• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefox's CEO Brandon Eich steps down amid controversy

System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
As for the marriage comments above, @remixedcat and @Chevalr1c, I agree, for the most part. But when you offer and allow one group of people the right to juggle baby geese, you have to allow everyone. Anything else is bullying.

I agree to that. For all or for none.

Actually, according to the Equality Act, that's illegal. "But membership must not be solely on the basis of someone’s colour, for example, an association cannot say it will only accept white people or black people as members, and cannot offer different terms of membership on the basis of colour. "

...I think we've come to an understanding of sorts. I'll say one last thing, which I believe needs to be touched on. The Mozilla foundation is centered in the United States. As such, they are not obliged to UK rules related to their US dealings. You have quoted a UK law.

For those who want to say it, "we do freedom differently here in 'Murica." There are still private groups allowed to segregate based upon race, gender, and sexual orientation. If you'd like to see an example of the opposite of traditional white versus black segregation, look at the NAACP. If you want segregation based upon sexual orientation and a belief in god look at the Boyscouts.

While I am proud to be an Eagle scout, I suggested people avoid them (until they allowed all boys to be scouts). I still have reservations because they don't allow homosexual scout masters.

System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care
It's sad. There we even a tonne of LGBT workers at Firefox who fully supported him and said they wanted him to stay. Guess they got drowned out by all the hipsters that tweeted for him to resign for the "image".
Somebody shouldn't be judged on something they did so long ago. People seem to think it's impossible for someone to change their views throughout their entire lifetime.
When I was a kid I hated lasagne. Now I love it. It's not like if I visited my mother and she banned me from eating her lasagne because I told her I hated it when I was 7. That's just plain retarded and short sighted.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Couldn't agree with you more. Just like to add, there are ALOT of LGBT who don't agree with their kin getting married based on principal. Why cause such a hullabaloo over literally .75% of the population; 1.5% is the official percent of North Americans who identify themselves as LGBT, and it's the Liberal lefties, the .75%, are the ones crying foul. 60% of North American's identify themselves as Christian (including many LGBT). Do the math here! The (self proclaimed) bullied are now the bullies!!!

Couldn't agree with you more. Just like to add, there are ALOT of LGBT who don't agree with their kin getting married based on principal. Why cause such a hullabaloo over literally .75% of the population; 1.5% is the official percent of North Americans who identify themselves as LGBT, and it's the Liberal lefties, the .75%, are the ones crying foul. 60% of North American's identify themselves as Christian (including many LGBT). Do the math here! The (self proclaimed) bullied are now the bullies!!!

No. No, no, no no.

Rights are not for the majority. Being accepted is not for the majority. The rights that are secured in the US are designed to protect the minority from the majority. Just because most people believe something does not make it true. Approach all arguments based upon the voracity of their facts, not on how many people agree with a particular view.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
...I think we've come to an understanding of sorts. I'll say one last thing, which I believe needs to be touched on. The Mozilla foundation is centered in the United States. As such, they are not obliged to UK rules related to their US dealings. You have quoted a UK law.

For those who want to say it, "we do freedom differently here in 'Murica." There are still private groups allowed to segregate based upon race, gender, and sexual orientation. If you'd like to see an example of the opposite of traditional white versus black segregation, look at the NAACP. If you want segregation based upon sexual orientation and a belief in god look at the Boyscouts.

While I am proud to be an Eagle scout, I suggested people avoid them (until they allowed all boys to be scouts). I still have reservations because they don't allow homosexual scout masters.
I stand corrected (and feel stupid :) )