• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Ayni

Did you right click the run box and select run as Administrator?
Yes, I have just error like this: Please run this as administrator!
I tryed delete this block from bat:
:notadmin
color 0e
echo Please run this as administrator!

But it's doens't help. I have this error screen after following normally install steps:

I don't know to do, I just update 353.30 to newest 353.62. I tryed back to old patches but I have same error screen :(

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 660 ti SLI
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Case Corsair Vengeance C70
Audio Device(s) Audigy RX 7.1
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Mad Katz STRIKE 3
Software Windows 8.1
color 0e

But it's doens't help. I have this error screen after following normally install steps:
You have to disable uac this for some computers requires you to disable it in regedit

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
Actually I just tried and it says I need admin so idk

This is what worked for me because I was unable to run the install in safemode:

1. Install NVIDIA drivers as normal.
2. DISABLE graphics cards
3. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
4. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
5. Boot into Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Mode
6. UAC must be disabled
7. Run Install.cmd with ADMIN
8. Reboot
9. ENABLE graphics cards

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayni

I tryed disable UAC with regedit by
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
And I still have this error. I don't know why I can't normally install it with old patches. DifferentSLI even can't install an older 347.88 update.

What is mean - SignTool error ? How to fix it?

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
I tryed disable UAC with regedit by
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
And I still have this error. I don't know why I can't normally install it with old patches. DifferentSLI even can't install an older 347.88 update.

What is mean - SignTool error ? How to fix it?
What language is you pc setup with because I have no clue what any of the text means

Ayni

What language is you pc setup with because I have no clue what any of the text means
Russian OC Win7 Max 64bit last updates.
Text mean next:
No information on the delivery of key
Can not find the certificate and private key to decrypt
And SignTool Error

Other operations successful

This is really a thread of people posting and asking questions with nary a return or at best the blind helping the blind... smells like it should be closed.
Alot of people still use DifferentSliauto and Ember just recently commited an untested version to github. this is not a plug and play app and does not work for all, testing is required and most of the time the answer to a question can be found in previous posts. This forum has been used to share results, i see no need for it to be closed.

color 0e

I don't know to do, I just update 353.30 to newest 353.62. I tryed back to old patches but I have same error screen :(
Right click on .install edit with notepad , delete these 2 lines and save
net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin

WINDOWS 10 SOLUTION

I also had this issue and couldn't get it to work in Windows 10 last night. However, after running the "install.bat" file, you will notice that NO FILE WAS COPIED, because "nvlddmkm.sys" is in use, even after it was successfully patched.

SO.......You MUST DISABLE ALL graphics cards in device manager and head to SAFE MODE for this to work.

Here are the steps I did to make this work for ME.

5. HEAD INTO SAFE MODE
6. UAC must be disabled
7. Run Install.cmd
8. Reboot
9. ENABLE graphics cards
10. REBOOT
11. ENJOY SLI

Hope this helps anyone
Thanks Carmaine, I am going to install Windows 10 on my Differentsliauto pc and try this method. I will post results and any variations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carmaine

@seanstizz7

No worries. Let me know if it works for you!

:)

I can't run Install.cmd in Safe Mode as Administrator. Idk why even if I loged as Admin.

Hey Ayni. You shouldn't have to use regedit at all to disable UAC. Their simple option screen you posted earlier is all you need to diaable this feature. There might be something wrong with your whole Windows 10 installation altogether.

However, that being said, I forgot to state that I'm using Win 10 PRO. So I'm not sure how different it is with these versions for calling administrator privilegedes if you have the HOME edition.

You can try the following, but it requires you to download a tool extension called UNLOCKER.

1. Download and install Unlocker (http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/)
2. Head into safe mode.
3. Navigate to the folder where you patched "nvlddmkm.sys".
4. Right click the file and select UNLOCKER.
5. Select MOVE at the drop down where it says " No Action".
6. A pop up screen will show up asking you to navigate to the folder you want toove it to. Move it to %Windows\System32\drivers
7. Select OK
8. Reboot

Ayni

Carmaine, thx, but no need.

How to fix SignTool Error:
. You can download my Install.cmd here: http://rusfolder.com/44018532
I disabled admin check so you can run Install.cmd even at safe mode. He work with 1.3.1 also like with 1.2 too
OR DO THIS:
1. Edit Install.cmd (with Notepad++ or Notepad)
2. Search and change string call "tools\Signtool.exe" sign to call "tools\Signtool.exe" sign /v /s "DifferentSLIAuto" /n "DifferentSLIAuto" "nvlddmkm.sys"
It's need because url http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll doesn't work and we make do not write time for certificate
3. Replace these strings:
call "tools\makecert.exe" -r -pe -ss "DifferentSLIAuto" -n "CN=DifferentSLIAuto" "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
call "tools\CertMgr.exe" /add "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" /s /r localMachine root

down, under :certexists. So you will have some thing like this:

:certexists
call "tools\makecert.exe" -r -pe -ss "DifferentSLIAuto" -n "CN=DifferentSLIAuto" "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
call "tools\CertMgr.exe" /add "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" /s /r localMachine root

call "tools\ChecksumFix.exe" "nvlddmkm.sys" -fix
call "tools\Signtool.exe" sign /v /s "DifferentSLIAuto" /n "DifferentSLIAuto" "nvlddmkm.sys"
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\takeown.exe" /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" /a
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\icacls.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" /grant %USERNAME%:f
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\bcdedit.exe" /set TESTSIGNING ON

4. After these moves follow next guide:

5. Boot into Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Mode
6. UAC must be disabled
7. Run Install.cmd with ADMIN
8. Reboot
9. ENABLE graphics cards

WINDOWS 10 SOLUTION

I also had this issue and couldn't get it to work in Windows 10 last night. However, after running the "install.bat" file, you will notice that NO FILE WAS COPIED, because "nvlddmkm.sys" is in use, even after it was successfully patched.

SO.......You MUST DISABLE ALL graphics cards in device manager and head to SAFE MODE for this to work.

Here are the steps I did to make this work for ME.

5. HEAD INTO SAFE MODE
6. UAC must be disabled
7. Run Install.cmd
8. Reboot
9. ENABLE graphics cards
10. REBOOT
11. ENJOY SLI

Hope this helps anyone
@Carmaine , I can confirm that this method worked flawlessly with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, The only thing i did different was i deleted these 2 lines from .install i had issue's in the past with them so i just remove them. Thanks 4 sharing Carmaine.

net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin

KXZaph

Hey, I'm getting issues when I re-enable my graphics cards. I've tried following both the Safe mode version and the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement version of the steps you guys have suggested, and the patch always seems to work fine asking me to reboot. It's only after the reboot where I enable my graphics cards again that nothing happens. They get the little exclamation error on them and I get this message in the device status when opening them in device manager:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I try rebooting again after enabling them but still nothing. Am I missing a step? Or can you think of anything else that has gone wrong? The only way I can get them to start working again is by re-installing the Nvidia drivers.

I'm currently running Windows 10 Home edition so perhaps that could be the reason that it's not working, as I'm not using Pro.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
Hey, I'm getting issues when I re-enable my graphics cards. I've tried following both the Safe mode version and the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement version of the steps you guys have suggested, and the patch always seems to work fine asking me to reboot. It's only after the reboot where I enable my graphics cards again that nothing happens. They get the little exclamation error on them and I get this message in the device status when opening them in device manager:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I try rebooting again after enabling them but still nothing. Am I missing a step? Or can you think of anything else that has gone wrong? The only way I can get them to start working again is by re-installing the Nvidia drivers.

I'm currently running Windows 10 Home edition so perhaps that could be the reason that it's not working, as I'm not using Pro.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
First step would be to try to reinstall the drivers, download the newest windows 10 drivers for your card from nvidias website then chose to do a custom install then clean install. After try enabling your cards to see if they work then try the patch again.

KXZaph

First step would be to try to reinstall the drivers, download the newest windows 10 drivers for your card from nvidias website then chose to do a custom install then clean install. After try enabling your cards to see if they work then try the patch again.

No luck it seems. I did a clean install of the latest drivers again, and performed the patch steps you set out in your earlier post. It all seems to go fine until I enable my cards again, then I hit the same issue that they are enabled but not actually working. The only way I can get them back is by reinstalling the latest drivers, thus causing the cycle to repeat itself again.

What should be happening when I enable the cards after the patch and reboot. Should they just start working again, or does nothing happen until you reboot after enabling them. Either way they don't work until I reinstall the drivers. Pretty vexing, but 10's new so I expected some issues.

on win 7 after final reboot there would be an Nvidia pop up from task bar saying SLI enabled, on Win 10 there was no pop up. I thought it had failed. but when i looked at the Nvidia panel Maximize 3d performance option was available to enable sli.

KXZaph

on win 7 after final reboot there would be an Nvidia pop up from task bar saying SLI enabled, on Win 10 there was no pop up. I thought it had failed. but when i looked at the Nvidia panel Maximize 3d performance option was available to enable sli.

I always checked the Nvidia Control Panel to turn on SLI and to make sure it was functioning, even in Win 7. The issue is that after patching and enabling the cards in Win 10, they just aren't working. At all. My on board graphics are the only thing functioning and the nvidia control panel doesn't even appear to be on my system after patching. It shows up when i search for it but it won't open. As if it thinks it's there but it isn't. Only way I can get it back is by reinstalling the latest drivers.

simplelogix

Thanks Carmaine your method worked great! The only thing is now in the Nvidia control panel it says -For optimal 3d performance, connect the SLI ready graphics cards with an SLI connector. I have an SLI connector and it did not say that when I had windows 8.1 Is there a fix for this?

@seanstizz7 @Carmaine Using different sli auto 1.3.1 I followed your footsteps and got my SLI working post upgrade to windows 10 Pro. Had to remove the check admin line as well. Really nice work guys. Thanks!

Last edited:

KXZaph

@seanstizz7 @Carmaine Using different sli auto 1.3 I followed your footsteps and got my SLI working post upgrade to windows 10 Pro. Had to remove the check admin line as well. Really nice work guys. Thanks!

So you managed to get it working with the 1.3 version rather than the 1.3.1 version? If so I'll give that a go.

Thanks Carmaine your method worked great! The only thing is now in the Nvidia control panel it says -For optimal 3d performance, connect the SLI ready graphics cards with an SLI connector. I have an SLI connector and it did not say that when I had windows 8.1 Is there a fix for this?
Have you tried shutting down, disconnecting sli connector reboot, shutdown reconnect sli connector reboot just to see what happens? also what version of Windows 10?

Clean install method that has worked for Windows 10 pro. Please post results for any other versions of Win 10.

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

Last edited:

KXZaph

Clean install method that has worked for Windows 10 pro. Please post results for any other versions of Win 10.

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

Attempted these exact steps on Windows 10 Home. Resulted in the same problem I've been having with the previous attempts. Get down to step 17 and I cannot access the Nvidia control panel. It shows up in task manager as a background process but no amount of trying to run it from different locations will make it appear.

This is what I get in my device manager:
http://imgur.com/DY9sGm9

Note I'm using 2x 970's however one is EVGA SC the other is EVGA SSC. Different clock speeds which is why I needed to use the patch in Windows 7.

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Software Windows 8.1
Attempted these exact steps on Windows 10 Home. Resulted in the same problem I've been having with the previous attempts. Get down to step 17 and I cannot access the Nvidia control panel. It shows up in task manager as a background process but no amount of trying to run it from different locations will make it appear.

This is what I get in my device manager:
http://imgur.com/DY9sGm9

Note I'm using 2x 970's however one is EVGA SC the other is EVGA SSC. Different clock speeds which is why I needed to use the patch in Windows 7.
I maybe wrong but it appears you may not be test mode. Right click on the windows logo, click cmd as administrator and enter the command:

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

And restart your pc

Reply if this fixes the issue, you cannot leave test mode while the sli mod is enabled. Another fix may be disabling UAC. Sometimes uac must be disabled with regedit (this is an issue I have with my pc, but I doubt is your issue.