• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EpicGear launches Morpha X RGB Fully Modular Gaming Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EpicGear, the leading brand in professional gaming peripherals, today announced the latest innovation the MORPHA X RGB Fully Modular Gaming Mouse. Designed and based on feedback from the gaming enthusiast and community, MORPHA X RGB Fully Modular Gaming Mouse implements MSC (Modular-Sensor-Cartridge) for easy switching laser and optical sensor, as well as MSS (Modular-Switch-Structure) which enables the swapping of switches with different click resistance. MORPHA X, the flagship RGB modular gaming mouse redefines modular gaming mouse and further expands EpicGear's range of gaming peripherals.

Designed with MSC (Modular-Sensor-Cartridge), MORPHA X allows easy switching between optical and laser sensors. Using the included Modular Senor Cartridges, the MORPHA X equipped with an 8,200 DPI laser sensor and the latest 12,000 DPI IR LED sensor for improved accuracy and precision targeting, gamers can choose the sensor which is right for their game and handle any situation.

Gamers with specific preferences on micro-switches will be impressed with the MSS (Modular-Switch-Structure) which allows the swapping of micro-switches including, EG Purple - Pro, Omron 50 million click lifespan and EG Orange - Medium, Omron 20 million click lifespan each with a different click resistance.

Co-developed by pro gamers, every line and curve of the symmetrically shaped, right-handed MORPHA X, is designed for superior support providing a perfectly balanced grip. The separated button-cover design provides absolute clicking precision and feedback, while the adjustable weight system provides hassle-free flexibility and adjustment of the MORPHA X to the preferred weight and balance. A total of 20g across four 5g pieces can be placed in the four internal slots.

MORPHA X also incorporates RGB customizable lighting color and brightness to match each gamer's style, system or environment. Away-From-Mouse (AFM) Ambient Lighting is a programmable feature via GUI software. All lights start to glow in RGB radiance when being left stationary for 20 seconds. All lights will resume normal when movement is detected. MORPHA X can be tuned using the dedicated GUI software. Angle-snapping, lift-off distance, button assignment, DPI, profiles, and USB report rate, just to name a few. MORPHA X also offers detachable mouse shells with grey and white schemes.

Specifications:
  • MSC (Modular-Sensor-Cartridge): 12,000 DPI IR LED sensor cartridge and 8,200 DPI laser sensor cartridge
  • MSS(Modular-Switch-Structure): EG Purple - Pro, Omron 50 million click lifespan and EG Orange - Medium, Omron 20 million click lifespan.
  • Adjustable lift-off distance with auto-calibration feature
  • Adjustable angle-snapping
  • Customizable RGB LED colors
  • On-the-fly sensitivity change
  • Adjustable report rate: 125~1000Hz
  • Optical sensor cartridge: Up to 250ips tracking speed & 50G acceleration
  • Laser sensor cartridge: Up to 150ips tracking speed & 30G acceleration
  • AFM Ambient Lighting mode
  • Lock-down function
  • 7 longevity buttons with 6 programmable
  • 5 gaming profiles with dedicated LED color assignment
  • Ultra-swift big-size PTFE mouse feet
  • 1.8 meter X-braided cable with gold plated USB connector
  • Approx. dimensions: 4.98inch(L) x 2.62inch(W) x 1.57inch(H) / 126.5mm(L) x 66.5mm(W) x 40mm(H)
  • Approx. weight: 3.27 oz / 92.6g excluding sensors, cable & weights
  • Adjustable weight & balance system: 5g x 4 weights, 20g in total / 0.177 oz x 4 weights. 0.70 oz in total.
  • MSRP: USD $129.99.
For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Nice idea about swapping switches, but price is high.

I used to solder new switches every few months when I was hardcore into fps.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Nice idea about swapping switches, but price is high.

I used to solder new switches every few months when I was hardcore into fps.

I really don't understand people when people say- "I went through a razer mat in a few months or so." . "I went through my switches in a few months or so." How do you do that ? Even my first roll on mouse is till working fine and I went through lots of Diablo II Lord of Destruction, lots of StarCraft etc...etc.. I am just thinking aloud, that's all :)

System Name Better than before
Processor 10400
Motherboard B460 Pro4
Cooling Id-Cooling 224
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) 1650 Super
Storage Swordfish 500 GB
Display(s) AOC G2
Case Coolermaster Ammo 533
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X
Power Supply Pure Power 11
Mouse G403
Keyboard Sidewinder x4
Software Windows 10 (ugh)
Show me a right handed ergonomic mouse with replaceable switches for under $50 and I'll be a lifelong customer. I'm tired of replacing perfectly good mice because of switch degradation. You gotta think they only reason they aren't bothering to make switches more durable is to sell more mice.

BTW, my mice tend to start double clicking within 2 years, if you are wondering on the timeline.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I really don't understand people when people say- "I went through a razer mat in a few months or so." . "I went through my switches in a few months or so." How do you do that ? Even my first roll on mouse is till working fine and I went through lots of Diablo II Lord of Destruction, lots of StarCraft etc...etc.. I am just thinking aloud, that's all :)

I was using a Chinese knockoff mouse at that time. :oops: The switches will start double clicking everything once worn out.