• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sensor Test Crash

System Name Daedalus
Processor AMD FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis (2x4GB)
Video Card(s) MSI R9 270X Gaming 2GB
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) LG Flatron E2442 (main - 24in 1080p)
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (Gunmetal Edition)
Power Supply XFX Pro 650W
Mouse Steelseries Siberia [RAW]
Sorry for the 4 year bump!

Not sure if this is at all relevant anymore. :)

I tried this test on my old Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR motherboard and E8400 cpu and I got the system lock up and had to hard reset three times.

I read the entire thread and the one thing everyone had in common is the Gigabyte EP45 series motherboard, so it must just have something to do with this particular motherboard.

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. :)

This would be classed as major necroing of this thread, which people tend to get rather annoyed about on the forums. ;)

I'm sure the advice you were giving would be very useful, but for future reference its not a good idea to "necro" old threads, or basically post in a very old thread so that it becomes the top of a list again. Many people have a different perception of what a poster is trying to do when necroing an old thread.

I hope this helps in case you start receiving abuse :laugh:

Layton

System Name EVGA-FX | Lenny (Lenovo Y480)
Processor AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz 1.416v | i7 3610qm
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 | 8gb DDR3 @ 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX780 Classified @ 1228MHz 1.615v | GT640m LE
Storage Crucial M500 480GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB, WD Scorpio Blue 750GB | Samsung 250GB 840
Display(s) Qnix QX2710 1440p | 42" Vizio 3D LCD TV 1080p
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo
Power Supply Seasonic G-650
Software Windows 6.3.9600
Hello,

Welcome to the forums. :)

This would be classed as major necroing of this thread, which people tend to get rather annoyed about on the forums. ;)

I'm sure the advice you were giving would be very useful, but for future reference its not a good idea to "necro" old threads, or basically post in a very old thread so that it becomes the top of a list again. Many people have a different perception of what a poster is trying to do when necroing an old thread.

I hope this helps in case you start receiving abuse :laugh:

Layton

Never understood why people have hissy fits about that. If the thread is relevant to an issue then why not keep all relevant info in the same thread?

I completely understand why people have an issue with BS topics being brought back tho.