• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Processor Intel Core i5 3350P
Motherboard Asrock z77 Extreme 3
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 660, EVGA GTX 650 ti boost
Case Thermaltake Level 10 GTS
Hey guys, i'm having a bit of a problem using sli. I install the nvidia drivers (doing a clean installation for everything), follow the instructions in the readme file (i was using different sli auto before, so windows was already in test mode), but after i started using 353.30, when i reboot, only one of my displays works, and its like the nvidia drivers are gone entirely. I've tried this three different times, and each time its the same result. Here's my comp specs, hope it helps

Intel Core i5 3350P
Asrock z77 extreme3
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 DDR3
EVGA GTX 660
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost
Windows 8.1

Different SLI auto worked flawlessly when I used windows 8, but after upgrading to windows 8.1, it only worked for 350.21 and 352.86. I skipped 353.06, and when i updated to 353.30, it started doing the problem I mentioned. If anyone has any tricks or tips, or maybe noticed something I did wrong, or anything, let me know, thanks a lot!

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
Hey guys, i'm having a bit of a problem using sli. I install the nvidia drivers (doing a clean installation for everything), follow the instructions in the readme file (i was using different sli auto before, so windows was already in test mode), but after i started using 353.30, when i reboot, only one of my displays works, and its like the nvidia drivers are gone entirely. I've tried this three different times, and each time its the same result. Here's my comp specs, hope it helps

Intel Core i5 3350P
Asrock z77 extreme3
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 DDR3
EVGA GTX 660
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost
Windows 8.1

Different SLI auto worked flawlessly when I used windows 8, but after upgrading to windows 8.1, it only worked for 350.21 and 352.86. I skipped 353.06, and when i updated to 353.30, it started doing the problem I mentioned. If anyone has any tricks or tips, or maybe noticed something I did wrong, or anything, let me know, thanks a lot!
It seems that this driver is not supported for Different SLI Aauto anymore i tried with WIndows 10 Preview and didnt work, back to 353.06 and Windows 7 works fine...i hope Windows 10 full support please ill donate if neccesary...

Success with 2x 780 Ti on a Dell T7610. Also have an additional NVS 510 not in the SLI config. Had to disable the 510 in device manager to prevent nvidia control from adding automatically. Enabled after pairing the 780's. Currently all 3 cards are working. Nvidia control complains there is a suboptimal setup but overall working well on the latest 350.12 Drivers.

Thanks for such an amazing tool!

ColePep
How did you manage to do SLI in a T7610? I have 2 GTX 980 and installs OK but no SLI option only phisicx...

imranh101

Hey, wanted to thank you for this software; let me SLI my 970s together (Can't f'ing believe I need a workaround to SLI together two cards of the same model, though). One question, is this going to be compatible with Windows 10?

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hey, wanted to thank you for this software; let me SLI my 970s together (Can't f'ing believe I need a workaround to SLI together two cards of the same model, though). One question, is this going to be compatible with Windows 10?
I´m asking for Windows 10 support too i guess it is too soon to ask for such thing but it could be possible right? i could see my 3 GTX 660 Tis with 6 GB of VRAM due to Direct X 12 Memory Stack!!! Please answer...

roshd04

Any reason why any of the Forceware drivers past 310.70 are not working well with my GTX460 768MB FPU + GTX460 1GB stock combination?

The most success I have had is with the latest drivers and the 1.3 version of the tool. This time the drivers installed, rebooted, ran the tool, all green, but when I reboot and enable SLI I only get a black screen, then after a hard boot I get a garbled screen that I can still navigate but looks like someone put a scramble filter on it.

I've tried swapping cards in slots and it works fine with the 310.70 driver.

Processor i7 5960x
Motherboard Asus Rampage V Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i GTX
Memory Gskill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Sli
Storage SSD Samsung 850 pro 256 GB
Case NZXT Phantom 820
Power Supply EVGA 1000G2
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Any reason why any of the Forceware drivers past 310.70 are not working well with my GTX460 768MB FPU + GTX460 1GB stock combination?

The most success I have had is with the latest drivers and the 1.3 version of the tool. This time the drivers installed, rebooted, ran the tool, all green, but when I reboot and enable SLI I only get a black screen, then after a hard boot I get a garbled screen that I can still navigate but looks like someone put a scramble filter on it.

I've tried swapping cards in slots and it works fine with the 310.70 driver.

Try a clean installation, uninstall drivers and fix (uninstall different sli 1.3 read this post: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-54#post-3215633)

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 660 ti SLI
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Case Corsair Vengeance C70
Audio Device(s) Audigy RX 7.1
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Mad Katz STRIKE 3
Software Windows 8.1
For official answers before I upgrade to windows 10 next week, I have heard that the newest version of different sli doesn't work anymore. If this is true will the program be updated or is the program in its final stage never to be updated again?

I just installed 353.30 with Differentsliauto 1.3 on windows 7 64bit without any issues... I'd say be patient on the Windows 10 question guys, it hasn't even been released yet. i have my differentsliauto pc reserved for download of windows 10 but i'm not going to install for awhile. i have other pc's i can install it on to fiddle with.

armer

Hi

Will this driver to run two GTX750Ti in SLI mode? Officially support SLI for these cards is not supported.
I'm afraid to buy a second card just for the sake of the experiment. But this is the most powerful that I was able to find in a low-profile design.
MB: ASUS Maximus V GENE

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
Hi

Will this driver to run two GTX750Ti in SLI mode? Officially support SLI for these cards is not supported.
I'm afraid to buy a second card just for the sake of the experiment. But this is the most powerful that I was able to find in a low-profile design.
MB: ASUS Maximus V GENE

I believe that sli will not work because there are no sli connectors (fingers) on any of the cards I have seen. This mod only adds sli support to in comparable motherboards and card combinations but still requires a bridge for sli to work. On the other hand if you version of the card has an sli connector then it may work.

armer

I believe that sli will not work because there are no sli connectors (fingers) on any of the cards I have seen. This mod only adds sli support to in comparable motherboards and card combinations but still requires a bridge for sli to work. On the other hand if you version of the card has an sli connector then it may work.
It seemed to me that the mod allows you to activate the SLI mode for cards. Data transfer method (SLI connector or PCI-E) cards selects itself. No? SLI connector required?

What to say to the author? Why in the list of supported cards are listed: [*]DEV_1380 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti"?
Neither of the GTX750Ti cards has no SLI connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
What to say to the author? Why in the list of supported cards are listed: [*]DEV_1380 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti"?

After further testing on my pc I was able to run sli without the connector. Although this worked in my case, I cannot guarantee this will work for you just because the fact that your card doesn't natively support sli at all. For a perspective if it does work, a single 660 ti scored 5015 in firestrike in my rig, in sli with no bridge the score bumped up to 7807 and with a bridge to 8079.

So if you are willing to take the risk there is a change that it will work on the other hand you could sell your current card and pickup a 960 which dispite possibly being less powerful if your sli setup works (there is no gaurantee the performance in your sli setup would be great as it is not designed for it), it will be less of a hastle.

Mouse Razer Deathader
I commited DifferentSLIAuto v1.3.1 to Github with untested Windows 10 support.
OMG!!!! You are working on Windows 10 support!!!! That´s so exciting i completely love you Xb...

armer

So if you are willing to take the risk there is a change that it will work on the other hand you could sell your current card and pickup a 960 which dispite possibly being less powerful if your sli setup works (there is no gaurantee the performance in your sli setup would be great as it is not designed for it), it will be less of a hastle.
I don't know where to officially not support SLI in GTX750: by drivers or by the chip (hardware). I'm trying to figure out.
I have no other alternatives. I need a low-profile system.

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
I don't know where to officially not support SLI in GTX750: by drivers or by the chip (hardware). I'm trying to figure out.
I have no other alternatives. I need a low-profile system.

As the 750 ti is nvidias most powerful low profile card you have two options I guess which is either upgrade the case and get a new card or try the sli which I'm assuming you wanted to try sli because it's cheaper. And going back to my other post now if you are willing to risk it not working you can try. Similar chip variations such as the 745 and 750 do not natively support sli so the risk would be yours to take a personally I don't know which way I would go.

I commited DifferentSLIAuto v1.3.1 to Github with untested Windows 10 support.
On a fresh install of windows 10 and nvidia windows 10 drivers I am unable to install the most recent build. The install completes without errors and UAC is disable in control panel and the registry also the computer is in test mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

simplelogix

Hi everyone has anyone managed to get this to work with Windows 10? I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my SLI 980s were working fine before but I cant get them to work now. I have tried with version 3.1 still didnt work.

Fire.Born

ok guys so i been reading this post for some time now. i cant seem to get this to work on my set up, GTX 560 and GTX 580

I cant even seem to get one of my cards to work in my computer( GTX 580). I feel like I'v tried everything, but I'm sure I have not. any input would be great. maybe some of you have had this same problem.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
It seemed to me that the mod allows you to activate the SLI mode for cards. Data transfer method (SLI connector or PCI-E) cards selects itself. No? SLI connector required?

The author has not been here for 3 months so you may be talking to deaf ears.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
This is really a thread of people posting and asking questions with nary a return or at best the blind helping the blind... smells like it should be closed.

Carmaine

WINDOWS 10 SOLUTION

I also had this issue and couldn't get it to work in Windows 10 last night. However, after running the "install.bat" file, you will notice that NO FILE WAS COPIED, because "nvlddmkm.sys" is in use, even after it was successfully patched.

SO.......You MUST DISABLE ALL graphics cards in device manager and head to SAFE MODE for this to work.

Here are the steps I did to make this work for ME.

1. Install NVIDIA drivers as normal.
2. DISABLE graphics cards
3. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
4. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
5. HEAD INTO SAFE MODE
6. UAC must be disabled
7. Run Install.cmd
8. Reboot
9. ENABLE graphics cards
10. REBOOT
11. ENJOY SLI

Hope this helps anyone

Ayni

I can't run Install.cmd in Safe Mode as Administrator. Idk why even if I loged as Admin.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I can't run Install.cmd in Safe Mode as Administrator. Idk why even if I loged as Admin.
Did you right click the run box and select run as Administrator?