

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Anyone have any experience with these NIC models?

I like that they are not bulky and wont extend over the memory slots. Are they any good or just a stock HSF replacement?

I'm sure they are good based on the design but how good compared to the top tower models can only be determined via accurate lab testing by reputable review sites.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
so far the cooler and the fan looks pretty good, then just waiting for reviews :toast::toast:

ohyouknow

Though they were probably not intended for ITX motherboards. I find it a bit ironic that when I tried to mount the NiC (Non-interference cooler) F3 onto my A88X Wifi the top mounting bracket blocked access to the first DIMM slot. Hopefully this revision doesn't have the same issue.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Though they were probably not intended for ITX motherboards. I find it a bit ironic that when I tried to mount the NiC (Non-interference cooler) F3 onto my A88X Wifi the top mounting bracket blocked access to the first DIMM slot. Hopefully this revision doesn't have the same issue.
really? but you can move the fan to the back so you can use 1st memory slot

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
I like this. The only concern I have is that my case can take coolers up to 160 mm and in this article it says the heatsink dimensions are 160mm for the height. Does the 160mm height include the tips of the heatpipes or only the heatsink?

ohyouknow

really? but you can move the fan to the back so you can use 1st memory slot

The mounting bracket that you attach the crossbar to covers the DIMM slot. The fan and heatsink are fine its just the mounting brackets they provided are optimized for Intel.

System Name Partial MOD
Processor Core i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Nepton 280L
Memory 2x8 GB Team Xtreem LV DDR3 2666 Mhz
Video Card(s) R9 295X2
Storage ***********************************************************************************
Display(s) *****************************************************************************************
Case TT Core X9
Audio Device(s) ZxR
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Software TeamViewer
I have the Nic C5. It's clumsy construction and not fully non-interference. It might free the RAM slot but it totally blocks the top PCI-E x1 slot on the Asus Z87-Deluxe motherboard.

I have the Nic C5. It's clumsy construction and not fully non-interference. It might free the RAM slot but it totally blocks the top PCI-E x1 slot on the Asus Z87-Deluxe motherboard.

Not many in depth reviews online about them

How is the cooling on it with your chip?
Can you replace the fans with better ones easily?

System Name Partial MOD
Processor Core i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Nepton 280L
Memory 2x8 GB Team Xtreem LV DDR3 2666 Mhz
Video Card(s) R9 295X2
Storage ***********************************************************************************
Display(s) *****************************************************************************************
Case TT Core X9
Audio Device(s) ZxR
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Software TeamViewer
Not many in depth reviews online about them

How is the cooling on it with your chip?
Can you replace the fans with better ones easily?
I have read on some reviews w/ benchmarks that cooling is fairly decent, even better than low end corsair liquid coolers. I think the whole non-clearance fan mechanism is non-standard.
Also, the non-clearance probably will not work some mobo's such as Biostar TZ77XE4

System Name Master
Processor Pair of Xeon X5675's @ 4.3
Motherboard SR-2 Classified
Memory 12 GB of Corsair Dominator GT's @ 2000 7-7-7-21
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX680
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750
The only difference between the first versions and the second, other than cosmetic, is the new slim fans. They're decent coolers. I reviewed the first version NiC 3. Performance was roughly the same as a 212+. The bigger Nic's performance was similar to most all of the competitions equal coolers. The big selling feature on these is the 'not blocking ram slots' feature. There will be some boards that will test this though. Not all boards adhere to the same design specs.

Last edited: