• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Capture98.PNG
OK I admit I am stupid in audio modifications. Here is my progress:

1. Audio codec, ALC1150 on ASUS MoBo Sabertooth X99. What other information would you need to make it work?
2. I uninstalled the old Realtek driver through deleting the device along with software from device manager.
3. I tried to install the modified driver using the setup executable. It gives me error during installation and the process was aborted automatically.

My question for you is would you mind posting a walkthrough either in text or pictures? From the sounds of it I would need to turn off SecureBoot in UEFI to get this to work.

My wife's old HP laptop had SRS Premium sound and it was pretty awesome outputing to a pair of BOSE speakers. Way better than my ASUS built in software.
yes you need to enable test mode secure boot must be disabled and for alc 1150 you can find this in your sound propereties just right button playback devices speakers propereties and you will see encore propereties when you click there it will comme another menu with driver and details you select details tab and you select hardware ids and you copy this what you see and paste me here I will create an inf with your machine

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
So I get it how to disable Secure Boot. But regarding Windows 10 Test mode. How do you enable it? From my understanding this is to help install driver not digitally signed, correct?

Also, how big of a difference does it make in terms of sound quality? I am using Bose companion20.

So I get it how to disable Secure Boot. But regarding Windows 10 Test mode. How do you enable it? From my understanding this is to help install driver not digitally signed, correct?

Also, how big of a difference does it make in terms of sound quality? I am using Bose companion20.
super that beautiful the quality is good when you corrige the effects also you must read instruction disabling.docx in extras folder of my archive and download my new archive because somethings are fixed

View attachment 87403
Now SRS is a DTS Company that's my second project to push and this effect only diferece is that the dts studio sound is for 5.1 speaker configuration also I think just is new version of srs in the moment I can open only settings panel its to complicated and so much things to deal with. This is called also SRSAPO3GUI For dolby atmos is possible via SPDIF but we need to find an file called dax3_api_release_x64.msi that's the dolby atmos api sdk required to install the app look in my archive folder dax3 and try to install it to see what message will come

The file was included in your attachment from post #1.

The file was included in your attachment from post #1.
I have only dax3_app_release_x64 this is not api sdk. api sdk for dolby atmos is different program

So I upload An archive with the driver that the setup launch error is maybe fixed

So Finally We have Dolby digital ouput fixed via SPDIF and HDMI
SPDIF.png

Last edited by a moderator:

edumariano

Hi, I tested on Windows 10 Creators Edition.

The option for Dolby Digital is displayed, but when I try to Test ou Apply the change there`s a error.
All the other features seens to work.

Capturar.PNG

Hi, I tested on Windows 10 Creators Edition.

The option for Dolby Digital is displayed, but when I try to Test ou Apply the change there`s a error.
All the other features seens to work.

View attachment 87450
can you send me other features also please thank you I hope that soon micorsoft will add the hotfixes for that happen please read this https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...84-pc-build-15208-mobile/#1uQlgCAFCCGvK8L4.97 you must update windows to this version and it will work
Changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
  • We fixed an issue where night light could get stuck in a disabled state.
  • We’ve updated Start to use the improved XAML scrollbar style announced during Creators Update development.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights where dragging an app from Start’s All apps list into the tile grid would result in Start crashing.
  • We fixed an issue for those using Windows in Japanese, where on first login after an upgrade certain apps would unexpectedly appear at the bottom of the Start’s All apps list for an hour or until being launched, instead of the normal sorted position.
  • Since the preview picture in Start Settings only previewed background and theming changes, which are already available to be previewed on their corresponding Settings pages, we’ve made the decision to remove it.
  • We’ve improved the loading performance of the Notification Settings page.
  • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in Photos crashing if you opened a picture from the Collection page and then pressed the back button in the title back.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Counter Strike Global Offensive hanging or freezing during game play on the latest builds (16176+).
  • We fixed the issue where pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.

can you send me other features also please thank you I hope that soon micorsoft will add the hotfixes for that happen please read this https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...84-pc-build-15208-mobile/#1uQlgCAFCCGvK8L4.97 you must update windows to this version and it will work
Changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
  • We fixed an issue where night light could get stuck in a disabled state.
  • We’ve updated Start to use the improved XAML scrollbar style announced during Creators Update development.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights where dragging an app from Start’s All apps list into the tile grid would result in Start crashing.
  • We fixed an issue for those using Windows in Japanese, where on first login after an upgrade certain apps would unexpectedly appear at the bottom of the Start’s All apps list for an hour or until being launched, instead of the normal sorted position.
  • Since the preview picture in Start Settings only previewed background and theming changes, which are already available to be previewed on their corresponding Settings pages, we’ve made the decision to remove it.
  • We’ve improved the loading performance of the Notification Settings page.
  • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
  • We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in Photos crashing if you opened a picture from the Collection page and then pressed the back button in the title back.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Counter Strike Global Offensive hanging or freezing during game play on the latest builds (16176+).
  • We fixed the issue where pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
They always change something ........

As has been stated many many many times before in the other thread, Optical Dolby and DTS are broken in the current public Creator's Update. It has been fixed in the current Insider Build (Fast Ring) and will hopefully be fixed soon for the public/Creator's Update build.

As has been stated many many many times before in the other thread, Optical Dolby and DTS are broken in the current public Creator's Update. It has been fixed in the current Insider Build (Fast Ring) and will hopefully be fixed soon for the public/Creator's Update build.
just for that I am not insider I still stay in 14393 build and I wait for the final build of creators update but thank you for the information

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
I haw dolby digital plus on tablet

I haw dolby digital plus on tablet
super one of my nexts projects is to make an mod for intel sst audio device driver also

@Mussels if the driver works for you post your screenshots here thank you if your device ID is not exist into the inf file you will get error -0001

So that's the dolby atmos app who is coming from Lenovo DAX3 (dolby audio x3)
dolby atmos app.PNG

headphone dolby atoms is already in dolby access app. we need for speakers and SPDIF.
this is also for speakers in this picture is just builded for Conexant headphones but also can be build for realtek speakers and SPDIF like secondary effect with Dolby digital output this is called also Dolby audio x3 app (Dolby atmos)

@infrared if you are already installed this driver mod can you upload some screenshots here thank you

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
@infrared if you are already installed this driver mod can you upload some screenshots here thank you
I haven't installed it yet, I'll try it tonight and post some screenshots, fingers crossed.
Thanks for the time and effort you've put into this :)

So That's the Final Guide for installation of Driver.
1. go into Extras folder and do it all things write in Disabling.docx then do not restart.
2. go to settings - update - recovery then advanced startup and restart to enable the blue menu and press F7 to disable driver signature enforcement inside test mode.
3. install dolby tuning and profile creator first with the driver test mode debug ot dht release and chose install content assets. Do not restart
4. just install realtek driver via Setup.exe after installing select do not restart computer.
5. go to ds1 folder and install dolby digital plus HT
6. go to folder dax2 and instal first dax2_api_release_x64 then dax2updatedb and then dax2_app_release_x64.exe
7. go to folder extras and install audio by Harman and srsuiapo.
8 Finally run A2-V4.reg to get dolby home theatre v4 in place of dolby advanced audio v2
9. restart the computer and all done

CeeJayPwnage

Heres another string to add:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_18491898

(Asrock Mainboard)

Heres another string to add:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_18491898

(Asrock Mainboard)
Now its Done please People upload your screenshots like that I will fix somethings in the future updates.... I upload your inf file in my link you can download it and rename it to HDXRT4 and replace in folder Win64

Last edited:
thanks!

I just started installing the current win10 insider preview, will try afterwards
no problem I am always here for all of you So I will install the creators update like second Windows in my computer

@itachimendes you have get this error because your device id does not exit into the inf just tell me your device IDs and I will push it into the inf file thank you

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
@Dj Urko Me?? I'm insider and I'm using build 16184. I have not yet tested your driver on this build ..... only on 14393! But dolby digital live and dts connect is working perfectly.

I think That it will work Fine on 16184 but not Sure for newer insider builds its like Kaspersky sometimes you can install this sometimes not

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Op, having spent some time having to merge your post where you have double and triple posted (constantly), can you go back to post 20 and take that members advice and either use the edit or multiquote button otherwise this thread may become dust...... thank you.

Op, having spent some time having to merge your post where you have double and triple posted (constantly), can you go back to post 20 and take that members advice and either use the edit or multiquote button otherwise this thread may become dust...... thank you.
In post 20 I dont have edit button now but I have click on multiquote So it is ok like that? Thank you I dont have any other buttons like toggle multiquote and reply

Last edited: