• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Introduces the EK-Thermosphere Universal GPU Water Block

EK-Thermosphere is a high performance universal GPU water block built off EK-Supremacy cooling engine, designed specifically for the use with EK-FC Terminal interconnects in multiple graphics card system. Other heat generating components (such as RAM and VRM integrated circuit) need alternative cooling method (fan and/or self adhesive heatsinks).

"We're pleased to introduce our new conceptually new universal GPU water block," said Niko Tivadar, EK-Thermosphere main designer and Product Manager of EKWB. "EK-Thermosphere is a new addition to our Clean CSQ industrial design line and features very slim construction, thanks to completely new architecture. Unmatched thermal performance and even more straight-forward installation procedure than before are key features of this product. Hooking up liquid cooling to four GPUs has never been easier."

The Thermosphere cooling engine uses similar, yet refined as per needs of modern microprocessors, fin design as its ancestor. The cooling liquid accelerates through jet plate's nozzle and turbulently continues its path through numerous very thin channels which provide extreme cooling surface area. EK-Thermosphere can also work flawlessly with reversed water flow which does not affect the cooling performance.

Base is made of electrolytic copper, backbone is made from laser cut brushed stainless steel plate while the top is made of quality POM Acetal material. Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed in each exchangeable mounting plate and allow for safe, painless installation procedure. Up to four EK-Thermosphere water blocks can be used on a single ATX form factor motherboard by using EK-FC Terminal (DUAL, TRIPLE or QUAD type) system or other means of interconnectivity. Additionally, plexi top variants also features two pre-drilled slots for use of 3 mm LED diodes.

GPU compatibility:
EK-Thermosphere series waterblocks supports majority of modern NVIDIA and AMD high-end graphics cards via exchangeable mounting plates. The product however comes factory pre-fitted with mounting plate G80 (mounting pattern 58x58 mm) and ready for use on modern NVIDIA GeForce GTX 500, -600 and -700 series graphics cards only. Please check compatibility at EK's CoolingConfigurator.

To use this product on AMD and other NVIDIA graphics cards it is mandatory to purchase additional mounting plates:
  • G92: 53x53 mm
  • R600: 54x54 mm
  • GF560: 51x61 mm
  • G200: 61x61 mm

Enclosed in the box:
  • EK-Thermosphere series water block /w pre-installed G80 mounting plate
  • mounting mechanism
  • thermal grease (TIM) EK-Ectotherm (1g)

EK-Thermosphere water blocks are available in several different variants and are readily available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Acer Aspire V3-571G
Processor Core i3 3110M Dual Core 2.4 GHz Ivy Bridge
Motherboard Intel HM77
Memory 4Gb DDR3 1333 MHz Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics 4000/NVIDIA GeForce GT630M
Storage Kingston V300 120Gb SATA3 SSD
Display(s) Asus VS239H 23-inch AH-IPS Monitor
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD with Dolby™ Digital Plus
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse + Corsair MM400 Hard Plastic Gaming Mouse Mat
Keyboard Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Romer-G Switches by Omron and Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nah, nevermind me then xD
Looks very nice to me :cool:

Would it really be so much work for them to allow you to order whichever plate you need rather than include one in the price that you mostly will have to throw away and then force you to pay again for the actual one you need?

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Only if you don't know what you're doing when mounting a GPU-only block.

Exactly. It looks pretty great for a universal block, and if you don't mind mounting ram/vrm sinks, then it seems like a very viable option. Personally, I'm not that acquainted with it so I'll need to stick to full cover blocks. ;)

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
I wonder how these compare to watercools universals

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I wonder how these compare to watercools universals

I decide to go on Thermosphere instead full cover waterblock now at begin of June.
It's to much for me to pay 220-250e over reference models when I change graphic cards.
It's one excellent motherboard. And I will hard to sell waterblock, this I can use for next card and
need to pay 100e over reference model for custom design.
For me at this moment for people who wish every part to be similar style no better option than combination EK Sumpremacy Clean CSQ, EK D5 X-Top pump included and Thermosphere or full cover depend what customer want.