• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

LordMoldieWart

347.09 WHQL came out recently, I still want to release a new package but here is a pre-patched 347.09 WHQL. Just put this in your DifferentSLI folder and run Install.cmd

http://www.mediafire.com/download/357x8ifuh8riuf2/nvlddmkm34709whql.rar

Hey, I did what you said, but when I run install.cmd as administrator, I'm getting an error that reads "Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder." I'm running it on a 64-bit system if that information is relevant.

Noah2315

I'm using the install pre packed nvlddmkm and I'm still getting the 'could not find patch' error. When I use the Install command, it uninstalls my drivers. I'm using 347.09 drivers and trying to SLI two gtx 560s on my non-SLI motherboard. I had it working previously...

EDIT: When I mean uninstalls, I launch windows back up after the reboot and acts as if they're uninstalled. Default resolution, nVdia control panel doesn't open

quadx

I have two GTX 970's of different brands that wont SLI. When I run DifferentSLIAuto I get "Could not find patch #3"

Noah2315

@Ember Right, so I tried imputing it directly into system 32 which I'm assuming is how that was meant to be done. Either way, the result is the same: Windows practically uninstalling the drivers and forcing me to re-install them.

@Noah2315 the driver must be self-signed and test sign mode must be enabled in Windows, which is why you should install it using Install.cmd which does both operations for you. Do not disable test sign mode or it will not work.

Noah2315

@Ember Right... I've had this working before, I understand the installation is supposed to go, this isn't the issue. The issue is, once the nvlddmkm gets installed by any method, it acts as if it is uninstalling my drivers and forces me to install them. That's what the problem is, not the method of installation. I've gone about all of the prescribed methods beforehand, the result is the new nvlddmkm gets installed and the result is as described above.

Evgeniy

Hi guys. I dont run patch . My ver. 347.09

: Welcome to DifferentSLI Patcher v1.1 by Ember 2k13!
: Press "Patch!" to patch your driver.
[E] : Could not find patch #1. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[E] : Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #1
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #2
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #3
: Could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #4
[E] : Could not find patch #4 at all. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[C] : Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.

VAND3R

Hi, i was trying to get this to work today with my 670 and 660ti. after the patch and the install I reboot and all of a sudden nvidia control panel has stopped working. I tryed with the latest nvidia drivers as well as the 337.88 drivers should i be using something else?

VAND3R

here is a screenshot of the command prompt after running install.cmd as admin

Attachments

• difslidriverscode.PNG
    difslidriverscode.PNG
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,937

VAND3R

so i used dseo on the .sys file and all was well upon reboot and it said i could configure sli, so after i did this and clicked apply the screen went black like normal and then the nvidia control panel crashed. This happened on both 337.88 and the latest drivers. so i guess i will be using the 660ti as a physx card for now until this hack will work

VAND3R

344.75 gives the same results.
I'm going to try the modded driver version and see if that works. wish me luck!

VAND3R

320.18 modded driver also does not work. When I press the apply button nvidia control panel crashes. I'm going to stay with 347.09 until i get some feedback from people. do you think maybe I need to reinstall windows?

MrMiniBeast

Hey, I tried doing this and this is what i got

Any help please?

VAND3R

just installed windows 7 onto a blank hard drive and the same problem occurs.
so i know a clean install won't help me. guess i'm going to have to sell the 660 ti and buy another 670

VAND3R

Hey, I tried doing this and this is what i got

Any help please?
make sure that you have copied the .sys file into the root of the folder with the exe in it

MrMiniBeast

make sure that you have copied the .sys file into the root of the folder with the exe in it

I have the nvlddmkm.sys file in the folder.
I should also point out however that devicemanager doesn't show my second GPU, which is weird because I know it works and both fans run when they're both installed

System Name CrYStaL
Processor i7 3930k
Motherboard asus rampage gene iv matx
Cooling corsair h110 extreme 6 other mechanical fans
Memory 16 gb kingston hyperx blue 1600
Video Card(s) zotac amp extreme 980
Storage 2 tb, western digital 240 g samsung evo
Display(s) asus 24 inch 144 hrtz
Case fractual design full tower
Audio Device(s) intergraded
Power Supply 1200 corsair ax 1200 i platinum
Mouse razer
Keyboard logitec gaming keyboard
Software windows 10 home premium
so if there is a chance to sli two different cards , can i sli my 980 zotac amp extreme with my asus rog mars 760???

trscho

edit; so tried to use the premodded file with the install.cmd from cmd prompt. The install itself worked, but using any of the sli settings will cause my system to completely crash.

Tried all sorts of reinstalls and switching cards etc etc no luck

2x gtx 460 (mismatched ((bullshit i might add))) @ newest gfx drivers

Last edited:

Kesho1992

install.cmd worked fine after disabling the CAU but still same issue ( SLI disabled) !!!!!!
Gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 970
evga gtx 970 ACX 2.0 OC
Latest Driver

Beeflet

A while ago i installed differentSli to use my second card on a non sli board. recently i purchased an sli board and was wondering if anyone knows how to uninstall differentsli. the "test mode windows 7" message in the corner of my screen is all i really want gone. i was searching through this thread and couldn't find anyone trying to remove it. any help would be greatly appreciated =)

@Beeflet

1. Perform a clean NVIDIA driver installation. You can use DDU or just NVIDIA clean install in custom driver install mode.
2. Delete "%WinDir%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
3. Delete all DifferentSLI certificates from the DifferentSLI and Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate stores. You can do this using certmgr.msc. The DifferentSLIAuto store will be removed through RegEdit.

To remove the DifferentSLIAuto certificate store, you need to remove the following registry keys:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EnterpriseCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\EnterpriseCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\DifferentSLIAuto
There may be more, so you will need to search for "DifferentSLIAuto" and remove all references that also have Certificate in the registry path.

4. In an administrator command prompt run
Code:
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING OFF

Last edited: