• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Veso Rakia

I confirm that Different SLI 1.3 works perfectly for me with the NVIDIA Driver for GTA V (even played the game at very high quality @ 1080p stable 60fps on 2x GTX 660)

vagh_nagas

Patching in the past has worked flawlessly but now I get the error to report back. Also I cannot patch with different sli after the GTA V update. It removes all the options from my nvidia settings, also it acts as if I have no nvidia card. Please any recommendations are helpful. i did follow the instructions on the other page to do a complete uninstall of everything. It did not help. (PM if you can help through TeamViewer)

evelynn03

I updated my drivers for gta-v and got SLI enabled with 1.3 and all that, but the message about the sli bridge is there, and i dont remember if i had gotten rid of it, is it possible that SLi / bridge are working perfectly but message stays there? any way to really know? Thanks in advance!

http://i.imgur.com/WRw1mtm.jpg

jakub2305

After i installed Diffetentsliauto version 1,3 on 350,12, only by Install becouse patcher didnt work, almost every option from nvidia control panel disapperd so i can t turn SLI on. There are some solutions ?

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Bez názvu.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 631

colepep

Success with 2x 780 Ti on a Dell T7610. Also have an additional NVS 510 not in the SLI config. Had to disable the 510 in device manager to prevent nvidia control from adding automatically. Enabled after pairing the 780's. Currently all 3 cards are working. Nvidia control complains there is a suboptimal setup but overall working well on the latest 350.12 Drivers.

Thanks for such an amazing tool!

ColePep

System Name Thief
Processor AMD FX-8350
Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-D3P
Cooling NZXT Kraken X40
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB @
Video Card(s) (2x) GTX 760
Storage Samsung 2TB @ 7200RPB, Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Case NZXT Phantom 630
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Seems I'm not having much success with this.
Though I've managed to enable SLI on my board (it's a Gigabyte 970A-D3P, and the cards with "SLI", I'm experiencing crashing every time I run a game or a benchmark. The machine will just freeze and even holding the power button won't turn the system off - I actually have to switch it off at the PSU.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, and reinstalling DifferentSLI, but every time I boot I'll get the same crashing as soon as I try something graphics intensive. Not sure if it's meant to, but it also keeps booting into safe mode.

Hope one of you guys can help!

Specs.PNG GPUs.PNG

Willyiv

Ok, finally bowing my head in temporary defeat and asking for help... I had everything running flawlessly until I decided to update my gfx card drivers as I picked up GTAV yesterday. I had SLI working great with 347.88 drivers.
I have 2 EVGA 6600TI. The cards are identical, everything matches.
My motherboard is the 890FXA-GD70. Crossfire board I know but Different SLI worked like a charm initially. So I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers via the control panel. Rebooted in safe mode and used Display Driver Uninstaller. (In safe mode.) I used Regedit to delete the relevant keys as mentioned in the related post on here. I used Ccleaners registry check to delete and fix any errors. Then I installed (clean install) both the 347.88 and the 350.12 drivers and did everything mentioned above between each install so zero left over files could have caused the install to fail.
In a nut shell, I've followed the readme, and any posts on here that pertain to my situation to a T and i'm having no success installing and activating SLI with Different SLI.
The DifferentSLI patcher crashes and says could not find patch #4, falling back to permutation #1,2,3,4 etc.
I have test mode On. At this point i'm literally repeating all the aforementioned steps in the hopes my futile attempts suddenly yeald success lol.
Thanks in advance guys.

Willyiv

Also just physically uninstalled and swapped cards in slots, swapped sli bridge to other tab. Fresh driver install 350.12, DifSLI 1.3, all fresh and clean, no residual files and the patcher still crashes and says cant find patch 4 blah blah blah. I don't get it

Hi guys, I was trying to SLI GTX980 with GTX970 with 350.12 driver and Different SLI Auto v1.3.
Patched the "nvlddmkm.sys" file successfully, Ran "Install.cmd", Restarted.
As soon as the computer restarted I got a popup saying that I need to connect a SLI Bridge.
I went in to nvidia control panel and tried to enable SLI. As soon as I clicked apply nvidia control panel froze then crashed.

A couple of questions.
Do I actually need the SLI bridge to be connected between cards? Or does this tool works only via PCI-E lanes?
My motherboard is Crossfire certified but not SLI certified.
Also originally there was no "nvlddmkm.sys" in the "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" folder, but I found the "nvlddmkm.sys" file from driver version 350.12 in other folder "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers"
Maybe some of those things is what causing the crash?
Is 350.12 driver working with this tool? Maybe I should try earlier driver version?
Any ideas?

Plastic_idiot

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but I've been using differentsli for a while. I'm using it to enable sli on my old gigabyte P55A-UD3P motherboard (PCIE 16X + 4X)with one GTX570 OC (slightly overclocked out of the box) + GTX570, both of the cards have 1280M VRAM. SLI seems to work on my system, but I got quite uneven usage of GPUs in a few games, especially in Starcraft 2: when SLI is enabled, I experience about 20 fps at some specific point of the map, and afterburner shows that the usage of CPU 2 is at about 90% whereas GPU 1 is about 10-20%. Also, I noticed that in other games, load of GPU2 is always about 20 % higher than GPU 1. I tried swap the cards around, but that didn't make any difference. One possible reason I know is because the bandwidth of PCIE 4X might bottleneck the card, but as far as I know, the bandwidth actually doesn't have much effect on the performance (according to some test made by people on other forums).

Games runs well:
Metro 2033
Sniper Elite V2
Heroes of the Storm
Portal 2
Heaven Benchmark
Mass Effect 3

Games runs okay: (30%more load on card 2):
Warframe
Assassin's Creed II & Brotherhood

Games runs badly:
Starcraft 2 (20fps some times)
Just Cause 2 (worse than single card, GPU2 at 90% constantly)
Insurgency ()

Sorry about the games tested, coz I don't have any more recent game.

I know I can't expect differentSLI to work as the real one, and my hardware is like few years old, but still, I hope there might be some way to fix my problem. So could anyone suggest any possible solutions? Thanks in advance~

BTW: I'm using the newest driver, my OS is win7 64bit, CPU is i5 750, PSU is a brand new 750W one, i have a SLI bridge on.

Last edited:

merc_matt

Need some help! I have 2x GTX 760's one is 2gb asus one is 4gb gigabyte , tried both 1.2 and 1.3 with 350.12 drivers... SLI option doesnt show up at all.. both GPU-s are shown as 2gb in Gpu-Z ... pic with device manager, control panel and GPU-Z
http://puu.sh/hupBk/9af1fafff3.jpg

grapeperson

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.
i speak in english is not very well))need some help.i have nvidia gtx 660 & gtx 460
I checked for compliance.
they are not compatible.
but i still trying to set up different sli .
utility earned after the restart. and in System Manager nvidia I can switch sli.but but when switching sli All videodrivers are shutdown.
This is because different DEV ?
or because of another?
whether it makes sense to continue set up sli?

Druidblack

Good afternoon . Tell working mode "Span display with Surround" in the asymmetric SLI?
I 560Ti 448 Core and 560Ti. In the Maximize 3D performance works.

Forgot to specify . Monitors different (as diagonally and resolution )

Last edited:

tito89

Hello guys! i have an Asus Rampage Extreme x48 and two GTX 550Ti, this tool is recommended to use unstead of HyperSLI? i can do SLI with my 2x550Ti in all OS? and use the last Forceware? what is the procedure?
Thanks regaards.

Mike02

Hi,

Can someone help me out please, first of all, im a new user, have no idea how to start a post in here...

few days ago i got my msi 970gtx, had already zotac 970gtx. Cards dont work together on SLI so i had installed differentSLIauto which worked for me! Thanks !
But now, i have another MSI 970GTX and want to uninstall differentSLIauto so my windows is not in "test" mode anymore.
How do i uninstal/undo changes done? do i have to reinstall windows?

Aristides

Hi, as if today, can i connect in SLI a GTX 680 2GB VRAM with a GTX 980 4GB VRAM?
If not, Are there planning to let this two kinds of GPUs run in SLI despite the Video Memory differences?

Thanks for any reply... (and yes i've read all threads)

Ernesto

Hulloes!, idk if i'm supposed to do this here (kinda slow with tech), but i keep getting could not find patch #1#3 and#4, It says to inform ember so thought I'd let u know, any help is really appreciated (>*-*<)

Ernesto

Hi,

Can someone help me out please, first of all, im a new user, have no idea how to start a post in here...

few days ago i got my msi 970gtx, had already zotac 970gtx. Cards dont work together on SLI so i had installed differentSLIauto which worked for me! Thanks !
But now, i have another MSI 970GTX and want to uninstall differentSLIauto so my windows is not in "test" mode anymore.
How do i uninstal/undo changes done? do i have to reinstall windows?

Hi~ i'm new too, u could just google display driver uninstaller (from guru 3d) it does the whole process itself c: will completely wipe the driver and driver info so u can install ur new driver

f00d4tehg0dz

I ordered a new SLI bridge just in case. But was wondering if anyone else gets this bullet point in their Nvidia Control Panel?
"For optimal 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics cards with an SLI connect."
I'm using two 970GTX
1st is MSI
2nd is EVGA

SJ LEE

wow.. what about gtx 9xx series with gtx 6xx series? is there anyone test this combinations?

mikeslemonade

Got a Zotac 970(the mini one) and the PNY 970. And they just don't work together anymore. After I downloaded the new NVIDIA driver for Witcher 3, the DifferentSLI patch won't work. When I try to do the DifferentSLI patch it somehow deletes all the NVIDIA drivers including the NVIDIA Control Panel. The NVDIA Control Panel is important especially for enabling the SLI.

DX12 can't come sooner!

seithan

Hi guys, I was trying to SLI GTX980 with GTX970 with 350.12 driver and Different SLI Auto v1.3.
Patched the "nvlddmkm.sys" file successfully, Ran "Install.cmd", Restarted.
As soon as the computer restarted I got a popup saying that I need to connect a SLI Bridge.
I went in to nvidia control panel and tried to enable SLI. As soon as I clicked apply nvidia control panel froze then crashed.

A couple of questions.
Do I actually need the SLI bridge to be connected between cards? Or does this tool works only via PCI-E lanes?
My motherboard is Crossfire certified but not SLI certified.
Also originally there was no "nvlddmkm.sys" in the "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" folder, but I found the "nvlddmkm.sys" file from driver version 350.12 in other folder "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers"
Maybe some of those things is what causing the crash?
Is 350.12 driver working with this tool? Maybe I should try earlier driver version?
Any ideas?
Did you manage to sli the 980gtx with the 970gtx?