• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

rxracer

MS BRICKED DDl and DTS.
You must use win10 14393

The last build with working DDL/DTS is actually Windows Insider Preview 14971. It's not specifically the Creators Edition update that broke it. It was broken months ago. I was thinking about updating today, but I always come here first to see if it's been fixed. I'm still not convinced it ever will be. despite the many owners of licensed boards.

I just hope they don't do something that breaks this mod. Because we never know if we're gonna get someone here who will be able to fix it (if it's even still possible).

TomONeill

Shit! Not this again! I updated to the creators update thinking it'd all be okay and they messed up AGAIN?! The mod doesn't work for me. I have exactly the same issue as when I updated to Windows 10 and I had to wait for another 6 months to get a fix. Shit Microsoft, check your shit first! Especially since this happened before!

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
I hope we get a solution for this or my Home Theater goes to waste.
it wont, but they are slooow as hard shit slooowly doping down the toilet

rd2510

People I just made a MOD Driver on Realtek by enabling SRS Premium Sound. This is valid for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (in my case). Follow the link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boHnScN-5QGt52_w9

TIP 1: Working on all Windows 10 versions.
TIP 2: On Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 you need to uninstall your Realtek installed driver and turn off Driver Signature Enforcement.

Driver Version: 6.0.1.8035

Is this the v2.81 driver package? If not, can you make one for the v2.81 and post it please? It's working really nice on my small PC speakers.

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
All right people this is the latest on the DDL and DTS I on Creator , so hopefully they will release a fix soon it is under testing now

"
The response says this currently

The Creator;s Update, and Windows Insider builds 14980 and later, broke "encoding Audio Processing Objects" that are used in third-party drivers to power things like Dolby Digital Live and DTS Connect, where the output of the Windows shared-mode audio engine is sent to an external decoder such as a S/PDIF audio receiver.

We are testing a fix for this locally.
"

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Is this the v2.81 driver package? If not, can you make one for the v2.81 and post it please? It's working really nice on my small PC speakers.

Yes, it's the package R2.81. Compatible with Windows 10 and DirectX 12.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Here another update regarding the ongoing issue , nothing much we can do but to wait, at least Microsoft is being honest with us :
"

Maurits [MSFT] replied on
  • Microsoft
We actually broke it a couple of times, both as part of spatial audio work (it's all about format changes in the audio device graph isolation process.)

The first time we broke it, the test caught it, and we fixed it before it reached main (and in particular before it escaped to Insiders.)

The second time we broke it, it slipped through a hole in the test, which is where we stand today.

In addition to fixing Windows (as of 16183), we also fixed the test to catch this problem too."

rxracer

I hope we get a solution for this or my Home Theater goes to waste.

I read this a lot here, and completely understand. I felt it too. Most rely solely on the internal audio (mostly Realtek), and when it breaks it all feels lost. But pretty cheap alternatives exist. A while ago I'd had enough, but didn't want to spend heaps to get DDL/DTS back. A bit of eBay searching found me a NIB Bgears' b-Enspirer for just $20AUD. It's an old model but it has a good C-Media chipset ( CMI8788) capable of both DDL & DTS encoding. It's the same used in Auzentech, HT Omega Claro, and some Asus Xonar cards.

There's some CMI8786 (DDL only) based cards for just $12.95US on eBay now. Search a bit harder and/or spend a bit more and you're bound to find a card capable of handling DDL & DTS.

I got so caught up with the Realtek 'fix' I forgot to ask if it was worth it. It's definitely the most convenient option for most of us, but if it's broken it isn't the end of your HTPC joy. I hope my experience helps some.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I read this a lot here, and completely understand. I felt it too. Most rely solely on the internal audio (mostly Realtek), and when it breaks it all feels lost. But pretty cheap alternatives exist. A while ago I'd had enough, but didn't want to spend heaps to get DDL/DTS back. A bit of eBay searching found me a NIB Bgears' b-Enspirer for just $20AUD. It's an old model but it has a good C-Media chipset ( CMI8788) capable of both DDL & DTS encoding. It's the same used in Auzentech, HT Omega Claro, and some Asus Xonar cards.

There's some CMI8786 (DDL only) based cards for just $12.95US on eBay now. Search a bit harder and/or spend a bit more and you're bound to find a card capable of handling DDL & DTS.

I got so caught up with the Realtek 'fix' I forgot to ask if it was worth it. It's definitely the most convenient option for most of us, but if it's broken it isn't the end of your HTPC joy. I hope my experience helps some.

Well thats interesting nonetheless I have an alternative Sound Blaster OMNI 5.1 USB which is DDL capable and it doesn't work with new Creator W10. How can this work when Microsoft clearly stated they BROKE the support for Dolby Digital Live and DTS interactive wile implementing SPATIAL? or you are talking about alternatives to REALTEK DTS-I & DDL altogether ???

I really have no idea, but I feel like Sound Blaster (Creative?) is built off of Realtek or something.

rxracer

Well thats interesting nonetheless I have an alternative Sound Blaster OMNI 5.1 USB which is DDL capable and it doesn't work with new Creator W10. How can this work when Microsoft clearly stated they BROKE the support for Dolby Digital Live and DTS interactive wile implementing SPATIAL? or you are talking about alternatives to REALTEK DTS-I & DDL altogether ???

Yes, I'm talking about a complete alternative to Realtek. There is neglect by manufacturers for many cards when it comes to Windows 10 drivers, but Creative have decent support now, and third party drivers also exist for most. Here's a list of some of the main sites -

http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ - Uni Xonar : Great work for C-Media based cards.
https://danielkawakami.blogspot.com.au/ - Daniel K's official Blog - Modified drivers for ASUS, C-Media and Creative soundcards.
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/forums/pax-drivers.174/ - Modded drivers based on the Creative Offical drivers.
http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331&h=13a - Creative Windows 10 card/driver support page.

As for the Creator update (or rather Insider build 14977) breaking DDL/DTS encoding, it didn't break it for every audio device. It seems all Realtek encoding is broken, but I've read of Soundblaster Z and Asus Xonar DX owners having no problems, and owners of others Xonar cards fixing it with the Media Feature Pack and Uni drivers. Pretty big screw up by Microsoft, but not the end.

I assume people have tried the Media Feature Pack to fix Realtek?

@Jgr9 - No, Creative have been evolving their own E-MU audio chip lines for decades.

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Well In other hand I have witnessed a lot of Creative Z ,ZX users and of course Realtak users facing the same issue and specially the ZX users are crazy as they paid quite some money for their hardware , so how can this people have Z working on Creator ? Can you point me out so I can see , read and maybe get some clue ? Because if it works on their Encoders it should be working on Realtek . I have OMNI 5.1 and I can say 100% it doesn't work and it use the same SBX software only less features like DTS Interactive for example .
What works for both is PASS THROUGH Dolby Digital and DTS but not Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive/Connect

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
latest regarding this issue , getting this build as I type will report back if it was successful
"
Maurits [MSFT] replied on
  • Microsoft

We released build 16184, which has the prospective fix, to Insider Fast. I would be very grateful if anyone who is hitting this problem, and is willing to install Insider builds, could try it out and let us know:

(a) whether the fix actually works on your system

(b) whether there are any new problems
"

Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

I am DJUrko. I am providing you my new modification of the brand new version 6.0.1.8090 of the Realtek HD audio driver. Specially designed for Windows 10 including the new standards SFX, MFX and EFX. The plugins I’ve introduced are: SRS Premium Sound, Dolby Audio X2, Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater and Audio by Harman. In the archive you’ll find installation instructions, see folder Extras. Also you need to disable Secure Boot option in the BIOS. I hope you’ll like it all.

For DTS Connect via SPDIF, you have to replace the original files RltkAPO.dll and RltkAPO64.dll by your modified ones in the folder WIN64. However, you will lose the SRS Premium Sound effect.

I hope that you still have the integrated Dolby Digital Live output via SPDIF, when having installed the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater at the same time. I would be happy to look with those of you who know about modifying these files, to work together on the integration of effects Sonic Focus and PCEE4 (Dolby Home Theater V4). Because I’ve got problems with those. I think that parameters like EP0 and EP1 are required also.

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko

Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSo2xfdo7zyDlHd-qg
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Dear friends, previously I had introduced here in the forum a modified driver version providing the SRS Premium Sound. Now I'm bringing you another modified version of REALTEK driver, but this time providing full support for Sound Blaster XFi MB5, especially for those who have a REALTEK 8 channel (7.1 channel) chip in their hardware. The same, who already knows, has several deep optimization audio features, including for Games, SBX Pro Studio and more. The Download can be done through the link below: (NOTE: Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10, including Creators Update; Modified by ME;
Test mode must be enabled)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avmj2CMC-f2box-ZzPwZPpMwyAgp

I hope you enjoy it, my intention was only to help.

Images of functionality:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boyAkfblqY5bMobPq
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boyKuyg0BkHs5x6Zk
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boyFg7mypc4W_VDt8
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boyPDERNFzfH82zkd

Last edited:
Still waiting on the fast ring build download. (errored out the first time), then I'll probably try it out. If not then the old 275 dll.

So.. I just have tried to push PCEE4 and Dolby Digital Plus over SPDIF and HDMI is the second Archive that I have added. Those who have SPDIF and HDMI output can post an screenshot to see if its working or not .... Important for second archive is to install Dolby Tuning and Profile Creator first then second install realtek driver mod. I hope to have Dolby digital output and dolby digital live output via SPDIF and HDMI

Last edited by a moderator:
The method with the regedit and dll file only is indeed working again with build 16184.

(I tried pulling the dll file from Alan's mod, though not installing normally because I don't want to use Test Mode because games that use Battleye anticheat won't allow it, and... interestingly just that dll and the regedit didn't give me the usual options.)

So I went back to the usual current method on this thread (Pg 37) with the modified dll for R275, which is still working with R281.

However, avoid the Spatial Audio tab completely. Simply going to the tab will set you back to 2ch and that change won't even be visible unless you close everything out completely and open up the options again.

I guess I should mention, for those that don't know - That specific registry edit breaks the Netflix app, as far as I know. That's the only other issue I know about.

(other than some other specific game fixes that aren't actually directly a part of this issue)

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Yes I got this this morning around 3AM local time and I can confirm A1 method works and In my case with PHITO patcher I was able to modify the latest Realtk driver available 6.0.1.8125 .
Both formats are working again DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live and HW encoding is finally engaged properly .
There is "issue" with SPATIAL but however it appears as issue it actually isn't , it should work this way and I writ this for final here as Im getting annoyed by people not reading and most of all not understanding standards, formats , encoded/decoded HW signal and PSEUDO SURROUND / 3D audio .
Ill try to present the differences in most simplified way as I can :

- SPATIAL , SRS , SONIC, 3D Audio ,VIRTUAL SURROUND, DFX , SBX X-Fi MB3/MB5,DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS are all PSEUDO SURROUND technologies designed to GIVE A SURROUND LIKE sound out of 2 (TWO) speakers ..thats it ..pure SOFTWARE solution a surround virtualization immersive 3D like sound out of 2 or 2.1 Speakers . This technolgy is CPU intensive and use CPU recources and AUDIO Hardware is just a transport device or lets put it this way AUDIO Interface to provide sound.

- DTS Interactive/Connect and Dolby Digital Live are HARDWARE solution which use ON BOARD AUDIO ENCODER part of ON-BOARD AUDIO PROCESSOR which is far less CPU intensive and thats what we want . We want our ON-BOARD AUDIO PROCESSOR to put at work istead of CPU and what else it does the job much better and appropriate in term of channeling multi channel systems .
This formats are DESIGNED to upscale in HARDWARE any 2 channel audio into DTS or DOLBY output thats why this "INTERACTIVE" and "LIVE" stands for again AUDIO PROCESSOR does it and AGAIN it reduce significantly CPU Load .
WHY DOSE IT BETTER ???? because of inbuilt highly developed ALGORITHMS within the AUDIO PROCESSOR which are polished to the finest to create a full SURROUND AUDIO out of only 2 channel audio .
For what is this good ??? For listening MUSIC and any other audio source that DOESN'T HAVE DTS or DOLBY Encoded streams .
IS IT 100% accurate ??? ..NO IT IS NOT as there is no original MULTI CHANNEL SOURCE so the ALGORITHMS are basically creating multi channel environment then it is ENCODED send to what ever system you have and then DECODED which in final SOME PEOPLE ADORE like me and some PEOPLE HATE mostly hard core audiophile dudes .

BIG BENEFIT as it is STANDARD set by DTS and DOLBY so Hardware manufacturers like Realtek & Creative have to FOLLOW as it is STANDARD well defined and set in other hand all this PSEUDO 3D mentioned above are NOT STANDARDS and are software solutions by respective developer .

Lesson here You dont want to MIX PSEUDO 3D with DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital LIVE as they are in FUNDAMENTAL CONFLICT technology wise and what you guys doing are fucking up the systems and yourself most of all .

1 . YOU DONT MIX or USE SPATIAL ,SRS with DTSI or DDL
2. USE SRS or any other PSEUDO 3D Audio technology exclusively with 2 or 2.1 Speaker setup
3. MULTI Channel users 5.1 , 7.1 and above use DTS Interactive or Dolby DIgital LIve as DEFAULT FORMAT and in players if available ENABLE PASS THROUGH as it will ensure that coded DTS Dolby Streams are set directly to your receivers it WONT BE MANIPULATED by DTSI or DDL .

The bug in this version is only that Microsoft should GRAY OUT and DISABLE SPATIAL TAB as soon as one select DTS I or DDL as they are in FORMAT CONFLICT .

Yes I got this this morning around 3AM local time and I can confirm A1 method works and In my case with PHITO patcher I was able to modify the latest Realtk driver available 6.0.1.8125 .
Both formats are working again DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live and HW encoding is finally engaged properly .
There is "issue" with SPATIAL but however it appears as issue it actually isn't , it should work this way and I writ this for final here as Im getting annoyed by people not reading and most of all not understanding standards, formats , encoded/decoded HW signal and PSEUDO SURROUND / 3D audio .
Ill try to present the differences in most simplified way as I can :

- SPATIAL , SRS , SONIC, 3D Audio ,VIRTUAL SURROUND, DFX , SBX X-Fi MB3/MB5,DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS are all PSEUDO SURROUND technologies designed to GIVE A SURROUND LIKE sound out of 2 (TWO) speakers ..thats it ..pure SOFTWARE solution a surround virtualization immersive 3D like sound out of 2 or 2.1 Speakers . This technolgy is CPU intensive and use CPU recources and AUDIO Hardware is just a transport device or lets put it this way AUDIO Interface to provide sound.

- DTS Interactive/Connect and Dolby Digital Live are HARDWARE solution which use ON BOARD AUDIO ENCODER part of ON-BOARD AUDIO PROCESSOR which is far less CPU intensive and thats what we want . We want our ON-BOARD AUDIO PROCESSOR to put at work istead of CPU and what else it does the job much better and appropriate in term of channeling multi channel systems .
This formats are DESIGNED to upscale in HARDWARE any 2 channel audio into DTS or DOLBY output thats why this "INTERACTIVE" and "LIVE" stands for again AUDIO PROCESSOR does it and AGAIN it reduce significantly CPU Load .
WHY DOSE IT BETTER ???? because of inbuilt highly developed ALGORITHMS within the AUDIO PROCESSOR which are polished to the finest to create a full SURROUND AUDIO out of only 2 channel audio .
For what is this good ??? For listening MUSIC and any other audio source that DOESN'T HAVE DTS or DOLBY Encoded streams .
IS IT 100% accurate ??? ..NO IT IS NOT as there is no original MULTI CHANNEL SOURCE so the ALGORITHMS are basically creating multi channel environment then it is ENCODED send to what ever system you have and then DECODED which in final SOME PEOPLE ADORE like me and some PEOPLE HATE mostly hard core audiophile dudes .

BIG BENEFIT as it is STANDARD set by DTS and DOLBY so Hardware manufacturers like Realtek & Creative have to FOLLOW as it is STANDARD well defined and set in other hand all this PSEUDO 3D mentioned above are NOT STANDARDS and are software solutions by respective developer .

Lesson here You dont want to MIX PSEUDO 3D with DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital LIVE as they are in FUNDAMENTAL CONFLICT technology wise and what you guys doing are fucking up the systems and yourself most of all .

1 . YOU DONT MIX or USE SPATIAL ,SRS with DTSI or DDL
2. USE SRS or any other PSEUDO 3D Audio technology exclusively with 2 or 2.1 Speaker setup
3. MULTI Channel users 5.1 , 7.1 and above use DTS Interactive or Dolby DIgital LIve as DEFAULT FORMAT and in players if available ENABLE PASS THROUGH as it will ensure that coded DTS Dolby Streams are set directly to your receivers it WONT BE MANIPULATED by DTSI or DDL .

The bug in this version is only that Microsoft should GRAY OUT and DISABLE SPATIAL TAB as soon as one select DTS I or DDL as they are in FORMAT CONFLICT .
Thank you so much for your guidance but I dont think so for some effects. In my second Archive I have separated all the effects that I have pushed into the main screenshots because you are exactly right So SRS, Sonic, Dolby DAX2, DAX3, Harman also are only for two channels only for stereo. Dolby PCEE4 and Dolby Digital plus Home Theater are Effects for 5.1 speaker audio configuration they give Dolby digital output and dolby digital live output via spdif and HDMI and really 16 bit 48000 hz ac3 via analog speaker audio configuration. What I have made is I just separated dolby PCEE4 and DDP only via HDMI and SPDIF. I dont have SPDIF in my computer also my HDMI is from NVIDIA. Please Can you install this Driver mod and tell me if it working or not and can you post some screenshots from your SPDIF device Thank you very much install this archive Dj Urko - realtek_hda_8090_Dolby_Harman_SRS_PCEE4viaSPDIF&HDMI that's the right archive if you have SPDIF

Im getting annoyed by people not reading and most of all not understanding standards, formats , encoded/decoded HW signal and PSEUDO SURROUND / 3D audio .

Welcome to my world. :laugh:

Yeah, the dll/regedit method works again in Fast Ring build 16184, but avoid clicking the Spatial Audio tab at all or you'll be switched back to 2ch without warning.