• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Power Zone 850 W

be quiet! has gained a good reputation among noise-sensitive users who also treasure reliability and high performance. We will review the Power Zone 850 W: It is the second strongest of its line, offers a fully modular design, and sports Bronze efficiency. This PSU is also equipped with a high quality SilentWings fan.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Butterfly Effect
Processor i7-3770K 4.0Ghz uv
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Cooling HR-02 Macho
Memory 4x4GB 2133/10-12-12-32/2T
Video Card(s) GTX 670 2GB (OC 1267/1750)
Storage 840 EVO 250GB + WD30EFRX
Display(s) BenQ G2410HD @ 75Hz
Case Lian Li PC-A05NB
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Seasonic 660XP²
80+ Bronze is so 2008.
Also 160$/120€? What?!
850 G2 costs the same. Not so quiet! (pun intended) brought a knife to a gun fight lol.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
80+ Bronze is so 2008.
Also 160$/120€? What?!
850 G2 costs the same. Not so quiet! (pun intended) brought a knife to a gun fight lol.
yep the price is kinda high for bronze

System Name ChaosMoes
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3570K no OC yet
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Scythe Ninja 3 Rev. B
Memory 16GB 2xPatriot DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1866 Kit (PV38G186C9KRD, Viper 3 Venom Red)
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 590 Phantom Gaming X 8GB GDDR5 188€@13.07.19 Amazon Sale
Storage Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, + ST32000645NS Seagate Constellation 109€ reichelt.de 2012
Display(s) 27" Phillips PHL 276E9Q 189€ @ Saturn(Germany) 1.09.2018
Case Zaria A20 !!!THANK YOU TECHPOWERUP.COM!!!
Audio Device(s) onboard Sound
Power Supply SeaSonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
does anyone take them apart to see if the components are different to others, like sometimes a higher price means better capacitors and mosfets?

i think be quiet is established in germany because they deliver a high quality product that's not cheap but gets the job done very nicely...

when i did build my last/current pc, i went out to my street dealers and online sellers like alternate/mix-computer/cyberport/atelco... and all of them just offered a bunch of powersupplys...
i could buy from lepatek (indian manufacturing?), corsair, and lots of "DOOR STOPPERS" 500W=17€ lol not gonna buy these :p

i ended up with an 550W bequiet and later decided to go with the 82€ (01.11.12) 690W Bequiet L9 i think, because it offered the best quality and features. The corsair units tested here where not up to par with quality (sorry guys but those cables? nooo), Silverstone and Antec where far away from my budget and "Xigmatek" looked just fishy (you do get some good chinese ripoffs from xigmatek ones here).

Only in the competition remained:
Coolermaster
Bequiet
Thermaltake

Well bequiet won with a great margin, thermaltake had some "Gaming" Kid's style powersupply with whiny fans and leds, and Coolermaster was more expensive and i stil remember those cpu coolers from them (sorry but the soket 7 coolers were shit as hell).

The bequiet unit was fully modular and very nice paket with all the cables and a little bag for the accessories, stuff that i normally won't care for but i did as i got them free of charge :p

most german customers are price concious and they buy the cheaper units in a second, but with bequiet it's also brand reputation and constant quality that gets rewarded....

PS: one of the xigmatek powersupplys was marketed with: "super gerellte qualität" and had the AC "~" and DC "=" signs in reverse! In german you say "super geregelte quality" which should mean "super regulated dc output" instead....... china copy anyone??

I loved the "DOOR STOPPERS" phrase :)

As for the Bronze issue, this PSU uses a Gold platform and the efficiency I measured is much more on the Gold side rather the Bronze one. And I tested so far three Power Zones with all giving the same results in the efficiency section. So please don't pay so much attention to the marketing badges and read the actual review and see how the product scored.

Finally Be Quiet's PR assured me that he will keep the price much lower through promotions etc.